Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are gun accessories and car colors so expensive?

41 replies to this topic
henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Thread name is self-explanatory.Gun accessories and some car colors are just way overpriced, how the hell can a silencer or an extended Uzi magazine cost more than 10k? I'm no gun expert, but those prices don't seem accurate at all. And is there any reason for how senselessly expensive car colors are? A single color might cost around 800, while a slightly brighter or darker one costs 9k.

Also, why can't all colors be unlocked from the start? Do I really have to make more 20 unique stunt jumps just to be able to paint my Vacca lemon green for 25k? It feels absurd, honestly.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Because earning things for game progress is the core fundamental of all games.

/thread

binLatin
  • binLatin

El Rey Supremo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Welcome to Los Santos
  • S-M-O-K-E likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Because "economy balancing"

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

/thread

Say that to CS. Or to GTA IV multiplayer. Or to most skill-based multiplayer games, actually.

I'm ok with gaining money in-game to purchase stuff, that does add an extra sense of accomplishment, but do the prices have to be so incoherent and absurd? And why does so many stuff have to be locked from the start? You don't just have to work your ass off to buy something, you have to work your ass off to be allowed to buy something.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

So you dont have everything completed within the 1st few days

This title is intended for long term development, that doesn't suit everyone's style of play but necessary imo

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Cash Cards.

• southparkmayor likes this

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Suppressors (no such thing as a silencer.)  can be very expensive IRL but normally never over 2k.  However in GTA:O 2k is pocket change and easy to get, so they needed to bump up the price.

As for car color.  Go try to get a really really nice paint job and tell me how much it is.  It will easily be over 10k for a multicolor/nicely done paint IRL.  Painting cars is REALLY expensive.

NickatNite89
  • NickatNite89

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

They gotta find ways to keep you playing.

Learning money is time consuming. But they want your gaming time spent playing GTA, not another MP Game.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

one word

cash cards

ok 2..

• southparkmayor likes this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

This title is intended for long term development, that doesn't suit everyone's style of play but necessary imo

But the coolest houses and vehicles are expensive as hell, and being able to customize them adds even more to that. It seems to take a lot of time to get everything you want, and having so much stuff locked in gun and car customization just feels absurd. Imagine going to a customs garage IRL: "You want that cool upgrade? Hah, hell naw, you have to win more races or do more stunts for me to accept your money!"

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Post #2 nailed it.

ocktos
  • ocktos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

ok, how is that any different then Call of duty making you get So many head shots... to get gun camo, or so many kills to get attachments.... all games fallow that same game design, to cry about it... is non-sense, where have you bin? its the social Norm in games now adays

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by AzraelX, 27 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

/thread

Say that to CS. Or to GTA IV multiplayer. Or to most skill-based multiplayer games, actually.

What?

CS requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any equipment other than the default stuff.

GTA4 requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any clothing other than the default stuff.

GTAO requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any skins other than the default stuff.

All other skill-based multiplayer games: same thing.

Welcome to every game that's ever existed since the dawn of mankind, where "playing" a game means to achieve a goal.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

/thread

What?

CS requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any equipment other than the default stuff.

GTA4 requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any clothing other than the default stuff.

GTAO requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get any skins other than the default stuff.

CS requires you to earn kills and objective completion to get more guns and equipment in EACH game. Furthermore, every player starts with a default pistol.

GTA4 unlocks clothing, not stuff that actually impacts the gameplay like guns and attachments or vehicle upgrades.

And I'm not against money and rank progression, I'm just against having all that stuff locked from the start. Nearly every extra is either locked or ridiculously and surrealistically expensive.

ok, how is that any different then Call of duty making you get So many head shots... to get gun camo, or so many kills to get attachments....

Exactly, it isn't any different from Call of Duty. Which is a bad thing to start with.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

/thread

What?

Welcome to every game that's ever existed since the dawn of mankind, where "playing" a game means to achieve a goal.

sh*tty comparison if I ever saw one

CS, win the first round buy the best stuff plus armor in the second

gta 4, all unlocks were purely cosmetical any weapons or cars had to be picked up in game

none of these are even remotely close to the system in gta 5

edit: now the cod comparison is a lot more accurate since it too requires a lot of grinding to unlock things that actually affect gameplay

but that's only been a relatively recent development

so not even close to every game ever since the dawn of mankind

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by DillBagnr, 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Thread name is self-explanatory.Gun accessories and some car colors are just way overpriced, how the hell can a silencer or an extended Uzi magazine cost more than 10k? I'm no gun expert, but those prices don't seem accurate at all. And is there any reason for how senselessly expensive car colors are? A single color might cost around 800, while a slightly brighter or darker one costs 9k.

Also, why can't all colors be unlocked from the start? Do I really have to make more 20 unique stunt jumps just to be able to paint my Vacca lemon green for 25k? It feels absurd, honestly.

If they weren't, then players would be able to buy everything and there'd be nothing they would look at and say, "I wish I had the money for that" and then go to the "buy fake money with real money" screen.

I'm not really sure that you can call it "earning" in CS.  I don't know if it's changed much from 1.5, but even if you're on the losing team, after the second round you should be able to buy all the gear you need.

