Photo

R* made a terrible decision

56 replies to this topic
madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Basically R* has attempted to create a game where leveling and money gaining are tedious and slow. Obviously this is in hopes that people would buy cash cards to help them along.

Less money gained = harder to complete missions etc etc = longer to get items = buy cash cards to speed up the process

The problem here is that by creating an atmosphere of slow, R* has alienated their potential customers. Be honest, how many of you would have played and at one point paid a buck for 100k in game? Perhaps you were feeling lazy and just needed some quick cash, maybe as a way to support R* or maybe just to get a new character up and running? I would have.

Now though R* has essentially pissed off their player base by not only lowering mission pay to worthless, but by the message that sends, which is "we want money regardless if the game is quality or not" and that is the wrong way to think.

Think about it.

A good example is the fact that we can not steal any car we want and keep that car. In a game whose title is Grand Theft Auto...

The mere fact is, had R* simply made the game more like the SP side, (where are the random events even?) then players would have bought a cash card for one reason or another. However, I for one will not buy a cash card because of how R* has decided to practice business and I hope that others feel the same. The sooner we get companies to understand quality first, the better.

What do you all think?
  • KyoukoToshinou likes this

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have plenty of mates who have left the game because they have the apartment, got the cars they like (all legit) and the missions are too repetitive. They feel the game has been pretty much completed so it works the other way.

Fewer payouts from the start and they might still be playing to get the apartment etc.

The real issue is the limited missions. How they thought that 3-4 per 3 of the guys worth phoning was enough is laughable.

• pilscy and Vaymasters like this

autoduck
  • autoduck

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

GTA online is not your typical multiplayer portion of a game. R*'s goal is to create a GTA MMO hence the character progression.

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Not really, its called R* expecting players to immerse themselves in a game instead of trying to max out statistics using the most dullest methods as possible.

• Vaymasters likes this

FrEshBrEadStiCk
  • FrEshBrEadStiCk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Online is nothing more than a beta, and we simply paid them to be the testers.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I think the server issues have really set Rockstar back. They planned to have the custom creators, DLC and the heists coming into play far earlier. For this reason, people are "maxing out" early and reaching an end that R* thought it would be impossible to reach.

I'd expect the heists to be big pay-out missions. When they finally arrive, these will hopefully allow players to gain money and assets fast - and not just the cash cards.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I wont be buying cash cards either. I already paid over $100 for my CE & now those greedy f*cks want more?!?!

R* has their priorities all f*cked up like a lost & confused teenage girl. Instead of fixing the matchmaking, glitches, bugs etc they opt to nerf payouts, survivals and other stuff which is putting their cash card launch at risk.

Pull your heads outta your asses R*

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have plenty of mates who have left the game because they have the apartment, got the cars they like (all legit) and the missions are too repetitive. They feel the game has been pretty much completed so it works the other way.

Fewer payouts from the start and they might still be playing to get the apartment etc.

The real issue is the limited missions. How they thought that 3-4 per 3 of the guys worth phoning was enough is laughable.

I think that has more to do with the limited amount of things to do. Think about the RP system, they could have done much more with that to help progression and slow the game instead of nerfing payouts. Cutting money just makes it harder to buy ammo and that's dumb. (Explosives are way over priced) Try starting a new character without bank from your first and you'll see what I mean. But that also will show the lack of things to do, specifically coop things, but that's another discussion.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I think the server issues have really set Rockstar back. They planned to have the custom creators, DLC and the heists coming into play far earlier. For this reason, people are "maxing out" early and reaching an end that R* thought it would be impossible to reach.

I'd expect the heists to be big pay-out missions. When they finally arrive, these will hopefully allow players to gain money and assets fast - and not just the cash cards.

I hope that's the case, I loved the SP side and had figured the MP side would be the same quality, which it clearly is not. Hopefully R* will have the heists done right.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 28 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Online is nothing more than a beta, and we simply paid them to be the testers.

It's not even a Beta, it's an Alpha, an Alpha that R* tried to pass off as an complete and fully functioning MMO and expected people to pay twice for.

• madhojo likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Oh, it's this thread again.

OP - your whole argument is made redundant by the lack of available cash cards.

No offence, but there's no point about talking with your wallet if you've already paid for the game. If you really want to send a message - don't buy the game in the first place.
  • TheMadNinjaTurtle likes this

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by madhojo, 28 October 2013 - 11:14 AM.

