Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will YOU be buying cash cards?

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Will YOU be buying cash cards? (315 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be buying cash cards?

1. Yes, but only once (18 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

2. Yes, but rarely (50 votes [15.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

3. Yes, regularly (9 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

4. No (238 votes [75.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Nope, I don't see why I should pay for that.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Fukkem. I payed $60...give me real content of you want more.

ZihgZag
  • ZihgZag

J's and L's

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Why would I when I'm getting 500k for free and the LSC glitch still works just fine?

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by Scumbaggah, 30 October 2013 - 04:48 AM.

No chance since they let all the cheats keep their glitched money. But even if there was no money glitch I still wouldn't, There is simply nothing to buy. I got the best apartment and best super car in like a week, A tank is just troll bait (not really keen on a one way ticket to Dunceville) and they are easy to jack from Zancudo anyway and all the planes, Choppers and boats are available for free. What's the point in buying them then?

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by JOEBEEZ, 30 October 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Flame all you want but I have more respect for those who glitched millions then those who will buy millions off R*.

Coldfire001
  • Coldfire001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Lot of jaded people in here...

I personally, even though I glitched to get what I wanted, will probably buy a cash card just to support R*.
Sure, there's some problems. But overall the online fun I've had was a free addition that I don't mind showing my gratitude for. Even if I quit a month from now it was a fun ride. Although I do see the game going to the crapper as more and more kiddie invincibility trolls figure out how to do it if R* dosnt crack down hard soon.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I personally, even though I glitched to get what I wanted, will probably buy a cash card just to support R*.
Sure, there's some problems. But overall the online fun I've had was a free addition that I don't mind showing my gratitude for. Even if I quit a month from now it was a fun ride. Although I do see the game going to the crapper as more and more kiddie invincibility trolls figure out how to do it if R* dosnt crack down hard soon.

I supported Rockstar by buying their game.

sh*t, I even bought the collector's edition.

But cash cards?  Haha no.

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by niq, 30 October 2013 - 05:21 AM.

No, I won't be purchasing cash cards. They also need to re-raise the pay back to the way it was so that you earn more cash from higher level jobs.

I think Rockstar needs to realize that they aren't balancing the 'economy' by lowering the pay at all. I understand they want to make the exerience of GTA: Online a long term thing. However, people will naturally get bored eventually whether they have a ton of money or none at all.

One of the best things about GTA for me is coming and going. I did the same thing with GTA IV multiplayer. Whenever I got bored, I left for a few months and would get back into it some time later on when I had the urge to play it. I think taking a break with any game and going back to it decreases the burn out rate, plus it's still fun when you do decide to return.

In my opinion, earning money at a snail's pace is only fun for so long. If anything, I will become more frustrated and stop playing because it's taking to long to make money. Furthermore, some of the missions are pretty challenging so to earn a measly grand for completing it is a slap in the face. The full payout should be given regardless of how many times it's done.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

The money is getting to their heads I think.

Out of our pockets, they got $1 billion on release day. That's more than any entertainment product in the history of the world.

Look at your collection of Rockstar games and see how much you've paid to them over the years, it will be in the hundreds.

But I don't want them to be bloated, I want them to release good products. They'll get my micro-transaction money when they fix Online and make it worthy of the Rockstar name, and not a second before that.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Dont get any of the problems people are having. The Simeon and Gerald Missions are just the low rank missions, obviously they payout less.. You just began to explore GTAO, so these missions are just fine at that moment. later on missions payout 9k to 25k, survivals 20k. I had some free time and I made 300k in 2 days, without even bothering with selling cars or pushing it. If you want to buy all,well bad luck then, choices have to be made in life and if you could get it all the legit way, everyone can get everything and where would be the fun in that? Its just stupid glitchers destroyed that whole concept and just ruined the game. It wouldv been cool to have a tank and people wouldbe like wow. Now everyone thinks you glitched. I would have no problem if R* just said f*ck it, the community ruined the game, lets just completely drop it.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

No. I already have everything I want, with $1.6 million left.

Plus, I don't feel I should support Rockstar in any other ways until they repair the broken bad sport system.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Nope, I never pay $$$ for in-game currency.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

I supported Rockstar by buying their game.

sh*t, I even bought the collector's edition.

But cash cards?  Haha no.

Online and V are considered two different games..... you have a collectors edition of V, they gave you Online for free.  V is done for, it is what it forever will be, Online is where they plan on adding to the series......BTW - since my Collectors Edition was given to me as a gift, I got it all for free :-P

with that said, micro transactions such as selling character slots, special vehicles, clothes, ammo, etc is how Online games pay for the servers, and development of  the new content that many of you are already crying for ( like 8 year old girls with sand in their cooters at that.).

