Quantcast

» «
Photo

How the f*ck do you raise shooting skill?

27 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just spent the last half an hour gunning down cops and SWAT team members with 5 stars and headshots for most of them. 

Took forever, killed a bunch of people, yet my bar moved like...5%, if that.

What's the quickest way to raise your shooting skill? Also, how does it help on free-aim servers?

P.S. I got away, by the way. If anyone knows that big construction site where there is a mission you do online and there's also a gang territory there, I will on the top floor there. The police rarely came from behind me (the only way in), and when the did, I finally just took cover on the pillars until my stars went away. That place and the tunnels where you make a heist escape in SP are my two go-to getaway spots.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Use the gun range missions at certain ammo shops.

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by FeaRx, 28 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Quickest way? Survival. You'll have it maxed in no time.

How it helps? It lessens your recoil and reload time, while increasing your accuracy and ammo capacity.

• _d3xt3r_ likes this

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by serimos6, 28 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I'm going to just state the complete obvious here; deathmatches. If you get 1st in many deathmatches your shooting skill sky-rockets. It took me around 2 days to get my shooting from sprayer to dead-eye. 

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Just shoot everything that moves all the time, worked for me and a my crew.  (in missions where you don't get stars is the best)

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Quickest way? Survival. You'll have it maxed in no time.

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Try getting head shots.... That's how my shooting skill is max.

Imaginev6
  • Imaginev6

Street life

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm having the same problem aswell. I heard shooting ranges can help but I heard survival is really good for it. Not sure about deathmatches though

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Just keep doing missions. It goes up pretty quick. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Survival missions.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Should I kinda cheat and switch to auto-aim when I do survival? Also, I can never find three others who:

1. Don't quit before we're done.

2. Can help cover my back while I cover theirs.

DoubleDownDon
  • DoubleDownDon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Shooting

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm going to just state the complete obvious here; deathmatches. If you get 1st in many deathmatches your shooting skill sky-rockets. It took me around 2 days to get my shooting from sprayer to dead-eye. 

Any idea how many games you played? I mean, I can kill a lot more people (cops) up high with 5 stars than I can in TDM, simply because of sheer numbers.

solidriver
  • solidriver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Survival,

Boneyard,

Survive 10 waves.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Shoot people in the face.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Survival,

Boneyard,

Survive 10 waves.

Any tips? The surviving part is my problem, LOL. Especially since people every-man-for-himself that sh*t.

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by FeaRx, 28 October 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Survival,

Boneyard,

Survive 10 waves.

Any tips? The surviving part is my problem, LOL. Especially since people every-man-for-himself that sh*t.

Get behind that small hut/mobile unit to the left of the barn -- use that for cover. That's the easiest spot on Boneyard and you can even do it solo using that spot. Just make sure you always keep an eye on the radar. Stickies/nades help with the vehicles so you can worry about the other enemies, but aren't completely necessary. 

SugarTxomo
  • SugarTxomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Why are you worried about it if you sure are just auto-aiming?

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Survival,
Boneyard,
Survive 10 waves.

Get behind that small hut/mobile unit to the left of the barn -- use that for cover. That's the easiest spot on Boneyard and you can even do it solo using that spot. Just make sure you always keep an eye on the radar. Stickies/nades help with the vehicles so you can worry about the other enemies, but aren't completely necessary.

Praise The Lord and Pass The Ammunition!!!!!

I learned this from watching another player do it. Once you get your hands on a LMG, it goes by way faster IMHO.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Any idea how many games you played? I mean, I can kill a lot more people (cops) up high with 5 stars than I can in TDM, simply because of sheer numbers.

For deathmatch i have 39 wins and 5 losses so, around 25 or so wins i would say. 

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

minigun in gun range, got 80% in less then 30mins

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Survival,

Boneyard,

Survive 10 waves.

Sugar, I'm on free-aim. And thanks, this tip helped A LOT! With only two people, I just made it to wave 8 my first try. Where should the other 1-2 people be positioned for best results? Also, is there a nearby location to get pistols? I find that I do best with pistols on free-aim. I can 1-2 shot kill almost every guy.

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Survival,

Boneyard,

Survive 10 waves.

Sugar, I'm on free-aim. And thanks, this tip helped A LOT! With only two people, I just made it to wave 8 my first try. Where should the other 1-2 people be positioned for best results? Also, is there a nearby location to get pistols? I find that I do best with pistols on free-aim. I can 1-2 shot kill almost every guy.

You can have another person behind the hut with you, each of you watching a side. The other guy could go either in the barn (or behind it, keeping an eye out for heli's or vehicles) or over near the broken down bus. As for the pistols, I can't remember the spawns off the top of my head so I'm not too sure about that.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

That place is awesome on Boneyard! Second try, EASILY did all 10 waves by myself. Barely got shot at all the entire time. And this was on free-aim, which is obviously much harder. Here's what I found:

1. Go solo so that you can get more RP and raise your shooting skill more.

2. Go to that spot behind the hut.

3. STAY ON THE LEFT SIDE! If you go to the right side, dudes can and will go to the side and shoot you from the left. If you stay on the left side, they won't come from the right. Also, there's less cover on the left side, so they'll run to the other side of the road, which is open season for you.

4. Save the helicopters for last. First off, they're rarely in good position to shoot you. Secondly, you want to kill the immediate threats first.

5. Repeat 10 times.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

This is like the easiest stat to increase can't believe this is actually being discussed. Honestly had this before I had driving maxed out. 

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just spent the last half an hour gunning down cops and SWAT team members with 5 stars and headshots for most of them. 

Took forever, killed a bunch of people, yet my bar moved like...5%, if that.

What's the quickest way to raise your shooting skill? Also, how does it help on free-aim servers?

P.S. I got away, by the way. If anyone knows that big construction site where there is a mission you do online and there's also a gang territory there, I will on the top floor there. The police rarely came from behind me (the only way in), and when the did, I finally just took cover on the pillars until my stars went away. That place and the tunnels where you make a heist escape in SP are my two go-to getaway spots.

Keep shooting.

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Headshots on survival

theguyontheleft
  • theguyontheleft

Litter Bugs Me

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:18 PM