Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why didn't they use Johnny Klebitz as....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

As Trevor's final boss instead of just

Spoiler
like an idiot... I feel like the could've used The Lost a lot more into the story than just the f*cking beginning, did they rush it too much and decided just to kill of Johnny?? Or did Rockstar just wanted to prove how much of a badass Trevor was by single-handily kill The Lost? It would've definitely been a better story than f*cking Devon...

• F4L?, lol232, UltraGizmo64 and 7 others like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Maybe they felt the characters from 4 had weakness and wanted to make a point that they where pulling back away from that character model.

• catney11 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

What weaknesses did they have that the GTA V characters don't have?

• latigreblue, theGTAking101 and Drunken Cowboy like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Well, it clear when it comes to johnny and his personality.. Luis would get killed eventually most likely by defending toni that or his weakness for random women lol, Niko was his own worst weakness, he seemed to have an inability to cope with his own actions.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Oh yeah? Well, what about Michael's weakness for being selfish, backstabbin, liar, or Trevor's with his uncontrollable temper, and pre-teen emotional problems?? I'm pretty sure those are weaknesses too.

• MC., UltraGizmo64 and nobum62 like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by spamtackey, 28 October 2013 - 05:32 AM.

They did it for shock value I believe. Nothing more nothing less. It was something we wouldn't see coming and it would clearly send the message: This is no longer GTA IV. Old characters don't matter.

• baskerwil, 93Sean93, MagzGTA and 3 others like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Oh yeah? Well, what about Michael's weakness for being selfish, backstabbin, liar, or Trevor's with his uncontrollable temper, and pre-teen emotional problems?? I'm pretty sure those are weaknesses too.

Michael really didn't backstab anyone in the cannon story, his venture underground understandable.. Michael would more have a weakness when it comes to his family which seems to more make him get "old school" then anything.  Trevors uncontrollable temper seems to be more of a strength in his case though in the long run drug addiction will most likely take Trevor down lol
Now take in contrast Tommy Vercitti, when Ken calls him he ignores the call because he knows ken a weak link.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

BULLsh*t!

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Michael really didn't backstab anyone in the cannon story, his venture underground understandable.. Michael would more have a weakness when it comes to his family which seems to more make him get "old school" then anything.  Trevors uncontrollable temper seems to be more of a strength in his case though in the long run drug addiction will most likely take Trevor down lol
Now take in contrast Tommy Vercitti, when Ken calls him he ignores the call because he knows ken a weak link.

"...in the canon storyline"??? What the hell are you saying, we should just disregard the entire opening and background to the events of the game? Seems legit

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I know right. He clearly lied.  Your logic is flawed Volk.

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

As Trevor's final boss instead of just

Spoiler
like an idiot... I feel like the could've used The Lost a lot more into the story than just the f*cking beginning, did they rush it too much and decided just to kill of Johnny?? Or did Rockstar just wanted to prove how much of a badass Trevor was by single-handily kill The Lost? It would've definitely been a better story than f*cking Devon...

I didn't even like Johnny, but the way they treated his character was extremely horrid writing. The Lost and Damned died at the end of that DLC. Johnny left behind his past, he showed promise. But instead of getting his business together, Rockstar decided to move him, and the entire DEAD Lost and Damned crew out in the rear end of nowhere for some reason. Luis and Tony would've made a lot more sense to make a cameo in this game, because L.A. has a pretty decent nightlife from what I've seen.

• F4L?, nobum62 and ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings like this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

They did it to show off how crazy Trevor really is, Trevor didn't 

Spoiler
because he disliked him he did it because he got into a rage after seeing what was on the news about michael

• Cakelover21 likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Maybe they felt the characters from 4 had weakness and wanted to make a point that they where pulling back away from that character model.

I think that some people in Rockstar thought the TLOD story was kind of weak and forced.  I didn't see a lot of rationale or depth behind it.  So the treatment of Johnny, and the biker culture in GTAV in general, was perhaps meant to be symbolic of Rockstar's disdain for the whole biker story concept. 

Touche' :^: :colgate:

They did it for shock value I believe. Nothing more nothing less. It was something we wouldn't see coming and it would clearly send the message: This is no longer GTA IV. Old characters don't matter.

Yep, I think that was a big reason. 

