» «
Photo

R* made a terrible decision

56 replies to this topic
adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by adoreonerr, 28 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

GTA online is not your typical multiplayer portion of a game. R*'s goal is to create a GTA MMO hence the character progression.

lol few things..
gtao is NOT an mmo..(please google the meaning of mmo)
character progression?? niggahpleaz there is virtualy no difference in weapons after you unlock the sniper and AK, no skill points of any kind, stupid skills that do almost nothing and you can max out in a matter of hours..

Edit: have you actually played gtao?
  • Vaymasters likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

First mistake was trusting a console company to make a MMO-esque game in the first place. Anyone remember that FF game?

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

GTA online is not your typical multiplayer portion of a game. R*'s goal is to create a GTA MMO hence the character progression.

lol few things..
character progression?? niggahpleaz there is virtualy no difference in weapons after you unlock the sniper and AK, no skill points of any kind, stupid skills that do almost nothing and you can max out in a matter of hours..

multi massive online 

sounds like gta o too mee

its multi players, its quite massive and its online

i understand that you are on an age where you want to seem all cool, but he said mmo , not mmo rpg ;)

furaii
  • furaii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

FULLY dissagree with OP. I have not glitched / cheated / bought cash cards in any way and feel no need to what so ever. The game feels like it is intended to, it feels like an mmo, and sure that feels grindy at times but it just makes the rewards soooooo much better. You SHOULD have to spend hours in game to earn enough money for the most expensive car in game, and you SHOULD see a rank 50 or 60 and respect them for the time they have invested.

Unfortunatly, with all the glitches atm, this whole thing is destroyed. Now when you see someone with an adder who is rank 100 or whatever you think ah bloody glitchers, which they likely are. It annoys me so much that rockstar didnt beta test their online when they KNEW how much of a step up it was for them. Almost every problem with online could have been avoided if they said the first few weeks / month were beta and all characters after that time will be reset, throw in the $500k they are giving everyone and say it was a reward for the beta participation and there would be very little complaints. How things are at the moment are just a mess, gta online imo is ruined by all the cheaters and glitchers and it will fix itself but it will take a VERY long time AFTER they even fix all the glitches that people are abusing to gain sh*t tonnes of money / RP.

I just hope rockstar learn from this dissaster for the (very likely) next gen release of the game.

• Vaymasters likes this

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by MysticJon, 28 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Basically R* has attempted to create a game where leveling and money gaining are tedious and slow...

Stopped reading after this. The money and RP rewards for doing jobs, especially with friends, is excellent. There really is no grinding in this game as some people would have you believe. You level up and accumulate money at a fair and steady pace. Its slower than most online games sure, but not bad at all.

FULLY dissagree with OP. I have not glitched / cheated / bought cash cards in any way and feel no need to what so ever. The game feels like it is intended to, it feels like an mmo, and sure that feels grindy at times but it just makes the rewards soooooo much better. You SHOULD have to spend hours in game to earn enough money for the most expensive car in game, and you SHOULD see a rank 50 or 60 and respect them for the time they have invested.

Unfortunatly, with all the glitches atm, this whole thing is destroyed. Now when you see someone with an adder who is rank 100 or whatever you think ah bloody glitchers, which they likely are. It annoys me so much that rockstar didnt beta test their online when they KNEW how much of a step up it was for them. Almost every problem with online could have been avoided if they said the first few weeks / month were beta and all characters after that time will be reset, throw in the $500k they are giving everyone and say it was a reward for the beta participation and there would be very little complaints. How things are at the moment are just a mess, gta online imo is ruined by all the cheaters and glitchers and it will fix itself but it will take a VERY long time AFTER they even fix all the glitches that people are abusing to gain sh*t tonnes of money / RP.

Agreed, 100%.

• Vaymasters likes this

furaii
  • furaii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

lol few things..

Edit: have you actually played gtao?

Umm GTA online IS an mmo, yea its lacking the 100's of people but thats the hardware limitation's fault. It is clear to anyone who knows what an mmo is that rockstar has created gtaonline to have an mmo feel, and in time, it likely will become an MMO. Being a smart ass and saying its not an mmo and google mmo so you know what it is, is frankly pathetic. The smart thing here is to realise the potential of online and see that it is in fact a baby mmo, that will likely implode to being one of the best online games when it makes the jump to next gen / PC.

ElderTyrant
  • ElderTyrant

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I just hope rockstar learn from this dissaster for the (very likely) next gen release of the game.

Not to rain on the parade, but they told everyone the first couple weeks of GTAO would be rocky and apologized ahead of time for any issues.
Knowing that there were going to be possible issues, people kept playing and flooding their servers with log in attempts.
& if you didn't know/hear/see that statement from Rockstar Games, it's your own fault for not staying informed.
Considering you're all on a forum, on the Internet...

