Unique Vehicles Quest

1,527 replies to this topic
Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

First, read my post in the GTA4 guide. I posted the bulk of this there since it's all about GTA4:

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1069223592

Anyways, (assuming you read that post), I did the same thing for GTA5, although I prioritized unique plates, blank plates, and unique vehicles, as well as ones that you could only get through buying online after passing the mission. I actually have two endgame saves for GTA5, one with all blank plates (since they're unique to 360/PS3), and one with all unique plates. The blank plates save also has the special livery vehicles (Humane Labs Boxville, Deludamol Rumpo, and the Bison w/ winch), and the unique plates one has the Epsilon color vehicles, too.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:34 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 22 November 2016 - 11:43 AM.

No need to tell me about comments, man.  I generally stick to my 9 Special Vehicle Guide Topics and this V Topic the most on the Forum and when I see there is new comments, I always check and reply.  In fact, I already replied to that comment in my IV Guide before replying to this comment in the V Topic.

Do you use the Impounds in V for Special Vehicles?  I don't know why people find them glitchy or don't understand that you can very easily use them as a 2 Car Garage for each Character, thus giving you an extra 6 spots to store Special Vehicles.  I've been using them for such since 2013 and don't find them difficult to use whatsoever.  I should of got more true Special Vehicles, though.  Like, I was doing that Epsilon Program very late in the game and could of easily got the EC Landstalker and such, thus giving me more Special Vehicles in total and utilizing more space but I didn't.  But like I said, everything feels so cheap in V and is simple to get, so I just picked things that interested me.  Those 30 Special Vehicles I have are the ones I like the most in V.  Some I don't like, but think are worthy of a Save.  Like the Bison with Winch and Humane Labs Boxville are sh*t, but kinda interesting to have and obtain.

Idk why, but the UP JB-700 and UP Monroe always change Plate.  Like, it remains with the proper text, but the actual Plate can change different colors every time I reload and check on the Vehicle in question.  Perhaps just Safehouse Garages have such an effect on them, but all other UP Vehicles I stored in a Safehouse Garage are fine and don't do this.  It's just the JB-700 and Monroe for some reason.  Colors as well as Plate Type change all the time, lol...

But yeah, with 35 spots to store Special Vehicle and having 30 in total + a Lazer in F's Hanger, I am happy and the Save is good enough for my liking.  None of them other than the Space Docker if you want to count it as Rare can be obtained again at this point, so I don't have the issue I have in TLaD and TBoGT where I have quite a lot of Rare Vehicles compared to Special.  That's why I am re-doing TLaD and TBoGT Saves.  But when it comes to III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, CW, and V, this isn't an issue.

One thing I hate about V is also variety.  Like, there is plenty of UP, Blank Plate, and EC Vehicles, but MOST of them are actually identical to another Special Vehicle.  Same "Vehicle," but just different reason to why it's special.  Like, I don't like Landstalkers at all, yet, there is at least 3-4 special Landstalkers in V.  I also see a lot of SUV's, Bisons, and just very sh*tty Vehicles that interest me and that is why I don't obtain them, despite how special they are.  All of them at the end of the day are way too easy to get in V.  You either use Camera Trick, Interior Garage Trick, or just "take" the Vehicle and it's yours.  So many easy ones which makes me angry as I prefer more difficult Special Vehicles to obtain and those feel much more rewarding in the end.

Btw, you should check into Chinatown Wars.  Awesome game, and my Guide is the most updated on the entire Web.  It's mainly for iOS and Android, though, since PSP is rather different to these Versions/Platforms and DS is slightly different, too.  I'd like to know what you think of CW.  95% of every single Special Vehicle in the game can be obtained on a Replay other than 3 or 4 of them.  I have those few that need to be obtained on the first go through the Mission, but I also have a lot that use a Replay and most of those are BP.  In fact, most of them were AP, but BP is the only Proofing that remains after storing the Vehicles in a Garage.  14 Garages, 1 spot for a Special Vehicle, thus 14 total Special Vehicles.  Only 3 true EC Vehicles in the entire game and I have 2 of those 3 in my current Save and the other 12 are BP Vehicles.  The Garages are much different to that of the 3D Era and the Special Vehicles are rather strange to obtain, as well.  The Replay Trick to obtain them was only founded in 2015, btw.  YEARS after it was released.  If it wasn't for someone on this Forum finding the Trick, Replay wouldn't be a way to get them...

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:21 AM

I do use the impound garages, and I don't find them glitchy, outside of one instance. I've noticed that sometimes there can be "phantom" vehicles that the game intends to add into the impound, but doesn't do so right away. I can check it with the character, see the two vehicles I want, but come back later (usually after saving as a different character and loading that save), and find one replaced with another vehicle.

I dislike how "sticky" the impound tends to be. If you jack a random car on the street, use it, then switch to someone else and save/load, that car will end up in the other character's impound. It can make it difficult and annoying to use any vehicle besides their personal vehicles. I've taken to ditching any such car in water, blowing it up (I drop a grenade and then sit on the character switch menu until I see it begin to explode, then switch, avoiding a wanted level), or making sure to drive back home and get in their personal vehicle before switching away.

