Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why didn't they use Johnny Klebitz as....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic
Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:27 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 03:28 AM.

i consider niko to be more tragic than johnny if you chose the deal ending. johnny lost a lot of friends, but they were all gangsters who lived dangerously. when niko says, "roman, never hurt anyone..." he's saying that roman did not deserve to die and wasn't supposed to die because he didn't live a criminal life like niko and others IMO

Well they're both innocent victims of Niko's lifestyle. Kate or Roman.

Roman's death I find almost less tragic because he would have died anyway if not for Niko.

As Trevor's final boss instead of just

Spoiler
like an idiot... I feel like the could've used The Lost a lot more into the story than just the f*cking beginning, did they rush it too much and decided just to kill of Johnny?? Or did Rockstar just wanted to prove how much of a badass Trevor was by single-handily kill The Lost? It would've definitely been a better story than f*cking Devon...

I didn't even like Johnny, but the way they treated his character was extremely horrid writing. The Lost and Damned died at the end of that DLC. Johnny left behind his past, he showed promise. But instead of getting his business together, Rockstar decided to move him, and the entire DEAD Lost and Damned crew out in the rear end of nowhere for some reason. Luis and Tony would've made a lot more sense to make a cameo in this game, because L.A. has a pretty decent nightlife from what I've seen.

Not mentioning becoming completely into drugs despite being against it in TLAD.

I feel as though Jonny was only put into V so that someone made a cameo, and then they killed him, just like that. Pretty f*cking sh*tty, that really annoyed me, they could have killed any stupid biker, not the damn protagonist of IV TLAD, and the way he got killed was dumb, it's just like 'Really?' Jonny was ruthless and then gets chased down by one damn guy!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I dunno. I think they did more than just throw him in. If they wanted to just make a cameo, they could have had Johnny show up to kill Trevor because he was stealing his meth business.

Instead, they made a point about how tragic Johnny's life had become.

A major theme of GTAV is "What happens when you finish the GTA missions?" Trevor is what happens when you can't get out, Michael is what happens when you get out, and Franklin is on the same road as Michael and Trevor.

Johnny's message is, "you can't always escape the game's consequences by winning."

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:36 AM Edited by TaviColen123, 16 January 2014 - 03:36 AM.

iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:
I actually didnt thought RDR had such a great story like everyone says even though i love the game its still pretty inconsistent . But i dont care because i play games for fun not for the story, if i wanted story i would either watch a movie, tv show or read a book because i feel those are still the best mediums to experience it, video games , even though they made a lot of progress in the last decade or so in term of storytelling, still have a long way until they reach that goal .

Ha, read ANYTHING by L. Ron Hubbard or Carlton Mellick III, watch ANY movie by Ed Wood (like "Glenn or Glenda" or "Plan 9 From Outer Space") or David Lynch (if you watch "Eraserhead" and like it, I HATE you), or read any comic by Mark Millar, and tell me "Red Dead Redemption" isn't a superior story in every way, and I'll gladly punch you in the stomach for your ignorance.

I think you dont know what an opinion means, but regardless i dont know what any of those movies that you listed have anything to do with the fact that i am not fond of RDRs story . There are bad stories in any medium so your point that you tried to prove failed . I can watch an old Clint Eastwood western multiple times but i cant say the same for RDR or any other story driven game .

¿F¡ññ4L¡£?, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:¿F¡ññ4L¡£?, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

VileClown, on 30 Oct 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:VileClown, on 30 Oct 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Mr_Goldcard, on 28 Oct 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:Mr_Goldcard, on 28 Oct 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Spoiler
like an idiot... I feel like the could've used The Lost a lot more into the story than just the f*cking beginning, did they rush it too much and decided just to kill of Johnny?? Or did Rockstar just wanted to prove how much of a badass Trevor was by single-handily kill The Lost? It would've definitely been a better story than f*cking Devon...

