Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free Aim Servers.

117 replies to this topic

Poll: Free Aim Server Missions Should Pay More Rep and Money. (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Free Aim Servers Pay more Rep and Money?

1. Yes. (67 votes [70.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.53%

2. No. (28 votes [29.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

How about just making it so it's not impossible to find full free aim servers.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

You free aim people are acting like it's buried somewhere in the menu where it's nearly impossible to find. Anyone that goes to settings will see aiming can be changed. Guess what, most people aren't changing it and you need to deal with that. .

We are dealing with it.

By complaining about how stupid auto aim is..   Given the fact that Death Matches are grave yards already il be bitching about how stupid auto aim is and how stupid the players are that use it for a very long time.

Can you deal with that?

Yes. By never going to a free aim lobby. Every single one of you has a stick up your ass. I'd rather play with fellow "auto aim cheaters" that like to have fun. 

Good for you....

Id rather have a big stick up my ass ..   At least that's a lot more fun then tapping the Auto Aim Lock on function and just shooting everyone it snaps onto for fun.    YAY!!!

Lock on shoot, lock on shoot.. YAY YAY.. Die, spawn, lock on and shoot YAY!

f*ck that,, gimme a stick, some lube and shove it up my ass any day.   

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

"R* put AA in game"

No.  R* put Auto Aim in GTA V and most little kids kept their Auto Aim on instead of going to free aim, and because of the lack of skill and R*'s incompitence to start everyone on FA, there are more auto aimers in GTA:O.

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Oh look, another elitist free aim user that thinks he should get special treatment because he's in the minority. 

That's one way of looking at it...  Judging by your post I can say.

"Hey look, another loud mouth noob who considers auto aim equal to free aim".

Bottom line, auto aim is a cheat and cheaters should not get the same rewards and players who actually play the game.

Auto Aim is not a cheat... it's a gameplay mechanic that R* decided to put into the game..

Any option that allows you play the game without actually playing or using any effort is a cheat.

Sure in R* bizzaro world they considered it default.  But in the real world AUTO AIM is a joke and is considered cheating.  In most games you would need to use a program to allow aim bots to pull off what Auto aim does in GTA V

You still need to move around to Auto-Aim.. Take cover with Auto-Aim. Drive your cars from point a. to point b. etc. etc. There is still gameplay there that requires players to use their controllers. I agree that it's nowhere near as hard as playing Free-Aim but don't be ignorant... You still have to play the game to shoot.. L2 + whatever is still playing the game.. Dodge Rolling is still playing.. Strafing is still playing. If you feel this way I can only imagine how you feel about games that add QTE in their campaigns.. takes all of the control away from you and allows you to only press buttons that appear on screen... Is that cheating too? I'm pretty sure it's just a game mechanic that that particular developer decided to input into their games.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Oh look, another elitist free aim user that thinks he should get special treatment because he's in the minority. 

When did you last see any threads about giving Auto-aim players additional RP and cash? Or claiming that they're somehow superior for choosing a certain aiming system?

Think about it.

• Trenchfoot321 likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

You free aim people are acting like it's buried somewhere in the menu where it's nearly impossible to find. Anyone that goes to settings will see aiming can be changed. Guess what, most people aren't changing it and you need to deal with that. Not everyone wants to have to develop shooting skills with a controller just to play a game where they like to go around driving cars and blowing things up.

it is buried, you need to go to single player and change it in the settings there

go into the settings in online and it's greyed out without any explanation or anything

that's pretty f*cking obscure if you ask me, not exactly rocket science but still pretty f*cking backwards.

you auto-aim noobs act like free aim is like threading a needle while in a high speed car chase

it's not that hard.

besides with your logic why am I even steering this car?

I just want a game where I can shop for clothes and build custom cars

it's retarded to have auto aim in multiplayer so any1 arguing any different is retarded as well

It's also retarded to race in a Sultan RS, therefore anyone who likes pizza is green.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

When did you last see any threads about giving Auto-aim players additional RP and cash? Or claiming that they're somehow superior for choosing a certain aiming system?

Think about it.

Ok, thought about it.

Why the f*ck should people who use a cheat option to allow the game to play itself get additional RP and Cash?

Maybe you should think about it...

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

"R* put AA in game"

No.  R* put Auto Aim in GTA V and most little kids kept their Auto Aim on instead of going to free aim, and because of the lack of skill and R*'s incompitence to start everyone on FA, there are more auto aimers in GTA:O.

Why does the game HAVE to be started in Free Aim? What justifies that being the only acceptable default setting? Believe it or not, some players enjoy limited shooting mechanics where they don't have to practice and develop their skills to shoot and kill someone.. it's called ease of access. I understand the Free-Aim guys who want competition and are mad because it's hard to find with the current settings but maybe the majority just enjoy the easy game mechanics over more complex ones. There are much better shooters out there with better aiming mechanics.. I'm sure if that's all someone was concerned about then they would get their competitive fix elsewhere..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Bottom line, auto aim is a cheat and cheaters should not get the same rewards and players who actually play the game.

Auto Aim is not a cheat... it's a gameplay mechanic that R* decided to put into the game..

