Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Kifflom, my brother.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Not the worst in just GTA history, the worst system ever made. The police are a joke, standing still, honking your horn for half a second, bumping a pedestrian, it all automatically gives you a wanted level. The police are crazy and can't control themselves, the rubber banding is insane, they always catch up to you, either ramming you or flying past you so fast they crash and roll for the next 30 seconds. Whenever they bump you your vehicle spins out for no reason (so much for 'open-world freedom').

The spawning is a joke, they don't spawn far away from you, they spawn directly in front of you, so close that you have to swerve out of the way. It's ridiculous, they also spawn on top of places like mountains. Then there's the helicopters... Always spawning right at you, if you lose one, another spawns right on top of you, it's annoying. The police always know where you are, hiding won't do anything, they can also see through walls.

Just another one of those 5 minute jobs they did to make the system. Do they care? No. They might as well rename this game to 'Anti-fun Police Escape Simulator 2013', because any time you want to do something fun, it's an automatic wanted level...

• ajrunke and Bonnano like this

reece22345
  • reece22345

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by reece22345, 28 October 2013 - 12:42 AM.

I do wish there was some variety and a bit more of a progression at the higher wanted levels though. 5 stars is the same as 4 stars in terms of hardware cops use, there's just more of it and it's more intense.

There needed to be something like the military, different vehicles, dogs, armoured riot police, paratroopers, cops with explosives, etc etc to add another dimension to it in my opinion. It might make it harder at the highest levels but hey, at least it'd be fun for longer and different.

When it works (pretty often for me actually) I do like the LOS concept but police will still swarm towards you even if they had no way of knowing you went in that direction. Definite improvement on IV but so much more could have been done with it and that's a shame.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

i like the cops here... the only things i dont like is the fact that cops always know it was you, even if you killed that person on the very top of the chilliad with no one around, cops would spawn near and they would know it was you.

That's probably my biggest issue. Silenced/suppressed sniper rifle might make a LITTLE noise but if you're in nobodies sight, no way they would know who it was.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by ajrunke, 28 October 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Not the worst in just GTA history, the worst system ever made. The police are a joke, standing still, honking your horn for half a second, bumping a pedestrian, it all automatically gives you a wanted level. The police are crazy and can't control themselves, the rubber banding is insane, they always catch up to you, either ramming you or flying past you so fast they crash and roll for the next 30 seconds. Whenever they bump you your vehicle spins out for no reason (so much for 'open-world freedom').

The spawning is a joke, they don't spawn far away from you, they spawn directly in front of you, so close that you have to swerve out of the way. It's ridiculous, they also spawn on top of places like mountains. Then there's the helicopters... Always spawning right at you, if you lose one, another spawns right on top of you, it's annoying. The police always know where you are, hiding won't do anything, they can also see through walls.

Just another one of those 5 minute jobs they did to make the system. Do they care? No. They might as well rename this game to 'Anti-fun Police Escape Simulator 2013', because any time you want to do something fun, it's an automatic wanted level...

Summed it up perfectly with the exception of the pink font. You touched on everything that is horrendously wrong with the wanted system. There are times where police spawn in front of me so that I'm already IN their cone of vision AS they spawn; making it IMPOSSIBLE to avoid their line of sight.

• Bonnano likes this

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by BlackLightning, 28 October 2013 - 01:32 AM.

It's terrible. GTA IV did it right. Challenging without being retarded. Super ram blows. But all of them having Mark Wahlberg in The Shooter accuracy is bullsh*t. I play with free aim so they should, too. 

• rovert likes this

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Best*

They actually try and stop you, who the f*ck wants police you can easily escape?

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

The cops are the best they've ever been and actually give you a challenge now. So you actually think twice about going head to head with them or rather hide it out.

The only thing I got to complain about is their oversensitivity and physic powers.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

The cops are the best they've ever been and actually give you a challenge now. So you actually think twice about going head to head with them or rather hide it out.

The only thing I got to complain about is their oversensitivity and physic powers.

They are just overpowered and scripted which is annoying epecially if you get chased for everything.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm really iffy on this subject, the cops are OP but I do like the line of site harder to get away bit.. I think the whole system just needs massive tweeking.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I also f*cking love how when they're in front of you, they match you move for move INSTANTLY with ZERO delay. /sarcasm

reece22345
  • reece22345

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by reece22345, 28 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Yeah that is my pet peeve with them. It breaks immersion because you can see the scripting that should be running behind the scenes - which I hate.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by Kifflom!, 28 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

just got rammed hard by a cop and exploded......

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

i think they made the cops total assholes and arrest you for the smallest things so you don't feel bad when killing them :)

Phantum
  • Phantum

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by Phantum, 28 October 2013 - 03:56 AM.

lol sorry i got sh*tty ms paint skill

9HWz6Mv.png

This.

I find this way more funnier than it should be

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Even with a Sandking or a Sadler, those assholes still ram me off, I don't know how to feel, challenge is a good thing, but not in high dosages, this cop system is f*cking overdose. I am going to get the PC version too and disable the sh*t out of getting wanted for just standing by someone.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

My only grip with cops is their spawning pattern, specially helicopters, not much use blowing those up, another one will be right on your ass before you reload another RPG.

As for their aggressiveness, I like it. 

