Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did you know? That's it's actually effortless to get a tank?

34 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Did you know, that it's actually effortless to get a tank out of Fort Zancudo? You don't have to be level 70 and have 1.5 million in the bank, or get some level 20 to lend you a Cargobob, and attempt to steal one from the Fort.

In fact, did you know, that they actually drive straight out the front gate, and are docile once they leave the base? Giving you a free tank to jack for only one star? I just found this out today when trying to Cargobob a tank out of Fort Zancudo to go after a guy on a tank rampage.

They will only drive out of the base, when you don't have any stars, even a level 3 can get a tank from the base! I had no idea. (O_O')

aTfBoTq.jpg

0pId6Np.jpg

• Vlynor likes this

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the info. Do they drive out on a schedule?

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Cargobobs can pick up tanks? Have to try that! Although, I've yet to see someone going ape sh*t in a tank...

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

you mean the tank is driven out and left there by the military dudes? or you can just drive it out without much hassle? i've only used a tank once and want to go steal one now if it's really that easy xD

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

It's kind of random, but if a tank is driving towards the gate, it has ALWAYS left the base, it's never turned around or anything for me.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

you mean the tank is driven out and left there by the military dudes? or you can just drive it out without much hassle? i've only used a tank once and want to go steal one now if it's really that easy xD

As you can see in the picture, they just drive up to the gate, and leave the base. They'll drive VERY slowly across the bridge, and you can just walk up, and jack the tank from the driver. Sometimes, they actually do get out, and just leave the tank somewhere. There's one particular place INSIDE the base where they routinely park tanks and just get out.

• Plug In Baby81 likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Why the extra question mark in the title Omni? It's hurting my eyes!

OT - good to know.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

It's kind of random, but if a tank is driving towards the gate, it has ALWAYS left the base, it's never turned around or anything for me.

Awesome. I'll have to spend some time up there checking it out. Thanks! :)

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

OT - good to know.

Because the two are separate, it's used for dramatic effect. Did you know? *Long pause* *Next sentence*

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

OT - good to know.

Because the two are separate, it's used for dramatic effect. Did you know? *Long pause* *Next sentence*

Long pauses don't work with single spaces :p

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 29 October 2013 - 02:54 AM.

OT - good to know.

Well, it's been used in the past hundred years of literature, so meh.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

*Day 198* Still no tank approaching gate, Food rations are sparse and morale is low.
  • arziben and briankirkwood1 like this

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

Did you know, that it's actually effortless to get a tank out of Fort Zancudo? You don't have to be level 70 and have 1.5 million in the bank, or get some level 20 to lend you a Cargobob, and attempt to steal one from the Fort.

In fact, did you know, that they actually drive straight out the front gate, and are docile once they leave the base? Giving you a free tank to jack for only one star? I just found this out today when trying to Cargobob a tank out of Fort Zancudo to go after a guy on a tank rampage.

They will only drive out of the base, when you don't have any stars, even a level 3 can get a tank from the base! I had no idea. (O_O')

aTfBoTq.jpg

0pId6Np.jpg

Don't care, I'm balling on a budget yo!

YuoGotOwn3d
  • YuoGotOwn3d

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Where in base is it parked?

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

*Day 198* Still no tank approaching gate, Food rations are sparse and morale is low.

Not sure why, but I read this and laughed.
  • briankirkwood1 likes this

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

Do you know a specific day or time which they come out?

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

HncMm.jpg

What's that supposed to mean?

• Greasepalms likes this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by Canucks555, 29 October 2013 - 03:34 AM.

I've never seen the tank leave the gate in SP, how often, I wonder, does it leave the gate online?

PS: BlackFeather your posts today are useless to the community.

Why do you persist in going off topic?

Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy telling people that you will never meet that they are fa**ots?

Like I said, useless, childish, demeaning and reported.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Do you know a specific day or time which they come out?

I haven't been around the base long enough to know the exact times. But I can tell you, that at certain times of the day, there are no tanks in the base.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by Scumbaggah, 29 October 2013 - 03:39 AM.

I've never seen the tank leave the gate in SP, how often, I wonder, does it leave the gate online?

PS: BlackFeather your posts today are useless to the community.
Why do you persist in going off topic?

http://en.m.wikipedi...tention_seeking

Seriously, I'm pretty sure OP is trolling.. I haven't even seen a tank in there, Only those trucks that are always there.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 29 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Going on a tank rampage just to pad my k/d ratio doesn't appeal to me anymore.  As I am only using the AP Pistol to get the "Way of the Gun" tatted on me, so meh.

Either way, this is useful information for when there is a tank griefer online.  I'll be watching the base closely.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Will check it out, thanks.

rowdyonez
  • rowdyonez

LSPD Detective

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

i see military leaving base if you get 4 stars around the base then call lester to remove em, hide in bush etc. Never a tank though.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

OT - good to know.

Well, it's been used in the past hundred years of literature, so meh.

Not to turn this into a grammar discussion, but I didn't get a pause out of that either. It just looked like bad writing. Not sure what kind of literature you've been reading, but two questions together would never seem like a long pause to me at all. What if the writer was simply trying to ask two questions without the long pause? How would you differentiate? 

Ellipses would work better, imo.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

BTW, if there's a tank griefer in your session and you have a bunch of cars in your garage, just keep going back to your apt and grabbing one. After he destroys three of four of your personal vehicles, he'll probably leave the session, and he'll have some bad sport hits to boot.

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Then you have to drive all the way to the city in a slow ass vehicle. The benefit of owning a tank is being able to call one in for dirt cheap any time you want, whether that be in free roam or missions.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:28 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 29 October 2013 - 04:28 AM.

I am suprised you guys are going on about the second question mark and missing out on the joy that is "That's it's" (that is it is).

I can actually see how the original poster intended the first part of his title to be read. Nobody says "that is it is" however :p

As for actual on topic thread business..... I'm glad you posted, I'll stick my nose out and see if I can grab one next time I'm bored.

Cali-Kid
  • Cali-Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by Cali-Kid, 29 October 2013 - 07:23 AM.

I can confirm this is true but, it rarely happens. My friend was in the base with 5 stars and he got killed, and I was outside the base with a cargo bob that was about to stop flying. A tank rolled out the base and onto the bridge. I chased it down but my bad luck the cargobob's engine blew out and I lost sight of it :/ but I will try to do this, get 4-5 stars, lure a tank over to the gates and then call lester to remove my wanted level see if it works. The tanks always get crowded and blow each other up xD

EDIT: It worked! I got a tank from outside the fort, it just parked there lol, I called lester to clear my wanted level so the tank got stuck in the door or something, so I went around and all of a sudden it was at the other side, the outside and the soldier just got out. You do get a star for getting in the tank, try to lose them because if you clear your wanted level you will get a star again. Lose them and then call. Now to try and glitch it in by myself *rubs hands* wish me luck

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Farming the old super car glitch gave about 400k money per minute. 

.1600k / 400k = 4

It took four minutes of effort to get a tank from Pegasus. 

Kinect420
  • Kinect420

Respectable Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

BTW, if there's a tank griefer in your session and you have a bunch of cars in your garage, just keep going back to your apt and grabbing one. After he destroys three of four of your personal vehicles, he'll probably leave the session, and he'll have some bad sport hits to boot.

You sir are a f*cking moron. I'm sure I've probably run into you with my tank. I bought a tank so people eouldnt mess with me then I get stuck with assholes like you driving into me, good thing I think bad sport servers are more active.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users