Photo

Why do cops shoot at one star?

35 replies to this topic
Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

It's because in single player if you get arrested then time skips forward a bit and you get teleported to a police station. They can't implement the arrest feature into Online because time would just magically skip forward every time someone gets arrested.

At least that's my educated guess...

^^^

Thats a fair point but it would be so easy to code a spawn outside a police station similar to when dying and spawning outside a hospital. The mechanics are all there.

I have a sneaky suspicion that cops shooting and killing you (when hospital fees where $2K) was originally linked to cash cards. 

Now you don't pay anything to be killed by a cop, the elite aiming of these swat trained cops is pretty poor imo

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Cops shoot me at one star - particularly when I steal a car near the airport. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any idea why this happens?

Also, another separate issue - why is it that pedestrians can still set a bounty on me, AFTER I kill them when I steal their car?

That's kind of unrealistic.

because being busted isnt implemented in multiplayer.

simple fact.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by AzraelX, 27 October 2013 - 06:05 PM.

They shoot at you because they know people would be f*cking pissed if they got busted and lost $100,000 worth of ammo.

At max shooting stat, you can hold 10k ammo for every weapon that uses bullets. Do you want there to be a chance of losing that? I sure as hell don't. And I'd consider that to be A LOT LOT LOT worse than simply being shot.

Being busted has always been a lot worse than dying, to the point that most people in past GTA games would kill themselves before they'd let themselves get arrested. That's likely why Rockstar pulled back with it in this game. It's just something needlessly frustrating that people don't like.

In case anyone's not aware though, the police hanging around the airport really are more lethally responsive than normal police. I got murdered by the cops immediately when I tried to steal a car to enter the airport, and a friend watching it went "wow, that's some good airport security." I assume that's the point of it though, seeing as airports in real life now have military-grade security as well.

Maybe try honking your horn or doing donuts.  They will realize you are not going to shoot at them and they can arrest you instead.

^^^

Does this actually work?

Am tired of the keystone cops shooting me at every opportunity

Lmfao, no. It actually does the opposite.

You can earn a wanted level for harassing the police with your car horn.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by Revoemag, 27 October 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Fine no arrest for one star...then at least have the cops come at you with their billyclubs and beat the sh*t out of you...that's the way the cops do it in my city...

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

They should try to hit you with their car instead of stopping ten feet away, then :p

If they ever did do this, they'd need to make the police a lot more effective on foot, like give them max strength and the ability to knock you on the ground. They should also make it so if a cop sees you with a weapon out, or if you injure a police officer, or if you steal a police car, they'll use guns until you lose your wanted level. They should also shoot at you anytime you're using a vehicle of any kind.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I was walking along the sidewalk with a cop a few days ago.. no problems, both minding our own business. Then I jumped into one of those big garbage containers.  Apparently that was enough to set him off as he proceeded to put a bullet in my face LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users