» «
Photo

oifruit now out for android but.......

90 replies to this topic
NikoBellic69
  • NikoBellic69

Niko

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by NikoBellic69, 29 October 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Shoulda went with iPhone losers!

Yes, the innovative iPhone 974. 1.6% thinner and .2% longer.

Or the other 974 androids
Android is the OS numbnuts.... not the phone. You don't go around calling the Iphone the IOS do you?

You're expecting intelligence from an iPhone user? Lolwut

Wait so you have never heard anyone say "I need a new android" or "I just got a new android" or "I need a new phone and I don't know if I should get an iPhone or an Android."  You must live a pretty sheltered life.  Maybe get off of GTA for a while and go outside.

No because Androids usually get updated and have decent hardware unlike ish*ts who cant be modified in any f*cking way without braking hundreds of secret EULA's placed by Apple and to actually use any of the "new" and "it" apps you actually need to buy a new phone every year with a slightly updated chip and processor and 0.00002% bigger screen just to play a new version of angry f*cking birds. fa**ot

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

is there some way i can tell google play i'm using 4.05 and not the 2.3 OS my phone originally came with?

Not unless you replace the old OS im afraid.

Should have wasted my money on a pointless device that does nothing better then the cheaper devices? Sure. Enjoy your overpriced phone.

The free iPhone 4S runs this app great!

No phone is free, even if you're under a 2 year contract. You will end up paying much more in the end, but it beats dishing out 600 all at once and not having insurance.

Well as an employee of a retail company that sells mobile phones I can assure you that you sir are incorrect.  Sprint had been selling iPhone 4's for free for nearly a year after the iPhone 5 was released.  I have already seen specials at my place of employment for a free iPhone 4S.  Retailer not named apple drop the price on the iPhones that are two generations behind because apple doesnt make them any longer and they need to free up inventory.  Best Buy was running a promotion where the iPhone 5C was $100 and you received a free $100 dollar gift card, Radio Shack was offering a $50 gift card.

iPhone 974? U know apple released one iPhone a year? Until this year when the 5c and 5s were released at the same time. Which was a fail on apples part and Steve Jobs is probably turning over in his grave.

Compared to Motorola, LG, and Samsung.. Or the other 974 androids

Because it's entirely necessary to release 7 iPhones in 6 years, right?

Please, how many new mobile devices that run android come out a year?  Or even galaxy devices?

All those phones are made by different companies -_-

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

iPhone 974? U know apple released one iPhone a year? Until this year when the 5c and 5s were released at the same time. Which was a fail on apples part and Steve Jobs is probably turning over in his grave.

Compared to Motorola, LG, and Samsung.. Or the other 974 androids

Because it's entirely necessary to release 7 iPhones in 6 years, right?

Please, how many new mobile devices that run android come out a year?  Or even galaxy devices?

Irrelevant. Android is an OS, iPhones are one set of phones.

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

Android is the OS numbnuts.... not the phone. You don't go around calling the Iphone the IOS do you?

Wait so you have never heard anyone say "I need a new android" or "I just got a new android" or "I need a new phone and I don't know if I should get an iPhone or an Android."  You must live a pretty sheltered life.  Maybe get off of GTA for a while and go outside.

Also I never once stated which phone I have so really you have no idea if I am an iPhone user or not.  I could be a troll that knows starting an android vs iphone war is easy and entertaining.  Oh look I called them androids again. What should I do list the 200 different phones using andriod?

No when people refer to their phones they normally refer to them by the name of the device and not the OS. If I had a Lumia I would call it a Lumia not "My Windows Phone" likewise a Samsung Galaxy is called a Samsung Galaxy not an Android.

And when people are deciding what to get most of time they won't say "I want an android" they'll say "I want a phone that runs android" because most people know the difference between Software and Hardware...

Do you work in retail?  If you do and this is your experience than I envy you.  The customers I deal with day in and day out usually call them droids.  Which has the same reaction on me and as calling them android has on you.  Also most people just show me their phone when they come in looking for a case and have no idea what model phone they have.  I do agree tho since the rise in popularity with the Galaxy S line, I hear more customers asking for galaxies.  

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

its a pile of sh*t and completely useless anyway, i dont know why you android guys went mental over it

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Just tried to install it onto a HTC Desire running Jellybean but it wouldn't work. Shame.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

a sh*t ton of android devices are always coming out..

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Also I never once stated which phone I have so really you have no idea if I am an iPhone user or not.  I could be a troll that knows starting an android vs iphone war is easy and entertaining.  Oh look I called them androids again. What should I do list the 200 different phones using andriod?

No when people refer to their phones they normally refer to them by the name of the device and not the OS. If I had a Lumia I would call it a Lumia not "My Windows Phone" likewise a Samsung Galaxy is called a Samsung Galaxy not an Android.

And when people are deciding what to get most of time they won't say "I want an android" they'll say "I want a phone that runs android" because most people know the difference between Software and Hardware...

Do you work in retail?  If you do and this is your experience than I envy you.  The customers I deal with day in and day out usually call them droids.  Which has the same reaction on me and as calling them android has on you.  Also most people just show me their phone when they come in looking for a case and have no idea what model phone they have.  I do agree tho since the rise in popularity with the Galaxy S line, I hear more customers asking for galaxies.  

