Photo

GTA online is horrible.

147 replies to this topic
godless_karma
  • godless_karma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I love the campaign but the online just seems lazy and repetitive.

All of the apartments look exactly the same.  when i call for a job i almost always get the same job i just played. ive been punished twice for being a bad sport and all I did was get kicked from lobbys for no reason at all.

Dont get me wrong the online was fun for about two weeks but the lack of missions and horrible community has just ruined this game for me. For me this game would have been a lot better if there was actually 500 real missions, not races and deathmatches.

• 727gta and Upggrade like this

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Sorry to hear that bud, but I disagree. 

• Alex Francisco likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

All of the apartments look exactly the same.  when i call for a job i almost always get the same job i just played. ive been punished twice for being a bad sport and all I did was get kicked from lobbys for no reason at all.

Dont get me wrong the online was fun for about two weeks but the lack of missions and horrible community has just ruined this game for me. For me this game would have been a lot better if there was actually 500 real missions, not races and deathmatches.

The missions ... All 600 of them.... I mean 10...are quite boring

Games vastly overrated

It's more like an 8/10 tops
  • ps2_master94 likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

It's only as repetative as you make it.

I'm with Mr Scoob there.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

GTA online is horrible...

Said no one ever.

• LeAristocrat likes this

godless_karma
  • godless_karma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by godless_karma, 29 October 2013 - 04:41 AM.

I dont understand how im making the game repetitive.

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

Gotta mix it up. I'm finding more fun in free-roam and being interesting in it. I drag race people, find griefers of low level noobs and grief them back for the noobz. Setup ambushes at crate sites or Simeons dock garage. Bounty hunt others.

Find the fun, its there. Don't spam races it will kill the game for you quickly
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

Comboking
  • Comboking

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

i agree, for some reason i still have the need to log in and drive around in free roam, but once something better comes out, most likely wont touch the game till heists, once bored of all of the 2 heists they will release ill just go back to bf4 or cod ghosts 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

Yes, because 500 unique missions is a realistic aim for a launch title. No offence OP, but I'm pretty sure you set your expectations way too high.
  • 73duster likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

i agree, for some reason i still have the need to log in and drive around in free roam, but once something better comes out, most likely wont touch the game till heists, once bored of all of the 2 heists they will release ill just go back to bf4 or cod ghosts

x

godless_karma
  • godless_karma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

It was R* whose miss leaded everyone about the variety of missions. when you say 500 missions who thinks of races and deathmatches

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

surprised how many people are so easily pleased by online.

Going by the fact that r* thinks this is an mmo, the option are laughable.

The potential was pretty much limitless.

Yet its repetitive, boring, and lazy.

Once you've bought everything you want, then what?

if there's no progression, theres no fun, and grinding stats isn't either.

Yet another disappointment this year

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

I guess they were too stupid to realize the mission farming which opens up the floodgates for progression

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

I guess they were too stupid to realize the mission farming which opens up the floodgates for progression

Eerm. No

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

we hate this game

we just love discussing how much we hate it

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by SKaREO, 29 October 2013 - 05:23 AM.

Forced dunce cap for a week because I like to blow sh*t up.... They offer me Sticky Bombs, Grenades, RPG, Grenade Launcher, Minigun, Gasoline, Buzzard, Rhino, hell even a pistol shooting the gas trail on a car will make it explode. Then they force me to wear a f*cking dunce cap?? It's just mind boggling stupid. Aside from that I love the game but I can't tolerate wearing this pointy f*cking hat for weeks.

Synethste
  • Synethste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Save it for some one who cares. #NobodyCaresAboutYou

Synethste
  • Synethste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

It was R* whose miss leaded everyone about the variety of missions. when you say 500 missions who thinks of races and deathmatchesr 

Me, and other intelligent folk

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Save it for some one who cares. #NobodyCaresAboutYou

I do

Synethste
  • Synethste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:27 AM Edited by Synethste, 29 October 2013 - 05:28 AM.

Forced dunce cap for a week because I like to blow sh*t up.... They offer me Sticky Bombs, Grenades, RPG, Grenade Launcher, Minigun, Gasoline, Buzzard, Rhino, hell even a pistol shooting the gas trail on a car will make it explode. Then they force me to wear a f*cking dunce cap?? It's just mind boggling stupid. Aside from that I love the game but I can't tolerate wearing this pointy f*cking hat for weeks.

