Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV to V Chracter Cross-Overs: MAJOR SPOILERS!

37 replies to this topic
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 17 March 2014 - 10:27 PM.

As the title says, major spoilers all the way through this with regards to V’s plot, so if you haven’t played it yet to completion, close this thread now!

Does anyone remember this IGN interview with Dan Houser?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/gta-v-burning-questions-answered

Specifically, the question that interested me was “Will we see characters from GTA IV show up in GTA V?”. As many of you will now know, the first sentence in the answer was a complete and utter lie! Not that I’m complaining, because that particular inclusion made me smile on a number of occasions.

Anyway, the bottom line is a lot of Characters from the IV series (including EFLC) re-surface in Los Santos – and some who do not appear are referenced, some major, some minor. I thought it might be an idea to start a thread to keep track of what has happened to some of our favourite players in the R* GTA universe. I’ve 100% completed the game, so I think I’ve picked up on most of them, although please feel free to fill me in if I’ve missed something.

I’ve added a Status as to whether a character from IV can be confirmed as Alive or Dead at the end of the V story line, or Unknown if either is possible. Note that if killing a character is possible, but would result in a mission failure, I take that to mean they are “Alive”.

Al Di Napoli

Al Di Napoli appears in the strangers and freaks mission with his own name “Vinewood Souvenirs Al Di Napoli”, where he is kidnapped by Trevor at the behest of the completely loopy elderly British tourists, Nigel and Mrs Thornhill. In the follow up mission “Vinewood Souvenirs The Last Act”, Al can either be killed by Trevor (as a result of being locked in the trunk of a car that is hit by a train), or can be spared with the promise of a bribe.

Ashley Butler

Appears in GTA V, how shall we put this, being “serviced” by Trevor in the opening cut scene for “Mr Phillips”. Immediately after the cut scene, the player as Trevor can kill Ashley if desired. Interestingly enough, either way, a radio station news bulletin will later announce that Ashley Butler died in a drug fuelled orgy with 4 middle aged men up in Paleto Bay.

Clay Simmons:

First seen in the cut scene for “Mr Phillips” where Trevor arrives to inform the Lost of JK’s demise. He is killed by Trevor – either in the ensuing chase, or when they arrive at the camp.

Johnny Klebitz

Probably one of the most dramatic scenes in the GTA universe, our ex-protagonist ###### having his head literally kicked in by our new protagonist Trevor in the opening cut scene for “Mr Phillips”. Perhaps unsurprisingly, his real downfall was arguably his obsession with Ashley Bulter – in many way his addiction to her mirroring her addition to crystal meth.

Kerry McIntosh

Kerry appears in “Vinewood Souvenirs Kerry” where Trevor is requested to steal her pet dog’s collar for Nigel and Mrs Thornhill.

Marnie Allen

Somewhat predictably, Marnie seems to have swapped her heroin addiction for religious brainwashing, having been indoctrinated into the Epsilon cult. She will give Michael DeSanta various tasks to complete before he gets to meet Chris Formage (and the opportunity to steal a big wedge of cash from him).

Michelle/Karen

Seen interrogating “Mr K” in the IAA building before Michael De Santa breaks through the Window in a cut scene for the mission “Three’s Company”. She quickly runs off at that point, I’ve so far been unable to confirm whether it is possible to snipe her with Franklin if you are quick enough, but it appears she gets out alive.

Patrick McReary:

Found by the Dollar Pills store in Strawberry attempting to do a job but lacking a getaway vehicle. Packie can accompany our new protagonists as crew on all of the heists. It appears he will not die on any of them, so it seems likely he is still alive (and possibly a lot richer if he is part of the gang that hits the Union Depository). However, as pointed out by Darth_Starkiller it is possible if Trevor finds him he can be taken to the Altruist cult, making his potential fate uncertain for now.

Poppy Mitchell:

Appears in Franklin’s missions the paparazzi photographer Beverley, first in “Papparazo The Sex” tape, where she is filmed in a somewhat compromising position and will give chase to Franklin in her car. The next time she appears is in the follow up mission “Papparazo The Meltdown”, where she is arrested by the police for drink driving.

Rocco Pelosi:

Appears to have switched a career in the Mafia for one as a show biz agent, and we first hear that he is trying to persuade an actor and director to pull out of Solomon Richard’s film Meltdown. However, as soon as Michel De Santa starts working for Solomon, he first beats up Rocco, and then kills him in the second encounter when he refuses to back down in “The Ballard of Rocco”.

Terry Thorpe:

First seen in the cut scene for “Mr Phillips” where Trevor arrives to inform the Lost of JK’s demise. He is killed by Trevor – either in the ensuing chase, or when the arrive at the camp.

