Quantcast

» «
Photo

No Opinions And Thoughts On GTA V Are Allowed.

96 replies to this topic
SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 27 October 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Honestly, I think its just that people are getting upset that others are putting unrealistic expectations on the game and then are having a frenzy posting threads in this part of the forum that the game doesnt live up to them. People arent defending a multi billion dollar corperations, theyre defending reality. Rockstar cant possibly add every feature that every person wants, there has to be some kind of comprimise. People arent getting upset because some people dont like the game, they get upset because some people are complaining about trivial things that they would have done differently, not actual faults in the game itself.

I personally enjoyed the game, ive played it through twice and enjoyed both play throughs. I personally dont like the vehicle handling in the game and think that IV was superior. But I dont post up 3 threads every 30 minutes crying about it, because it is just my preference and not an actual fault in the game, I can see the sense in why the simplified the handling.

Dont act like R* stole your money here, they didnt force you to buy it on release date before the user reviews were written. Some people really just need to grow up.

Exactly this.

I too prefer IV's driving, and by a large margin. I also never felt the urge to make a new thread everyday about it.

OP, its got nothing to do with opinions not 'being allowed'. If people were coming through and dropping their 2 cents so be it. But there are people harping, and repeating themselves over and over. It gets old and does nothing to improve the game.

Endlessly repeating requests is what children do, in the hopes that the answer to the question will change (usually from no, to yes).
  • MindCorrupt and keeronv like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

welcome to what they calll fourms ....

where if you had a opinion ... your going to catch slander from someone...

sometimes you may be lucky enough and get banned for having an opinion....

i know from experience....

Are you The Scottish Guy? He did get banned for an opinion. :sly:

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Rockstar does NOT read these forums. They only read their support page comments. FACT. We are nothing.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Rockstar does NOT read these forums. They only read their support page comments. FACT. We are nothing.

I dont know who you think Rockstar are, they are not Multidimensional Beings or Gods, they are just Normal People a.k.a Human Beings.

Companies do something called market research, or They research their customers.

Rockstar have spent $265 MIllion on GTA V, so yes i would think they would take the time to read through forums.

Rockstar are people.. Game Developers and Publishers use the internet like everyone else, so Rockstar Employees will read through forums. Whether its this forum or Reddit they will research their audience. They will also look at youtube reviews and videos etc.

TO THINK A COMPANY HAS SPENT $265 MILLION, YOU THINK THEIR NOT GOING TO RESEARCH THEIR AUDIENCE ??? 

LOL

BIllions of people use the internet, so i think Rockstar will Take a look at peoples reactions,opinions and thoughts,  its something called research. Every company does it.

If a MULTI BILLION CORPORATION Such As MIcrosoft does Research on Customers, then i think rockstar will too. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think some serious, honest talk about the many problems of GTA V need to be talked about so that maybe MAYBE  one of the R* people can read it and understand WTF is up. You can't change the formula of a game like GTA and just automatically try and force people to like it. Too much changed and left a lot of fans feeling alienated. I think everyone has a right to their opinion and shouldn't get attacked for iot unless they are an obvious dip sh*t. The R* fan boys are the worst. The way they defend it like nothings wrong and everybody else is crazy. I just don't get how someone could be so blind. R* set a standard years ago and they didn't stick to it so we need to hold them to that standard. Something happened in R* developement. Bad decisions and design choices. Innovation has been left at the door. Proof of this, just to mention 1, is the two Shamal planes. They're the same planes but different colors and names. How sad is that? R* needs to hear it, but they're so arrognat that I doubt they will listen. The fame and money has went to their heads. The downward spiral isn't far away.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Nobody cares about opinions here. I love GTA V, some sh*t disappointing me, other stuff surprised me and even other stuff over exceeded my expectations... but people here just dont give a sh*t pal.

get used to it.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Nobody cares about opinions here. I love GTA V, some sh*t disappointing me, other stuff surprised me and even other stuff over exceeded my expectations... but people here just dont give a sh*t pal.

get used to it.

And this is whats wrong with the community.

Im on many different forums,

In those other forums, we have civilized conversations and share stories and talk to one another like Human Beings talk to each other in real life and we also share opinions and people actually do care.

I just think people need to let each other share their opinions. Thats All.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 27 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

This is the internet. Welcome to the internet. Don't take ANYTHING personal when you are here, you shouldn't even take it seriously when you are out there in "real life".

