Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Op is a fag again

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 AM Edited by Rhym3z, 29 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

I hold my hands up in shame, i was one of those many fools.

slight
  • slight

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

The only way that GTA Online would be horrible if they would had your face in the game.

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

The only way that GTA Online would be horrible if they would had your face in the game.

Oh no, its as bad as it is already.
He would actually improve it.
But you on the other hand? Jeez.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

horrible community has just ruined this game for me

You need to play it with friends or crew mates.  Also, try taking out your frustration on the sh*tbird players (the guys who grief, spawn camp, drive tanks, shoot LSC mechanics, etc.) in any given session.  It is surprisingly satisfying.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by Revelation2106, 29 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Yes, because 500 unique missions is a realistic aim for a launch title. No offence OP, but I'm pretty sure you set your expectations way too high.

I agree. Anyone who really thought that there would be 500 completely unique missions is incredibly naïve. There are only so many ways you can kill, steal and race in a game.

I get a kick out of people's expectations from a $60 product.

That's a real easy thing to say after the game was released and the truth about the missions became obvious. However, I agree. There are only so many ways to kill, steal and race in a game. I bet if you give me 5 years I could come up with more than they did for GTAO, though ... and I bet you could, too.

Doesn't anyone question why after 5 years of developement we ended up with activities (ahem, missions, sorry) no more technologically advanced and well thought out than arm wrestling, darts (was in GTA4), races (been in GTA since forever), base jumping (was in GTA as early as SA), Death Match (because that's original), survival (well, okay, not too bad)? And people around here claim CoD fans are just buying the same game. But, as much as I'm going to hate myself a little for typing this, at least it doesn't take them 5 years to recycle it. 

You see, I'm pretty much your opposite. I get a kick out of trying to figure out how people are okay with such low expectations.

I try to avoid threads like this because of people like you who thinks that a dev studio spends 5 years on just creating missions. And I don't mean to sound offensive saying that.

You do realise the game runs on a completely new engine, has a completely new modelled environment, has new modelled cars and guns, has updated audio quality, has dynamic weather, dynamic particle effects (water, rain, dripping clothes, smoke etc...).

The point is, they didn't spend 5 years thinking "how can we reinvent the concept of killing AI in missions once people get bored after a month". They advertised GTA:O as a free roam game where people can make their own fun because they knew that the game would be lacking most of the content on launch. They also stated that they'd be updating it as time went by. I feel that people are asking for too much from a game that runs this well on current gen consoles. I also feel that people vastly misunderstand how long it takes to create more content for games like this.

Have some patience people, more stuff is coming.

• madwullie and Chaos-Elite like this

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Not horrible, Just monotonous. There is nothing to do, Not enough content. The missions are all too simple, Mindless crap. Doing the same sh*t over and over. Also the way you access missions is painful at best, The spawn system makes free roam "battles" a complete joke (Map is bigger than all R* maps combined yet the guy I killed spawns a bee's dick away from me? Cmon man). Hoping Heists will quench my thirst for something challenging but I am doubtful. Imo this game needs 50+ more minigames and more involving missions. This game is in easy mode.
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by theadmiral, 29 October 2013 - 01:39 PM.

The game is pretty horrible to be honest. I still play it though. Usually I log in and try for like 15 minutes to find some of my friends and see what they are up to, and if nothing good is going on I just quit.

Freeroam by yourself is horrible, racing with randoms is horrible, the missions are horrible, deathmatch is horrible, LTS is worthless, and I cant imagine why i'd even do them once I have enough money.

Add in the on mic arguing and idiocy and you have a really poor gameplay experience here unless you are with your friends.

Freeroam gunfights are ridiculous people spawn right by you and the cops interrupt them, if you return fire on a guy who shoots at you but you die your car gets impounded.

• Scumbaggah likes this

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Pburke1, 29 October 2013 - 01:41 PM.

OP, wrong forum section for you then bro go - post in a SP section.

Maybe you and Admiral could play with each other and just constantly f*cking complain about sh*t, you'd be good buddies.

• theadmiral likes this

lionofjudah7
  • lionofjudah7

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I love the campaign but the online just seems lazy and repetitive.

All of the apartments look exactly the same.  when i call for a job i almost always get the same job i just played. ive been punished twice for being a bad sport and all I did was get kicked from lobbys for no reason at all.

