» «
Photo

Oculus Rift HUD Mod

11 replies to this topic
Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by Cylonsurfer, 31 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Hi all

I've started work on a HUD mod so all essential information can be seen in game while using the oculus rift. 

So far things are going well, i've edited HUD.DAT so that the radar,  ammo, gun icon,  help & wanted level are positioned reasonably well and viewable within the rift. However 2 items elude me, the first are the in mission prompts, i.e "collect X from the garage"  type prompts. 

The second and I suspect slightly more difficult is the on screen cell phone which pops up in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  Ideally I would like to move the cell phone so it pops up in the center of the screen. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

Update:

I have the mission text working now and a few other nice additions. 

Does anyone have any info on the ingame phone and how I can reposition it? 

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

so.. you're making GTA IV compatible with the Oculus Rift ?

Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

so.. you're making GTA IV compatible with the Oculus Rift ?

Thats the plan.  Although C06alt and I have still had no luck moving the onscreen phone to a viewable position. 

At the moment i'm thinking it may be easier to raise the arm position in the phone animation in order to make the text on the actual phone viewable in first person... Don't seem to be able to find said animation at the moment which throws a spanner in the works. I've checked cellphone. Wad and others, no joy yet.... 

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by stef538, 05 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

That would be awesome!!, and maybe it's possible by some Native functions. 

Here is a list : http://www.gtamoddin...ative_functions

You need Vb.net for that, but i guess you all ready know that, anyway, you could try this native : 

I think that's the key. to you're problem

Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by Cylonsurfer, 05 November 2013 - 09:48 AM.

You need Vb.net for that, but i guess you all ready know that, anyway, you could try this native : 

Thanks for the post, we have tried that function with no luck at the moment. Looking through the spcellphonemain.sco it appears the default value for this function is:

SET_MOBILE_PHONE_POSITION 3 0

Every other value I have tried so far just makes the phone vanish entirely :(

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:26 AM Edited by stef538, 05 November 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Thanks for the post, we have tried that function with no luck at the moment. Looking through the spcellphonemain.sco it appears the default value for this function is:

Hmm, maybe if you do something like 1 0, it vanishes because it goes to the right of the screen so off-screen, maybe something like 6 3 will work, or 6 0. Or you could edit the .sco file, don't know if that works, never tried. but maybe that's blocking the script

Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by Cylonsurfer, 05 November 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Hmm, maybe if you do something like 1 0, it vanishes because it goes to the right of the screen so off-screen, maybe something like 6 3 will work, or 6 0. Or you could edit the .sco file, don't know if that works, never tried. but maybe that's blocking the script

I have treid editing the .sco file directly. A value of 6.0 results in a CTD, I have not yet tried 6 3 or anything like that, but I have tested a lot of values sub 5 9. From my testing I assume the value does not relate to X Y positioning in any way - for example 4 0 results in a giant phone screen in the right corner which is not fully viewable and qucikly vanishes!

Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Any reason my mods files are not downloadable just yet? I uploaded the mod sometime ago now...

Its called "Oculus Rift Compatible HUD"

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Any reason my mods files are not downloadable just yet? I uploaded the mod sometime ago now...

it is... right here : 

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=25119

Cylonsurfer
  • Cylonsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

it is... right here : 

Whenever I look it says:

No Screenshots Available Yet
Files have been uploaded and will appear online shortly

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hmm, noticed that today to.. Hmm strange...

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

RIP Yeardley Diamond

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

it is... right here : 

Whenever I look it says:

No Screenshots Available Yet
Files have been uploaded and will appear online shortly

gtagarage moderators rarely upload files, maybe try http://www.gta4-mods.com.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users