Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why didn't they use Johnny Klebitz as....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic
Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by Coolstream, 30 October 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Spoiler

It's just too bad that we didn't get to set Brucie on fire too.

Glad to know in the real biker world, Johnny would have been laughed at for completely wrecking a well-defended prison to silence a snitch for his brothers.

Sure, they'd stop by his grave and laugh.

What are you trying to get at? That bikers respect fake toughness over the lives of their brothers?

No, that in the "real biker world" he'd already be dead. Hence, his grave.

Edit: But yeah, I guess they do that too.. Hence the leather and "Friendly" attitude towards each other.

Stinger GT
  • Stinger GT

Termation

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm kinda glad they killed him, TLAD was by far the most boring GTA and had the worst characters.

And you could also tell that Johnny changed allot, probably because of all the meth and hard drugs.

He just din't seem as alive as in TLAD..

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Spoiler

Glad to know in the real biker world, Johnny would have been laughed at for completely wrecking a well-defended prison to silence a snitch for his brothers.

What are you trying to get at? That bikers respect fake toughness over the lives of their brothers?

Explain.

• Mike Haddrick, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, he would've been laughed at for  taking down a whole army of cops and the mafia, and not to mention hundreds of the AOD's.

• PaletoChickenCapo and Mike Haddrick like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by Coolstream, 30 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Spoiler

Explain.

Simple: Prison + Gay bikers attempting to shoot it down = Dead bikers.

Edit: Don't forget that we're talking reality here, he'd likely be dead before the story even began if any of this had actually happened.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

Because in the real world, someone like Johnny would be the bitch getting a real biker coffee. Go hang out with bikers for a weekend. You will see nobody like Johnny Klebitz anywhere in site. And I don't mean a bunch of hipster yuppies who ride Harleys on the weekend either. I mean a real biker gang. Johnny was only in R*'s head. It shows they know nothing about real american life.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

I think you misunderstand the fact that this is an argument about his complete accomplishments being transferred into the real world, thus the entire campaign is already done and over with, and he is still alive.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Reshe, 30 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Spoiler

Explain.

Because in the real world, someone like Johnny would be the bitch getting a real biker coffee. Go hang out with bikers for a weekend. You will see nobody like Johnny Klebitz anywhere in site. And I don't mean a bunch of hipster yuppies who ride Harleys on the weekend either. I mean a real biker gang. Johnny was only in R*'s head. It shows they know nothing about real american life.

I don't think an MC President would do anything in the role of a prospect. Also, the fact that the Lost campaign implied Johnny was alot dumber and more violent in his younger days of being in the Lost, thus explains how he rose through the ranks. When he becomes the leader, he realized random violence and things like that is what's keeping the Lost down.

Johnny was smart.

• Mike Haddrick, Drunken Cowboy, nobum62 and 1 other like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

I think you misunderstand the fact that this is an argument about his complete accomplishments being transferred into the real world, thus the entire campaign is already done and over with, and he is still alive.

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Trevor killing off The Lost was just a creative way for R* to show us how psychotic he is/was.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Nah, you just haven't been paying attention.

• Mike Haddrick, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by Mr_Goldcard, 30 October 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Spoiler

Explain.

You still haven't explain why someone like Johnny would be a bitch, you just said what would happen if he was... But not why is he a bitch? Elaborate.

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

You still haven't explain why someone like Johnny would be a bitch, you just said what would happen if he was... But not why is he a bitch? Elaborate.

Why elaborate? It's very obvious. lol VERY.

Johnny was a little girl who got to the top by giving handjobs to the other bikers. Then they all went to prison or died, so the hand job/coffee gitter became "presidente". :lol:

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

Johnny was a little girl who got to the top by giving handjobs to the other bikers. Then they all went to prison or died, so the hand job/coffee gitter became "presidente". :lol:

No, you're just trolling. You have no valid facts on why Johnny was a pussy. GOOD DAY SIR! 

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

Still not seeing examples from the Lost DLC.