No offence, but there's no point about talking with your wallet if you've already paid for the game. If you really want to send a message - don't buy the game in the first place.

The fact they they are not available does not change the fact that they are there and thus will be available again.

I think the SP was worth 60 to be honest, but I think that the trend R* is trying to set in regards to cash cards and dumbing down MP is a bad trend to set. If R* makes a killing on cash cards I would expect to see such a system implemented in other games as well.

(Lol, is this thread over seen? Usually it's I hate glitchers or I hate non-glitchers)

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Of course it's supposed to be slow, making millions shouldn't be as easy as it was for Michael, Franklin and Trevor. Getting a nice apartment and car should be a milestone not something that can be bought in a matter of hours. Sure making money is slow but the main focus of the game is to have fun! the money aspect of the game is just a bonus it's only meant as an incentive to keep playing, if more people realized this and just played the game like they played IV there would be much less complaints.

And to the people complaining about the cash cards they are the reason GTAO and possibly all the upcoming DLC will be free. Would you rather pay for stuff like heists and new game modes? or would you like other people to pay for it instead by buying cash cards.

• Dostoe1 and Longtonguehuey like this

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by madhojo, 28 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Of course it's supposed to be slow, making millions shouldn't be as easy as it was for Michael, Franklin and Trevor. Getting a nice apartment and car should be a milestone not something that can be bought in a matter of hours. Sure making money is slow but the main focus of the game is to have fun! the money aspect of the game is just a bonus it's only meant as an incentive to keep playing, if more people realized this and just played the game like they played IV there would be much less complaints.

And to the people complaining about the cash cards they are the reason GTAO and possibly all the upcoming DLC will be free. Would you rather pay for stuff like heists and new game modes? or would you like other people to pay for it instead by buying cash cards.

I agree, which is pry why they should have had more housing options and vehicle options at higher pricing. (Everyone should have started with a bs house and at least a parking space).

Depends, is the game going to become a grind the entire way for me to buy cash cards? If so then I would rather pay for some dlc and have a fun game. (I thought only beach bum, heists, and content creator were free?)

(Lol morning waiting for my clothes to dry before work, man I must be bored)

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by TerrorFields, 28 October 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Honestly I don't see how gaining a lot of cash helps. The only useful things that you save a lot cash for in the game are the weapons. You can easily get by missions without a buzzard or a tank. In free mode these are readily available at spawns. 

Leveling isn't too bad if you have a crew to do stuff with, plus you can race criminal record races if you want to lvl so badly. 

Also when you reach that said lvl to unlock stuff you probably have enough cash saved up to buy said stuff.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm also enjoying the slowness of the character build up. I've earned probably about half a million to a million but spent all of it (apart from the cost of a cheap garage) on one car and weapon upgrades. I love the fact that I'm pretty much broke constantly.

I'd like to have to earn the high end apartment and if this means I need to complete a high risk heist then I'll feel like I've earned it. Rockstar's free double cash pay-out I will waste on an unnecessary luxury purchase, like a yacht or something. I don't really want to receive this but it will also be tough to turn down, when offered.

• Dostoe1 likes this

DR1P
  • DR1P

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:23 AM Edited by DR1P, 28 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

I think you are over stating the importance of money. I float between $0 - $20k most of the time, I don't find it hard to compete, buy weapons, or ammo. I got everything I wanted, a full 6 car garage with the vehicles I want ( all stolen except my akuma) all upgraded as high as I can. Explosives are pricey, but they should be, free roam is ww3 as it is last thing we need is every nub tossing dozens of stickies on every street. Moral of the story, play the game, not your bank account.
  • DaCosta likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

It's slow unless you glitch.

Now the glitchers are having fun, unlike the rest of us who play the game legitimately but then have our mission payouts nerfed. It's like R* don't want people to play the game the way they themselves intended.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:32 AM Edited by R.R, 28 October 2013 - 11:34 AM.

The fact they they are not available does not change the fact that they are there and thus will be available again.

I think the SP was worth 60 to be honest, but I think that the trend R* is trying to set in regards to cash cards and dumbing down MP is a bad trend to set. If R* makes a killing on cash cards I would expect to see such a system implemented in other games as well.

(Lol, is this thread over seen? Usually it's I hate glitchers or I hate non-glitchers)

You're sort of acting like RS are the first company to do this, which I find odd.