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 10:10 PM.

This is the internet. Welcome to the internet. Don't take ANYTHING personal when you are here, you shouldn't even take it seriously when you are out there in "real life".

I dont take anything personal LOL..

In a forum like this, its impossible to take things personal LMAO.

Im just trying to get my point across, in that people should be able to share their opinions.

Ive used the internet for over 15 years LOL, its only the past year, that it has become Negative and completely crazy.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

You know putting 'FACT' next to something doesnt exactly make it true. R* staff have posted on gtaforums in the past.

But to be honest, the way some of you behave its no suprise they dont show themselves on here. Doesnt mean they dont browse the forums however.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 10:04 PM.

You know putting 'FACT' next to something doesnt exactly make it true. R* staff have posted on gtaforums in the past.

But to be honest, the way some of you behave its no suprise they dont show themselves on here. Doesnt mean they dont browse the forums however.

LMFAO, thats what i said earlier lmfao.

Some people dont have a clue how the world works.

Companies do research, all the research is very easy nowadays, all they have to do is go on Facebook, youtube, twitter or forums such as these.

All they have to do is read peoples reactions, their opinions and thoughts. Rockstar are Human Beings not GODS, they will use the internet like everyone else does.

I doubt Rockstar will come here anymore though LMAO.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

get used to it.

And this is whats wrong with the community.

Im on many different forums,

In those other forums, we have civilized conversations and share stories and talk to one another like Human Beings talk to each other in real life and we also share opinions and people actually do care.

I just think people need to let each other share their opinions. Thats All.

Well I was perfectly civil and polite with you when addressing your arguments. Just because there are a few kids around here who will shout and curse when they're defending R*, doesn't mean we should all be grouped together.

Same works both ways. There are just as many (if not more) annoying trolls spouting off hate over the most pathetic and trivial sh*t.....like our friend AtomicPunk up there. The irony of him coming into this thread and claiming "The R* fan boys are the worst", while all he's been doing since release is butting into threads that have nothing to do with peoples criticism of the game, just to remind us how sh*t and terrible V is, was not lost on me.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Well I was perfectly civil and polite with you when addressing your arguments. Just because there are a few kids around here who will shout and curse when they're defending R*, doesn't mean we should all be grouped together.

Same works both ways. There are just as many (if not more) annoying trolls spouting off hate over the most pathetic and trivial sh*t.....like our friend AtomicPunk up there. The irony of him coming into this thread and claiming "The R* fan boys are the worst", while all he's been doing since release is butting into threads that have nothing to do with peoples criticism of the game, just to remind us how sh*t and terrible V is, was not lost on me.

Yes you was Perfectly civil, ! 

Its just the Majority of people who dont know how to be civil.

It will never change, so we just have to deal with it

Most of them are kids so they dont know right from wrong LOL.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I can have civil conversations with somebody like Official General who though we don't agree much of the time at least he brings up intelligent points and doesn't insult those who feel differently. On the other hand in that game of the year award thread there was somebody outright that anybody that thinks GTA V has good gameplay is a sheep. I have also heard V fans compared to battered women.

Also Rockstar does listen to the fans. Parts of V seem like a blatant attempt to satisfy people that hated IV and yet people still endlessly complain. I don't what the hell will make some people happy so how are they supposed to know?

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Also Rockstar does listen to the fans. Parts of V seem like a blatant attempt to satisfy people that hated IV and yet people still endlessly complain. I don't what the hell will make some people happy so how are they supposed to know?

This is exactly what grinds my gears about the SA fanboys. After IV released, all we heard was "wahh no planes wahh no custom cars wahh no haircuts wahh no tattoos wahh".

R* brought all these things back....but no no. Now it's "wahh no gang wars wahh no house robberies"....hell, now we have depository van robberies - which is a hell of alot more entertaining than tediously creeping around somebody's house imo.

Like I always say, some people can never let go, and won't be happy until they get a 2.0 remake of something.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

This is exactly what grinds my gears about the SA fanboys. After IV released, all we heard was "wahh no planes wahh no custom cars wahh no haircuts wahh no tattoos wahh".

R* brought all these things back....but no no. Now it's "wahh no gang wars wahh no house robberies"....hell, now we have depository van robberies - which is a hell of alot more entertaining than tediously creeping around somebody's house imo.