As far as the cheaters go, just be glad this isn't RDR.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

R*'s intent is not to try and force people to buy cash cards.  It's not hard to make money in this game at all.  The way I'm playing now, I don't even care about how much $$ a job pays as I'm more concerned with how much RP I will get so I can unlock everything.  I have played legit BTW

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

The LSC glitch is the best thing that could have happened to GTAO, in terms of its longevity.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

good i hope all the adhd kids leave the game and serious players are all thats on there

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

This game has everything I expected. My only problems are the 10-car limit and having air-balance happen automatically (causes the car to roll anytime you hit a bump while turning - need a button (brake) to initiate in-air balance control).

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Basically R* has attempted to create a game where leveling and money gaining are tedious and slow. Obviously this is in hopes that people would buy cash cards to help them along.

Less money gained = harder to complete missions etc etc = longer to get items = buy cash cards to speed up the process

The problem here is that by creating an atmosphere of slow, R* has alienated their potential customers. Be honest, how many of you would have played and at one point paid a buck for 100k in game? Perhaps you were feeling lazy and just needed some quick cash, maybe as a way to support R* or maybe just to get a new character up and running? I would have.

Now though R* has essentially pissed off their player base by not only lowering mission pay to worthless, but by the message that sends, which is "we want money regardless if the game is quality or not" and that is the wrong way to think.

Think about it.

A good example is the fact that we can not steal any car we want and keep that car. In a game whose title is Grand Theft Auto...

The mere fact is, had R* simply made the game more like the SP side, (where are the random events even?) then players would have bought a cash card for one reason or another. However, I for one will not buy a cash card because of how R* has decided to practice business and I hope that others feel the same. The sooner we get companies to understand quality first, the better.

What do you all think?

You´re just mad because you failed "matching" Aerith with that Red XIII thing. Pervert! XD

On a serious note, I don´t agree. I haven´t grinded (but I´ve raced A LOT, and racing rewards are too high) and I´m around level 50. I like going slowly through levels and having to make efforts to buy expensive stuff. It expands the game life-span.

Expecting to have a sh*tload of money and high level soon is not smart.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

cash card whats that?
100k $ GTA5 money you can buy from the psn store with real money?

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

cash card whats that?
100k $ GTA5 money you can buy from the psn store with real money?

Nice to see you here. Love the sf4 vids.
You can buy cash cards ( like you would buy a costume pack ) which give you ingame money if you're too lazy to play the game.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Basically R* has attempted to create a game where leveling and money gaining are tedious and slow. Obviously this is in hopes that people would buy cash cards to help them along.

Less money gained = harder to complete missions etc etc = longer to get items = buy cash cards to speed up the process

The problem here is that by creating an atmosphere of slow, R* has alienated their potential customers. Be honest, how many of you would have played and at one point paid a buck for 100k in game? Perhaps you were feeling lazy and just needed some quick cash, maybe as a way to support R* or maybe just to get a new character up and running? I would have.

Now though R* has essentially pissed off their player base by not only lowering mission pay to worthless, but by the message that sends, which is "we want money regardless if the game is quality or not" and that is the wrong way to think.

Think about it.

A good example is the fact that we can not steal any car we want and keep that car. In a game whose title is Grand Theft Auto...

The mere fact is, had R* simply made the game more like the SP side, (where are the random events even?) then players would have bought a cash card for one reason or another. However, I for one will not buy a cash card because of how R* has decided to practice business and I hope that others feel the same. The sooner we get companies to understand quality first, the better.

What do you all think?

I think that depends on player choices, to be honest. 

I haven`t paid a dime on my cars (all 10), past the 21k for one because I lost patience for it to spawn. 335k for the apartment I wanted was really not a problem and weapons I get for free from missions / survivals.

I don`t give a dime on super cars or whatever "cool" goes for GTA:O these days, so the millions money sink that the supers are supposed to be won`t work here. I will buy me a Buzzard sometime in the future, but it is a distant future. Or not so distant if I decide to farm me some races.

tl;dr: Expensive only if you want ALL the expensive stuff in the game, which is pointless for NOW. Given enough time, regardless of pay, you will have enough money to buy everything.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Online is nothing more than a beta, and we simply paid them to be the testers.

seeing as online is free, you didn't pay for anything but free access to said beta. They should have names it gtao beta, I can only assume this isn't the finished product.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I have plenty of mates who have left the game because they have the apartment, got the cars they like (all legit) and the missions are too repetitive. They feel the game has been pretty much completed so it works the other way.

Fewer payouts from the start and they might still be playing to get the apartment etc.

The real issue is the limited missions. How they thought that 3-4 per 3 of the guys worth phoning was enough is laughable.

dude there's 128 missions or something

dno if that includes LTS but that's still a lot

it's not R*'s fault people only want to play the quick missions with a high payout

and that literally no1 wants to play any of the competitive missions EVER.

there's plenty of stuff to do and if you get a bit further it gets more interesting as well.

anyway, on topic, cash card scam sucks, I will never buy them out of principle

that being said, I have fun on the game and not too much trouble aquiring money to buy the things I need

sure there's things I want but can't afford (supercars and such)

but once you get the appartment and a nice car or 2 you can just continue to have fun and all you really need to buy is ammo, armor and the occasional weapon while slowly saving up for the bigger things

I like it

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

the instanced missions, long ass wait times and the fact none of the missions seem to have been created from the ground up for this mode will kill online.