Sometimes I think that 80% of the people calling Johnny a bitch just watched Rockstar's little cutscene and didn't even play the DLC. In fact, I know so, because the DLCs weren't nearly as popular as the base game, for whatever reason.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Anyway on topic. Johnny Klebitz should've been Trevor's final boss and Franklin would've made the decision to set him up with the Lost, or give Trevor the location of Klebitz whereabouts. And if you killed Trevor, you would be able to play as Johnny and do a few missions for The Lost.

• nobum62 likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Anyway on topic. Johnny Klebitz should've been Trevor's final boss and Franklin would've made the decision to set him up with the Lost, or give Trevor the location of Klebitz whereabouts. And if you killed Trevor, you would be able to play as Johnny and do a few missions for The Lost.

I do think Johnny's brother is going to do something for some reason. I don't know why. He's completely lawful in every way, but for some reason I think the death of Johnny is going to drive him to join the Lost.

• nobum62 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Michael "Mikey" Klebitz is the older brother of Johnny Klebitz. Born in 1971, he's a 37-year old Captain in the U.S. Army or the U.S. Marine Corps serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He's going to be sucked into crime, he has the experience.

• nobum62 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 30 October 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Spoiler

Explain.

No, you're just trolling. You have no valid facts on why Johnny was a pussy. GOOD DAY SIR! 

I'm not trolling. Based on the many polls here, and from other websites, it is an almost unanimous agreement that Johnny Klebitz is a little girl and it would be a joke had R* had Trevor, or anyone else doing jobs for that wannabe. That's laughable. Johnny got owned. Get over it and move on. He is not coming back and I seriously doubt that R* will ever consider something like that again. He was an epic fail and a joke. All the evidence is there and not for you to try and distort or dispute. He might've been an ok pizza delivery guy or something though. Maybe a cashier at WalMart.

The leader of a BIker gang?? Gimme a break!! lolololololol

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Michael "Mikey" Klebitz is the older brother of Johnny Klebitz. Born in 1971, he's a 37-year old Captain in the U.S. Army or the U.S. Marine Corps serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He's going to be sucked into crime, he has the experience.

Ashley said something would happen to ron and trevor on ron's lifeinvader.. Although we know what happened with her, there's still the fact that she could have informed anybody who knew johnny. You can run her over, but it's canon she survives until the crackhouse event.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm not trolling. Based on the many polls here, and from other websites, it is an almost unanimous agreement that Johnny Klebitz is a little girl and it would be a joke had R* had Trevor, or anyone else doing jobs for that wannabe. That's laughable. Johnny got owned. Get over it and move on. He is not coming back and I seriously doubt that R* will ever consider something like that again. He was an epic fail and a joke. All the evidence is their and not for you to try and distort or dispute. He might've been an ok pizza delivery guy or something though. Maybe a cashier at WalMart.

You've still mentioned no events. Justin bieber has done many a sh*tty thing, and most teenage girls still like him. Popular opinion means nothing.

• nobum62 and SwingingSpidey like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

He's obviously a troll.

• nobum62 likes this

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

As Trevor's final boss instead of just

Spoiler
like an idiot... I feel like the could've used The Lost a lot more into the story than just the f*cking beginning, did they rush it too much and decided just to kill of Johnny?? Or did Rockstar just wanted to prove how much of a badass Trevor was by single-handily kill The Lost? It would've definitely been a better story than f*cking Devon...

I didn't even like Johnny, but the way they treated his character was extremely horrid writing. The Lost and Damned died at the end of that DLC. Johnny left behind his past, he showed promise. But instead of getting his business together, Rockstar decided to move him, and the entire DEAD Lost and Damned crew out in the rear end of nowhere for some reason. Luis and Tony would've made a lot more sense to make a cameo in this game, because L.A. has a pretty decent nightlife from what I've seen.

Actually the lost had more than one chapter, the los Santos chapter was certainly mentioned in tlad, so it kinda makes sense that they went there afterwards.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

He's obviously a troll.

You obviously have a crush on little Johnny for some reason , and that's ok, but to try and convince people that he was a bad ass, important, or anything great makes you seem delusional. I'm just being realistic here. What about Johnny Klebitz makes him your number 1 hero?? WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?? Explain.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Reshe, 30 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

He's obviously a troll.

