Quantcast

» «
Photo

No Opinions And Thoughts On GTA V Are Allowed.

96 replies to this topic
IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Who told you opinions are not allowed, if an opinion is neglected by somebody that doesn't mean it's factually wrong. I'm sure you also at some time you came over something where YOU disagreed with somebody else's opinion. It's perfectly normal.

As about this game, there are some people who call this game outright BAD, now THAT'S absurd. I mean, developers at Rockstar have put countless hours of their life in it, to develop this game. Atleast those so called "opinions givers" should keep that in mind before blindly criticizing it.

my 2 cents

How is it absurd? Just because time is put into something doesn't necessarily mean it deserves praise to the high heavens. This game has its faults and people rightly so call it out. But for people not allowed to say a bad word against their gods R* without being called a fa**ot is just wrong.  

I think you didn't quite get what I said. I respect people's opinions, even I say that this game is not perfect. My personal score for this game is 94/100. Go to metacritic and take a look at the "hated it" reviews. Many users gave the game 0/10.

We have complete playable game here, how can it be 0/10? Absurd... in my opinion  ;)

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 27 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

There's a difference between ocassionally saying "I hated that feature in V" in the correct thread, but it's a whole 'nother thing to go around every other damn thread saying "GTA V SUX AZZ COCKSTAR RIPED ME OF YOUR ALL RONG I AM RITE SAN ANDREAS WUZ DA VEST GTA EVEUR ANYJUAN WHO DISAGREE WIT ME ARE COD FANBOYS  #MORROWIND!!!11"

That's why people get ripped on when they constantly bitch about a game like it's an old girlfriend that screwed their dads. sh*t gets annoying.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

There's a difference between ocassionally saying "I hated that feature in V" in the correct thread, but it's a whole 'nother thing to go around every other damn thread saying "GTA V SUX AZZ COCKSTAR RIPED ME OF YOUR ALL RONG I AM RITE SAN ANDREAS WUZ DA VEST GTA EVEUR ANYJUAN WHO DISAGREE WIT ME ARE COD FANBOYS  #MORROWIND!!!11"

That's why people get ripped on when they constantly bitch about a game like it's an old girlfriend that screwed their dads. sh*t gets annoying.

EXactly. I have had respectful disagreements with people who weren't crazy about V but when people act like R personally victimized them or compare people who like the game to abused women I just have to roll my eyes. The haters are just as bad as the fanboys.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I think people have a right to their opinions. You are right about people on this forum. Some people don't get it though...this may be a "fan" forum but many of the people here need to go start an actual FAN page.

I like GTA it's a good game, but there are serious issues. As a fan of the GTA franchise and R* I am more sad at the lost potential. Although a simple patch could implement many of the issues and things missing from the games singleplayer that could raise a 8.8 to a 9.5. I am going to be real pissed if R* pulls a THQ and sells us gang wars for singleplayer in a DLC pack.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

This whole "we need to criticise in order for them to improve" argument doesn't cut it as far as R* are concerned.

It's not as if they've being going backwards with their games...(well, according to some on this forum they have...but these guys are the loud minority anyway). I've said it before and I'll say it again; every R* title just gets better and better in my opinion, (Max Payne 3 was a severely underrated game).

Of course, this is all subjective opinion, but nobody can deny that R* are a company who pride themselves in the dedication and effort that go into their highly detailed games. They are not Activision...or any other lazy milking developer. If you disagree with this, then you're simply kidding yourselves...or you have unachievable standards.

I'm not saying their games are inch by inch flawless - nothing is - and you're fully entitled to voice any displeasures you may have, but you have to keep in mind that not everybody can be pleased. 

R* heard the angry shouting when IV released, that it didn't have planes/countryside/customisable cars/etc etc, and they brought all this back to please all the complainers (though I don't believe this was the sole reason for the return of these features), yet the annoying SA fanboys still have to bitch and whine like a toddler complaining it's chocolate milk didn't taste the same as the last glass.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; R* is a company who don't require consumer criticism to drive them forward -  they do it themselves with their innovation and ambition.

tl;dr - learn to f*cking read...

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think people have a right to their opinions. You are right about people on this forum. Some people don't get it though...this may be a "fan" forum but many of the people here need to go start an actual FAN page.

I like GTA it's a good game, but there are serious issues. As a fan of the GTA franchise and R* I am more sad at the lost potential. Although a simple patch could implement many of the issues and things missing from the games singleplayer that could raise a 8.8 to a 9.5. I am going to be real pissed if R* pulls a THQ and sells us gang wars for singleplayer in a DLC pack.

I agree !

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

This whole "we need to criticise in order for them to improve" argument doesn't cut it as far as R* are concerned.