Also annoying in some cases where a mission leaves me with a vehicle I didn't even realize. Trevor's bike race with Mary Ann and the Bus assassination with Franklin are culprits that usually leave me with a BICYCLE in the impound. I also dislike when the line isn't clear between an impoundable vehicle or not; some vehicles that can't (normally) be put into an interior garage CAN be impounded, such as the Gang Burrito.

So I find the impound lots useful, but very high maintenance and easy for something to go wrong. Not necessarily "glitchy," but definitely unreliable enough to be a burden.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

That's very true.  I've had such issues occur in my old V Save I did back in 2013/14.  The Impounds caused me a lot of issues so this time, I stuck to ONLY driving the three Character's Personal Vehicles every chance I got, or using a Helicopter to get around, knowing those physically COULDN'T be impounded.  Also, if you take a Vehicle out of M's 4 Car Garage, mod it, then put it in his Safehouse Garage, it seems to be duplicated and also added to the Impound.  Gotta be careful with Impounds.  Same can go for SA's Impounds, which are way more difficult to use than V.  Things can very easily overwrite what you have in them.  For my new V Save, I made sure to use Impounds later on in the game and not right away thus those "phantom" random Vehicles wouldn't cause me an issue...

Ok, looks like you do the SAME thing I do.  I also do such things in SA, too, to assure nothing is eaten or overwritten in my Impounds...

Well, it sounds like you know what you are doing, though.  That's the key to everything in GTA.  If you know what you are doing and experiment, you'll eventually become a pro at using them and they won't be as much of an issue in the end, when comparing to someone who doesn't know how they work.  Some people don't even know how to get a Vehicle of your choice impounded, but it's simple.  You just mod something on it, or everything, and then drive it to the Character's Personal Vehicle, leave the modded Vehicle behind, drive away, and it's automatically impounded and remains there for as long as you want it to while taking precautions...

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

Any vehicle in an interior garage that is removed will be impounded, even if taken directly to their safehouse garage. Only way to avoid it is either extreme luck (it SOMETIMES doesn't happen) or to destroy the vehicle. Or just arrange it so it can be impounded without issue, then let it be overwritten in the impound.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:42 PM Edited by lost-in-emotions, 24 November 2016 - 09:39 PM.

is there a chance to find a blista compact on the street (PC)?

(sorry if thats already asked here, but the thread is very long :-))

JoonasPRKL
  • JoonasPRKL

Valitettavasti olen yläpuolellanne

• Facade Corporation
  • Finland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:58 AM Edited by JoonasPRKL, 25 November 2016 - 10:58 AM.

Yes, Try this area marked on the map near the Maze Bank Arena
i3LzdUM.png

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

tried this yesterday, but no chance.

any specific time / day ?

DjVirusss
  • DjVirusss

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Nice, just finished the story and I feel so dumb not being curious about these cars, and how to get them.

NOskillx
  • NOskillx

Get off

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Yo guys im back for sure! I will try discover some more lcs vehicles meanwhile Look at this if you interested! 

• MorsPrincipiumEst and Lennart - like this

MarinerMoose713
  • MarinerMoose713

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

I have a question about the Phart Gas van found on the O'neils farm. After I killed them all and blew up their farm I got in the van, drove it to Trevor's hangar and parked it inside, saved my game and went back and it was gone. Is there a way to find that van again? I was under the impression that you could park vehicles in the hangar that were too big for the garages, that's why I parked it there

• idonknowhow likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:17 AM

That Van can only be saved in a 4 Car Garage or a Safehouse Garage.  Not a Hanger, not a Helipad.  I know on PS3 without Patches, there is an exploit to store ANY Vehicle in those 4 Car Garages, even things like a Buzzard Attack Chopper, Prison Bus, Police Riot, etc, etc.  When I obtained that EC White Pharte Gas Burrito in my old Save, I just stored it in one of the Character's 4 Car Garage.  I believe it fits in a Safehouse Garage, too, though.

• MarinerMoose713 likes this

MarinerMoose713
  • MarinerMoose713

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

ok so I found the Phart Gas van again in Sandy Shores. I took it to the Grove Street garage and got the message that it can't be stored there. So I drove it back to my safehouse so I could put it in that garage. Pulled the car out of my garage that was in there so I could the van in, when I got out of the garage the van was gone *poof*

https://1drv.ms/i/s!...RfCm3B7uhwrJ5h_

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, GTA V doesn't keep anything in memory, unfortunately, and it's embarrassing when you look away from the Vehicle for just a second and it's gone just like that.  V's Mechanics are wacky compared to all other previous GTA's.  In the end, it's the worst one for Special Vehicles.

Wait, you said you found the WHITE Pharte Gas Burrito in traffic?  If you found it in traffic or parked somewhere, it's not a Special Vehicle, but rather just a Rare Vehicle.