Dont get me wrong the online was fun for about two weeks but the lack of missions and horrible community has just ruined this game for me. For me this game would have been a lot better if there was actually 500 real missions, not races and deathmatches.

go back to playing black ops then fagg0t

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I love the campaign but the online just seems lazy and repetitive.

All of the apartments look exactly the same.  when i call for a job i almost always get the same job i just played. ive been punished twice for being a bad sport and all I did was get kicked from lobbys for no reason at all.

Dont get me wrong the online was fun for about two weeks but the lack of missions and horrible community has just ruined this game for me. For me this game would have been a lot better if there was actually 500 real missions, not races and deathmatches.

go back to playing black ops then fagg0t

What a thoughtful, intelligent comment. You should really be proud of yourself.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

image.png

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

It's kind of like Star Wars:  The Old Republic.  It was tons of fun until you started reading the forums.  Crap kids ruin the game.  Best bet is to forget all about the forums and just play the game.

I am able to filter this sewer content here through my eternal sunny disposition and still enjoy the product.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Maybe you and Admiral could play with each other and just constantly f*cking complain about sh*t, you'd be good buddies.

Nothing like personally attacking someone because they have a different opinion right? A+ comment

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Why would you post GTA:O complaints in the single player section?

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

You see, I'm pretty much your opposite. I get a kick out of trying to figure out how people are okay with such low expectations.

Realistic =/= low.

You have to remember, this is a whole new thing for RS. Hell, other than APB (which was a tremendous failure on a lot of fronts), this is a whole new thing for the genre. The fact that they had the balls to do it impresses me by itself tbh.

If you think about previous GTA games, each one has effectively kept the same basic forumla for the majority of missions - go there, steal that, kill that, go home - so it's no surprise to me that the majority of the online missions are exactly the same, because the formula is exactly the same in GTAV. If the whole 3 protag thing didn't happen in GTAV, it would effectively be bringing nothing new to the table at all.

On the subject of innovation - how many games in recent years have truly been innovative, and how have they gone in the market, and how many have been from big devs/publishers? I can think of games like Mirror's Edge, Alpha Protocol, the first Assassins Creed, Portal, maybe the STALKER games, that were true innovators for different reasons. If you look at those games, all but maybe one or two of them were massive flops.

RS aren't really the type of company, and GTA isn't really the type of franchise, that they can take chances like that, not for a game launch anyway. I can see them adding innovative stuff down the track, but that's wholly dependent on the data they'll be getting from the way we're playing, and how much of the commmunity sticks around after the first couple of DLC packs.

So yeah, my expectations weren't low - they were just realistic.

^^^

Excellent response Sir, my words exactly

And for the gentleman that stated he would have done a better job given 5 years of development, i would have to disagree. Its been said many many many times on here, this is an evolving title, it will grow, change, be tweaked etc. R* will make mistakes, we hope they will address those mistakes in a timely fashion but sometimes mistakes need to happen for greater good

I stand by comments i have made on previous threads, we all need to have some patience. It is not possible to add content every week let alone every month

There were games before this and there will games after this. Variety folks, its your choice

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Is it really that hard to put the controller down? The amount of people on here saying they don't like "this" or "that" about the game is staggering. 

Good, great, grand, you REALLY can't just stop playing without having to bitch about it on a forum? Really? You really just can't wait till announcements? You just HAVE to bitch?

I mean, I'm not into the new Pokemon game, but to actually play it, not like it, and write about it on a forum? Jesus people, get some more action in your lives or something.

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Pburke1, 29 October 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Why would you post GTA:O complaints in the single player section?

Jeez, do I really have to spell it out? 

" I love the campaign but the online just seems lazy and repetitive."

F*ck off back to the campaign then.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:57 PM Edited by theadmiral, 29 October 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Is it really that hard to put the controller down? The amount of people on here saying they don't like "this" or "that" about the game is staggering. 

Good, great, grand, you REALLY can't just stop playing without having to bitch about it on a forum? Really? You really just can't wait till announcements? You just HAVE to bitch?

I mean, I'm not into the new Pokemon game, but to actually play it, not like it, and write about it on a forum? Jesus people, get some more action in your lives or something.

The "If you have a problem with the game, don't play it" is the most ridiculous, moronic argument that has ever been used, no insult intended. We all obviously care enough about the game to come on a forum and talk about it.

Do you really even need to raise such a childish argument? Wouldn't it be better to say nothing at all?

Maybe you are not suited for a discussion community about this game if you cannot handle hearing this stuff?

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I agree with this pokemon player.

