IGN reviews - a joke?

1 reply to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's probably not the first time this is mentioned. But seriously, hear me out.

I recently looked at IGN:s Review for ARMA III.

The game got a 7/10. It's not like the score isn't reasonable. It may aswell be reasonable. Because the fact is that the game was released with no campaign. Instead the first part of the campaign is released as a free DLC on October 31. Of course that is going to have an impact on the rating of the game. Furthermore, there is not enough content in the editor compared to ARMA 2, and each weapons does not seem to be as unique as in Arma 2. For instance, most weapons are not as invidualized as before, vehicles does not seem to have correct weight etc. But none of this is mentioned. Instead, the criticism of the game is that it is ''to difficult''. What the heck? That's like claiming that GTA falls short because all you do is to commit crimes or that CoD falls short because it's to unrealistic and fastpaced.

Here is the review if anyone want to take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qULlHZUOvoc

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Michael De Santa , 28 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

It's probably not the first time this is mentioned. But seriously, hear me out.

I recently looked at IGN:s Review for ARMA III.

The game got a 7/10. It's not like the score isn't reasonable. It may aswell be reasonable. Because the fact is that the game was released with no campaign. Instead the first part of the campaign is released as a free DLC on October 31. Of course that is going to have an impact on the rating of the game. Furthermore, there is not enough content in the editor compared to ARMA 2, and each weapons does not seem to be as unique as in Arma 2. For instance, most weapons are not as invidualized as before, vehicles does not seem to have correct weight etc. But none of this is mentioned. Instead, the criticism of the game is that it is ''to difficult''. What the heck? That's like claiming that GTA falls short because all you do is to commit crimes or that CoD falls short because it's to unrealistic and fastpaced.

Here is the review if anyone want to take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qULlHZUOvoc

Their review's are sometimes bad

They rate game 10/10 and then mention them in Top 10 over-rated game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users