Photo

What's keeping you in the game

37 replies to this topic
Bloodlustkanibal
  • Bloodlustkanibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Im wondering what's keeping you guys from quiting the game.

For me:

The autoaim ruined about 90% of the content. But Racing is really what's keeping me in.  And maybe the foolish hope that they remove autoaim or at least allow to disable it in Mission and Deathmatch

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Friends

• smil0 likes this

BengeyBoy
  • BengeyBoy

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

customizing cars, just spend hours and so much money creating a car, just to sell it and try something else. I guess if we could have multiple garages i wouldn't need to sell them!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Enjoyment.

• scrublord likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

1) Roaming the expansive environment in the knowledge that random things can genuinely happen with up to 15 other humans playing.

2) The truly great potential this game has. It requires a mass alteration to the core mechanics but potentially, the best game ever.

• teh_g likes this

Bloodlustkanibal
  • Bloodlustkanibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

2) The truly great potential this game has. It requires a mass alteration to the core mechanics but potentially, the best game ever.

Yea, I like that point and im sure a lot of people gonna agree. Hopefully They do patch some stuff and not just focus on DLCs.and $

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Nothing with the recent release of some top titles. I haven't played GTA V/Online in 5 days.

• DwnShft2Xcelr8 likes this

MrSuave
  • MrSuave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm a level 55 and I'd say I've exhausted about 65% of the game as-is. The missions and tasks are starting to feel slightly repetitive, but I could last another couple weeks without an update.

What keeps me going are my goals:

Leveling up to acquire specific weapon and clothing unlocks, the long list of award achievements, and creating the perfect garage.

I play without any "glitching" and so it does take a while to save up for a car, unlock a new weapon, etc.

1) Roaming the expansive environment in the knowledge that random things can genuinely happen with up to 15 other humans playing.

Also, this ^

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

The whole game is keeping me playing :panic:

• dOn DaDa ShOttA likes this

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

For me:

The autoaim ruined about 90% of the content. But Racing is really what's keeping me in.  And maybe the foolish hope that they remove autoaim or at least allow to disable it in Mission and Deathmatch

You do realize you can choose free aim, right?

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Doing stupid sh*t with friends.
  • who-dat likes this

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm a level 55 and I'd say I've exhausted about 65% of the game as-is. The missions and tasks are starting to feel slightly repetitive, but I could last another couple weeks without an update.

What keeps me going are my goals:

Leveling up to acquire specific weapon and clothing unlocks, the long list of award achievements, and creating the perfect garage.

I play without any "glitching" and so it does take a while to save up for a car, unlock a new weapon, etc.

Also, this ^

Spot on, I'm lvl 57 and in the process of fine tuning everything to how I want it. I have the 10 cars I want with the right visual mods, but now I'm in the process of upgrading them all performance wise (engine, turbo etc) and eventually I'll look to add BP tires and amour on all of them all.

Similar story with guns and clothes, I know what I want and now just working towards unlocking it.

As I haven't glitched or grinded I'll be kept occupied until the content creator and heists come out to spice things up

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Customizing cars and freeroam. Nothing else attracts me currently.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 28 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

What's keeping me in the game?

Well, I like the Races. Even though 99% of them aren't clean, it's still fun. It's not that big deal if someone rams me in there, and it indeed isn't a reason for me to quit Races overall. Clean Races would be fun though...

Secondly, open world + GTA + people = nice mix. Even though there is a dreaded system the legends call by the name of "Bad Sport", it is not a reason to quit GTA: Online either.

Thirdly, I don't really have games with the same amount of stuff to do in-game as GTA: Online. Sure, I could play games like Skyrim but that's not similar since it's not Multiplayer. Any GTA singleplayer is good however, but I like Multiplayer games when the game is not story-centered. Single-player is in most cases better in story-centered games.

Fourthly, I'm just killing time until games like Watch Dogs/inFamous: Second Son/Dying Light/basically all the games of 2014 are released. Then I'll  be able to get other games to be "disappointed" about. :)

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

How about, now please try follow me here this can be tricky, but how about you.. TURN OFF AUTO AIM?!? No way it works!

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Friends and Crew.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Trophies. I can't stand GTAO so the second I get all the multiplayer trophies I'm going back to singleplayer.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

For me:

Cars, friends, killing, auto-aim.

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

The buzzard attack chopper and setting sticky bomb traps to anyone who tries to follow me

Bloodlustkanibal
  • Bloodlustkanibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

How about, now please try follow me here this can be tricky, but how about you.. TURN OFF AUTO AIM?!? No way it works!

Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I dont mind turning auto aim off. But each time u try to hit someone with ur car he's still gonna insta gib you before you touch him.

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I dont mind turning auto aim off. But each time u try to hit someone with ur car he's still gonna insta gib you before you touch him.

Nope, because once you turn off auto-aim, you only join free aim servers. Autoaim and free aim are separated in this game.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

that's why you should turn it off

if you set it to free aim (in the SP options) you will only play against other free aim players

the whole game changes (not just shootouts, the whole atmosphere is different in free aim servers)

free aimers truly are the master race XD

• Slacca likes this

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

The awesomeness.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Obsessed with ranking up and getting rich.

One of my favorite things is to go into an invite only session and jack cars until I get a nice bounty.  Then I go into a public session, get a minigun from a survival, find a perch in free roam, and decimate anybody who tries to claim my bounty.  The real fun in that though?  It's when somebody actually finds a way to kill me (usually by accident).  It's a hell of a lot of fun especially when the hunters are smart.

Oh, but I also like hunting the bounty hunters.  Very satisfying to pick off people who are waiting around for a bounty to leave his/her apartment.

And other things.  Last night, some asshole sniped me but didn't kill me.  He was on the highway.  I was in my 9F going full speed.  I had no bounty.  He cleaned out all my armor and half my health.  So I got a buzzard and harrassed him.  Eventually he set up on an overpass with cover.  So I called in mercs and they flushed him out.  While he was distracted, I scoped him and got a refund from Merryweather.  It was f*cking awesome.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

also freeaim vs auto aim might not be such a disadvantage as you think

I was in autoaim servers when I was a bad sport (since free aim bad sport is a desolate place)

and I could own people by free-aiming while they couldn't even lock onto me due to lock on distance or obstructions

only real disadvantage is when you're in a car

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

My character, leveling up(unlocking items) the open world, customization and upcoming DLC.

Off Topic: Auto aim/Traditional isn't as bad as people make it out to be imo. 

EASTC0AST_GH05T
  • EASTC0AST_GH05T

Disallow Nation

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Nothing haven't played in over a week just waiting to pick up my paid off PS4

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by KiTTYReCkless, 28 October 2013 - 04:29 PM.

I finally bought a tank so I've been having a ton of fun with it. I once was a  passivist, now I have become death the bringer of destruction.  C:<

I'm also blowing up about one more car away from being a bad sport. D:

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

ruining gameplay for others online

• Khaos89 likes this

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

My character, leveling up(unlocking items) the open world, customization and upcoming DLC.

Off Topic: Auto aim/Traditional isn't as bad as people make it out to be imo. 

This.  The only races i do like are the planes, going for the first check point can be very fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users