Like I always say, some people can never let go, and won't be happy until they get a 2.0 remake of something.

Also we heard people complain about no countryside and now we have too much countryside. We heard people endlessly complain about the driving and now they complain that it isn't like IV anymore. God himself can't satisfy some of these people.

• Lucchese likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Also we heard people complain about no countryside and now we have too much countryside. We heard people endlessly complain about the driving and now they complain that it isn't like IV anymore. God himself can't satisfy some of these people.

While he may not realize it, you guys are exactly the type of posters the TC mentioned in his OP.  Yeah, you're not insulting him, but you're still trying to tell people that they should not make suggestions or voice their opinions if the game is not what they wanted.

So what if R* can't please anyone?  So what if they can't put everything under the sun into the game? 

The point is, this is a place we can come to and talk about the game whether it be positive or negative.  If someone makes a suggestion and it never gets put into the game, so what?  Life goes on.  Again, this, along with other GTA sites is a place for people to discuss what they would like to see in the series.  These people come here to see if others share their opinions and again, just to have a conversation (humans are social creatures after all) with like minded people.

Of course, not everyone does it in a rational manner, but those posts should be ignored.  However, people love to rubber neck.  Whenever they see a troll thread like "GTA V SUCKS!!!", they can't help themselves but jump on it.  Personally, I ignore those threads...same as I ignore posts from the "Rockstar made a billion dollars, best game ever, 10/10 from IGN" guy.

• keeronv likes this

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by keeronv, 28 October 2013 - 12:32 AM.

So what if R* can't please anyone?  So what if they can't put everything under the sun into the game? 

The point is, this is a place we can come to and talk about the game whether it be positive or negative.  If someone makes a suggestion and it never gets put into the game, so what?  Life goes on.  Again, this, along with other GTA sites is a place for people to discuss what they would like to see in the series.  These people come here to see if others share their opinions and again, just to have a conversation (humans are social creatures after all) with like minded people.

Of course, not everyone does it in a rational manner, but those posts should be ignored.  However, people love to rubber neck.  Whenever they see a troll thread like "GTA V SUCKS!!!", they can't help themselves but jump on it.  Personally, I ignore those threads...same as I ignore posts from the "Rockstar made a billion dollars, best game ever, 10/10 from IGN" guy.

I agree !!

I Couldnt agree more!!

Especially the Last 2 Paragraphs, well said..

But this site will never be a place to discuss and share opinions.

But thats why forums exist, so i think its pretty crazy how its so hard to share an opinion, Forums exist to share opinions and Topics.

It baffles my mind, i dont really understand what forums are for anymore.

Just to argue and talk sh*t to each other, it seems.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

@bish0p2004

You clearly didn't read our posts (or any of my earlier posts in this thread) properly if you think we're talking about everyone who has a complaint.

Hell, I myself have a complaint - the story was too short for me. But it's no game breaker, and I can appreciate all the other stuff to more than make up for it.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by keeronv, 28 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

@bish0p2004

You clearly didn't read our posts (or any of my earlier posts in this thread) properly if you think we're talking about everyone who has a complaint.

Hell, I myself have a complaint - the story was too short for me. But it's no game breaker, and I can appreciate all the other stuff to more than make up for it.

He probably didnt read your other posts LOL.

O well, he had some good points in the last 2 paragraphs though.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Let's be honest though, 90% of people who bag the game are GTA IV fanboys who aren't ready to move on to a new GTA and hate how it's not exactly the same as IV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

Let's be honest though, 90% of people who bag the game are GTA IV fanboys who aren't ready to move on to a new GTA and hate how it's not exactly the same as IV.

It's funny how they are in the same exact position as SA fans were when IV came out.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

This is the internet. No matter what side you take people will attack you. The difference is this site is dedicated to GTA games, so most of the people here are die hard GTA fans.

Some of us die hard GTA fans can discuss differing opinions maturely, but most people are unable to have a civil conversation about the game. This is the case on both sides of the argument.

Some people think GTA V is the sh*ttiest thing ever and if you liked it your a fanboy. Some people think GTA V is perfect and anyone who has issues is a whining baby.

