Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long can GTA stick with crime story and world around it?

35 replies to this topic
jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

How long has the general public been fascinated with crime dramas/thrillers? With the scope afforded to GTA via its medium, the sky's the limit.

• Osho likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

For the people who are sick of 'regular' crimes like drugs, guns and money, maybe the next GTA can be about insider trading, tax evasion and other white collar crimes that would be fun in a video game.

That would so damn boring, it's not even funny.
  • ThroatSlasher2 likes this

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by visionist, 08 December 2013 - 10:38 PM.

I wonder if GTA VI would have been like Watch Dogs, only the main dude being a criminal and not a vigilante in GTA VI.

It would/could have been interesting... what's preventing them from doing such game though? :p

I had this idea a while ago, along with an ambitious world-modifier mechanic wherein your actions during free roam change social trends in the game's NPCs.

http://gtaforums.com...hanging-trends/

Predictably, the idea met with little popularity. GTA fans are generally a conservative bunch.

EDIT: I'll just copy & paste it here:

"I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'd like some honest feedback/criticism; at the moment GTA cities are generally static, they do not evolve over the story save for a new radio station occasionally and a slight increase in the length of one bridge in IV. These are physical changes, what I propose is Sociological changes, with your character, and thus you, as the catalyst.

An example: late in the game you are a dominant member of a powerful gang. You are known, respected and feared by the police, your fellow gang members and the public/enemy gangs respectively. NPCs call out to you by your first name on the street. How you act, what you wear, and what you drive, affects trends and fashions in the populace. If you mod your vehicle in a "lowrider" style, you will start to see others do the same, because your actions have affected the style at large. At the point where you are the dominant player in the city, then everything and everyone should defer to you, including the police: you can now get away with crimes you wouldn't dream of committing earlier in the story. You will appear on TV and the radio, a superstar, and the press will report on what you say with the positive/negative reply feature, even putting a spin on it. This will give you the rewarding feeling of being in complete control by the end of the game, not just of assets and properties, but of hearts and minds. "

• WinterEdit likes this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by Lil_B_The Basedgod, 09 December 2013 - 04:57 AM.

I tried reading that bullsh*t that you wrote, but the sentence was poorly written, and the grammar was so bad that I almost went cockeyed...

oh yeah, and @visionist...that example that you gave sounded horrible...being a superstar trendsetter? wtf is that sh*t, it just sounds like a copy/paste of some saints row 3 sh*t. being a celebrity in a crime based game seems tackey as f*ck...I really hope R* don't pull some weak sh*t like that...Forreal...

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

How long has the general public been fascinated with crime dramas/thrillers? With the scope afforded to GTA via its medium, the sky's the limit.

The concept of crime , carjacking, robberies and mindless slaughter somewhat feels a tired one and one I don't disagree with given GTA formula. It’s a fantasy world that gives amazing freedom but the point I request (wish Rockstar) to consider is whether it’s acceptable for them to still design upcoming titles in these same repeated pattern(s) just because they’re popular among most fans.

I say, NO. V is an example. Fans bashing out a lot of changes because of (could be) a slight shift in many elements of GTA that were more or less never seen in the past.

Since, this thread is about the storyline and the world around it (excluding other major/minor changes in V) it's quite clear story they developed for us to experience in a lifestyle different from past GTA is still the same old crap seen many times. But, changes are introduced in the manner they move the game around it and the entire character progression plays out as well.

We need to see some fresh ideas put on the table within GTA world and in any form that for the most of us, find as distinct from reality as possible allowing greater interaction with the subject beyond just crime centered stimulation. An expansion of the concept.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

gangsta gangsta murda Itakeituptheass

You played saintsrow 3?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users