It's not as if they've being going backwards with their games...(well, according to some on this forum they have...but these guys are the loud minority anyway). I've said it before and I'll say it again; every R* title just gets better and better in my opinion, (Max Payne 3 was a severely underrated game).

Of course, this is all subjective opinion, but nobody can deny that R* are a company who pride themselves in the dedication and effort that go into their highly detailed games. They are not Activision...or any other lazy milking developer. If you disagree with this, then you're simply kidding yourselves...or you have unachievable standards.

I'm not saying their games are inch by inch flawless - nothing is - and you're fully entitled to voice any displeasures you may have, but you have to keep in mind that not everybody can be pleased. 

R* heard the angry shouting when IV released, that it didn't have planes/countryside/customisable cars/etc etc, and they brought all this back to please all the complainers (though I don't believe this was the sole reason for the return of these features), yet the annoying SA fanboys still have to bitch and whine like a toddler complaining it's chocolate milk didn't taste the same as the last glass.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; R* is a company who don't require consumer criticism to drive them forward -  they do it themselves with their innovation and ambition.

tl;dr - learn to f*cking read...

You have some good points in there.

But do you know where i think all the disappointment and high expectations come from ??

THE NEXT GEN CONSOLES.

Because they are coming out next month, alot of us was expecting GTA V to be next gen.

GTA V is a GOOD game, BUT, it simply is NOT NEXT GEN, 

I think thats were most of peoples disappointment comes from.

Although you have some good points, I BELIEVE WE NEED TO CRITICIZE ROCKSTAR AND GTA V LIKE WE CRITICIZE ANY OTHER GAME OR MOVIE OR CONSOLE OR GADGET OR PHONE.

They have to listen to the fans.. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH XBOX ONE, EVERYONE COMPLAINED AND THEY SWITCHED EVERYTHING. MICROSOFT ARE A MUCH, MUCH BIGGER COMPANY THAN ROCKSTAR, ROCKSTAR WILL HAVE TO LISTEN TO PEOPLES CRITICISMS.

Without Negative feedback or Criticism it is impossible to improve your game. GTA IS Not made for 300 Rockstar Employees, its made for Millions worldwide, so they have to listen to what the people want.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

You are 100% correct. Sadly we may have to wait a year or two until this section dies down and most of the mindless new idiots are gone. I mean you cannot criticize the game without problems. Some dumb troll Ola44 says I bitch all of the time just because he saw like what 3 of my complaint posts. And I still remember Prominent Fate claiming I have no life for complaining. It is stupid. What is this, f*cking YouTube. This place was cool a year ago, then it just got bad in 2013.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

You are 100% correct. Sadly we may have to wait a year or two until this section dies down and most of the mindless new idiots are gone. I mean you cannot criticize the game without problems. Some dumb troll Ola44 says I bitch all of the time just because he saw like what 3 of my complaint posts. And I still remember Prominent Fate claiming I have no life for complaining. It is stupid. What is this, f*cking YouTube. This place was cool a year ago, then it just got bad in 2013.

Lol, yeah it reminds me of youtube too. 

All i see on youtube is arguements, its crazy LOL

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

What was the point of Max Payne 3? Max Payne 1 & 2 were classics and told an amazing story. By the end of the second game we had closure for Max Payne's character. He finally came to peace with himself and accepted the fact that his loved ones were gone. A third game was completely unnecessary. But Rockstar have to get their greedy little hands on a story that didn't needed to be expanded upon. So they ruin his character by making him relapse for no apparent reason and turn him into a self-hating fat slop who swears a lot. 

Nothing in the first 2 games would suggest he'd turn out like this. Anyone who enjoyed Max Payne 3 clearly didn't play the first two.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

What was the point of Max Payne 3?

It was a game with an interesting story that was fun to play.  Great soundtrack too.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

It was a game with an interesting story that was fun to play.  Great soundtrack too.

No it wasn't

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Staten, 27 October 2013 - 06:06 PM.

No it wasn't

Wasn't it?  Wait there, I'll just go and check.

EDIT:  I'm back!  Seems I was right first time.  While it's not exactly as great as GTA V, it's still very good.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yeah it's worse than GTA V

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

@keeronv

If people were telling themselves that GTA V was a next gen game, then they have nobody else to blame but themselves for their disappointment. I don't ever recall R* claiming V was a next gen title. Ever.

And as for your point regarding consumer criticism and people power affecting a corporations product policies, Xbox One is hardly a comparable example here. The complaints surrounding V, and the number of people making those complaints, is nowhere near the scale of the (quite rightfully) angry reception to Microsofts bullsh*t initial plans to bleed us dry.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

How can a company please the consumer when the consumer doesn't even seem to know what they want. 

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

How can a company please the consumer when the consumer doesn't even seem to know what they want. 