United Liberty Paper Man:

Niko’s shadowy chain smoking friend is revealed as an IAA agent. He first appears in a cutscene after the GTA V protagonist hit the Humane Research Labs in “Monkey Business”, clearly unconvinced by agent Haines’ play acting. He appears second in the “Wrap Up” to arrest Michael DeSanta and his FIB handlers, although things go badly wrong when another group of FIB and Merryweather show up. In the mission he is a killable character who will attack Michael. It seems likely he dies there, however it is possible to progress without killing him by moving to the next marker, so we cannot be certain.

Off Screen Characters

Billy Grey:

As pointed out by Drunken Cowboy, Billy is mentioned in conversation during "Friends Reunited" by some Lost Biker members while Trevor is moving stealthily through their camp. The reference is generally positive, implying that the wider Lost (outside the Alderney Chapter) were unaware of his treachery in TLAD.

Brucie Kibbutz:

Although he doesn’t appear in person, Brucie will call you in GTA Online to say he can sell you Bull shark Testosterone. I haven’t tried it myself – I’ve heard that stuff does funny things to your balls….

Chloe Parker:

Chloe is mentioned briefly in "Vinewood Souvenirs - Tyler". Tyler Dixon mistakenly call's the girl in his hot tub "Chloe" but it's not her, as she remarks that Chloe Parker was his ex.

Derrick McReary:

If you take Packie on the heist “The Paleto Score” he will talk about the crew he did the bank job in GTA IV’s “Three Leaf Clover” with. His brother Derrick, he references with “God rest his soul”, implying Derrick is dead. Note we can’t use this to infer he was killed by Niko and if Francis is alive or dead – it is possible Francis was killed by Niko, and Derrick died later in other circumstances

Niko Bellic:

If you take Packie on the heist “The Paleto Score” he will talk about the crew he did the bank job in GTA IV’s “Three Leaf Clover” with. He states that “Niko is probably dead too”, but he clearly doesn’t know what has happened to his old friend. He is also most likely the reference of Lester (although not by name) in the cut scene at the start of “Casing the Jewel Store”, where he says “there was an eastern european guy making moves in Liberty City, but he went quiet….”. However, as The Gardener and Katve have pointed out, Jimmy De Santa can be seen viewing his LifeInvader page in the kitchen laptop (when you switch to Michael using the character wheel at various points), which suggests he is still alive.

Pathos:

Deadly Target pointed out that on LifeInvader you can see from Franklin's Cousin's (Tavell Clinton) page, who has moved to LC, a message that Pathos was trying to sell him his CDs on the street corner. This suggests he is still alive.

Roman Bellic:

Again, as pointed by The Gardener, his cab company mentioned by Franklin's Cousin Tavell Clinton on LifeInvader. This suggests he may be alive, although it is possible the cab company may have continued under the same name (e.g. operated by Niko or Mallorie) after his death.

Circumstantial References:

Jacob and Badman:

confederatestatesgta pointed out that Franklin's Cousin Tavell Clinton on LifeInvader states he is living with two Jamaicans. It is quite possible that it is them, but we cannot be certain.

• Duxfever, Deadly Target, Drunken Cowboy and 1 other like this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Nice list! On Lifeinvader, you can see someone post about a guy named Pathos trying to sell music in Star Junction. His status is definitely alive.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Nice list! On Lifeinvader, you can see someone post about a guy named Pathos trying to sell music in Star Junction. His status is definitely alive.

That's Franklins cousin who moved to Schottler. So Pathos is alive and still selling records on the streets.

Franklins cousin also posts something like "Romans/Bellic cab company are the worst". So this suggests Roman is still alive and running his cab fleet of cavalcades.

We can also see Jimmy viewing Nikos LifeInvader. Probably just an easter egg, but I think it's most likely Niko has left the criminal life. I like to think he's driving cabs for Roman and probably found himself a woman.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by Katve, 28 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Niko Bellic is probably alive because he got Live Invader page in game and you can see Jimmy looking at it. This event can be seen while Jimmy is sitting with other Michael's family members on kitchen table. I have witnessed it by myself, but there is also lot of stuff about it on internet. I am not sure if it is only easter egg or evidence that Niko is alive.

(Picture link, found from Google Image search. http://images1.wikia...LifeInvader.jpg)

Edit. " The Gardener" already mentioned, but at least here is link.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks guys, I'll edit the OP, great info.

I'm not sure if we can definitely say that Roman and Pathos are alive though? There is no date attached the the life Invader Posts, and it is possible they could pre-date the events of IV. Tavell for instance mentions he's been on a ride at the Firefly Island amusement park, which Michelle/Karen states is closed to be redeveloped?

Do you know at what point in the game Jimmy is viewing Niko's Life Invader page (or is it a random respawn for Michael)? If so I'll add the details too.

