Photo

Has anyone noticed peds doing this?

26 replies to this topic
Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

It seems like pedestrians purposely get in your way on the road.

Like, sometimes, they'll decide to turn last minute when I'm speeding past them in the left hand lane...

Or sometimes when I'm driving towards an intersection, they will seemingly speed up just to collide with me, causing me to T-bone them.

They even decide to merge into the lane I'm trying pass them up in, where there's almost no space to merge so it doesn't make sense anyway.

Has anyone else noticed this?

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

it  is one thing that rockstar should fix, if you drive in hight speed other cars should get out your way on the fast lane.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

in GTA IV yes.... not in GTA V (i haven't noticed)

• Grand Cannon likes this

Seedy
  • Seedy

pissin in yer kitchen sink.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

i like this. Keeps you on your toes when driving.

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nowhere near as much as in GTA 4 which is nice. 

On 4 it was when you were driving in the fast lane and a car from the slower lane would turn into you 90% of the time.

In V it's more of the cars just turning on or off a main road and not noticing you coming at speed... technically we are in the wrong here as we are running reds and going at twice the speed limit... whereas in 4 it was more the other drivers were just set on full retard. So I do still notice it happening like you said but just not as much which I'm happy with lol 

• Grand Cannon likes this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, but I`m starting to think that`s it`s only in our heads since they don`t use direction signals Online, but do Offline. Sucks if you ask me, there were a lot of times when I overtake a civie and he suddenly decides to sharply turn and ram me.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've noticed this and it is completely irritating. Earlier today I actually had a ped coming head on swerve into my lane. I had got a hot car from Simeon so I has driving good. Luckily because of that, I didn't collide.

It is completely annoying as f*ck. It happens to me constantly. I am a huge racer online, and when traffic is on, it is so annoying. They do purposefully swerve into you. Also, I think R* has timing down so you will almost ALWAYS encounter a ped and a 4 way intersection. Also, maybe other racers noticed this, but say you're racing down a 2 lane country road (1 lane each direction), almost ALL of the traffic you encounter will have one person in front of you that you wish to pass, but a person coming head on at the same time so the 2 peds pass eachother at the same time disallowing you to pass with ease.  I swear, the only times I need to pass a ped in my lane, another ped is coming head on at the same f*cking time.

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I didn't know pedestrians merged and collided with cars...

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

You think this is annoying? Go play GTA IV and you'll see the huge difference. Get a car and drive on the Broker bridge. Man, everyone will literally smash against each other. 

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

There is actually a pretty fun spot when you leave on the freeway from Los Santos to Blaine Co. The three lane becomes two as one branches off an exit only. It never fails vehicles at the last minute merge into the middle(now right lane). Big trucks, cars whatever is driving and accidents always ensue.

It's pretty funny because I have seen this happen in real life on exit only lanes...always one rocket scientist realizes they are in the wrong lane. Anyway it's a fun spot to cause some accidents too.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

ive noticed this only happens in gta online though. 

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by GTA_dog, 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

I've noticed this. I believe it has something to do with your driving skill. Once the skill is fully upgraded, traffic seems to work with your driving, to an extent.

Okuplok
  • Okuplok

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I haven't noticed it much in V, but in IV there's a horrible bug where if the train goes under the Broker Bridge all the car's try to dodge it, which causes them to suddenly swerve across the road... very annoying.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

No I DEFINITELY agree with op on this one. It seems like exactly word for word what he said has been my exact experience witb AI driving around all the time since the beginning.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

At the least they don't outright jump in front of your car like SA.

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't get it

Pedestrians merging with traffic?

What in the f*ckity?

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

"Not a scratch killers"

Khartman
  • Khartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

As stated about, keeps you on your toes. I think its good the way it is.

I have seen some use blinkers, but mostly its like driving by where I live. People cutting you off, not using blinkers

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

I agree to an extent, but it's certainly better than IV. I was on the highway once in V and I car that kept overtaking me got chased by a cop who was watching the traffic. It was pretty cool.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Try to drive tow truck with car or two on freeway (i tred with the small one spawn next to Paleto Bay Customs) and every driver behind you will do some crazy sh*t trying to go ahead of you and avoid the towed cars.

Botanist
  • Botanist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

If there's shooting going on anywhere near me in GTA: O, it's bullsh*t. The cars will speed up and turn into the middle of the road where I'm going and cut me off almost every damn time.

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

i think they all use blinkers, they just are hard to see or come on just as they are making the change, also people making a right turn from a far left lane, wrecked a few cars just cuz of that last one.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Like, sometimes, they'll decide to turn last minute when I'm speeding past them in the left hand lane...

Or sometimes when I'm driving towards an intersection, they will seemingly speed up just to collide with me, causing me to T-bone them.

They even decide to merge into the lane I'm trying pass them up in, where there's almost no space to merge so it doesn't make sense anyway.

In gtao yes, because of lag, in sp no.

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

leaving-now.gif

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

GSF on the Vinewood Sign

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Or when I'm in a clusterf*ck accident, and I honk my horn for the other guy to go, and he doesn't go, so I'm like "f*ck it, I'll go then" and as I back up to go, the sh*theel decides NOW he'll go and I end up slamming into him again.  

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

it only happens to me when on a job.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

not exactly, more like situational but have never found it annoying, may be at times but then it also means we have to be equally conscious when to take turns.

I think in GTA 4 it was more noticeable 

again not noticed it but yeah makes no sense for such an act and more likely glitch in AI programming.

Ex: A man walks out of the car leaving the doors open and just walks away from the parking zone. He never returned till I stepped into the car and there he comes running behind the car out of nowhere. Strange?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users