Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long can GTA stick with crime story and world around it?

35 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by Sol86star, 29 October 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Rockstar President Leslie Benzies says the Company has "45 Years Worth of Ideas"

That simply means a lot of Changes are waiting to happen.

Are they planning to take the game further with deeply engaging story and powerful characters
OR
Simply expanding the game world without changing the popular criminal in- game mood?

If Rockstarhad the option to CHANGE GTA that's so cool, so bad, so fun and so much of everything from resisting arrest, watching naked girl or shooting and destruction to Completely different path by bringing more choices, introducing much harder consequences, less crime, more realism of modern world we are living today, etc..

It will face some real hard changes in future esp. when crime or related agenda of the characters to be repeating in every GTA.
Is the time nearing when GTA could adopt something unique or different other than sticking to a crime based freedom to RPG elements with big world customization of every thing and bringing fresh ideas on table for future GTAO and thus killing single player finally for the better or worse! In coming years??

• ShinobiFixer likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I hope they don't turn the future GTA's into massive online sh*ts :sui:

• theGTAking101 and Justicescooby like this

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

"45 years of ideas" for all of their games.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yes 45 years, call it exciting or a joke but even then we need to ask them, Is it going to be all about almighty dollars, drugs, sick and uninspiring graph of character as central idea for all future GTA's or something different??
Storywise or Gameplaywise or in any manner
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think the game needs to adapt to the ever increasing faction of bronies within its fanbase.
  • stepladder likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

It's not really like we're gonna stop having crime anytime soon. As long as there is crime there will be inspiration. Heck, even if there wasn't crime there would be the whole 'what if?' factor. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think the game needs to adapt to the ever increasing faction of bronies within its fanbase.

3919855667_346268_main_answer_3_xlarge.j

• PreciousWall likes this

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

They did say they wanted to make it as real as possible, they should add in another type of strip club, one which would appeal to the furrys

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

They did say they wanted to make it as real as possible, they should add in another type of strip club, one which would appeal to the furrys

Can we move on to some serious suggestions? Strip clubs ain't the future we are talking about

Rockstar still misses a lot in stepping up the standard of GTA. Be it crime or whatever there has to be some sort of change to current game play, story, character portrayal and importantly much meaningful ideas to explore the map. A big map with the same repeated tasks from the past glorified beautifully soon becomes outdated. Quite a few improvements have been there but a significant portion of those are technical while features feel basic and outdated compared to other games with story still missing the bells and whistles for making a good impression overall.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

For the people who are sick of 'regular' crimes like drugs, guns and money, maybe the next GTA can be about insider trading, tax evasion and other white collar crimes that would be fun in a video game.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:33 AM Edited by saintsrow, 29 October 2013 - 07:34 AM.

I wish that they would have started with some of the good ideas in that 45 year bucket for GTAV.  bored.gif   Well, it wasn't that bad, just kind of disjointed and short. 

Lately, GTA games are looking more like Government Conspiracy rather than GTA. Actually, I don't mind govt conspiracy, if it stays at a high level like Mike Toreno and UL Paper and with a big payoff at the end.  I would have expected a big boss mission (bigger than the Humane Labs mission and defintely bigger than the gold heist) to take place at Fort Zancudo, penetrating deep into secret labs and coming out with something more than a jetpack.  :colgate:

... Heck, even if there wasn't crime there would be the whole 'what if?' factor. 

Indeed, the strength of open world GTA games is in their beautiful virtual world design and the world simulator functions that make it so much fun to play in.  They must keep this aspect and improve upon it. 

The story theme does not matter (except to Rockstar, who seem to think of themselves as big-time moviemakers stuck in a videogame company). 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Yes 45 years, call it exciting or a joke but even then we need to ask them, Is it going to be all about almighty dollars, drugs, sick and uninspiring graph of character as central idea for all future GTA's or something different??
Storywise or Gameplaywise or in any manner

You understand R* make games other than GTA, right? Those '45 years' would potentially include new games in the bully, red dead, midnight club and other franchises as well as possible new concepts. Not just GTA.

GTA would remain a crime-based series obviously, that's what it is.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Is the time nearing when GTA could adopt something unique or different other than sticking to a crime based freedom to RPG elements with big world customization of every thing and bringing fresh ideas on table for future GTAO and thus killing single player finally for the better or worse! In coming years??

I feel the less we hype and stop feeding expectations to rockstar we will see steadily improvments follow the game.