Both sides are a prime example of how the internet has degraded societies ability to communicate. Nothing we can do but cling to the few descent people we come across.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

@bish0p2004

Guilty. My bad was at work and was skimming the last page.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

Huge difference between " I don't like this in the game because of this this and this and doing this would improve my experience" and "The game is overrated, rockstar dumbed down gta v because noobs couldn't play it, rockstar lied..." see the difference ? Saddly we get mostly the second ones.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by Official General, 28 October 2013 - 02:35 AM.

As about this game, there are some people who call this game outright BAD, now THAT'S absurd. I mean, developers at Rockstar have put countless hours of their life in it, to develop this game. Atleast those so called "opinions givers" should keep that in mind before blindly criticizing it.

Errm, what the f**k has that got to do with anything ?? I don't give a f**k if Rockstar took a whole millennia to make GTA V - if they made it and it fell short of expectations in the eyes of many, then it rightly deserves to be criticized. These guys makes hundreds of millions of dollars from game sales each year or so, they don't give a flyin' f**k about your appreciation of their work and efforts, they just want you to buy the game. 

Stop bowing down to those guys, we and you don't owe them sh*t. 

• Bonnano likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

But I thought no one liked GTA IV or that's what we were lead to believe for 5 long years. :p

Personally I don't hate GTA V at all. It's second only to GTA IV IMO, but I do feel like it didn't reach its full potential like it was hyped to be. I remember when GTA IV was new and it was the only game I played for about 4 months including multiplayer. I've barely touched GTAO and have played some other games and GTA V has only been out for a bit over a month. I finished my 2nd save the other day and have played more of GTA IV since.

Really for how much GTA V has had to build from I'm quite surprised by the amount of things it's thrown into the trash. People bitched and moaned (still so in fact) how GTA IV "removed' things from the previous GTAs, but GTA V is a far worse culprit. Gameplay mechanics didn't have to be built from the ground up and it's had 3 games to learn its craft from (GTA IV, RDR and MP3. Maybe throw MC:LA in there too). GTA IV was a pioneer.

It just feels like to me some things were done very well while others were done half assed to appease the GTA IV whiners. Like the friend system for example. I get that people moaned about the friends calling all the time, but I'm not even sure why they even bothered with it in GTA V. It's something I loved in GTA IV, but I've barely touched it in GTA V because it feels so useless.

Overall I think GTA V is definitely one of the best games of the year, but for me having more features and a bigger map doesn't make it a better game than GTA IV considering it had far more advantages than GTA IV ever did.

I feel it lacks charm, heart and soul and a game that feels like it was made out of obligation than something R* really wanted to make.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I love it when people don't know what the f*ck they're talking about.

When the PS3 files of GTA V were leaked, R* asked the moderators not to allow any of the leaked stuff on these forums. THAT. is a fact.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Huge difference between " I don't like this in the game because of this this and this and doing this would improve my experience" and "The game is overrated, rockstar dumbed down gta v because noobs couldn't play it, rockstar lied..." see the difference ? Saddly we get mostly the second ones.

Exactly this. They say al sorts of things and then say no fanboys should reply... Like our friend stingray or atomicpunk. They start off with a sh*tty OP saying cockstar, sh*tty game, failure etc and expect to have civil conversation afterwards. They are just like baiters, I don't call myself a fan boy but some posts just need to be called out because of the massive whiny vibe they give off.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

As about this game, there are some people who call this game outright BAD, now THAT'S absurd. I mean, developers at Rockstar have put countless hours of their life in it, to develop this game. Atleast those so called "opinions givers" should keep that in mind before blindly criticizing it.

Errm, what the f**k has that got to do with anything ?? I don't give a f**k if Rockstar took a whole millennia to make GTA V - if they made it and it fell short of expectations in the eyes of many, then it rightly deserves to be criticized. These guys makes hundreds of millions of dollars from game sales each year or so, they don't give a flyin' f**k about your appreciation of their work and efforts, they just want you to buy the game. 

Stop bowing down to those guys, we and you don't owe them sh*t.

Take this for example, his point is basically. Like gta v = bowing down to rockstar and rockstar doesn't need you to bow down to them because they already have your money. How do you logically reply to that?

Btw dude there is something called purpose and adults use it to make their life mean something and not be defined by money. That is the reason billionaires don't just stop working after their first billion (ie microsoft) everyone just wants to revolutionize the field they are in and rockstar is the same, that's why even though their a billion dollar company they can still care.

But you wouldn't understand that I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users