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by stocksyuto, 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Its an intentional money sink to make people farm more because they think they need these items

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM Edited by henriquedematos, 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

If they weren't, then players would be able to buy everything and there'd be nothing they would look at and say, "I wish I had the money for that" and then go to the "buy fake money with real money" screen.

Except for all the ridiculously expensive stuff, like sports cars and airplanes. That can also be bought with real money. From the start.

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

metallic to pearlescent gets really expensive for the nice combinations.  its worth it tho cause they look sick.

NJDVolchenkov
  • NJDVolchenkov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

But the coolest houses and vehicles are expensive as hell, and being able to customize them adds even more to that. It seems to take a lot of time to get everything you want, and having so much stuff locked in gun and car customization just feels absurd. Imagine going to a customs garage IRL: "You want that cool upgrade? Hah, hell naw, you have to win more races or do more stunts for me to accept your money!"

Well maybe, JUST MAYBE this is a game and you need to chill on the realism.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

gta 4, all unlocks were purely cosmetical any weapons or cars had to be picked up in game

Sh*tty logic if I've ever seen it.

All games do the same thing, which you now admit. You're just nitpicking over how much is available to be earned.

Here's a clue for you, none of these unlocks were available in GTA4. Are you suggesting the game would be worse if they added the unlocks with some arbitrary conditions attached to them, rather than having them out of the game completely? That's ridiculous. With that comparison, GTA4 is the one that comes out looking worse.

And "all unlocks were purely cosmetical" is not something I want to hear from someone bitching about not having access to lemon green paint.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

All games do the same thing, which you now admit. You're just nitpicking over how much is available to be earned.

Here's a clue for you, none of these unlocks were available in GTA4. Are you suggesting the game would be worse if they added the unlocks with some arbitrary conditions attached to them, rather than having them out of the game completely? That's ridiculous. With that comparison, GTA4 is the one that comes out looking worse.

And "all unlocks were purely cosmetical" is not something I want to hear from someone bitching about not having access to lemon green paint.

I was the one bitching about the overpriced lemon green paint, not him - And I think he is right either way. It's not just for paints, it is guns, attachments for guns and vehicle upgrades that do have impact on the gameplay, which there wasn't in IV to start with.

Also, did you need any of that stuff for a good game in IV?

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I agree and it's also the same pattern for clothes, having to level up to around rank 80 for a new hat or pair of jeans is harsh when the rp gain is so slow. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 27 October 2013 - 05:31 PM.

hmm you're getting awefully confused here

no all the games do not do the same thing

this whole persistent upgrading perk buisiness ONLY started to become popular with games such as cod

before that it only really happened in true RPG's

take CS for example, no matter how much you play that game the weapons that are available to you never change

and the money you earn gets reset every game

in gta 4 any advantage in gear would have to be aquired during the course of a game and would not be saved

start a new game and you'd have to start from scratch

the only persistent progress was the amount of money you had which also directly dictated your level and which clothes you had acces too

in no way are any of these systems identical or even similar to the one in gta online

the system in place in gta online is more like COD than any of the other games you mentioned

ow and btw I never said anything about green paint, you must have me confused with some1 else

that will be all

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by biggsull, 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

What pisses me off is spending 13.5k on a beautiful blue color only to have the f*cking cars start showing up with it next to me, because its the color I have.

Any colors over 3k shouldnt show up on stock cars at all or they are next to f*cking pointless.

Tabarnaaaack
  • Tabarnaaaack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by Tabarnaaaack, 27 October 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Wouldn't games be so awesome if you never had to unlock anything and if everyone online used exactly the same thing.

Seriously this is the worst whine thread I've seen here in a while. Win ONE race with 5 people and you just made 13600$. That's 1-3 gun accessories. I'm getting effing bored with this game now, once you reach a certain level there's nothing you want or nothing new. I'm just going to rack up money until the new content and hopefully there's something new and better to buy.

Then just buy the cheap paint. Some people like to have unique colours, cars that stand out more, or just look better. Strange how the nicest ones/the ones that people will want the most are the most expensive. That's definitely not how to run a business when you have constant high demand for a product.

GTFO troll.

Bigsull; that's why you make it pearlescent instead.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Wouldn't games be so awesome if you never had to unlock anything and if everyone online used exactly the same thing.

Seriously this is the worst whine thread I've seen here in a while. Win ONE race with 5 people and you just made 13600$. That's 1-3 gun accessories. I'm getting effing bored with this game now, once you reach a certain level there's nothing you want or nothing new. I'm just going to rack up money until the new content and hopefully there's something new and better to buy.

Then just buy the cheap paint. Some people like to have unique colours, cars that stand out more, or just look better. Strange how the nicest ones/the ones that people will want the most are the most expensive. That's definitely not how to run a business when you have constant high demand for a product.

GTFO troll

^^^^

100% this (apart from the GTFO troll - no need)

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

For the same reason I have to pay 80 bucks for a new AK stock IRL and 200 for a new scope.  Gun accessories are expensive.

Emric
  • Emric

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I agree and it's also the same pattern for clothes, having to level up to around rank 80 for a new hat or pair of jeans is harsh when the rp gain is so slow. 

The rp gain is not slow.

I've played since launch and I'd say im starting to get near finished. Lv. 60+ with my garage complete.

The game was not meant for you to finish within a month, they want you to continue playing, so continue playing and it will come.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users