Photo

Cowards

57 replies to this topic
JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

There are many of you out there. You like to host races, jobs, etc.. and kick people who join you. I can see doing this if you have a group of friends you are trying to play with, but if there are many slots open and you kick people who join it is because you are afraid of being beat.

Another group of cowards like to lobby jump. You collect a bounty or kill somebody and then immediately leave the session. I guess it is to be expected when trolls are considered cool by their peers these days.

Just had to rant because it gets annoying dealing with such low life dodgy people all the time. If you are this cowardly on a video game I can only imagine how you are in real life.

• singemfrc likes this

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Can't stand the people that immediately kick you 2 seconds after joining a race. Just say "Quit please" and I will gladly do so. I don't want to play with anyone that doesn't want me there. Tired of being kicked before I even have the chance to quit only to get a bad sport warning for something I had no part of.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Cool story. Tell it again.

I would take you serious if you didn't sound like a rant tho. You are complaining because people like to play the way they like.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

the game is filled with cowards. i mean they shoot you in the back when you spawn in the game come on.

• scrublord likes this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yea I don't understand why so many people are afraid to play the game. There have been countless times where I will simply drive close to someone and they quickly pause and leave. Bounties leave the majority of the time anybody tries to pursue them.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

well to get a bounty there prob playing like an idiot anyhow.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 October 2013 - 04:57 PM.

There are many of you out there. You like to host races, jobs, etc.. and kick people who join you. I can see doing this if you have a group of friends you are trying to play with, but if there are many slots open and you kick people who join it is because you are afraid of being beat.

Another group of cowards like to lobby jump. You collect a bounty or kill somebody and then immediately leave the session. I guess it is to be expected when trolls are considered cool by their peers these days.

Just had to rant because it gets annoying dealing with such low life dodgy people all the time. If you are this cowardly on a video game I can only imagine how you are in real life.

I host CLOSED sessions. Makes no difference to me who or why gets in them. If you are not one of the folks I am playing with, you`ll get kicked. Is THAT simple.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

First, even with match making set to closed you will get the occasional rando.

Second, I'm in party chat not game chat (see Battlefield Friends to find out why)

Third, since most people who randomly come up to you try and kill you, pry a safe bet to assume the worst

Lol I even tried to give away full supped cars for a couple hours and not a one person got near me.  Game really needs non-pvp lobbies.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Kulgrim, 28 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

I would take you serious if you didn't sound like a rant tho. You are complaining because people like to play the way they like.

His issue is valid though, being kicked like that still gives badsport points, and it was no fault of your own. Those types of hosts should set the lobby to close, and only open after their friends are in. Kicking people because you failed to correctly setup the lobby is YOUR problem, not mine.

If you are getting randoms in your supposedly closed session, it is not CLOSED. When you host a match from the start menu, for some reason it actually ignores your Lobby settings and makes the lobby open. During the time it takes you to swap over and close it you can indeed get randoms in your lobby. Suck it up and play a round with them, then leave and reform. This time since you will be near the race/activity you wanted, just walk in and it will respect your settings.

• Kracus likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

His issue is valid though, being kicked like that still gives badsport points, and it was no fault of your own. Those types of hosts should set the lobby to close, and only open after their friends are in. Kicking people because you failed to correctly setup the lobby is YOUR problem, not mine.

Kicking from LOBBY doesn`t give bad sport or bad sport points. And the game sometimes matches players inside closed lobbies. 

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

If you intend to play with only your friends thats fine as long as you turn matchmaking off. If you leave it on and allow me to join into the lobby through the quick job selection then you are the one at fault.

Does this really give you bad sport points? If it does then that may explain why I was so suddenly thrown into the bad sport lobby.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I host closed sessions also and people always join when the setting is on closed more than when I have it on open. Even when I am in a closed session when people join I do not kick them. I race and do missions with them and if they lack skill and try to wreck you or ruin the mission THEN I kick them. I will never kick a random person unless they turn out to be a Douche.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

I host closed sessions also and people always join when the setting is on closed more than when I have it on open. Even when I am in a closed session when people join I do not kick them. I race and do missions with them and if they lack skill and try to wreck you or ruin the mission THEN I kick them. I will never kick a random person unless they turn out to be a Douche.

I took this chance once. It was me and one friend doing survivals. The third was kinda strange but we thought nothing of it. Until wave 7 when I saw my friend vanish followed by a message "Player kicked?" from him one minute later via PSN messaging. Thing is, we NEVER had this with "verified" players - not before, not after, over several hours and with more than 2. Could have been a bug, or the game acting up at the worst possible moment, could have been an asshole that knows something I don`t. 

I will not take more chances with unknown players.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by hugh750, 28 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

last night i kept having to deal with a jerk in one session (i know i could have changed sessions), last night i was deliving a car for simeon and i was approaching his garage with a car in perfect condition, and i see a white dot there (i didn't think too much about it beside basically hoping he would behave, he didn't as soon as i got to the garage he shot and killed me and as soon as i died (i saw him take the car i was delivering to simeon and drive away with it), so i got even by sending mercs after him, they did kill him but later he killed me, and after that i got back at him by placing i big bounty on his head and i also voted to kick him, he got killed and later he voted to kick me and he was the one who started it but after a while he ether left or was kicked off. :lol:

yes i know i'm complaining and i may not be remembering it perfectly since i'm in my late 40's and i'm on xbox. :whistle:

i'm sorry if i was off topic.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can't stand the people that immediately kick you 2 seconds after joining a race. Just say "Quit please" and I will gladly do so. I don't want to play with anyone that doesn't want me there. Tired of being kicked before I even have the chance to quit only to get a bad sport warning for something I had no part of.