• Deadly Target likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

beta the badass whisperer from the walking dead!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

also on tavells lifeinvader he syas hes living in schottler with 2 jamacans now when i saw that i thought of little jacob and badman. now i know that there are plenty of jamacans in schotler but jacob and badman were roomates so it could be possible that they live with him.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Do you know at what point in the game Jimmy is viewing Niko's Life Invader page (or is it a random respawn for Michael)? If so I'll add the details too.

I have seen it when I go back to Michael's house and they are sitting around kitchen table and Jimmy is on laptop. I have seen it often when I go to home. I haven't seen Jimmy ever viewing any other site and you can zoom to it with your phone camera. It may also be available as switch scene but I have never seen that one.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I still thought it was stupid how they killed Johnny. That is just bullsh*t. Thank goodness they didn't put Niko into anything involving Trevor.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Jimbatron, I'm not entirely sure, but at the start of the game, Tavells post about Romans cabs company hasn't been posted yet. It's posted sometime during the story, and although theres no date, it suggests Romans cabs is around in 2013.

I could be completely wrong. I'm currently giving the game a good slow playthrough and I'll let you know about it.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thank goodness they didn't put Niko into anything involving Trevor.

Yeah, It'd be real dumb of them to kill off Trevor ;)
  • Deadly Target likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I have seen it when I go back to Michael's house and they are sitting around kitchen table and Jimmy is on laptop. I have seen it often when I go to home. I haven't seen Jimmy ever viewing any other site and you can zoom to it with your phone camera. It may also be available as switch scene but I have never seen that one.

Yes I've seen it now. It will appear in the re-spawn where Michael is arguing with Tracey about what subject she want's to study in college. I've zoomed in with the sniper rifle standing at the doorway. Looks like the "friend" on the top left may be Roman, but can't make it out for sure.

@The Gardener - good info regarding the post being added during gameplay. My feeling is though we still can't take this as proof Roman is still alive, just that is business is still operating. It is possible if he has died Niko had taken it on, but kept the name of his cousin above the shop door. Any thoughts?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Top left would be Family and it's definitely Roman, but it's nothing more than a nod or smile to players. Roman's fate is still unknown. 

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

It's definitely Roman, Jacob, Brucie and Mallorie in Lifeinvader. And it's Jacob, not Jakob.

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Very nice and in depth list, I completely missed that Marnie was that drug addict in IV!

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Roman's picture can also be very briefly seen on Niko's LifeInvader page that Jimmy is looking at, another indication that the Revenge ending may be canon.

YOGDUSH
  • YOGDUSH

Analysist, former theorist

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

very sure niko is still alive. too many hints.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Revenge is always the canon ending to me. Even though Deal seems more dramatic. In my opinion Niko would never have worked with Dimitri again. Too many reasons for that: Dimitri is not to be trusted and a obvious threat to him and Roman. Dimitri is the reason why they leave Broker in the first place. Dimitri is also friends with Bulgarin, who wants Niko dead, too. Niko also threatens to owe Dimitri a bullet to the temple in a phone call and Dimitri keeps threatening the lives of Niko, Roman (kidnap), Bernie. Also Niko has real feelings for Katr, calls her for advice and would probably act go for Revenge. In a movie, this would be like...Niko takes out Dimitri. ..Wedding. ..happy end! But then just an almost forgotten enemy appears and kills Kate. Reminds me of layer cake's ending. As I said, Roman's death seems very dramatic, but the whole deal thing isn't my ending. It also feels done without thought. Dimitri just kills pegorino like that wad odd too.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 02 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

LifeInvader wasn't around yet at that time during the events of GTA IV. If I'm correct that LifeInvader is created at around late 2008 to early 2009, we might suggest that Revenge is the real ending of GTA IV. Though my assumptions won't be legit due to the fact it parodies FaceBook, which was created around 2005-2006.  But correct me if I'm wrong.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Revenge is always the canon ending to me. Even though Deal seems more dramatic. In my opinion Niko would never have worked with Dimitri again. Too many reasons for that: Dimitri is not to be trusted and a obvious threat to him and Roman. Dimitri is the reason why they leave Broker in the first place. Dimitri is also friends with Bulgarin, who wants Niko dead, too. Niko also threatens to owe Dimitri a bullet to the temple in a phone call and Dimitri keeps threatening the lives of Niko, Roman (kidnap), Bernie. Also Niko has real feelings for Katr, calls her for advice and would probably act go for Revenge. In a movie, this would be like...Niko takes out Dimitri. ..Wedding. ..happy end! But then just an almost forgotten enemy appears and kills Kate. Reminds me of layer cake's ending. As I said, Roman's death seems very dramatic, but the whole deal thing isn't my ending. It also feels done without thought. Dimitri just kills pegorino like that wad odd too.

yeah I agree with you man

for Niko loyalty is very important as seen on various occasions

he wouldn't just go after the money and f*ck over what he believes in

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 03 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

yeah I agree with you man

for Niko loyalty is very important as seen on various occasions

he wouldn't just go after the money and f*ck over what he believes in

Don't get me wrong, I've played the IV story a lot - must be plus 10 times, lost count, and I do "Revenge" most often. However I disagree that "Deal" is an unrealistic option for Niko. It would have been, but for "That Special Someone". Whether you chose to kill Darko or not, there's a very strong message from it that revenge doesn't pay.