In GTA IV, cop chases were non existent, and in firefights, shotgun cops were really the only challenge if they rushed close up to you. Now even a handgun will f*ck you up if you're being careless.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:16 AM Edited by Kifflom!, 28 October 2013 - 04:16 AM.

My only grip with cops is their spawning pattern, specially helicopters, not much use blowing those up, another one will be right on your ass before you reload another RPG.

As for their aggressiveness, I like it. 

In GTA IV, cop chases were non existent, and in firefights, shotgun cops were really the only challenge if they rushed close up to you. Now even a handgun will f*ck you up if you're being careless.

they r waaaaaaaaaaaaay too aggresive

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Those fat ass cops from GTA IV sucked.

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

9HWz6Mv.png

What is that even?

All I see when I look at the illustration he drew, is this...  \/\/\/\/\/\/
teletubbies.gif

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:58 AM Edited by rovert, 28 October 2013 - 06:59 AM.

It's terrible. GTA IV did it right. Challenging without being retarded. Super ram blows. But all of them having Mark Wahlberg in The Shooter accuracy is bullsh*t. I play with free aim so they should, too.

add a little Wanted's James McAvoy centrifugal bullet path BS!

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

9HWz6Mv.png

lol  .. the Hell is that?

they climb over and shoot u? what's wrong with that? cops are having some bad coding but they have definitely improved since IV. 

Good:

- They don't quit as easily now

- The follow you and cover you from all possible sides on foot

- Helicopters are now much tough to get away. They are in constant touch with cops on foot

- They climb over walls and other obstacles to go for the shortest path 

Bad:

- They shoot you if you stand still for couple of seconds

- They are quite fast in taking out guns and react much early before you even try to remove your gun or even punch them. 

- Accuracy is really sick

- Cop cars run like hot wheels

Unequalibrium
  • Unequalibrium

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I don't mind the police shooting with high accuracy most of the time, but the stupid gang members, rednecks, and security guards have the same accuracy and it pisses me off. f*cking Ballas blind shooting from behind a car hits me down the road, when I can barely even see them through my sniper scope. Not fair.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't mind the police shooting with high accuracy most of the time, but the stupid gang members, rednecks, and security guards have the same accuracy and it pisses me off. f*cking Ballas blind shooting from behind a car hits me down the road, when I can barely even see them through my sniper scope. Not fair.

Lost members in their hideout at East Vinewood can hit you even if you are well hidden ABOVE them.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

If you know your stealth you should be f*cking good, otherwise you're just an idiot if you can't outrun these pigs.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Just played GTA IV after a long stint of nothing but GTA V. F*cking lawl. The cops in 4 are awful. They are a pathetic force, really. I got a 1 star wanted level for shooting some Puerto Rican in the face outside the Cluckin Bell on the first island. Literally 10 seconds later, my wanted level was GONE. All I had to do was drive down the block, dodge 1 single police cruiser who never saw me, and bam. Gone.

If  that were 5, it would have been at LEAST 45 seconds longer to fully lose my wanted level, and that's IF I was never spotted that entire time. This is a good thing, as it adds challenge and sort of realism to it (police don't just drop searches before even getting to the crime scene...) but at the same time it opens the door for the REAL fault of the police AI:

They always know where you are.

You could have stealth killed a pedestrian in the middle of nowhere, wait scratch that. You could have set off a bomb on the side of a mountain with literally NOTHING in a mile radius of your position, you will almost INSTANTLY get a wanted level.

As if that isn't bad enough, now you get in your car (which no one saw you get in) and your icon is grey. Okay cool, they don't know about this vehicle so I am free to cruise around rather casually without getting detected. You drive down the mountain and hide out behind some shop a ways down the highway. They will f*cking pull up outside the store, which is COMPLETELY irrelevant to your bomb you set off a mile away in the mountains, and they will get out, run around the back of the store and INSTANTLY detect you.

BULLSH*T.

This is the one problem I have with them and it makes it really not even frustrating, but just immersion breaking.

Also to the guy speaking on behalf of the headlights turning them off to hide, it has 0 impact on their ability to find you. Literally, none. The only game I am aware of that does this is Watch Dogs, which allows you to not only turn off the lights, but also the engine. I was seriously hoping for this feature in GTA V but alas, Rockstar missed it this time. There's always GTA 6...

• ThinRedLine1981 likes this

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I was walking on Vespucci Beach and some chick called the cops cause, well, I was staring at her ass, and the crazy f*cks came driving on the beach like madmen and actually killed peds who were sunbathing. They are way too agressive.

The stealth is also f*cked.They always know you've committed a crime even if no one is around.

I don't mind the challenge, but there such a thing as just too unrealistic.

And the choppers, the f*cking choppers. Shot one, another appears 4 seconds later. LSPD has the largest air force in the world.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Yep agreed on the resources part in the sense that they should have learned from Red Dead and had limited military and police response. Kill a helicopter and it should be maybe 30 seconds before another is dispatched.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Once you figure it out it is very easy to lose them. They should have done a better job explaining it to people in the instruction manual or something. I rarely ever die from police anymore.

just head to the nearest alley or something like a carpark you should lose them easily

they sometimes find me with a copter when i'm hiding.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

For me, these new more proficient cops are way better than the stumbling and bumbling fat comic relief coppers of IV. But to each his own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users