I didn't even like Johnny, but the way they treated his character was extremely horrid writing. The Lost and Damned died at the end of that DLC. Johnny left behind his past, he showed promise. But instead of getting his business together, Rockstar decided to move him, and the entire DEAD Lost and Damned crew out in the rear end of nowhere for some reason. Luis and Tony would've made a lot more sense to make a cameo in this game, because L.A. has a pretty decent nightlife from what I've seen.

I feel as though Jonny was only put into V so that someone made a cameo, and then they killed him, just like that. Pretty f*cking sh*tty, that really annoyed me, they could have killed any stupid biker, not the damn protagonist of IV TLAD, and the way he got killed was dumb, it's just like 'Really?' Jonny was ruthless and then gets chased down by one damn guy!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If they put any other biker i would not have had the same impact, but then again reasoned thinking and some users of GTAForums dont combine .

Waltermelon
  • Waltermelon

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

I just wish they'd given us Brucie to kill, someone else could have been used to sell testosterone in Online...

I like getting the random phone calls from Brucie about testosterone just for the simple fact that i can hang up on him, setting him on fire would be great too though.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

I think you dont know what an opinion means, but regardless i dont know what any of those movies that you listed have anything to do with the fact that i am not fond of RDRs story . There are bad stories in any medium so your point that you tried to prove failed . I can watch an old Clint Eastwood western multiple times but i cant say the same for RDR or any other story driven game .

Because you're stupid. You're saying video games aren't the best medium for story telling, I listed several, WELL KNOWN movies and written stories that don't tell a story as well as video games, proving your "the medium isn't the best for story telling" argument false. Can you follow, you mental invalid?

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 03:47 AM.

I think it would have been awesome if they'd dumped the Triad plot for Trevor.

Johnny survives his beating in the opening scene and becomes the guy you have to kill at the end.

Maybe with an eye-patch or a head of bandages.

Mostly because the Triad plot was crap.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

It made no sense to have a former protagonist die like a gutless wimp.  What was the point of even having him in this game if they're going to have him go down like that?  It was unnecessary and it makes TLAD seem like a joke now.

Rockstar needs to hire better writers.  The entire story was weak.

• Niobium likes this

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

It made no sense to have a former protagonist die like a gutless wimp.  What was the point of even having him in this game if they're going to have him go down like that?  It was unnecessary and it makes TLAD seem like a joke now.

To show Johnny had fallen apart due to the events of TLAD.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

If they put any other biker i would not have had the same impact, but then again reasoned thinking and some users of GTAForums dont combine .

are you saying that the people who hated that scene are idiots?

I haven't played max payne 3 but from what ive heard, max also had fallen apart. that didn't make HIM a gutless wimp....

the johnny/trevor scene was just awful writing. the worst scene I saw since ME3's ending

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:49 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 04:50 AM.

Well it's the nature of a tragedy. Johnny Klebitz killed all of the Lost and Billy Grey at the end of TLAD.

By doing so, he destroyed himself. By "winning" through killing all of his friends and family, Johnny left himself nothing to live for but crime and Ashley.

Victory destroyed Johnny.

I will say, though, I think Trevor cold-cocked him. I would have been interested in seeing what sort of friendship (fi any) they had before this, though. Johnny seemed like a friend with Trevor in a weird way before things went south.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

I still find it funny that people say he deserved a good death. Every single GTA protagonist to date has been a criminal, with at the very least murder and theft in their portfolio. We're not playing honorable people here, we're not playing the good guys. We're playing thugs with ambition, which, as friendly as they may be, are still thugs. Nobody who murders people for fun or because some dickwad told him to or because his little leather jacket tea party told him to deserves an honorable death. And, again, drugs do sh*t to you. Look up videos on interviewing homeless people. A lot of them were pretty well-off economically and had a perfectly normal family, but once they get addicted to meth/crack/etc. they start turning into pathetic junkies.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

Get over it.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:58 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 04:59 AM.