You obviously have a crush on little Johnny for some reason , and that's ok, but to try and convince people that he was a bad ass, important, or anything great makes you seem delusional. I'm just being realistic here. What about Johnny Klebitz makes him your number 1 hero?? WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?? Explain.

He has sense and reason. A badass biker with a mind. He was also a part of a brotherhood. And I guess it just felt good using the sawed off shotgun on random people driving by. He also felt like a 21st century John Marston.

• nobum62 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

All I'm saying was that the cutscene was poorly written and he was out of character and if they were going to use him in the plot it could've been something better than that. I guess the over-rushed it. 

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

"Come over here and lick my *BANANA BREAD*!"

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 30 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

It's good to see even more people are outraged by this poor writing move.

I've made another futile rant here: http://gtaforums.com...spoilers/page-7

Already 20k views and many passionate replies, that should tell Rockstar something.

You should read the post I've linked, a lot of great discussion has arisen ATTEMPTING (but ultimately coming to no good justification) on rationalizing Johnny's death.

Why was his death such bullsh*t?

- It completely broke character. Johnny went through the ultimate journey of maturity; abandoning his junkie girlfriend WHO HE LOVED but KNEW she was bad for him and the club, losing his best friends to gang and drug violence, having to storm a government facility to kill his childhood friend and former mentor, and burning down his house and effectively his club and livlihood he literally killed to keep together, not for himself, but for his brothers.

- It was a lazy, half-assed, poorly writted way to kill off a PROTAGONIST. "What about Vic Vance?" Vic Vance first appeared in Vice City as a meaningless, two-dimensional nobody, but reappeared as a valiant and complex individual. Johnny was presented as a valiant and complex individual, and killed as a meaningless, tw-dimensional nobody.

Could we have not had a fight between the two? Johnny, the man who stormed Alderny State Correctional and killed several dozen fully trained SWAT officers, died hugging it out with the man who f*cked his girlfriend? (Whom of which he would never have gotten back together with if his character remained from IV.) I mean, the player model of Johnny still has a f*cking "Vice President" patch on his cut. You could argue they're leaving room for a president DLC, but more than likely, the models and writers were shown "here's a picture biker from the last game, and here's a girl he would f*ck, just kill them both or something."

- There was no need to bring him back. If they wanted to and they did it respectfully, I, as well as the several thousand other fans of TLaD, would have found that amazing. But what did they do? "Drugs are bad, guys! Don't do them! (Or maybe do speed instead of meth, look at what a badass Trevor is for doing speed!) To quote another poster,

"It would have been akin to have an ambulance arriving and reviving Victor Vance, but on the way back to the hospital the ambulance goes off route and flips upside down and crash and burn and explodes. It's overkill."

- It left a real sour taste or even completely RUINED Trevor as a playable character. The typical insipid gamer who could care less for a story were bought off with the novelty "lol hes a psychopath in his underwear lol." Trevor (IN MY OPINION) is a bad character to begin with. His personality was very inconsistant. He was the sane, moral authority with the minute-men, the psychotic individual in the story missions but one who could comprehensively plan and accomplish tasks, or just bat-sh*t insane "rampage" missions. Killing off three of my main characters was enough to make me HATE Trevor (who had far more game content than Michael and a bit more than Franklin open to him, unfortunately) him being just an egotistical, selfish asshole who abused the sh*t out of likeable Lester, Wade, Michael, Ron, and even Floyd were not going to redeem him. He's just a big cry-baby who isn't satisfied until he's handed a bigger lolipop.

- Terry and Clay? Seriously? Talk about f*cking overkill. These were our only "friends" surviving the end of TLaD (excluding Angus), and they weren't even dignified with a cutscene death, just a ram with a truck... They were fully developed, loyal, personalities that we were told to love in IV, and not give a sh*t about in V.

- What purpose did it serve killing them or Johnny? People who LIKED The Lost and Damned have had Trevor and their favorite story RUINED for them. People who DIDN'T KNOW OF of DIDN'T LIKE The Lost and Damned were probably just passing off Johnny as any other character, thus ruining the argument that R* did this to introduce the radical nature of Trevor with a bang. Why not kill Joe-Jon? The AoD Road Captain. We were taught to hate the AoD in TLaD. We were told the AoD are a so. Cal MC opperating out of San Fierro and Los Santos. Player who knew of TLaD would have known who Joe-Jon was, so it was a fun nod to them, but they would either be impartial or satisfied to see Joe-Jon's head stomped in. The same effect of Johnny's death would apply to those who didn't know about Joe-Jon.