Personally I would suggest they look at how Cryptic handles micro transactions for Star Trek Online and Champions Online - and all the other related PWE games as well... for better or worse their Lock boxes saved those games, and that company... STO want from not enough $$ to operate and pay for any development except bug fixes on a monthly sub plan, to revamping much of the game, and adding a  Romulan expansion that was asked for since pre-launch  - all for free - just on what those lock boxes  earned them... selling lottery tickets in the cash store would be akin to the same thing.........  in fact I think I will send them an E-mail suggesting they do just that.

I for one expect I will spend money from time to time, whenever they release something that I think is worth it. I do spend about $40 a year on STO on various things that catch my eye... having a Lifetime sub that nets me most of the paid stuff for free also helps keep that cost down.

Be glad you didn't grow up back in the days where you had to leave your house, go to an arcade, interact with other people within punching distance, and pay $.25 every time you wanted to play a game.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Not at all.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I will be buying the cash cards, but only rarely.  I'm making a decent amount of money and it really wouldn't hurt me if I spent a measly $5 to $10 to get $200,000+ GTA$. 

Why would I buy cash cards when I already glitched millions?

This.

Probably not, considering I have already acquired over eight-million dollars through use of the money-generating method. 

I will buy 1 since I feel guilty about glitching 220 million...

oh wait...I spent some...sorry....its 218.5 now.

Im just joking guys LOL

I would never buy one.

no need, Im simply glitching for a period of about half an hour everytime I logon before I start to really `play` by the time the glitch is patched ill have more money then Ill ever need in this game, so anothe good reason for glitching....rl money saving!

Nope, i have 8 million in the bank so don't need it and if i did need more i would just sell my trusty futo for $108000 a time, simples :)

Why would I when I'm getting 500k for free and the LSC glitch still works just fine?

JokerGTFO.gif

Ah how I'm loving this gif.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:43 AM Edited by teh_g, 30 October 2013 - 08:45 AM.

I would have considered it, but after the fail first month no way in hell.

The playing field is too wide open, Rockstar failed big time.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

I would have considered it, but after the fail first month no way in hell.

The playing field is too wide open, Rockstar failed big time.

That they did, they have to really step up and fix this mess.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

If they deal with and reset the glitchers then I will probably buy one or two cards. I have a good job and don't mind paying a little extra to support them which will in turn continue to support the game, which has potential to be amazing once the issues are ironed out.

If the glitchers get to keep their millions then I won't be buying anything. Why should I have to pay to get what others got for free through cheating.

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Yeah these real to in game cash is useless to me.

The whole part of GTA and now GTA Online is to make money not but money.

And besides, if you go off buying in game money, I think the game would get really boring really quick.

Cause now you got all the money and everything you want so now whats next.?.

The way getting and spending money is almost like real.

I kinda almost dont want the stimulas package from R*.

And, has that been released yet, can anybody tell me.?.

Its been like 4 patches/updates sense that was announced.

keenanandkel984
  • keenanandkel984

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by keenanandkel984, 30 October 2013 - 10:00 AM.

no. i would have bought the cards if they were for cosmetic or other non-competitive purposes, to help support the game. anything that is a step towards "pay 2 win" is something i won't support. then again, i hate "grind 2 win" also and just want to go back to the good old days when it was all about skill  :catloaf:

if i didn't feel that way, i agree with the other posters who say they won't pay unless rockstar punishes glitchers. paying real money just to get a fraction of what someone got for free by abusing a glitch with no consequences, i can't understand it. i don't blame the glitchers, Rockstar let them get away with this. i guess they knew people would be dumb enough to buy the cards regardless.

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

A hacker gave me £40,000 ($70,000) worth of in game chash yesterday, so no - I won't be buying cash cards.

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

As long as we keep buying the money cards, they will add content.
If the sales of those cards is dissapointing, they'll stop with GTA Online

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Definitely won't be buying cash cards.  There's a fundamental flaw in the online functionality of this game, and that is cloud saving, and that is by design.  Basically nothing except for other players around you is 'live' or tracked in real time.  Your stats/garage/inventory are only ever saved when synced with R* servers, so it's always possible to lose progress, and is the reason why R* haven't been able to fix it.

Game is pseudo-online, and definitely not persistent.  I'm not buying Rockstar's stupid cash cards because sooner or later, I'll lose it all.

jeager1999
  • jeager1999

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm planning to get a Buzzard.  How much is it? 1'175'000?  I figure I can make that amount but it's going to take time, even with the Stimulus it may take a while. 

I rather buy a 20$ 16MS Points Card if it means getting far closer to the amount I need to get the sucker.

BTW: The Annihilator cost more than the Buzzard.  Explain that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users