• nobum62 likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Yes i agree it was a wasted Storyline Opportunity it was just one of many Disappointments In The Mediocre Storyline. 

• saintsrow, nobum62, CharlesManson855 and 1 other like this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Well, it clear when it comes to johnny and his personality.. Luis would get killed eventually most likely by defending toni that or his weakness for random women lol, Niko was his own worst weakness, he seemed to have an inability to cope with his own actions.

Plus, Nikos family. Just wanted to mention that. At the end, he was hellbent on getting revenge, as a result of either choice.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

I just wish they'd given us Brucie to kill, someone else could have been used to sell testosterone in Online...

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I just wish they'd given us Brucie to kill, someone else could have been used to sell testosterone in Online...

Amen to that.  :^: In GTA IV, when you could go to Brucie for minigames, I sometimes just went there to shoot him.  But he always came back. 

Rockstar actually purposely put similarly annoying assholes in GTAV (e.g., Devin Weston, the paparazzi guy) who spewed out self-absorbed bullsh*t platitudes / attitudes.  At least we got the pleasure of killing them in the game.  :colgate:

• RowanSane likes this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Rockstar confirmed PC version cancelled.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Johnny was a f*cking pussy, both in IV and especially V.

Deal with it.

• AtomicPunk, TaviColen123, Cakelover21 and 1 other like this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

"...in the canon storyline"??? What the hell are you saying, we should just disregard the entire opening and background to the events of the game? Seems legit

You have to take into account that every single person in the story worked with the cops when they had to lol

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

I thought was Johnny was awesome. The way he was pissed on and turned into a skinny methhead still makes me cringe.
  • F4L?, Deadly Target, AdjutantShepard and 3 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yeah I agree with this, it seems it was the most likely reason. 

Johnny was a bit of pussy for real, he won't be missed by me for sure. I preferred Luis over him. 

• AtomicPunk likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by Reshe, 30 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.

mrisi05.jpg

On a serious note though, the DLC Characters were really something. Better than the original game. Just feels like it sucks so much to be without Johnny. My opinion is that the Lost dlc ended with a dwindle of flame, and the BoGT dlc ended with a bang. Felt so perfect. Made me feel for the characters. I preferred the Lost dlc only 1% better, but the entire thing would be incomplete without both.

Johnny liked to ride bikes, hit people with baseball bats, shotgun them in the face, and sticking it to AoD pricks. Then he invaded a federal prison, just because he thinks someone might snitch. I don't know, anyone calling Johnny a pussy needs to sort of match up before they can complain about him being a bitch.

• Blingy, F4L?, AdjutantShepard and 5 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, I can see IV heroes have their own weaknesses and so do the V's. However, I don't really see Franklin's. He's all about rising to the top and neutral and maybe that's why in the end, Michael's main protagonist spotlight is taken over.

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Amen to that.  :^: In GTA IV, when you could go to Brucie for minigames, I sometimes just went there to shoot him.  But he always came back. 

Rockstar actually purposely put similarly annoying assholes in GTAV (e.g., Devin Weston, the paparazzi guy) who spewed out self-absorbed bullsh*t platitudes / attitudes.  At least we got the pleasure of killing them in the game.  :colgate:

Spoiler tags dude.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Reshe, 30 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Spoiler tags dude.

It's common sense to not go on a GTA V forum about GTA V with a thread that says Johnny Klebitz and to expect spoilers.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 30 October 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Spoiler

It's just too bad that we didn't get to set Brucie on fire too.

• GTAboob likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I thought was Johnny was awesome. The way he was pissed on and turned into a skinny methhead still makes me cringe.

Well you can blame that all on Ashley. If it weren't for her, Johnny probably wouldn't have had to become a methhead.

• Alvarez likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Spoiler

Glad to know in the real biker world, Johnny would have been laughed at for completely wrecking a well-defended prison to silence a snitch for his brothers.

• Blingy, PaletoChickenCapo, ActionBronson and 4 others like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Rockstar confirmed PC version cancelled.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Spoiler

Glad to know in the real biker world, Johnny would have been laughed at for completely wrecking a well-defended prison to silence a snitch for his brothers.

Sure, they'd stop by his grave and laugh.

• Nurkic likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Spoiler

Sure, they'd stop by his grave and laugh.

What are you trying to get at? That bikers respect fake toughness over the lives of their brothers?

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users