MarinerMoose713
  • MarinerMoose713

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

I found the white one on the O'neil's farm during the mission where you have to blowup their house. I lost that one., and then I found a red one in Sandy Shores close to Trevor's trailer and that's the one that disappeared from Franklin's driveway when I was pulling the car out of the garage lol... there is a lot of frustrating things about GTA 5 I hope they improve with GTA 6

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

Ah, yeah, the Red Pharte Gas Burrito can spawn parked around the Map, but the WHITE one is the truly special one...From Crystal Maze since no other WHITE Colored Pharte Gas Burritos are found in the entire game...

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

What are you doing, giving birth?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:13 AM Edited by Ribsey, 22 March 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Yeah, GTA V doesn't keep anything in memory, unfortunately, and it's embarrassing when you look away from the Vehicle for just a second and it's gone just like that.  V's Mechanics are wacky compared to all other previous GTA's.  In the end, it's the worst one for Special Vehicles.

Wait, you said you found the WHITE Pharte Gas Burrito in traffic?  If you found it in traffic or parked somewhere, it's not a Special Vehicle, but rather just a Rare Vehicle.

Eugh, happened to me while trying to get the Epsilon Maverick and Tailgater together. Had to change my method and got them separately instead.

As7tMhc.png

GTA V wasn't as fun in terms of collecting vehicles. Heck the Bison /w a winch was pushing it since near-identical Bisons are found in construction sites...

Missed Poppy Mitchell's Cognoscenti Cabrio as it despawned when I did a quick switch (its engine died RIGHT outside Franklin's garage). 

Trevor's garage (Entity XF from "I Fought the Law", Avery's Comet from "Closing the Deal", Red Rocoto from the random encounter near the airport and a Merryweather Mesa from "The Wrap Up").

Spoiler

Franklin's personal garage (Peter Dreyfus' Landstalker and a copy of Amanda's Sentinel the game decided to let Franklin keep after a friend activity with Michael).

Spoiler

Franklin's garage (Blue Unmarked Cruiser from "Grass Roots - The Pickup", Lamar's White Speedo from "Chop" and the slicktop Police Cruiser from "A Good Husband"). The hybrid lightbar version of the cruiser proved impossible.

Spoiler

Michael's personal garage (Epsilon Baby Blue Landstalker and Tailgater from "Unknowning the Truth")

Spoiler

Michael's garage (Yellow Beejay XL from "Complications", Bison /w winch from "Marriage Counseling", two Epsilon Sentinel XS from "Unknowing the Truth")

Spoiler

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Nice!  Did you see what I got?  It's all on Page 50. -----> http://gtaforums.com...entry1069202032

I could of filled a few more spots, but meh...

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

What are you doing, giving birth?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:56 PM Edited by Ribsey, 22 March 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Nice!  Did you see what I got?  It's all on Page 50. -----> http://gtaforums.com...entry1069202032

I could of filled a few more spots, but meh...

That is a nice collection! Shame updated games make certain vehicles harder/impossible. 

Found these on an older save in Michael's garage too:

Spoiler

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

WHOA!!! Been out of the game for a lot of time now starting to return by playing GTA V on PC!!! They really mess it up by making basically stupidly difficult to not say impossible to get special vehicles!!! Really R* WTF!!!

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

Woah.  You're back.  I thought you quit GTA for good :D :p

• fnxrak likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

For now just playing. Having fun!!! But not too much because of what they have done!!! Oh well at least I still have the PS3 to get what I want LOLOL

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

I am surprised you're back to V after all this time.  I guess you only JUST got it for PC or something?  The Special Vehicle aspect is really, really dead in this game.  You should really look into games like VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  New EC Black Conversion in VC, tons of sh*t in SA like you knew the last time you were online a year ago how we can make any Vehicle AP and EC now, in LCS a BP Conversion, AP/TP Conversion, tons of new Vehicles found with OM0 and without OM0, in VCS things like a H/UH/AP/PP/WP Biker Angel, AP Police, AP/EC Maverick, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Flatbed, H/AP Jetmax, etc, etc.  V isn't really fun for Special Vehicles as there is nothing all that worthy to obtain.  There is so much better and more monumental of tasks found in the 3D Era especially after this past year with all the new stuff found using the OM0 Trick...

• NOskillx likes this

hoopz71
  • hoopz71

GREEN N WHITE THRU N THRU, Here we go to 5 in a row

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Yes, Try this area marked on the map near the Maze Bank Arena
i3LzdUM.png

Ifound Blista Compact when i dropped BAGGER @ carwash right behind Franklins aunts house

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

This might be useful, meybe you can do it on PS3 even, haven't tried yet

• NOskillx likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Interesting.  Watching it now! :)

• NOskillx likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Taxi and Stanier police car don't change color, and didn't get cosmetic enhancements except wheels. The wheels on the glitched car weren't the ones I selected in LSC, but I did have custom rims. The performance enhancements (including  100% armor) are nice though. Doesn't work with a Firetruck or a Phantom, I haven't tested with any other vehicles.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not every vehicle in game support custom mods such as; Wheels, Performance etc.
They usually can just can color/plate or nothing,
Good example is Mariachi - This on v1 can't hold Wheels mods, but later Rockstar added it for some reason but even to this day you cannot get custom wheels without modding your game/save.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users