I don't work in retail but I am friends with a lot of people who are into tech so we often refer to our devices correctly I guess.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

No because Androids usually get updated and have decent hardware unlike ish*ts who cant be modified in any f*cking way without braking hundreds of secret EULA's placed by Apple and to actually use any of the "new" and "it" apps you actually need to buy a new phone every year with a slightly updated chip and processor and 0.00002% bigger screen just to play a new version of angry f*cking birds. fa**ot

I'm still using an iPhone 4, not even a 4S, still don't feel the need to upgrade - had it for a couple of years - all new apps install fine, never had that issue.

I'm not an Apple fanboy, but you really are talking a lot of s*** there.

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

This is why I stated galaxies also.  There has been Note 2 and Note 3 and S4 this year, and thats just on contract, not to mention the other 1 with two different names on Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile.

O really?  Then why is there people in this thread that cannot run an app that a 2 year old iPhone has no problem running?

You android users and your semantics.  How many cell phones come out with android compared to how many cell phones come out with iOS.  I cant believe I have to spell it out for you guys.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by Vlynor, 29 October 2013 - 04:58 AM.

This is why I stated galaxies also.  There has been Note 2 and Note 3 and S4 this year, and thats just on contract, not to mention the other 1 with two different names on Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile.

O really?  Then why is there people in this thread that cannot run an app that a 2 year old iPhone has no problem running?

You android users and your semantics.  How many cell phones come out with android compared to how many cell phones come out with iOS.  I cant believe I have to spell it out for you guys.

Android OS is open source, meaning it can be used on multiple company's phones. iOS isn't licensed to anyone except Apple, so only they can use it. I can't believe I have to spell it out for you.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

that's my point. i HAVE replaced the old OS. i have had 4.05 on my phone for months but the google app store says my phone is incompatable. i think google app store thinks i'm using the original OS that came on the phone.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Flash a newer version of the os to the device, the itards are sure strong in here have to defend their glorified piece of junk every chance they get.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

"I have to return some videotapes."

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

This is why I stated galaxies also. photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588  There has been Note 2 and Note 3 and S4 this year, and thats just on contract, not to mention the other 1 with two different names on Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile.photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588

O really? photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588 Then why is there people in this thread that cannot run an app that a 2 year old iPhone has no problem running?photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588

You android users and your semantics. photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588 How photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588many photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588cell phones photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588come out with android compared to how many cell phones come out with iOS.photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588 I cant believe I have to spell it out for you guys.photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588

mfw 

photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Android OS is open source, meaning it can be used on multiple company's phones. iOS isn't licensed to anyone except Apple, so only they can use it. I can't believe I have to spell it out for you.

Really?  I wasnt aware of that.  Derp.

I don't understand what this has to do with original point.  Are you saying that you can not compare the two because of this.  Or we just can't compare the fact that tons of android cell phones come out every year compared to the one or two iOS cell phones that come out every year?  The fact that Android is open source is what is probably holding it back.  If only all android phones ran like a Nexus... 

AssassinHawkins
  • AssassinHawkins

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

My Galaxy Note 2 with android 4.1.2 runs it fine.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by Vlynor, 29 October 2013 - 05:10 AM.

I don't understand what this has to do with original point.  Are you saying that you can not compare the two because of this.  Or we just can't compare the fact that tons of android cell phones come out every year compared to the one or two iOS cell phones that come out every year?  The fact that Android is open source is what is probably holding it back.  If only all android phones ran like a Nexus... 

It's relevant to the original post. iOS is only used by Apple while Android is used by multiple companies (htc, Samsung, Google Nexus, etc.) If iOS was open source, you could compare the number of devices running Android and iOS. I'm talking about strictly iPhones, there's a great amount of them with little improvement between each.

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924542" timestamp="1383021848"][quote name="Entity9f" post="1063924494" timestamp="1383021299"]
[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924460" timestamp="1383020942"]
[quote name="JayJ47" post="1063924349" timestamp="1383019964"]
[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924301" timestamp="1383019407"]
[/quote]
Should have wasted my money on a pointless device that does nothing better then the cheaper devices? Sure. Enjoy your overpriced phone.[/quote]

The free iPhone 4S runs this app great![/quote]

No phone is free, even if you're under a 2 year contract. You will end up paying much more in the end, but it beats dishing out 600 all at once and not having insurance.
[/quote]

Well as an employee of a retail company that sells mobile phones I can assure you that you sir are incorrect.  Sprint had been selling iPhone 4's for free for nearly a year after the iPhone 5 was released.  I have already seen specials at my place of employment for a free iPhone 4S.  Retailer not named apple drop the price on the iPhones that are two generations behind because apple doesnt make them any longer and they need to free up inventory.  Best Buy was running a promotion where the iPhone 5C was $100 and you received a free $100 dollar gift card, Radio Shack was offering a $50 gift card.

