» «
Photo

GTA VI Quality over Quantity

24 replies to this topic
Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by Magnet_man16, 27 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

The thing that makes GTA for me isnt the size. Isnt the stranger missions. Its the map.

In GTA VI I think Rockstar should use the power of the next gen to make a more photo realistic, compact detailed world that really is living. With natural behaviour, driving. Not realistic. Just natural, no more controlling flying cars, exploding on roof or arcade racing driving on every vehicle. Police should use tactics not brute force. They should also give you a chance to give yourself in before killing you. The AI traffic paths should be correct unlike GTA IV and definitely GTA V.

NFS Most Wanted

xl_EA_NFSMostWanted_624.jpg

GTA IV

032.jpg

GTA IV Multiplayer Team Deathmatch

15021621.jpg

GTA IV Enhancer - Hopefully what next gen is like with more objects.

GTA4-Modded-v2.jpg

GTA V - Similar to what my game looks like constantly when i have a good framrate or aren't freezing.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Screenshot-Wallpaper-

GTA V Online

GTA-Online-Deathmatch.jpg

V is okay. They changed things but i hope they've learnt from what they've done. I personally think depth is more important. And also this GTA Online is a waste of time, haven't they wondered why people are still playing GTA IV freeroam to this very day?, its because they got it right. I don't want to spend all my life ranking up in a virtual world. I want to have fun.

One last thing is you should start with nothing. When i finished GTA V i felt like i had achieved nothing. I had money in the beginning and was fine. Also indicators should be on cars again. I need to be warned of their actions.

Also speed blur made it feel like you where going fast too. Miss it.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I don't want to spend all my life ranking up in a virtual world. I want to have fun.

YES. Jesus H. f*ckin' Christ. Yes. I don't think Rockstar understood why people still play GTA IV online. I mean, yes it's fine if they run it as an mmo, but don't force that sh*t on everyone. Have a traditional Free Mode option for people who just wanna have fun. I mean, Since release, I've put maybe 10 hours into online. 8 of those have been just messing around with friends in the same way I did with IV. The fact of the matter is that I'm being punished for having fun with my friends the way I want to and I cannot recover from these because I don't have remotely enough free time to do so. I get maybe an hour a day if I'm lucky to play on the weekdays and maybe up to 5 hours on the weekends if I don't go out or have insane amounts of homework.

In regards to the rest, I agree to an extent, though I preferred V's driving (didn't at all think it was arcadey) and like its type of realism -- I like controlling falling cars.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:37 PM Edited by StarVisitor, 27 October 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Wondered why people are still playing IV? LOL. Get real, minority member. 

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
2.Call of Duty: Black Ops II 
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 
7. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13  
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops 
11. GTA IV 

ROFL. You are part of the small minority, nothing more, nothing less. GTA V is a masterpiece of a game and GTA:O is just the BEST online experience available in the market today. $1 billion in sales, broke Guinness world records, GOTY awards rolling in, 97/100 metacritic - facts are facts, and well, opinions are what you are presenting.

• XBlade1X and RockstarFanboy like this

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I don't want to spend all my life ranking up in a virtual world. I want to have fun.

YES. Jesus H. f*ckin' Christ. Yes. I don't think Rockstar understood why people still play GTA IV online. I mean, yes it's fine if they run it as an mmo, but don't force that sh*t on everyone. Have a traditional Free Mode option for people who just wanna have fun. I mean, Since release, I've put maybe 10 hours into online. 8 of those have been just messing around with friends in the same way I did with IV. The fact of the matter is that I'm being punished for having fun with my friends the way I want to and I cannot recover from these because I don't have remotely enough free time to do so. I get maybe an hour a day if I'm lucky to play on the weekdays and maybe up to 5 hours on the weekends if I don't go out or have insane amounts of homework.

In regards to the rest, I agree to an extent, though I preferred V's driving (didn't at all think it was arcadey) and like its type of realism -- I like controlling falling cars.

Yea the falling cars controlling isnt that bad but i miss the detail. Its what made it for me. If i wanted to get a plane with a friend i want to join their game and get one. Not have to be lvl 40 or so. Its forcing you to play it. And forcing you to buy their cash packs. And i hate being forced in games. Games are my time to do what i want. May it be stealing a tank or a digger. Why prevent fun. Team deathmatch died in GTA IV early because all the COD noobs returned to their natural habitat. I hate it when a game tries to cover multiple categories and all it does it end up a ruined mess. Focus on free roam. I thought "atleast it will be like RDR, everything unlocked unless you want to do all the ranking sh*t". But im disappointed.

I played IV online for 6 years, pretty much straight. One month and im sick of V. Just shows.