My view is that the whole Darko plot device is simply to make the final choice more of a dilema. The story is not really about Darko v Niko, although it is framed that way. Darko is really backstory. The real story is about Dimitri v Niko. If "That Special Someone" didn't happen then there would be no reason not to pick "Revenge".

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

Niko's lifeinvader page is an easter egg. Nothing on it should be considered canon.

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

I was rather surprised that Niko didn't get to eliminate Ray Bulgarin, since he was a huge thorn in Niko's side since he made an appearance in the Russian Revolution mission. He was as much a threat as Dimitri, yet wasn't eliminated until the final mission of BoGT by Luis. I suppose that other than Bulgarin, there wasn't a high profile villain in the story. I was hoping Niko would have a hand in his demise, but hey-ho, that's the way life goes sometimes.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Missed one, there is a reference to Chloe Parker in "Vinewood Souvenirs - Tyler"

gunthermali
  • gunthermali

President, Sons of Anarchy MC, San Andreas Redwood Original

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Roman's picture can also be very briefly seen on Niko's LifeInvader page that Jimmy is looking at, another indication that the Revenge ending may be canon.

If Kate were alive, Packie would know where Niko is because he'd likely be with Kate in such a scenario.  I doubt the storyline would go that Roman would die and then Niko would break up with Kate later.  

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by Tycek, 26 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Kate breaks up with Niko after the deal ending, because he appeared  to her like money chaser not caring about his own vows anymore. Either way Packie wouldn't know Niko's whereabouts.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Kate breaks up with Niko after the deal ending, because he appeared  to her like money chaser not caring about his own vows anymore. Either way Packie wouldn't know Niko's whereabouts.

I'd agree with this. It does feel more likely to me that Packie might leave LC if Kate and his Ma died (old age), but I think there is no conclusive proof either way.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 31 January 2014 - 07:29 PM.

Didn't exactly read all the replies, but just adding that you can sell Packie to the Altruists to be cannibalized. I also heard he can die in the FIB Building heist. So, I think his status would be unknown.

Additionally, in the another god awful "TREVOR'S BLOWING THINGS UP 'CAUSE HE'S CRAZY LOL" missions, in which Trevor bombs The Range before moving to Los Santos with Floyd, one of the Lost bikers says "Billy Grey would never have let this happen" whilst carting away (presumable Johnny, Terry, and Clay) in caskets. Billy Grey was the Alderny chapter president of The Lost before Johnny took over.

Nice list, by the way! Can you mention some of the smaller characters' rolls from GTA IV?

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Didn't exactly read all the replies, but just adding that you can sell Packie to the Altruists to be cannibalized. I also heard he can die in the FIB Building heist. So, I think his status would be unknown.

Additionally, in the another god awful "TREVOR'S BLOWING THINGS UP 'CAUSE HE'S CRAZY LOL" missions, in which Trevor bombs The Range before moving to Los Santos with Floyd, one of the Lost bikers says "Billy Grey would never have let this happen" whilst carting away (presumable Johnny, Terry, and Clay) in caskets. Billy Grey was the Alderny chapter president of The Lost before Johnny took over.

Nice list, by the way! Can you mention some of the smaller characters' rolls from GTA IV?

Cheers,

I must confess I've always unlocked Packie before Mr Phillips! So will have to test the Altruist thing out. I'd discounted the possibility he can die, because the random encounter will re-spawn if you fail to get him away safely after his drug store hold up (in the same way that if Talliana dies before you drive her back, that can be replayed). I'd therefore assumed he was un-killable (in the moment yes, but the story forces a replay option).

I've done the Bureau Heist both ways with Packie, and he's lived through each without a hitch (all of the heists for that matter). Is this something you've personally seen (can you tell us what has to be done for him to die)?

You're right about the Billy Grey reference. It's in "Friends Re-united". 

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

It seems pretty fashionable to doubt the wiki, but this is what they've got.

c0888091b1c8a0d32eb4cb1e1601bd60.png

0d4909ac52fc05c33ba48c2277ec3164.png

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Perhaps my memory is a bit fuzzy, but wasn't that Henrique working at the Burger Shot in Did Somebody Say Yoga? 

It'd be pretty clever if it was, considering all the jokes that were made in BOGT about him getting a job there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users