[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924366" timestamp="1383020109"]
[quote name="Vlynor" post="1063924328" timestamp="1383019767"]

2 things: 1. A person working retail an selling phones would not refer to all Android OS-running devices as "Androids", that is, unless they're terrible at their job and extremely ignorant.

2. I highly doubt Sprint was just handing out iPhones to any bloke that walked in. The only way to receive a "free" phone through promotion is to sign an AGREEMENT. No phone carrier just hands you a phone just for sh*ts and giggles.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Android holds 50 percent of market share of cell phones compared to 39 percent Apple. Seems Apple is on the way out and android is booming.

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

It's relevant to the original post. iOS is only used by Apple while Android is used by multiple companies (htc, Samsung, Google Nexus, etc.) If iOS was open source, you could compare the number of devices running Android and iOS. I'm talking about strictly iPhones, there's a great amount of them with little improvement between each.

And the difference between a GS1 and GS2 or GS2 and GS3 or GS3 and GS4? How about the difference in Note 1 and Note 2 or Note 2 and Note 3. Same sh*t as Apple

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by AzraelX, 29 October 2013 - 05:24 AM.

why is there people in this thread that cannot run an app that a 2 year old iPhone has no problem running?

Considering this is an isolated incident, and the exact opposite is true for 99% of other apps, it's safe to assume that Rockstar just did a sh*tty job on the Android side of things. Probably rushed it out the door since it was already a month late. Not sure why or how you would think that's in any way relevant to this charming discussion.

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by Tdubinmadtown33, 29 October 2013 - 05:27 AM.

[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924542" timestamp="1383021848"][quote name="Entity9f" post="1063924494" timestamp="1383021299"]
[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924460" timestamp="1383020942"]
[quote name="JayJ47" post="1063924349" timestamp="1383019964"]
[/quote]
Should have wasted my money on a pointless device that does nothing better then the cheaper devices? Sure. Enjoy your overpriced phone.[/quote]

The free iPhone 4S runs this app great![/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="Tdubinmadtown33" post="1063924366" timestamp="1383020109"]
[quote name="Vlynor" post="1063924328" timestamp="1383019767"]

2 things: 1. A person working retail an selling phones would not refer to all Android OS-running devices as "Androids", that is, unless they're terrible at their job and extremely ignorant.

2. I highly doubt Sprint was just handing out iPhones to any bloke that walked in. The only way to receive a "free" phone through promotion is to sign an AGREEMENT. No phone carrier just hands you a phone just for sh*ts and giggles.

1.  Whatever you say bro.  I refer to them as Androids and so do my customers and co workers.  When that changes I will accordingly.  Do me a favor and search google for "android vs iPhone" notice before you even finish "android" that the first suggestion is "android vs iPhone" and the third is "android vs iOS".  Once you view the results for "Android vs iPhone" tell me how many articles are on there from tech related sites that are referring to cell phones that use android as "androids".  Clearly this is becoming the norm because there are simply to many cell phones running Android to name.

2.  I guess I assumed this was known in my original post and didn't need to spell it out.  Sprint doesn't offer no contract service so I felt like it was implied that I was referring to the cost with a 2 year agreement.  I know that you can walk into a Sprint and buy an iPhone out of contract for a full price, that is not what I was talking about.   

Western_Justice
  • Western_Justice

Old School

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Quick tip to anyone that can't get that can't get this working on their phone. I was able to run the app and make my plate by using Bluestacks, its still a pain in the ass but throwing this out there so others can see.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

losers

losers

photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588

GOLD GOLD GOLD! +1

• Joshancy likes this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 29 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Android 4.1 here. App is not compatible. Downloading apk and obb now. Lets hope the this will work.

EDIT: As for "should have went with iPhone" thing. I`m not a complete idiot to waste 500$+ on a phone.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Android 4.1 here. App is not compatible. Downloading apk and obb now. Lets hope the this will work.

EDIT: As for "should have went with iPhone" thing. I`m not a complete idiot to waste 500$+ on a phone.

Honestly, it really isn't worth all that effort.

Vysse
  • Vysse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

The reason people call them androids/droids is due to the sad fact that the human race feels the need to follow the crowd and when the biggest cell carrier in the US, Verizon, started calling all their devices running Android, droid this and droid that everyone followed. Same thing happened with iPhones everyone wanted one because the crowd wanted one. Then same thing with Samsung. My point is take a look at your device and really think. Did you pick it or did those around you pick it? Btw iOS is nothing special. Talk to me when you get widgets or the ability to have a different app as your home launcher or phone or messaging. IPhones are locked garbage that is good for those who need simplicity.

TL;DR: stop following the herd

Tdubinmadtown33
  • Tdubinmadtown33

Glitcher

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

No iPhone on contract cost that much.  If you are talking about pre paid or non activated then I don't blame you.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

BRB, BUYING AN IPHONE BECAUSE SOME c*nt ON THE GTAFORUMS

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

"I have to return some videotapes."

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

No iPhone on contract cost that much. photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588  If you are talking about pre paidphoto-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588or non activatedphoto-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588then I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but an android ain't one. photo-thumb-870094.png?_r=1382663588.

And btw, this speaks for itself.

galaxy-s4-iphone-5-specs-table.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users