Than quit blowing up peoples personal vehicles, DUNCE

• Upggrade likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

we care a lot

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Yes, because 500 unique missions is a realistic aim for a launch title. No offence OP, but I'm pretty sure you set your expectations way too high.

I agree. Anyone who really thought that there would be 500 completely unique missions is incredibly naïve. There are only so many ways you can kill, steal and race in a game.

I get a kick out of people's expectations from a $60 product.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by Pitch~Black, 29 October 2013 - 06:59 AM.

I agree. Anyone who really thought that there would be 500 completely unique missions is incredibly naïve. There are only so many ways you can kill, steal and race in a game.

I get a kick out of people's expectations from a $60 product.

That's a real easy thing to say after the game was released and the truth about the missions became obvious. However, I agree. There are only so many ways to kill, steal and race in a game. I bet if you give me 5 years I could come up with more than they did for GTAO, though ... and I bet you could, too.

Doesn't anyone question why after 5 years of developement we ended up with activities (ahem, missions, sorry) no more technologically advanced and well thought out than arm wrestling, darts (was in GTA4), races (been in GTA since forever), base jumping (was in GTA as early as SA), Death Match (because that's original), survival (well, okay, not too bad)? And people around here claim CoD fans are just buying the same game. But, as much as I'm going to hate myself a little for typing this, at least it doesn't take them 5 years to recycle it. 

You see, I'm pretty much your opposite. I get a kick out of trying to figure out how people are okay with such low expectations.

• Ninjambie likes this

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

1365130176282.jpg

• BuyMeTheMoon and TheMadNinjaTurtle like this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

You see, I'm pretty much your opposite. I get a kick out of trying to figure out how people are okay with such low expectations.

Realistic =/= low.

You have to remember, this is a whole new thing for RS. Hell, other than APB (which was a tremendous failure on a lot of fronts), this is a whole new thing for the genre. The fact that they had the balls to do it impresses me by itself tbh.

If you think about previous GTA games, each one has effectively kept the same basic forumla for the majority of missions - go there, steal that, kill that, go home - so it's no surprise to me that the majority of the online missions are exactly the same, because the formula is exactly the same in GTAV. If the whole 3 protag thing didn't happen in GTAV, it would effectively be bringing nothing new to the table at all.

On the subject of innovation - how many games in recent years have truly been innovative, and how have they gone in the market, and how many have been from big devs/publishers? I can think of games like Mirror's Edge, Alpha Protocol, the first Assassins Creed, Portal, maybe the STALKER games, that were true innovators for different reasons. If you look at those games, all but maybe one or two of them were massive flops.

RS aren't really the type of company, and GTA isn't really the type of franchise, that they can take chances like that, not for a game launch anyway. I can see them adding innovative stuff down the track, but that's wholly dependent on the data they'll be getting from the way we're playing, and how much of the commmunity sticks around after the first couple of DLC packs.

So yeah, my expectations weren't low - they were just realistic.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

its tuff being a glass is half full type around these parts. The missions got a lot better around 50 or so but the pay is still crap but i'm ok with that if you get what i'm saying ;) Still as a game its amazing what they have done. Just the beauty of the city and atmosphere and how the races are laid out is really good for how big the game is. I love how some races are so dialed when you ride the 801rr it flows so good doing wheelies and stoppies. maybe its just me

karaokegod73
  • karaokegod73

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Yes it's horrible...I went online tonight and get chased down and run over any time I try to do a job. Can't even f*cking play. I won't be going back online

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Than quit blowing up peoples personal vehicles, DUNCE

I'd honestly rather just play another game if it makes no difference. Wearing a dunce cap is beyond horrible game design.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Where did he say he expected 500 unique missions? R* said 500 missions when in fact they meant activities. I doubt very many people thought there would be 500 unique missions. Their expectations were based off of what R* said. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Where did he say he expected 500 unique missions? R* said 500 missions when in fact they meant activities. I doubt very many people thought there would be 500 unique missions. Their expectations were based off of what R* said. 

OP said he is sick of the repitition and wanted 500 missions....pretty easy to connect the two statements. Who wants 500 missions exactly the same? Why would you think anyone would ask for that?

Actually, it seems a lot of people did expect exactly that from the reaction and comment here on the forum. As I've said multiple times, I'm not one of them, and I truly feel sorry for those that are.

Expectations should never be high based off of what devs and publishers say. If you believe all you hear, you're going to waste a lot of money on "the best game of the year".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users