Photo

can we customize our apartments

26 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

i recently got my first apartment (one of the low end $83,000) can we change furniture or appliances??

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

I have the 400k one with a garage full of super cars, and am disappointed in the decor.

poedgirl
  • poedgirl

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

No, you can not customise apartments at all. A feature one would expect, but is sorely lacking.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

No, you can not customise apartments at all. A feature one would expect, but is sorely lacking.

One we'd expect for a 14.99 DLC :(

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

i would have loved if it had an option to go to a furniture or appliance store choose this and that and have them send what you bought to your apartment.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

So.. aprantley one is too expect full furniture and real estate customization on the level of the sims in a video game based around doing outrageously random missions, death matches and robbing stores?
....what?

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

Are you kidding? You can buy all same exact clothing in every store whether it's ponsbys or discount. And you really think they'd have places to buy furniture and decor? I love the game but that's just a bit more than anyone should expect from R*

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

So.. aprantley one is too expect full furniture and real estate customization on the level of the sims in a video game based around doing outrageously random missions, death matches and robbing stores?
....what?

Exactly! Lol
  • stevean2 likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

why not??

it would add a little personal touch.

poedgirl
  • poedgirl

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

I really hate the "OMG GO PLAY THE SIMS" crowd. Seriously, have you even played that game?

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I really hate the "OMG GO PLAY THE SIMS" crowd. Seriously, have you even played that game?

I bet you're one of the people who overhyped this game with insane features and got pissed off at rockstar that they weren't in game. right?

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Trust me I'm not one of those people by any means. But there's already so much in this game as far as attention to detail goes, that certain things just can't be hoped for or expected in this portion of it.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Are you kidding? You can buy all same exact clothing in every store whether it's ponsbys or discount. And you really think they'd have places to buy furniture and decor? I love the game but that's just a bit more than anyone should expect from R*

Guess we should all go play Saints Row then because it doesn't seem that they have any problem with it

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I think they should at least give you a couple packages to choose from, like from high end or modern etc. Really just a choice even of color schemes would be nice.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Really don't think there's too much room for them to add features like this, sadly.

Bandwidth, disk space, etc.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Guess we should all go play Saints Row then because it doesn't seem that they have any problem with it

Yeah they let you customize things in your crib but only so much there too. Tho they do let you go and get plastic surgery if you all the sudden decide that you don't like how your character looks. If they could just combine the best stuff from both games, I dunno I think everyone would be happy....ok most of us would be happy lol

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

....what?

So why have the apartment choices in-game at all though? The only functional use is the heist room, which is only available in the higher end apartments, and could of been done differently if that's all RS wanted them to be used for. It could be argued, therefore, by your definition, that garages, apartments, clothes stores, hairdressers, and any other form of customization, shouldn't be in the game. It could also be argued, a fair bit more convincingly, that RS have plans other than what we know of for the apartments, and customization would be the top of the list for most people.

There is ZERO reason for anyone to be against apartment customization. If you don't like it, don't get involved dude.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

What they should've atleast done is change our apartments around for us every other set of levels. Like in Vice City Tommy's places of living changed as the game progressed and got deeper into the story. Had garbage bags and beer bottles and pizza boxes and other stuff accumulating all over. So atleast it looked like someone was living there.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

think r* will add this in the future.

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

....what?

Well, the expensive ones come with a heist room. So, clearly R* is implying that the apartment actually has usefulness.

And honestly, the fact that all the the high-end apartments have the same exact layout and the exact same furniture and color. Same can be said about all low end, and etcetera.  That's a bit of a lazy design by R* if I do say so. Atleast change the color scheme, not through an exact replica at us of each scale apartment.

poedgirl
  • poedgirl

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

....what?

The real question is: Why not?

Customisation in online games is kinda expected now days and people tend to really stick around when a game has deep customisation. Take APB as an example. Nothing comes close to it in terms of customisation. If only GTAO had the same level, it would be an amazing game.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

....what?

The real question is: Why not?

Customisation in online games is kinda expected now days and people tend to really stick around when a game has deep customisation. Take APB as an example. Nothing comes close to it in terms of customisation. If only GTAO had the same level, it would be an amazing game.

Half of APB's customization would do me on consoles tbh - the other half is more than made up by the difference in gameplay quality. Not quite sure how much the current infrastructure (servers, consoles) could handle, but any improvement would be great.

Can see it happening down the track if people stick with the game long enough.

Hotsnshots
  • Hotsnshots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'd have to assume some modder will put that in on the PC version but... I don't see that happening for console versions unfortunately.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

....what?

So why have the apartment choices in-game at all though? The only functional use is the heist room, which is only available in the higher end apartments, and could of been done differently if that's all RS wanted them to be used for. It could be argued, therefore, by your definition, that garages, apartments, clothes stores, hairdressers, and any other form of customization, shouldn't be in the game. It could also be argued, a fair bit more convincingly, that RS have plans other than what we know of for the apartments, and customization would be the top of the list for most people.

There is ZERO reason for anyone to be against apartment customization. If you don't like it, don't get involved dude.

Cause a saferoom is exactly that. A Saferoom. It can serve multi purposes.
Chilling instead of running around in the open being killed by higher levels for no reason constantly.
Can serve as an "achivement"
Can serve as gang meeting places untill Rockstar take the suggestion for Gang hideout buildings.
and of course. To brag about your wealth.
Aswell as other things.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

If you want to customize your apartment, The Sims is that way ----->

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

these guys are lying to you.

you can totally drop cigs and candy boxes all over your apartment.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

i would have loved if it had an option to go to a furniture or appliance store choose this and that and have them send what you bought to your apartment.

I'd swear fasting that R* said we would be able to have this feature back when they gave us a sneak peak at online for the first time. It was in the vid that came after the SP one. Link's got to be on R* site somewhere....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users