Photo

Point to tennis?

5 replies to this topic
maples45
  • maples45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Is there a point to tennis other than training strength?

I just wonder since there are so many courts all over the place. Is there a tennis challenge or anything? Can you play for money?

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think the purpose of tennis is to increase your physical ability stats such as stamina and strength.

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

I love playing tennis. I thought it increased Stamina as well but after doing a bit I think it only increases Strength and not too much at that. My only problem is that "Normal" is too easy but "Hard" is still significantly too hard! I'm getting better though and I can tell that once I'm a bit better it's gonna be really fun to play tennis on hard - a true challenge.

The other thing is that you can play tennis online (right?) so I'd imagine at some point there'd be tournaments or some such thing. Hopefully I enjoy it. Still have played barely any golf but I hear it's even better than tennis.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Ctrl + Alt + Defecate

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

It improves stamina only because you're running around the court I think. The strength increase is a certain amount per game in my experience, if you play a full five set match the increase is significant.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 28 October 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Is there a point to tennis other than training strength?

I just wonder since there are so many courts all over the place. Is there a tennis challenge or anything? Can you play for money?

Besides the practical aspect of  increasing physical stats, I think this was one of the immersion features they added to the game.

Look at it as a great way for your char to relax and work off stress outside of missions in SP. Especially since your char can fire a volley at an NPC and not get a wanted level :lol:

If you're playing it online, then it adds to your skill/stats and JP/XP. You might even be able to lvl with it if you keep playing other gamers as well. 

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

It improves stamina only because you're running around the court I think. The strength increase is a certain amount per game in my experience, if you play a full five set match the increase is significant.

Oh really that's cool I've never noticed gaining stamina after playing a set. But the longest game I play is a set. Can anybody give me an approximate idea of how many points of Stamina/Strength you might expect on a full match (6 sets or whatever…maybe it's five)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users