It is a perfect simulation of organized crime and I don't think much changes in this respect even in future.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

I don't think it would feel like GTA if it changed.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

We all agree that it should remain based on crime (which it of course will), though if you ask me, I think it'd be interesting to see more choices provided to the character in terms of ethics (ie: do you help the cops kill a mafia boss, therefore getting protection by law enforcement while also having the entire mob descend upon you like a pack of bloodthirsty wolves, or do you kill all the cops, getting the sympathy of the mafia while at the same time becoming target numero uno on every last government hit list), where the decision you make determines what characters live/die, whether they become your best friend or put a hit on you, which missions you get sent on, and ultimately what ending the game has (ie: you come out on top with millions of dollars, or you get left dead in a dumpster by the person you betrayed in the first mission). Maybe like a tiered plot based on your choices. This is something that I thought the game "Heavy Rain" did quite well, and it couldn't be too much of a stretch to think that Rockstar could achieve something along those lines with GTA. Certainly it would also add a lot to the replay value, I would think.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

GTA is a crime game. Stray to far from the crime aspect and you lose all reason to make it part of the GTA franchise. Rockstar took Red Dead (a barely known PS2 cowboy game) and produced a sequel which was incredibly popular, so it's not like they need to write GTA on everything to get it to sell.

Rockstar still misses a lot in stepping up the standard of GTA. Be it crime or whatever there has to be some sort of change to current game play, story, character portrayal and importantly much meaningful ideas to explore the map. A big map with the same repeated tasks from the past glorified beautifully soon becomes outdated. Quite a few improvements have been there but a significant portion of those are technical while features feel basic and outdated compared to other games with story still missing the bells and whistles for making a good impression overall.

Despite mentioning "things" that other games do better, you don't seem to have many actual ideas for what they could change or improve on GTA.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I can't wait for Wasteland 2, the direction for GTA needs to go with more RPG elements.  Like Skyrim and Fallout and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.  I'm actually already playing GTA Online as an RPG in Solo Sessions.  Whenever I jump online the immersion goes away as too many people are playing the game ridiculously.  Whenever I watch Weazel News, they're always running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I like to walk slow and drive around realistically.  

• visionist likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Gta 6 will take 45 years to develop.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 29 October 2013 - 12:19 PM.

I wonder if GTA VI would have been like Watch Dogs, only the main dude being a criminal and not a vigilante in GTA VI.

It would/could have been interesting... what's preventing them from doing such game though? :p

• visionist likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by Tashan, 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Gta 6 will take 45 years to develop.

LOL

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wonder if GTA VI would have been like Watch Dogs, only the main dude being a criminal and not a vigilante in GTA VI.

It would/could have been interesting... what's preventing them from doing such game though? :p

Why would they do a game like that?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Why not?

1) Crimes.

2) Almost-a-new-idea.

3) Interesting idea.

If you don't want it, that's okay. I'd say it would be a fun idea anyhow.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Why not?

1) Crimes.

2) Almost-a-new-idea.

3) Interesting idea.

Watch Dogs is trying something new. To have Rockstar copy those ideas in the next GTA game sounds like a dick move to me. That was my point.

Keep it original. But the whole rise to the top of crime thing in GTA is starting to get old now.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 29 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Why not?

1) Crimes.

2) Almost-a-new-idea.

3) Interesting idea.

Watch Dogs is trying something new. To have Rockstar copy those ideas in the next GTA game sounds like a dick move to me. That was my point.

Keep it original. But the whole rise to the top of crime thing in GTA is starting to get old now.

I understand.

It shouldn't copy WD, but some things from it could be interesting in GTA VI anyway. Such as more uses for smartphones (enable/disable/open/lock cars with it, take a photo of your car's license number and send it to the police, so they can chase after the thief), similar setting (W_D's Chicago looks cool. It could take some inspiration from the city of Watchmen for example, too.)

Also, maybe it should be in the near-future (let's say GTA VI comes in 2018 or so, meaning it'd be set in 2020 or something) like Watch Dogs.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

As long as people keep buying it. 

How long can CoD focus on war? HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING?

WHAT YEAR IS IT? WHO IS THE PRESIDENT? WHERE IS MY UNDERWEAR?

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by Tashan, 29 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

As long as people keep buying it. 

Yes, there many born every release but they are complaining now what next? 
Expectations never scale to this extent for any other game, even COD!
That's what we need here typing away for a bit of new ideas, I decided that it's simply best to keep the concept but improve on it on a big extent.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Its GTA, I just pray for no female protags.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

*bump*

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Rockstar President Leslie Benzies says the Company has "45 Years Worth of Ideas"

That simply means a lot of Changes are waiting to happen.

No... I think that means "Thanks for the suggestions, but we are doing what we want to do... and for the next several games, its all been decided already".

Basically, we have no interest in what the fans want or suggest. 

• Osho likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

When done well, this kind of game will never get old. Problem is (in my opinion), with V they really didn't branch out all that much. Took things away, added different things, but overall still the same approach. Nothing wrong with that; I just think they fell a little flat with the story-telling and stuck to more superficial things. That's just me, though. At this point I'm having more fun with a game that came out six years ago (Eschalon Book 1).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users