Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone Here Live In The Real Los Angeles?

17 replies to this topic
bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

if so, does it trip you out to drive through the real LA and then come home and drive around in the virtual los angeles? does knowing your way around the real city help a bit while navigating los santos?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I live in Finland. Close enough I suppose.

Yes, yes, it is quite helpful in order to navigate in Los Santos.

James_Rogers
  • James_Rogers

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I live in Balla territory IRL

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I live closer to sandy shores lol. If in fact it's Palm Springs or San Bernardino.

itsjdmyotony
  • itsjdmyotony

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

it does not as street signs are different and freeways arent accurate.  Still impressive but not accurate.  But some locations/area's are close to accurate like the Santa Monica Pier and parts of PCH(Pacific Coast Highway).

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

owlbcnu
  • owlbcnu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

I used to live by Vince beach. It's much bigger in the real world. Although the outdoor gym and basketball courts are accurate.

Walk of fame is cool too. Wish they had more weirdos and people in costumes on the sidewalk though.

Seloe
  • Seloe

CreW LeAdEr

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

if so, does it trip you out to drive through the real LA and then come home and drive around in the virtual los angeles? does knowing your way around the real city help a bit while navigating los santos?

Loads of scenery missing from game...Vinewood seems to be the most accurate by far..The game depicts it very well though

cjmahoney
  • cjmahoney

OG Baller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Everything is a smaller version, but it's still trippy. I just wish they didn't go straight from Venice Beach to LAX. There's a wealth of beach cities between those two. But Vinewood is scary realistic.

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

it does not as street signs are different and freeways arent accurate.  Still impressive but not accurate.  But some locations/area's are close to accurate like the Santa Monica Pier and parts of PCH(Pacific Coast Highway).

is it a trip though to drive through it?

i'd love to drive around in a virtual recreation of my city

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

bump

EGarrett
  • EGarrett

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by EGarrett, 28 October 2013 - 05:40 PM.

I lived in the Los Angeles area for awhile and the NY/NJ area so I've been around multiple real-life versions of GTA's fictional cities. The layout of the cities is different so it's not like you can follow the same directions, but some things they reproduce so closely that it's pretty shocking when you run across it for the first time in the game. Like for example, between my apartment and the Los Santos Customs in the upper-central part of Los Santos, there's a mall you have to drive through, it's an almost PERFECT recreation of a similar mall in L.A. that I've been past multiple times. Likewise, there's a place in L.A. where I've been out to eat a couple times that is reproduced in uncanny fashion in the game. It's the one with the multiple escalators straight off the street. In real-life I think it's next to an El Pollo Loco. The same is true in Liberty City and Alderney. You will get the weird feeling of familiarity very often in the game. I also used to work at a building off of the Military Park complex in Newark and the same building is recreated in GTA IV.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I am really interested in this, I went on Street View of the houses in the hills and was blown away by the detail. 

It's not exact obviously, but there were many cool similarities!

Have a look for yourself, I studied the two maps (Los Santos and Los Angeles) for hours :p

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lol no. Los santos lacks the large amount of "filler streets", as far as individual landmarks and their cardinal positions, their fairly accurate for a video game.

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

It's pretty dead on as far as the "bespoke" feel for each area and the unique details, they definitely nailed it!

The super freaky moment for me was In "little korea" where the ammunation store is (off the corner of Western and Wilshire in real LA) they recreated the strip mall where my favorite korean bbq restaurant is :blink: ... But as far as it being a exact scale recreation of LA, No...LA Noire came MUCH closer in regards to street layout, but I still think they did a fantastic job with the overall feel of the city! :)

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

I used to live on venice blvd about 5 miles from the beach. Used to take strolls to the pier all the time, lots of hot foreign girls walk around, also I ran into a red carpet event where I met Akon, and saw a whole bunch of of other stars.. Maroon 5 is the creepiest band under 5 feet.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

It is based loosely off southern california, I look at this as an island off the coast of california that serves as import/export of goods.  I really wish they didn't make it an island though, it kills the whole southern california feel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users