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

ROFL. You are part of the small minority, nothing more, nothing less. GTA V is a masterpiece of a game and GTA:O is just the BEST online experience available in the market today. $1 billion in sales, broke Guinness world records, GOTY awards rolling in, 97/100 metacritic - facts are facts, and well, opinions are what you are presenting.

Yes the facts say that "hey this is great look at all the gamemodes and the ranking." which in several years will be dead. Trust me this GTA Online wont last long. It will age fast. Reply in 4 years and we'll see, Okay :)

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Wondered why people are still playing IV? LOL. Get real

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I think you need a bit of patience.  They are going to add loads and loads of stuff to the online portion...  we haven't even had heists added yet.  The will be adding stuff for years to come.  Give it a chance, it's not even a month old.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

To be fair, GTA V is still fairly recent. GTA IV being #11 is still fairly impressive all things considered. Not getting into which is better, just saying that laughing about an older game making #11 while the brand new one is #1 is kinda a shallow victory. It's not that difficult for a popular series to be #1 when it first comes out, but how many games that are 5 years old are on that list? 

• mikeinthahouse likes this

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Quantity over quality

Trevor_Philips_Enterprise
  • Trevor_Philips_Enterprise

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

Are you stupid?

Of course GTA IV is not number 1. It's FIVE years old.

People are playing newer games (Fifa14, GTA V, etc.) online. I think GTA V's online mode will not last long on place #1.

GTA IV on #11 after FIVE years is very long and I don't think GTA V will last that long in such a good place.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'm not even sure what the complaint is. You want the next GTA to look like a sh*tty, over-blurred and overly-enhanced mod for a 5+ year old game? You want the traffic "paths corrected"? What is even wrong with them to begin with? Also, you are being purposely obtuse here. Your screenshots, taken on a clearly sh*tty TV with sh*tty photo-taking software doesn't show GTA V in its true  glory, and the graphics are fine to begin with. The rest of your "complaint" if it can even be called that, seems like nonsense and rambling by someone who is evidently high on something. 

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think my favorite things to do mission wise on V online is the survival mode and the races.
Death matches get old quick when you get people who are serious game addicts annihilate you. Before I get the quit wining you looser comments, I would just like to add that when you have a wife, kid and a job, games although you love playing them, don't get the time you want spent on them so obviously, I'm not going to be as good as a teenager who sits in his room all day playing.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by JoeB, 27 October 2013 - 08:35 PM.

I was really impressed with GTA V graphically, it looks amazing at certain points, not saying it looks bad the others but the weather can really make the game beautiful. Places now are packed with people such as beaches, skate-parks and just peoples houses and the game actually feels alive.

They could easily had made the game smaller and made the graphics better but yet people would still be complaining about it not being good enough by comparing it too a racing game which only has to focus on racing graphics. Sometimes people just complain for no reason :/

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm sorry, but not everyone has to think the game is a masterpiece.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

You're the exact same person. Go away.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

You're the exact same person. Go away.

I facepalm everytime someone says that

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

Jesus... I should stop reading posts like this, I think my IQ dropped like 50%... doi,.,;' :barf:

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

It just baffles me this goof is still going on, doing his buisness on this forum. Is there a mod that will ban this guy one day or ? ..

• Sting4S likes this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

It just baffles me this goof is still going on, doing his buisness on this forum. Is there a mod that will ban this guy one day or ? ..

Maybe he's paying mods under the table to be able to stay on here. After all, he'll stop at nothing to be a royal Rockstar soldier 

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

OP why in the world did you compare a Racing game to a Open-world game?

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Xbox Live Top Games

1. Grand Theft Auto V 
4. FIFA 14 
5. Battlefield 4 Beta 
8. Madden NFL 25 
9. Battlefield 3  
11. GTA IV 

One word: LSRP.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 31 October 2013 - 09:41 AM.

I think I'd be down with whatever size in an open world game, as long as it's at least as big as Midnight Club 3's Detroit which is about the size of two-and-a-half Bohans. The world having a legitimate cause-and-effect system would be neat too (ie: A pedestrian is shot by you, and somewhere else in the world in a few hours there'll be a funeral; an important looking businessman's death would be met with more police on the street and police having better weapons, etc.)

'course we probably won't be seeing stuff like this until the next generation, or maybe even the one after that. :/

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I will agree with you. The GTA V map, whilst it was fun, seemed to lack the level of deatail that the map in IV did. If it means we see more detail in map, I will gladly go back to a 100% urban map the size of IV.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Seeing that list just shows how well GTA IV has stood the test of time really.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

OP why in the world did you compare a Racing game to a Open-world game?

Perhaps he wants to compare the driving physics of NFS to GTA and make them more resembling to that.

Seeing that list just shows how well GTA IV has stood the test of time really.

I agree, GTA IV will have a long-lasting impact on every GTA game like GTA San Andreas still today as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users