It has no real vibe or continuity , there should be more "random" activities you can do as a crew instead of always having to lauch a game state and wait around in a lobby

The world doesnt feel dynamic

DoubleDownDon
  • DoubleDownDon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Stop complaining, learn to drive and win some races then you will start earning some serious cash!

Great.

A mission focused MMO where missions were the epicentre of the game, the main selling point championed by R* and the only way to get ahead in the game is to do races, not missions.

Good job Rockstar.  :catspider:

You forgot rockstar counts races as missions thats how we got over 500 "missions"

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

There's about enough text in here to make a mini-novel

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Getting money slowly and earning experiences gradually is what makes the fun last for so much longer. If you don't enjoy the slow grind to higher levels and better equipment, obviously online games like this just aren't for you.

As for the cash cards, I think Rockstar should have just sold special clothing or paint jobs to people who pay extra money, this way it doesn't imbalance the gameplay and ruin the game for people who prefer to slowly gain money in the game.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by Timpey, 28 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

I have plenty of mates who have left the game because they have the apartment, got the cars they like (all legit) and the missions are too repetitive. They feel the game has been pretty much completed so it works the other way.

Fewer payouts from the start and they might still be playing to get the apartment etc.

The real issue is the limited missions. How they thought that 3-4 per 3 of the guys worth phoning was enough is laughable.

dude there's 128 missions or something

dno if that includes LTS but that's still a lot

it's not R*'s fault people only want to play the quick missions with a high payout

and that literally no1 wants to play any of the competitive missions EVER.

there's plenty of stuff to do and if you get a bit further it gets more interesting as well.

anyway, on topic, cash card scam sucks, I will never buy them out of principle

that being said, I have fun on the game and not too much trouble aquiring money to buy the things I need

sure there's things I want but can't afford (supercars and such)

but once you get the appartment and a nice car or 2 you can just continue to have fun and all you really need to buy is ammo, armor and the occasional weapon while slowly saving up for the bigger things

I like it

"it's not R*'s fault people only want to play the quick missions with a high payout"

Yes it is. The payout should be dependant on the time it takes to complete it. They should have internally tested the missions, averaged the time for each mission and a little bonus for difficulty and then set the payout against it.

I did one of the first time the other day and it was a REALLY long mission and it gave me 3k at level 53...

I'm not sure why people dont do the competitive "missions". I always find them pretty fun.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

but ppl cant be looks i have millions and my repz so huge for all there friends to praise them. by having a huge repz and millions of dollars girls will come to your moms house nekkid and horny looking for you. also killing people while unarmed shows how badass you are. make sure you do it while there trying to customize there car that way it makes so they will know that your not to be f*cked with.

• Phyxsius- likes this

WhisperXBA2
  • WhisperXBA2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by WhisperXBA2, 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

game is fine, but I no longer player it since the bad sport systems keeps friends apart

Battlefield 4 tonight baby!  and a few weeks from now, I'll have 32 on 32 Battlefield action.   I'll probably never even think about this game again.

I'm more likely to free roam in GTA IV again than I am in GTAO

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by Odesza, 28 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Online is nothing more than a beta, and we simply paid them to be the testers.

No, we paid them for a 60$ SP game which was well worth it's money with a MP add-on.

@OP  They aren't forcing you to buy cash-cards, in ~30minutes last night with the missions cut in half I managed to make 50k off of missions, and your argument of "slow grinding/leveling" is just completely ignorant, you realize most online RPG games all have this formula of making leveling/unlocking things slower as you gradually advance for a reason.  But there is no reason for you to be level 120 in the first month, and there's no reason for you to blow 10mil on cars within the first month.

tl;dr Your greed and childishness is forcing you to buy cash-cards, not R*

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think the server issues have really set Rockstar back. They planned to have the custom creators, DLC and the heists coming into play far earlier. For this reason, people are "maxing out" early and reaching an end that R* thought it would be impossible to reach.

I'd expect the heists to be big pay-out missions. When they finally arrive, these will hopefully allow players to gain money and assets fast - and not just the cash cards.

i doubt heists are gonna pay more than 50k. we're probably going to have to pay a crap load of in game money just to do them.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

lol few things..

multi massive online 

sounds like gta o too mee

its multi players, its quite massive and its online

i understand that you are on an age where you want to seem all cool, but he said mmo , not mmo rpg ;)
lol...

mmo
Web definitions
A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world or can potentially play against a large number of players in matchmaking; A massively multiplayer online role-playing game

it aint massive..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users