Any option that allows you play the game without actually playing or using any effort is a cheat.

Sure in R* bizzaro world they considered it default.  But in the real world AUTO AIM is a joke and is considered cheating.  In most games you would need to use a program to allow aim bots to pull off what Auto aim does in GTA V

You still need to move around to Auto-Aim.. Take cover with Auto-Aim. Drive your cars from point a. to point b. etc. etc. There is still gameplay there that requires players to use their controllers.

Oh heaven forbid that players still need to move around or drive manually.  R* needs to fix that quick so kids can just fap, suck back big macs and talk sh*t all day while the game plays itself.

:D

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ok, thought about it.

Why the f*ck should people who use a cheat option to allow the game to play itself get additional RP and Cash?

I did. My point was, no auto-aim players strut around the forums like they own the place.

You use free-aim - good for you. But you're not special simply because you changed something in the options menu.

• Trenchfoot321 likes this

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I know and play with many gamers who didn't know how to change to FA.  Hell I didn't know how to change back when I first got put in a AA lobby.  Again R* incompetence.  

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Free Aim  is a higher difficulty setting, so you should be rewarded for using it. You can't reasonably justify saying no to this poll.

• NewReno likes this

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

You still need to move around to Auto-Aim.. Take cover with Auto-Aim. Drive your cars from point a. to point b. etc. etc. There is still gameplay there that requires players to use their controllers.

Oh heaven forbid that players still need to move around or drive manually.  R* needs to fix that quick so kids can just fap, suck back big macs and talk sh*t all day while the game plays itself.

:D

I just really feel bad for you because like it or not.. this game will continue to have Auto-Aim mechanics as an option and honestly, probably the more popular option.. I don't believe this game (In my opinion) is geared towards a "Hardcore competitive" crowd. The shooting is probably the least of what most casuals want to think about. You can see if here in this forums with the amount of "he griefed me" topics.. most people are buying clothes, parachuting, driving around and other hippie-type activities and aren't trying to massacre everyone. I agree with you that the awareness of the choices we have (Free Aim and Auto Aim) need to be heightened ten-fold so people actually know about each but not everyone is looking to play using "skill" the way you are hoping for.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by Vooodu, 27 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Ok, thought about it.

I did. My point was, no auto-aim players strut around the forums like they own the place.

You use free-aim - good for you. But you're not special simply because you changed something in the options menu.

Free aim is cheat option that allows players to have the game play itself.  Name any game not made by R* that has auto aim in online modes? I can't think of any...

Auto aim is a cheat that R* has made default.  Auto Aim splits the play base....  And the majority of that base plays with auto aim.  People just generally go toward the path of least resistance.

I use free aim... But its not "GOOD FOR ME" since it splits the player base for no reason at all and im left with empty lobbies.

So back on topic.

Why not reward players who play with the cheat option off?  Free Aim can use more players...    And since it takes more effort to get kills in Free Aim then getting more rewards just makes sense on all levels.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ok, thought about it.

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ok, thought about it.

Free aim is cheat option that allows players to have the game play itself.  Name any game not made by R* that has auto aim in online modes? I can't think of any...

Auto aim is a cheat that R* has made default.  Auto Aim splits the play base....  And the majority of that base plays with auto aim.  People just generally go toward the path of least resistance.

I use free aim... But its not "GOOD FOR ME" since it splits the player base for no reason at all and im left with empty lobbies.

Well that's not necessarily true... It splits the player base because if used free-aim in a "Mixed" lobby with auto-aimers you would be posting hate topics on how you can't kill anyone because everyone uses auto-aim.. It splits the player base to avoid the pain and suffering that free aimers would have to endure if they were to go against auto aimers in a mixed lobby. Now if R* added a clear choice before you booted up online asking you to choose one mechanic over the other and then your lobbies were still empty what would you do then?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Vooodu, 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Ok, thought about it.

Well that's not necessarily true... It splits the player base because if used free-aim in a "Mixed" lobby with auto-aimers you would be posting hate topics on how you can't kill anyone because everyone uses auto-aim..

That's not really true.

Back in Red Dead I had no choice but to use Free AIm in Auto Aim games when HC started to die... Sure I got killed a lot more but I killed players too.

Its just annoying...

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

"R* put AA in game"

Why does the game HAVE to be started in Free Aim? What justifies that being the only acceptable default setting? Believe it or not, some players enjoy limited shooting mechanics where they don't have to practice and develop their skills to shoot and kill someone.. it's called ease of access. I understand the Free-Aim guys who want competition and are mad because it's hard to find with the current settings but maybe the majority just enjoy the easy game mechanics over more complex ones. There are much better shooters out there with better aiming mechanics.. I'm sure if that's all someone was concerned about then they would get their competitive fix elsewhere..

Whoa, hold up. GTA V has THE BEST free aim system of any TPS by a long, long way, only equal to Max Payne 3. The free aim mechanics in this game are crazy good, and I love Rockstar for developing them.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Metal Gear Online. In fact, Metal Gear Online didn't even have seperate servers for Auto-aim and Free-aim gamers, and you could activate and de-activate it mid-game. Mid-firefight, even. So count yourself lucky on that matter.