100% agreed with everything quoted. Now usually before they have the chance the to kick me I leave since I can see the signs when I'm about to be booted.

dt2
  • dt2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Watch out guys we have a bad ass in the room! -_-

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, I have been sitting here trying to host pier to peir for about 15 minutes with nobody joining. Switch it from open to closed and people start piling in. So weird.

I understand peoples hesitation to play with others for fear of hacking, glitching, and trolling but you have to give people a chance or nobody is going to be playing anything. If I take the time to drive to a circle on the map and join a game I should be able to play that game and not have some other random player dictating if I am worthy enough to play with them. There needs to be some serious changes made. Honestly at this point the other players are way worse than any bugs or glitches going on with the game itself. Open up people, play with others. You always have the option to not play with those people anymore, but if you never gave them the chance you are missing out on meeting some other great people and players.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Again, if I am to use a line from some obscure movie: "Bros before hoes". 

My aim is to play with friends. I`d rather play with less players than have randoms that can be anything between Godsend and Full Retard. I tried it once. It didn`t work. Lesson learned.

What I can do is ask for your PSN if you have one. If not, then we`ll never meet and all this is pointless :)

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I have been sitting here trying to host pier to peir for about 15 minutes with nobody joining. Switch it from open to closed and people start piling in. So weird.

I understand peoples hesitation to play with others for fear of hacking, glitching, and trolling but you have to give people a chance or nobody is going to be playing anything. If I take the time to drive to a circle on the map and join a game I should be able to play that game and not have some other random player dictating if I am worthy enough to play with them. There needs to be some serious changes made. Honestly at this point the other players are way worse than any bugs or glitches going on with the game itself. Open up people, play with others. You always have the option to not play with those people anymore, but if you never gave them the chance you are missing out on meeting some other great people and players.

i've hosted some game's (i've got it set as open session) and 50% of the tim no one joins).

so i know how it feels but i have joined open session games and had fun and played fairly (in races i never intentionally spun anyone out or crashed them).

Prohibit
  • Prohibit

Lowered Customs

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by Prohibit, 28 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

well to get a bounty there prob playing like an idiot anyhow.

You can get a bounty for stealing a car from a NPC. I don't know about you, but I need to steal a car every now and then. 

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm on 360. gamertag is JohnTaper

I agree with what you are saying and it is not your fault that random people join what is supposed to be a closed session. This is yet another technical problem that plagues this game. If you want to host a closed race that is fine. My bigger point is I should never be able to join your closed session to be kicked in the first place. This is a serious problem along with being put in different lobbies than your friends upon returning to freemode after a mission/race. It is all flawed.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

It's true that the CLOSED setting doesn't work properly. But it's also true that some Hosts kick because they want to win.

Numerous times I've been kicked from a lobby full of low level players where the host is high enough to have a supercar and he thinks nobody else probably does. He puts it on custom and when a high level player joins he kicks them.

Happens all the time.

• JohnTaper likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

its also annoying when your winning in a race and your the only other player in it and the host quits the race, so no cash for the winner. :/

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I am guilty of kicking ppl in races, but it's not my fault R* let's ppl join my game when me and friends/crew are doing our thing and the lobby is supposed to be closed. It's nothing personal. But if being kicked really bothers you so much, perhaps you should just host?

As for bounties, if they're under 5K I'll drive around in an expensive car so you can sticky it and lose more than what the bounty is worth. If it's 9K I'll bring out my tank. Come at me bro? 

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I am guilty of kicking ppl in races, but it's not my fault R* let's ppl join my game when me and friends/crew are doing our thing and the lobby is supposed to be closed. It's nothing personal. But if being kicked really bothers you so much, perhaps you should just host?

As for bounties, if they're under 5K I'll drive around in an expensive car so you can sticky it and lose more than what the bounty is worth. If it's 9K I'll bring out my tank. Come at me bro? 

You're right, it's R* fault, but that doesn't make you any less of an asshole.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's true that the CLOSED setting doesn't work properly. But it's also true that some Hosts kick because they want to win.

Numerous times I've been kicked from a lobby full of low level players where the host is high enough to have a supercar and he thinks nobody else probably does. He puts it on custom and when a high level player joins he kicks them.

Happens all the time.

It happens ALL THE TIME! I know there are people wanting to play with their friends but there are those like mentioned above who are farming wins by beating low level people without the upgrades. I guess you can't blame people for doing this. I'm just not the type of person to exploit others to gain for myself. But if you are a low level person I would hope you have the common sense to not stay in a lobby where the same person is winning over and over again.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Oh look, this thread again.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I've still yet to be kicked or even see anyone get kicked. So there must be a reason behind you being kicked. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I agree.

The worst players are not spawn-killers... not "Bad Sports"... not even the ones who ram you in Races.

It is the people who decide to kick you in lobbies. Although I don't think it gives Bad Sport (wouldn't be surprised if it did though), it's still extremely annoying to join a game with close to full lobby, then notice that you're kicked from there because of a scumbag host.

Lobbies should have a vote-kick system, which would prevent a dictator host from kicking everyone he wants. This way you'd have a heads-up before you're kicked. It should have over half of the lobby to vote for kick, and if there were only you and the host, the host could kick then on his/her own.

Also... one more suggestion. I want mute option in the Job lobbies... if it's there already, it's pretty well hidden.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by JohnTaper, 28 October 2013 - 05:57 PM.

I've still yet to be kicked or even see anyone get kicked. So there must be a reason behind you being kicked. 

From People I have never seen or met before online? The only possible reason would be they are trying to host a closed session which isn't working properly or they see a moderately high level person come into their lobby and are afraid of a challenge or possibility of losing. Pretty simple.

And DeForest your contribution to this thread is stellar. I don't know if it would survive without your excellent thought provoking insight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users