» «
Photo

GTA SA game starts and loads a saved game but the screen goes black

6 replies to this topic
Calldres
  • Calldres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by Calldres, 28 October 2013 - 12:39 AM.

I have been introduced to modding quite recently and have been installing a rather large amount of mods and will test after each mod to see if it has installed properly. At some point I installed a mod that required replacing and adding a lot of codes and it worked, but after some time I saw the mod had too many bugs to even be used so I uninstalled it, and the game speeds up and slows down randomly as I play (not refering to FPS), and eventualy the game just stopped working entirely. the game just loads fully and when the screen fades to black it just stays black. it doesn't actually play the game.

I thought it was because i uninstalled it incorrectly, so I copied my stock copy so i could start all over again, and i installed every mod i had before the one with the bugs. it did the same thing. so i tried to play my stock copy to see if my PC was the problem. It worked, then I installed my texture pack. It worked. then i got to the CLEO mods, and it crashed the same way it did before.

My CLEO mods never acted weird before, so i think my PC may be rejecting the CLEO mods for some reason. I have scanned my PC for viruses and it didnt find any. I have no idea how to fix this.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by ZAZ, 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

1. Cleo makes extra savefiles in cleo\cleo_save folder if you make a savegame with installed cleoscripts.

To load then such a savegame requires to have the same cleoscripts in cleo folder as you had in the state of making  savegame (with additional scripts is it also possible)

Furthermore does there exist "bad scripted cleo scripts" which can corrupt the orig. savefiles, placed in user folder

A better way is, to load a savegame which was done with an unmodded game installation or a New Game Start

2. which cleo script did you have?

3. does the game work fine if you remove all cleoscripts? (consider point 1., load a savegame of unmodded installation or start new game)

4. do have any other script plugins? *.asi files?

5. what's your OS?

What's the install path of your GTASA?

mod that required replacing and adding a lot of codes

what means replacing codes?

Calldres
  • Calldres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

ok I tried playing a saved game with the CLEO scripts removed and it worked, and i also made a new saved game while playing without the scripts. I made a copy of the game without the CLEO mods and tried installing CLEO on it and it works just fine but as soon as i try putting the mods in the folder the game just has a black screen like before. i was loading a new game

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

please answer all questions

Calldres
  • Calldres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Answer 1. i guess none of the CLEO scripts are badly scripted or corrupt seeing that they have all worked in the past, and the mod that messed up my game didnt use any CLEO scripts.

Answer 2. (not sure what you ment by that question)

Answer 3 Yes it dose work, with both a game that was saved with and without CLEO scripts, it also worked with the base scripts installed. but as soon as i put a CLEO mod in the folder it dosent work

Answer 4 No, there isn't any other script plugins used

Answer 5 I use Windows 7 Professional

Answer 6 C:/Games/GTA SA/Grand Theft Auto San Andreas PC - Modded

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Answer 2. (not sure what you ment by that question)

i mean, which scripts have you running when it crashes?

it also worked with the base scripts installed.

what means base scripts?

as soon as i put a CLEO mod in the folder it dosent work

which cleo mods? give link or name

and have cleo3 or 4 installed?

Calldres
  • Calldres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

It crashes when I use any kind of cleo mod. and by base scripts i mean the scripts the cleo installer put there. i use cleo 4

also i have found my copy of GTA SA with everything still working properly, including cleo, so ill just use that one. thanks for trying to help though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users