- It ruined good story possibilities. You'd think with things out there like that Sons of Anarchy show that there's a good player base fond of the So. Cal MC scene, or the whole 1%er club idea in general.

In fact, there is. There's tons of MCs advertising on the forums and social clubs, same with Mafias. Though mafias and MCs are a good part of GTA's world, and the community, this game ONLY panders to the San Andreas fans who love their sagging pants and shooting each other for wearing purple or green.

Additionally, a war between the AoD and the Lost would have made an excellent transition to the desert; random events of chopper riders shooting at chopper riders on the freeway? Amazing, it'd make the world feel so much more alive, and be a good nod to TLaD's story. But nah, too much work, right, Rockstar? Thanks for like, the three planes, yoga, and Grove Street, bestist feechurs 2013.

Sorry this is such a crushing wall of text, but I'm REALLY pissed off by the ordeal. Rockstar has such a large and diverse player base, and V on a whole really only cators to one section of that, the San Andreas players who cared more about planes, Grove Street, and other dumb gimmicks than a real story. (Not to knock San Andreas as a game itself, it was quite revolutionary and I loved it, though its story and atmosphere will never trump that of IV, it's episodes, or Vice City.)

Make sure to check out my post. Long live Johnny K: killed 2013 by poor writting. Lost, but not forgotten.

• saintsrow, FearTheLiving, Neo Arcadia and 2 others like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

"Come over here and lick my *BANANA BREAD*!"

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Spoiler

Explain.

Someone watching too much Sons of Anarchy, eh? Or whatever your faggy biker soap opera is.

As someone who lived and interacted with Chicago Outlaws 1%er MC a good deal of his life, you'd know what the "real" biker is.

You rarely run into the tough guy assholes. People are like Johnny: head-strong, devoted to their club and their brothers, and take everything with a pinch of salt.

So if Johnny died because he was a "pussy", what about Terry and Clay? They sometimes exhibited the "f*ck you" attitude more than Johnny, but they died running with their tails between their legs. Why? POOR WRITING.

Rockstar probably didn't care for TLaD themselves, or realize their fans who care about dynamic story and characters are unfortunately in the minority to the two-dimensional schmucks who relish blowing things up while wearing a dress.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by Reshe, 30 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

It's good to see even more people are outraged by this poor writing move.

I've made another futile rant here: http://gtaforums.com...spoilers/page-7

Already 20k views and many passionate replies, that should tell Rockstar something.

You should read the post I've linked, a lot of great discussion has arisen ATTEMPTING (but ultimately coming to no good justification) on rationalizing Johnny's death.

Why was his death such bullsh*t?

- It completely broke character. Johnny went through the ultimate journey of maturity; abandoning his junkie girlfriend WHO HE LOVED but KNEW she was bad for him and the club, losing his best friends to gang and drug violence, having to storm a government facility to kill his childhood friend and former mentor, and burning down his house and effectively his club and livlihood he literally killed to keep together, not for himself, but for his brothers.

- It was a lazy, half-assed, poorly writted way to kill off a PROTAGONIST. "What about Vic Vance?" Vic Vance first appeared in Vice City as a meaningless, two-dimensional nobody, but reappeared as a valiant and complex individual. Johnny was presented as a valiant and complex individual, and killed as a meaningless, tw-dimensional nobody.

Could we have not had a fight between the two? Johnny, the man who stormed Alderny State Correctional and killed several dozen fully trained SWAT officers, died hugging it out with the man who f*cked his girlfriend? (Whom of which he would never have gotten back together with if his character remained from IV.) I mean, the player model of Johnny still has a f*cking "Vice President" patch on his cut. You could argue they're leaving room for a president DLC, but more than likely, the models and writers were shown "here's a picture biker from the last game, and here's a girl he would f*ck, just kill them both or something."