It's easy enough when most of the consumers consume sh*t like Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

It's easy enough when most of the consumers consume sh*t like Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

MP3 did not sell that well. 

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

GOOD!

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

This is not a complaining forum, this is a discussion forum, where we are supposed to discuss with mature and solid points like in this topic, BUT you are defending people that doesn't follow this "code". As you can see, solid topics die fast between all the inmature complains about GTA V, and that's not fanboy's fault.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

This is not a complaining forum, this is a discussion forum, where we are supposed to discuss with mature and solid points like in this topic, BUT you are defending people that doesn't follow this "code". As you can see, solid topics die fast between all the inmature complains about GTA V, and that's not fanboy's fault.

nah uh!

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

This is not a complaining forum, this is a discussion forum.

Where you can have complaints reasonably thought out, which is what I do, but I still get hate. Is that really hard to you to understand? Maybe you just don't comprehend how a forum works. :dozing: You people, I swear to god, are the biggest reasons why I lose faith in humanity, LOL!

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ironic, because based on what I've seen, often the only ones "not allowed" to have opinions on this forum are the ones who think Rockstar did a good job. The usual conversation goes like this:

Guy1: Oh my god this game is terrible online is awful there is nothing to do this game sucks COCKstar is worse than hitler

Guy2: The game isn't bad - I think it's pretty good act-

Guy1: WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU SUCK COCKSTARS COCK YOU COCKRIDING COCKFACE f*ck YOU ROCKSTAR SUCKS YOU SHEEP

• DeafMetal and John Smith like this

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Max Payne 1 and 2 Are Classics, i can play them today and still enjoy them.

I played Max Payne 3 for about 2 hours I didnt enjoy it that much.

It still had a pretty solid story from what i played , but the gameplay was nothing compared to max payne 1 and 2.

It felt like there was more cutscenes than gameplay. I couldnt play it for longer than about 3 - 4 missions. It didnt feel like a max payne game.

There was no grittyness or Darkness or weirdness or anything that resembles Max Payne except for him Drinking alone talking to himself.

Its funny how people hate the Max Payne movie, but love Max Payne 3.

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

GOOD!

LOL

keeronv
  • keeronv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by keeronv, 27 October 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Ironic, because based on what I've seen, often the only ones "not allowed" to have opinions on this forum are the ones who think Rockstar did a good job. The usual conversation goes like this:

Guy1: Oh my god this game is terrible online is awful there is nothing to do this game sucks COCKstar is worse than hitler

Guy1: WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU SUCK COCKSTARS COCK YOU COCKRIDING COCKFACE f*ck YOU ROCKSTAR SUCKS YOU SHEEP

True,

I dont agree with people who FULL ON RAGE OUT at Rockstar, but i think people are entitled to have an opinion and they are welcome to dislike GTA V.

People who are Full on Raging about it, there is no need for that, but Criticism is necessary. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sorry but I barely see any of that and the people who hate on those that see nothing wrong with the game are stupid. It isn't "ironic" because I happen to see more people hating on those who have even just 1 criticism.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Honestly, I think its just that people are getting upset that others are putting unrealistic expectations on the game and then are having a frenzy posting threads in this part of the forum that the game doesnt live up to them. People arent defending a multi billion dollar corperations, theyre defending reality. Rockstar cant possibly add every feature that every person wants, there has to be some kind of comprimise. People arent getting upset because some people dont like the game, they get upset because some people are complaining about trivial things that they would have done differently, not actual faults in the game itself.

I personally enjoyed the game, ive played it through twice and enjoyed both play throughs. I personally dont like the vehicle handling in the game and think that IV was superior. But I dont post up 3 threads every 30 minutes crying about it, because it is just my preference and not an actual fault in the game, I can see the sense in why the simplified the handling.

Dont act like R* stole your money here, they didnt force you to buy it on release date before the user reviews were written. Some people really just need to grow up.

• SmoothGetaway, John Smith and keeronv like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

IMO every developer needs to hear criticism. Whether this happens from the reviewers or from the fans. Having thoughts and opinions are a good thing...

That said saying 

"OMG GTA V ISN'T NEXT GEN! WHERE ARE ALL THE TREES?! WHY NO ZIPPO LIGHTER? GTA ONLINE SUCKS OMG ROCKSTAR SUCKS AND STOLE MY MONEY!" is not criticism. It's vomit through a keyboard. If you can state what you like and dislike about the game maturely, you're far more likely to have a good conversation than you are to get people flaming you. 

• DeafMetal and Scaglietti like this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 27 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

welcome to what they calll fourms ....

where if you had a opinion ... your going to catch slander from someone...

sometimes you may be lucky enough and get banned for having an opinion....

i know from experience....

• keeronv likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users