**Do people still play pokemon?

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Or perhaps, a lot of us don't like wasting money on an overhyped, sh*t game?

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

How's this game more repetitive then any other game in the history of games???

I mean really, some people just don't enjoy the mechanics which is fine, move on..

But to say it lacks variety is pure stupidity. Maybe it's cause half of any online community loves to replay the same chit over and over. Why Call of Rehash is so popular.

I do agree the community ruins this more then anything else. But the physics that make each moment unique is what brings me back every day.

And what's wrong with hundreds of different DM and races? It's called variety, too many dead heads want to flame the same fkn chit tho it's annoying, go back to call of rehash or Forza so u can drive in circles without traffic or play same DM map over and over.

I don't get gamers nowadays, so fkn numb

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

I mean really, some people just don't enjoy the mechanics which is fine, move on..

But to say it lacks variety is pure stupidity. Maybe it's cause half of any online community loves to replay the same chit over and over. Why Call of Rehash is so popular.

I do agree the community ruins this more then anything else. But the physics that make each moment unique is what brings me back every day.

And what's wrong with hundreds of different DM and races? It's called variety, too many dead heads want to flame the same fkn chit tho it's annoying, go back to call of rehash or Forza so u can drive in circles without traffic or play same DM map over and over.

What "physics" are you referring to that make each moment unique?

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

MMORPs are initially repetitive by nature. Usually that's pretty apparent--keep killing squirrels or whatever over and over until you can rank up and move on. GTA falls into that mode but in a subtly brilliant way. Allow me to explain.

When I started playing GTAO I started having those same experiences. Bored of repetition. Tired of being killed repetitively by trolls. Disgusted by player chatter. I'm with ya. But something was happening I wasn't aware of. As I waded through the sea of sh*te I was finding the occasional pearl. A cooperative partner for survival here, a friendly voice there. Gradually more and more "preferred players" we're added. New "friends" we're my Easter eggs.

Then crews came out. I jumped on a couple but didn't quite find what I was looking for. Again, more trial and error. Then one night I ended up playing with a friend and several of his crew whom I'd never met. As we ran around we chatted in an XBL Party. Sure enough along came Mr Troll who spawn killed me a couple times. Only this time I called out his name and the crew swooped in on my behalf and collectively we made his life miserable until he left the board. Revenge is best shared with mates. During this time we cruised around six deep in a limo and tested how much abuse it would take, took some pics, did some stunts, and generally f'd off. None of which involved any R* provided missions. Several hours of fun.

That's when I realized what this game can be. Now, that's not for everyone. Some people aren't social. Some people want a linear, scripted A-B play through and that's OK. But those of us that love the game love it because we've found in it a type of experience that we enjoy. To those that are bored/frustrated with GTAO I would humbly say stick with it brother/sister. If you're willing to die hundreds of times over to make the occasional new friend what you're looking for is out there. Struggle on!

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

What "physics" are you referring to that make each moment unique?

????? Do you not understand physics????

Compare this with CoD, and watch how characters react when getting shot or death animations. Cod it's prescripted BS like the last 6+ rehashes, to keep their lofty 60fps

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sounds like most of u need to stop playing video games altogether, cus in the past year ive played every AAA game there is and gta is the best of any game out there right now lol

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

The objective of this game is to f*ck up people in free roam faster and better. WTF did you expect? 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Playing with friends is always a blast.

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

surprised how many people are so easily pleased by online.

Going by the fact that r* thinks this is an mmo, the option are laughable.

The potential was pretty much limitless.

Yet its repetitive, boring, and lazy.

Once you've bought everything you want, then what?

if there's no progression, theres no fun, and grinding stats isn't either.

Yet another disappointment this year

How much time have you put into Online out of interest? I've put in about 20 hours in total and just bought my first garage (cant afford apartment) Im still thoroughly enjoying myself, always finding some new place on the map to explore.

biglewdon
  • biglewdon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by biglewdon, 29 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

I missed the first week playing online because i was on holiday that said i have played pretty much every day since i have been back in the evenings (i have a job)

I really to struggle to see how people are bored already, The only explanation is either...

a) They have no job and play 24/7 and already have everything therefore leaving them nothing to work towards.

or

b) They glitched millions bought everything they could leaving them nothing to work towards.

Either way bitching and crying about it on the forums wont make it any more interesting, Get some patients and WAIT for the content.

• Kahkenbols likes this

The online users list is currently unavailable due to maintenance but will return in 4 minutes.