Auto-aim is not a cheat. If it was, it wouldn't be the default setting. If you really feel that way, you need to stop whining here and take it directly to R* Support as a bug report and see what they say.

The majority playerbase for GTAO is casual gamers. Casual gamers aren't going to care much for the free-aim servers where everyone has skills that outstrips their own and makes their gameplay significantly less fun. Why are casual players going to want to go to servers where they're completely outclassed by free-aim veterans when they could have at least a semblance of a level playing field in the Auto-aim lobbies?

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Ok, thought about it.

Well that's not necessarily true... It splits the player base because if used free-aim in a "Mixed" lobby with auto-aimers you would be posting hate topics on how you can't kill anyone because everyone uses auto-aim..

That's not really true.

Back in Red Dead I had no choice but to use Free AIm in Auto Aim games when HC started to die... Sure I got killed a lot more but I killed players too.

Its just annoying...

:lol: I didn't mean LITERALLY can't kill anyone haha. You see a prize on the other side of a wall.. some people will go around the wall.. some will hop over the wall... to you and me hopping over the wall is way more fun and fulfilling.. to others it takes too much effort so they simply walk around.. that's how auto-aim and free-aim is to those who know about both options... some will have more fun with free-aim, others don't want the burden..

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

"Casual" is a dirty word with the Free Aim Master Race.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ok, thought about it.

Well that's not necessarily true... It splits the player base because if used free-aim in a "Mixed" lobby with auto-aimers you would be posting hate topics on how you can't kill anyone because everyone uses auto-aim.. It splits the player base to avoid the pain and suffering that free aimers would have to endure if they were to go against auto aimers in a mixed lobby. Now if R* added a clear choice before you booted up online asking you to choose one mechanic over the other and then your lobbies were still empty what would you do then?

the only real grief I have with autoaim is the fact people lock on to me while I'm driving by at 100 miles an hour

that's just stupid

if we're both on foot I'll still be able to kill any auto aim noob since free aim doesn't suffer from lock on distance or locking on to the centre, I can go straight for the headshot while auto-aim players can't even hit me

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ok, thought about it.

Who said they where special?  If anyone thinks they are special its the auto aim kids that think they deserve the same rewards for putting in less of an effort.

gametyme89
  • gametyme89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

"R* put AA in game"

Whoa, hold up. GTA V has THE BEST free aim system of any TPS by a long, long way, only equal to Max Payne 3. The free aim mechanics in this game are crazy good, and I love Rockstar for developing them.

I understand you here... I guess I just believe the playerbase for this game isn't competitive.. it's more casual.. For competitiveness I feel most people will pop in a different game disc..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by Vooodu, 27 October 2013 - 05:01 PM.

"Casual" is a dirty word with the Free Aim Master Race.

A few of my friends are casuals and use Free Aim..

Casual doesn't mean retarded.

Its ok to miss... Its ok to die..  Its not ok to let the game play for you.  And its not fair to reward players the same when others are putting in more effort.

Just sayn...

Anyone saying that Free Aim doesn't deserve more rewards should just shut the f*ck up..:D

Infact, turn off your auto aim for a week. I dare ya.  Chances are you will like it waaaay more.    Once you start to love free aim you will then notice that most of the game modes are dead...  Hence, this f*ckin topic.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

"R* put AA in game"

I understand you here... I guess I just believe the playerbase for this game isn't competitive.. it's more casual.. For competitiveness I feel most people will pop in a different game disc..

Yeah, I'm fairly good with free aim in an FPS.  But for some reason, I'm sh*t with the free aim system in this game.  Much sense it does not make, but I blame the faulty cover mechanics.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

If the player base is more "casual" then why does 76% say yes to this poll?  Sure there are probably a few AA's that voted yes, but Im willing to bet a vast majority didn't.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

If the player base is more "casual" then why does 76% say yes to this poll?  Sure there are probably a few AA's that voted yes, but Im willing to bet a vast majority didn't.

Because there are more than 53 people playing GTA Online?  Or is it because the free aim servers are always dead?

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think a lot of people here are missing the point. Let people choose between Auto Aim and Free Aim. It is essentially using an aim bot, so I very much dislike it, but Rockstar has made it, so let them choose.

What people need to recognize is that Free Aim is a higher difficulty setting. I played an Auto Aim mission with a friend once and laughed at how easy it was compared to playing it Free Aim, it was ridiculous.

We already get a 1.5x RP multiplier for playing on hard, so I think 1.5x should be standard for Free Aim, multiplying cash and RP, with a 2.0x multiplier (RP only) for playing Hard Free Aim.

People will still have a choice of what mode to play, and the rewards won't be reduced for Auto Aimers, but there will be an incentive to switch up the difficulty setting to Free Aim.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

No as it is a choice. You don`t see people getting payed more at work because they make their jobs extra difficult instead of taking simple/less time consuming way that does the same result as the difficult one. If you work as a janitor for example, do you get payed more if you clean the floor with a toothbrush than a broom? I don`t think so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users