Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is the point of joining multiple crews?

12 replies to this topic
Oburn
  • Oburn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I noticed you can join up too 5 crews, what's the point? I figured you could out a specific character in a crew, but it's based on your GT, which kinda sucks.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Things would be alot different if crew membership was limited to one crew. Then you would know who is really down for the crew and whos there just for the sake of it.

People usually join other crews as their main crew may not always be on to play with or they have other sets of friends affiliated with different crews.

Night D.Gray-Man
  • Night D.Gray-Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I only join crews that actually have good emblems so I can put them on my clothes.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm in 2 crews just for different groups of people I play online with. One is for an online community im a member of and one is for my freinds I hang out with in real life I just switch between the 2 depending on who's online that evening.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Multiple crews for multiple purposes.  You could be in a IRL crew as in you know everyone, and you could be in a roleplay crew, and a deathmatch crew and a flying crew.  Etc.  

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

One of them is my main crew, another is my fraternity and a third is a group of racers I run with that wanted me in so that they could run heists with me.  

Tabarnaaaack
  • Tabarnaaaack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Why not? You get more at the end of races/mission you play with friends and again for crew members. More people to play with... Like Toast said my first crew is friends in real life but I'm going to join a second crew for TENs and easier matchups.

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by niq, 27 October 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Does anyone know how to actively change which crew you represent while playing the game?

Edit: I know you can do it manually on the social club website, but I was wondering if there was a shortcut.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by blk95ta, 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

I have my regular friends crew and one i set up for myself so i could get this custom phoenix trans am logo on my hood.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Does anyone know how to actively change which crew you represent while playing the game?

Edit: I know you can do it manually on the social club website, but I was wondering if there was a shortcut.

while in the game, press start and go to online, then crews. you'll see your crews and one will be checked. you need to select the one you want to change to and restart your multiplayer session.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I noticed you can join up too 5 crews, what's the point? I figured you could out a specific character in a crew, but it's based on your GT, which kinda sucks.

To have a bigger gang!

Oburn
  • Oburn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ok all good points haha. Now how do you rank up I only just joined a crew yesterday

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

So that at any given time you can switch to whatever crew your playing with and those players will have the crew color in the hud.  So when im playing with crew and friends i can tell the 2 apart. 

So that way i can play with people who are in my crew, but not on my friends list and still identify them.   So if i have a crew with people in it who arent my friends i can switch crews then join on someone whos not even on my friends list.

Its a godo way to expand teh number of people you play with beyond your friends list.  But ive not found enough good crews to join. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

I am in 3 crews: One very old crew that took the name of the clan I am member of for a few years from another game, one that has some really cool friends and one big from here: http://gtaforums.com...roam-come-here/ . I was in a 4th but got demoted and I can`t stand those, especially since I haven`t done nothing to earn it. 

Not a bad idea to find people nice to play with, although the big one has some inviting issues...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users