With the amount of content RS have in the works, I have no problem paying for it. I'd prefer that payment come in some form other than cash cards, as it isn't something i'm really interested in, but I have no problem in supporting them if they continue to add content and support this game.

And yeah, this thread has been done to death dude, nothing you're saying is new here.

edit -

It's slow unless you glitch.

Now the glitchers are having fun, unlike the rest of us who play the game legitimately but then have our mission payouts nerfed. It's like R* don't want people to play the game the way they themselves intended.

I'm not finding it slow at all. I'm currently ranked 72, got a nice apartment with a full garage of modded cars, and am still having a ton of fun.

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

i cannot agree with the OP because there are many many many ways to make good bucks fast. the missions are only a fraction and you get to level up to get new missions. this is the first roll out and more will come and soon we create our own and share them and stuff will rock to infinity. if they want to sell cash cards then so be it, it doesnt help you to have millions when you got to win 50 races to get the engine upgrade you want. long term motivation must be the focus here and i believe I am already progressing too fast and i do nothing illegal.

DonkeyWobbler
  • DonkeyWobbler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't understand how people can regard the progression in this game as slow.  Have you ever played an MMORPG or equivalent with character level ups before?
I played one many years ago, where it took 8 hours of constant fighting to raise your stat for example your axe stat by 0.1.  When you take into account that the top level axe required 120.0 then you have an understanding of how long that took.  You could play 12 hours a day, every day, for 6 monthes, and still only be 1/4 of the way to having a well rounded character.   Now it was extreme I know, but how on earth can you suggest that this game, where you can max your stats in one sitting and get to level 100 within 3-4 weeks with enough money to buy everything in the game, is slow?

• Dostoe1 likes this

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Stop complaining, learn to drive and win some races then you will start earning some serious cash!

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I don't understand how people can regard the progression in this game as slow.  Have you ever played an MMORPG or equivalent with character level ups before?
I played one many years ago, where it took 8 hours of constant fighting to raise your stat for example your axe stat by 0.1.  When you take into account that the top level axe required 120.0 then you have an understanding of how long that took.  You could play 12 hours a day, every day, for 6 monthes, and still only be 1/4 of the way to having a well rounded character.   Now it was extreme I know, but how on earth can you suggest that this game, where you can max your stats in one sitting and get to level 100 within 3-4 weeks with enough money to buy everything in the game, is slow?

Don't waste your time on the spoiled kids man.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Stop complaining, learn to drive and win some races then you will start earning some serious cash!

Great.

A mission focused MMO where missions were the epicentre of the game, the main selling point championed by R* and the only way to get ahead in the game is to do races, not missions.

Good job Rockstar.  :catspider:

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Great.

A mission focused MMO where missions were the epicentre of the game, the main selling point championed by R* and the only way to get ahead in the game is to do races, not missions.

It's Grand Theft Auto. Which directly relates to vehicles. Hence the racing. So yes good job Rockstar you got the essence of the game!

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Great.

It's Grand Theft Auto. Which directly relates to vehicles. Hence the racing. So yes good job Rockstar you got the essence of the game!

I do agree that the emphasis should be more on missions though. It shouldn't just be about RP and cash, it should be about progression.

In single-player, the races were distractions, the missions were progression. But multi-player, they are just game types.

So, I don't really do missions anymore. It's not as fun as the constant potential of free-roam or the manic races.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

i think most of you guys want to go too fast and miss the online part

i see loads of ppl just doing quickjobs, hardly anyone drives to the blue marks

ppl just care about payout's but should care about fun.

ppl blanty drive to the spot go all rambo and hope they complete is, instead of scouting or doing it the  "smart/silent" way

ranking works because of matchmaking,

the only thing i find freaking annoying is ammo costs... it's ridiculle that at a certain amount of cash you really need to overthink throwing a granate or sticky

that really cuts in the joy and fun factor.

ppl that want all cars and 10car house in the first month and grind/farm/cheat like a jobless living in moms basement dude yes they will hit the current roof quite quick.

but still i doubt that anyone has the everything los santos as to offer achievement

ppl are so hung up on the cash that its route 68 , the commuter , criminal records all day long

or repeating the coveted mission because it pays the most currently

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

@Epi 

That is the most poorly structured paragraph I have ever seen.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by Epi, 28 October 2013 - 12:06 PM.

@smallo92

like i care

this is the interwebz and english is not my main language, my 3th or 4th

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

How many of these threads do I need to read before I begin scratching my own eyes out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users