- There was no need to bring him back. If they wanted to and they did it respectfully, I, as well as the several thousand other fans of TLaD, would have found that amazing. But what did they do? "Drugs are bad, guys! Don't do them! (Or maybe do speed instead of meth, look at what a badass Trevor is for doing speed!) To quote another poster,

"It would have been akin to have an ambulance arriving and reviving Victor Vance, but on the way back to the hospital the ambulance goes off route and flips upside down and crash and burn and explodes. It's overkill."

- It left a real sour taste or even completely RUINED Trevor as a playable character. The typical insipid gamer who could care less for a story were bought off with the novelty "lol hes a psychopath in his underwear lol." Trevor (IN MY OPINION) is a bad character to begin with. His personality was very inconsistant. He was the sane, moral authority with the minute-men, the psychotic individual in the story missions but one who could comprehensively plan and accomplish tasks, or just bat-sh*t insane "rampage" missions. Killing off three of my main characters was enough to make me HATE Trevor (who had far more game content than Michael and a bit more than Franklin open to him, unfortunately) him being just an egotistical, selfish asshole who abused the sh*t out of likeable Lester, Wade, Michael, Ron, and even Floyd were not going to redeem him. He's just a big cry-baby who isn't satisfied until he's handed a bigger lolipop.

- Terry and Clay? Seriously? Talk about f*cking overkill. These were our only "friends" surviving the end of TLaD (excluding Angus), and they weren't even dignified with a cutscene death, just a ram with a truck... They were fully developed, loyal, personalities that we were told to love in IV, and not give a sh*t about in V.

- What purpose did it serve killing them or Johnny? People who LIKED The Lost and Damned have had Trevor and their favorite story RUINED for them. People who DIDN'T KNOW OF of DIDN'T LIKE The Lost and Damned were probably just passing off Johnny as any other character, thus ruining the argument that R* did this to introduce the radical nature of Trevor with a bang. Why not kill Joe-Jon? The AoD Road Captain. We were taught to hate the AoD in TLaD. We were told the AoD are a so. Cal MC opperating out of San Fierro and Los Santos. Player who knew of TLaD would have known who Joe-Jon was, so it was a fun nod to them, but they would either be impartial or satisfied to see Joe-Jon's head stomped in. The same effect of Johnny's death would apply to those who didn't know about Joe-Jon.

- It ruined good story possibilities. You'd think with things out there like Sons of Anarchy that there's a good player base fond of the So. Cal MC scene, or the whole 1%er club idea in general.

In fact, there is. There's tons of MCs advertising on the forums and social clubs, same with Mafias. Though mafias and MCs are a good part of GTA's world, and the community, this game ONLY panders to the San Andreas fans who love their sagging pants and shooting each other for wearing purple or green.

Additionally, a war between the AoD and the Lost would have made an excellent transition to the desert; random events of chopper riders shooting at chopper riders on the freeway? Amazing, it'd make the world feel so much more alive, and be a good nod to TLaD's story. But nah, too much work, right, Rockstar? Thanks for like, the three planes, yoga, and Grove Street, bestist feechurs 2013.

Sorry this is such a crushing wall of text, but I'm REALLY pissed off by the ordeal. Rockstar has such a large and diverse player base, and V on a whole really only cators to one section of that, the San Andreas players who cared more about planes, Grove Street, and other dumb gimmicks than a real story. (Not to knock San Andreas as a game itself, it was quite revolutionary and I loved it, though its story and atmosphere will never trump that of IV, it's episodes, or Vice City.)

Make sure to check out my post. Long live Johnny K: killed 2013 by poor writting. Lost, but not forgotten.

You put the feeling in words my friend.

Especially terry and clay. Feels like they just did it to do it. Too much of a coincidence that all three were killed at the exact same time, it breaks the story and certainly detracts from GTA V. It is nothing more than bad writing. Terry and clay died as random nameless Lost NPCs. Trevor as a character is just dumb. Too unrealistic, even for a GTA game.

I have to say that in my entire life, I have not experienced such horrible abominationing of a story since George Lucas decided to make the star wars the clone wars 3d cartoon, the bluray changes, and above all selling it to disney.

• nobum62 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I wonder how people would've felt had it been CJ that got killed by Trevor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users