I still find it funny that people say he deserved a good death. Every single GTA protagonist to date has been a criminal, with at the very least murder and theft in their portfolio. We're not playing honorable people here, we're not playing the good guys. We're playing thugs with ambition, which, as friendly as they may be, are still thugs. Nobody who murders people for fun or because some dickwad told him to or because his little leather jacket tea party told him to deserves an honorable death. And, again, drugs do sh*t to you. Look up videos on interviewing homeless people. A lot of them were pretty well-off economically and had a perfectly normal family, but once they get addicted to meth/crack/etc. they start turning into pathetic junkies.

You act like anyone in GTA is admirable. The world is a crap so we feel no guilt playing criminals.

Also, it's fiction so we can want crooks to have happy endings too.

We get to spend time in their shoes and they become friends, after a fashion.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:
I actually didnt thought RDR had such a great story like everyone says even though i love the game its still pretty inconsistent . But i dont care because i play games for fun not for the story, if i wanted story i would either watch a movie, tv show or read a book because i feel those are still the best mediums to experience it, video games , even though they made a lot of progress in the last decade or so in term of storytelling, still have a long way until they reach that goal .

Ha, read ANYTHING by L. Ron Hubbard or Carlton Mellick III, watch ANY movie by Ed Wood (like "Glenn or Glenda" or "Plan 9 From Outer Space") or David Lynch (if you watch "Eraserhead" and like it, I HATE you), or read any comic by Mark Millar, and tell me "Red Dead Redemption" isn't a superior story in every way, and I'll gladly punch you in the stomach for your ignorance.

¿F¡ññ4L¡£?, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:¿F¡ññ4L¡£?, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

VileClown, on 30 Oct 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:VileClown, on 30 Oct 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Mr_Goldcard, on 28 Oct 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:Mr_Goldcard, on 28 Oct 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Spoiler

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If there was any impact to be made it would be Trevor looking bad ass, but pathetically killing johnny didn't really do that for me, it just made johnny look like a f*cking degenerate.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

It didn't work and it was completely out of place.  Johnny's life could have fallen apart, but he wouldn't have become a timid little b!tch like that.  They turned him into George McFly from Back to the Future.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:07 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 05:08 AM.

If there was any impact to be made it would be Trevor looking bad ass, but pathetically killing johnny didn't really do that for me, it just made johnny look like a f*cking degenerate.

Eh, I took it to illustrate Trevor could flip out and kill someone for no reason.

It didn't work and it was completely out of place.  Johnny's life could have fallen apart, but he wouldn't have become a timid little b!tch like that.  They turned him into George McFly from Back to the Future.

I don't think he was intimidated by Trevor, just they were backing down.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

six pages of hurt butts lol sorry I cared for johnny K much as the next guy but what's done is done.. Sigh he still lives on in gtaIV.. Lost be damned.
  • TaviColen123 and Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

six pages of hurt butts lol sorry I cared for johnny K much as the next guy but what's done is done.. Sigh he still lives on in gtaIV.. Lost be damned.

Exactly. Before V's release Johnny was my favourite protagonist. When I saw the scene were you got killed, I obviously got upset but I didn't hate Trevor for killing him. After just 10 minutes of watching that scene, I got over it. The people in this thread posting comments such as "Trevor sucks" "Fu*k you C*" need to get over it. 

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Eh, I took it to illustrate Trevor could flip out and kill someone for no reason.

I don't think he was intimidated by Trevor, just they were backing down.

They could have used anyone for that, using johnny was just a pointless character death because of how they did it.
  • Choco Taco and Niobium like this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 16 January 2014 - 02:04 PM.

iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:iProinsias, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 16 Jan 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Because you're stupid. You're saying video games aren't the best medium for story telling, I listed several, WELL KNOWN movies and written stories that don't tell a story as well as video games, proving your "the medium isn't the best for story telling" argument false. Can you follow, you mental invalid?

Whats the reason for insulting me because i said something you dont like ? I dont usually report people unless i have to, but you asked for it .

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I admit, I would have loved to have seen Gay Tony and Luis open an LA nightclub.

THEN WE COULD KILL THEM!

(Niko as a Heist candidate would have been cool too)

• theGTAking101 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by Raavi, 16 January 2014 - 02:11 PM.

This thread has run its course, and then some.

Bitchfest is over fellas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users