Photo

To all players who can't race

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic
ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by ScottMU, 27 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

F*ck you, go play GTA Races or Vehicle Deathmatches if you wanna ram people off the road, it's ridiculous how people who want to race properly cant because of amateurs who cant drive. I cant be the only one who feels this way...

Discuss
  • simonp92, Whacks Tadpole and KingPancakes like this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

You're certainly not.  But even when I played legit racing games, there's always the asshole who can only win by ramming people off the road.

• GotDjent? likes this

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Some people are just jerks Mr. Simpson. Ive always tried to race clean however that leaves you wide open for a ramming, nice guys finish last. best to race with friends where you can agree not to race dirty i suppose

Vlemert
  • Vlemert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

I dont get this. If you want to race like that go play some grand turismo... I race 'pretty clean' myself, and yes I do curse at anyone ramming me off the road but what do you expect in GTA. A group of highly wanted, randomly shooting and killing psychos who don't mind breaking into military bases left and right decide to race and you expect them NOT to trade some paint? Come on dude. Yes it's easy to ram people off the road without slowing down a bit, maybe that could be tweaked, but people will ram, deal with it. Othewise: closed session.

• paydayp likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

It's GTA, what do you expect? If you want to race clean, play Forza or Gran Turismo.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

It's pretty easy to avoid the asshats on bikes it's even easier if he's coming in for the sideswipe break hard and he'll generally smoke a barrier.
  • Bawse likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 27 October 2013 - 04:53 PM.

It's GTA, what do you expect? If you want to race clean, play Forza or Gran Turismo.

This reply has gotten old already...

... one would like to race cleanly against human drivers.

And if you want to know, in Gran Turismo the racing can be dirty too if you play Multiplayer.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ohhh.. you are definitely not the only one. But what can you do about it?.... As much as I hate it.. I have to do this to even finish 2nd. Winning races is totally luck, atleast for me.

Keikz
  • Keikz

Biggest douche in the universe

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

I can race, doesnt mean i wont bump the sh*t out of you in standard races. biiiiitch

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

maybe you're the one that can't race since ramming is perfectly viable option in this game

I agree it can be really annoying if it's all every1 wants to do

but really you should learn to live with it or play another game to get your racing fix

not trying to be a smartass I really think it sucks that people drive like complete retards but violence and mayhem is such an integral part of the whole game

i learned to live with it and just have fun in the total chaos that is racing in gta

strangely enough I do seem to own in most gta races XD

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was going to overtake this guy at the last second the other day to win and he purposely turned into me. I don't mind dirty players but that really pissed me off. I made it my goal to harass the sh*t out of him for the next two races. Every time I hit him off the track, it felt so good.

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

if you race clean you just follow the first place guy and at the end of the race use slip stream to beat him.  it gets boring.  you gotta do some ramming to consistently win.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by LanOsb133, 27 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

I only race on Forza because of dickheads that just ram (And the catchup).  I was in a party with my best friend and one of her friends just continued to ram me, which ended up making me kill him for the next half hour and kill him in missions by running him over.  f*cker thought it was funny when I got mad that he rammed me because I was in a faster car.  I had the last laugh though.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

To all players who complain about people ramming them in races:
Deal with it.  Crying about it isn't going to win you the race.  Learning how to control your vehicle and avoid these players or recover from their ramming will.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by AzraelX, 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Sorry, but I'm done trying to race normally. Whenever I assume someone is going to race legit, because it seems like they're trying to, they'll still PIT maneuver me when it's obvious I'd finish before them otherwise. When it comes to staying legit or winning, I find everyone chooses not to lose. Now I do it to them before passing to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

The people who can race have learned how to act and react when it comes to car contact in public matches.

Adapt or die, basically.

• HammerLarry and Touwe like this

Cool Story Bro
  • Cool Story Bro

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

op i mad 

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

F*ck you, go play GTA Races or Vehicle Deathmatches if you wanna ram people off the road, it's ridiculous how people who want to race properly cant because of amateurs who cant drive. I cant be the only one who feels this way...

Discuss

I'm fine with people racing dirty so long as they do it in a normal context of a race. What I can't stand though is the ones who drive backwards and try to head on collision the first place person or set up multiple car roadblocks.

Really though "Catch up" is more of an abomination than any dirty racer will ever be

• AzraelX likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by AzraelX, 27 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

I'm fine with people racing dirty so long as they do it in a normal context of a race. What I can't stand though is the ones who drive backwards and try to head on collision the first place person or set up multiple car roadblocks.

I don't mind those people too much, as long as they're aiming to knock out "a random person" or "whoever's in first". Basically, if they're not being biased, then I don't care what they do as long as it's allowed by game mechanics.

Something that even bothers me though is when someone is being biased, like when their crewmember is in the game and they try to knock the other people out of the race so their friend can win, even if they come in last to do it. Teaming up like that is ridiculously hard to play against, it's like someone is simultaneously ramming you off the road every ten seconds while also maintaining top speed in first place.

Luckily I've only been in one race where this was going on, but f*ck it pissed me off. I kept racing with them about 6 games, lost 5 in a row and then managed to knock out the cooperating players simultaneously and win. And then I left as fast as I could hit cancel at the vote screen lol.

