Photo

3 character system sucks imo...

40 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

I don't agree, I thought towards the end of the story was quite intense, that tells me that I made a connection with the characters. I actually felt quite bad for Trevor.

youre talking about different connection. what i meant was, that the characters you are playing with doesnt feel like "your own" characters, like it does in SA for example

I think the idea is that from now on, your Online char is supposed to be "that" connection... The progtags are more of a general connection, like your fav movie protags, as opposed to your fav book protag (your version of them ofc).

OA99
  • OA99

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by OA99, 28 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

I get where you're coming from, but due to the three character system you could create so many different situations.

Like how you might be a ground unit while another is in the air, pointing out enemies and then you switch to the other guy and take them down manually. This sort of gameplay is unique and few games have it. The ones that do, such as Dragon Age 2 are, to me, fantastic. The three-character story would normally be rubbish and crappy but the fact that then the stories intertwine together is what makes it much more immersive in my opinion. 

Here's a simple equation.

Protagonist = Immersive

ProtagonistProtagonist*2 = Protagonist3

Basically, if one protagonist is immersive, then due to the story intertwining their seperate stories together instead of just adding up the "protagonist" value you multiply them together making it much better in my opinion.

NewDilemma
  • NewDilemma

King Guy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by NewDilemma, 28 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Trevor says " You people are not very nice"

Micheal says " Hey young chop, you gotta retire from the old ways and adopt new"

Franklyn " Hell sh*t....i agree with you men"

Lamar " Meeennnn Cj....was the best....Grove street my n3gg5.....one man army...cgf fo life"

well 3 against 1.................so 3 protagonist we say  :miranda:

NewDilemma
  • NewDilemma

King Guy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Trevor says " You people are not very nice"

Micheal says " Hey young chop, you gotta retire from the old ways and adopt new"

Franklyn " Hell sh*t....i agree with you men"

Lamar " Meeennnn Cj....was the best....Grove street my n3gg5.....one man army...cgf fo life"

well 3 against 1.................so 3 protagonist we say  :miranda:

see what i did there

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'd like two protag's who never meet or know each other. Just two different worlds. But one is good too and totally more immersive. The 3 protag idea was cool at first for me, but IDK. It wore thin, quick. Especially when you can't really connect to any of them.

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

1 is better and doesnt waste processing power. Think about it why switch characters when later on DLC may come out and you can play the story from another point of view and get into it. I was amazed about how things came together in IV. With Luiz and Niko doing the deal. I liked that more than having to switch characters when i didnt want to.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Too bad that they not developed a three player co-op story...

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

i Think it's a nice change, and we will finally realize it when single player dlc comes out, giving unique activities to each protagonist

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

i Think it's a nice change, and we will finally realize it when single player dlc comes out, giving unique activities to each protagonist

yeah see, the major problems i had with iv dlc and V's three protags is that not everyone could do the same thing.

i would have liked to buy ANY clothing or business with whatever protag I wish. gta iv was annoying because i liked niko but liked the vehicles and weapons added to tlad...

The next game should have a more focused two protag storyline, I think it would turn out better.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by ThatGr, 31 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

I agree. I wouldn't have been too bothered if the game forced one or even all the characters but Franklin to die.

On GTA 4 I would have been mortified if Niko died, and I was when I found out Roman did at one ending. I also connected with Luis just as much.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

I'd like two protag's who never meet or know each other. Just two different worlds. But one is good too and totally more immersive. The 3 protag idea was cool at first for me, but IDK. It wore thin, quick. Especially when you can't really connect to any of them.

That's how I feel too. A great concept, but I feel like I'm a shape shifter (Supernatural reference) more than playing in someone's shoes and feeling what they feel which is why I think Niko is the best protagonist ever.
  • AtomicPunk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users