Really though "Catch up" is more of an abomination than any dirty racer will ever be

Yup, right on the money. The developer who made catchup on by default has single-handedly ruined more races than every backwards-driving race griefer combined.

The worst part is that the ramming wouldn't even be such an issue if catchup was off by default, since most hosts would leave it off. All you have to do is get a bit of a lead so no one can use your slipstream and there's no longer any threat of being hit.

For people who hate being rammed so much: Right before you get PIT maneuvered, when you see that little blip speedily catching up to you, just remember that you'd still be perfectly safe if catchup had been turned off.

No-scope=NO_HOPE!!
  • No-scope=NO_HOPE!!

Mid-Tier Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Tip: hang at the back of the pack at the start in large lobbies. Once most of the other racers wreck themselves, slipstream off the survivors. also, shunting someone's front tire with your door will almost always cause them to spin.

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Yeh these fa**ots piss me off. I have the highest mods on the best cars, noobs get blown off the line.....if the manage to slipstream near me they try to pit always, no other way to beat my clean lines. I just kick them if they do this. I run a clean race, dont like it....gtfo

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

You know what the best way to counteract this is? Race and don't let them piss you off.

Problem solved. :)

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Race with friends or crew mates if you don't want to deal with people ramming you. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 27 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

I don't mind those people too much, as long as they're aiming to knock out "a random person" or "whoever's in first". Basically, if they're not being biased, then I don't care what they do as long as it's allowed by game mechanics.

Something that even bothers me though is when someone is being biased, like when their crewmember is in the game and they try to knock the other people out of the race so their friend can win, even if they come in last to do it. Teaming up like that is ridiculously hard to play against, it's like someone is simultaneously ramming you off the road every ten seconds while also maintaining top speed in first place.

Luckily I've only been in one race where this was going on, but f*ck it pissed me off. I kept racing with them about 6 games, lost 5 in a row and then managed to knock out the cooperating players simultaneously and win. And then I left as fast as I could hit cancel at the vote screen lol.

Yup, right on the money. The developer who made catchup on by default has single-handedly ruined more races than every backwards-driving race griefer combined.

The worst part is that the ramming wouldn't even be such an issue if catchup was off by default, since most hosts would leave it off. All you have to do is get a bit of a lead so no one can use your slipstream and there's no longer any threat of being hit.

For people who hate being rammed so much: Right before you get PIT maneuvered, when you see that little blip speedily catching up to you, just remember that you'd still be perfectly safe if catchup had been turned off.

I get what you're saying but I don't entirely agree with it

yes, catch up has no place in a serious racing game, it's quite clearly mario kart BS

but you have to ask yourself is this a serious race game

I'd have to say no, this whole experience seems closer to something like burnout than a Forza or GT.

it's consious design decision which you may not agree with (I don't Always agree with it either)

but it does sort of make sense

learn to live with it is still the best answer, it's not a perfect answer  but it's the only possible option when you have a game like this with all kinds of players wanting different things

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'd like to see them make an option to set all racers as ghost so this problem can be avoided.  

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'd like to see them make an option to set all racers as ghost so this problem can be avoided.  

Completely disagree. To me that would just ruin the experience. What's the point in racing if the other drivers aren't actually there?

DR1P
  • DR1P

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Comes with the territory. Just gota deal with it, its been said before, this is gta.

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Completely disagree. To me that would just ruin the experience. What's the point in racing if the other drivers aren't actually there?

That's why it would be an option.  Not everyone would want this, but if some of us wanted to a clean race this would ensure one.  

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Discuss

It was the same in GTA IV.  You have to start the race behind other drivers and not take the lead until they all take each other out.  Especially on teh first turn.  You never wanna be 1st place on the first turn.   And obviously slip streaming makes this much worse than it was in GTA IV.

As the game progresses and people get to do all the stuff, some more serious racers will settle in.  Right now they are doing other stuff too. 

Although IMO someone needs to make some 3rd party site or ladder to keep track of good playres and crews to play against/with.  Cause playing with randoms is almost intolerable.

And f*ck GTA RACES.  WTF happen to shooting people?  There should tno be rockets in teh car, that sh*t is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*ckin stupid. 

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Discuss

It was the same in GTA IV.  You have to start the race behind other drivers and not take the lead until they all take each other out.  Especially on teh first turn.  You never wanna be 1st place on the first turn.   And obviously slip streaming makes this much worse than it was in GTA IV.

As the game progresses and people get to do all the stuff, some more serious racers will settle in.  Right now they are doing other stuff too. 

Although IMO someone needs to make some 3rd party site or ladder to keep track of good playres and crews to play against/with.  Cause playing with randoms is almost intolerable.

And f*ck GTA RACES.  WTF happen to shooting people?  There should tno be rockets in teh car, that sh*t is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*ckin stupid. 

lol, yea those rockets are a pain.  

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

i dont get it either but i deal and go on. its dumb though. sometimes i can drive out and win though. i feel like half the players on the game are the kids whole put the round peg in the square buy beating it with a hammer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users