Photo

Missing car (no tears)

8 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ok first off, this is not me crying about a possible bug... or demanding R* get me my car back or I quit....

Last night me and my mate were playing as per usual... it was getting to "that" time of night and we were getting board... He gets his new car out to show me.. I say that's real nice mate, I like the head lights, seconds before taking my hammer to his headlights.... we laugh as it will be repaired start of next mission anyway.

He at some point planted a cheeky sticky on my car (tagged and insured, the car ive had since the start, modded etc)... I saw it and told him I hope he does blow it up so I can laugh when he gets bad sport....

He blows me up... 5seconds later my ps3 freezes and I have to fully restart it.

When I log back in my car is neither on the map, or in my garage... So I call the insurance and get the "all our operators are busy" message.. ie my car has fully gone?!!?!?

Now what Im here to ask is if any one knows about this?

If I don't fill it's space in the garage could it re appear?

I don't wanna have to punch my mate in the bollicks irl!!:p

Tortoiseeeee
  • Tortoiseeeee

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think your mate has basically begged for an irl bitch slap!

Did you have a wanted level? This happened to me but I got the message saying it had been impounded but I couldn't find it at the impound then like a day later it showed up on the list when I rang insurance. This was before the last patch though so I'm not too sure.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Is your garage full?

If it is, and your vehicle isn't in there, try driving another vehicle in there. If it says "replace vehicle", back out, as the vehicle is still somewhere. If the vehicle instantly fills the spot then it was erased completely.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Is your garage full?

If it is, and your vehicle isn't in there, try driving another vehicle in there. If it says "replace vehicle", back out, as the vehicle is still somewhere. If the vehicle instantly fills the spot then it was erased completely.

I have a 2 slot and the slot is blank, I seem to remember I tryed to tag another car at LSC and it told me I must first remove a car, but was only given the option to remove the remaining car. I might hold out a few days before I get revenge.... :p

The thing that adds to this... only 10mins before I collected on the cars on the list and went to respray it before handing in, and did it in my crew colours by mistake, busting all my G on it lol... not only did he laugh.. but he also drew the police to me while I was on my way to hand it in, resulting in it getting destroyed lol! Serious pay back is in order I think :p

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ok first off, this is not me crying about a possible bug... or demanding R* get me my car back or I quit....

Last night me and my mate were playing as per usual... it was getting to "that" time of night and we were getting board... He gets his new car out to show me.. I say that's real nice mate, I like the head lights, seconds before taking my hammer to his headlights.... we laugh as it will be repaired start of next mission anyway.

He at some point planted a cheeky sticky on my car (tagged and insured, the car ive had since the start, modded etc)... I saw it and told him I hope he does blow it up so I can laugh when he gets bad sport....

When I log back in my car is neither on the map, or in my garage... So I call the insurance and get the "all our operators are busy" message.. ie my car has fully gone?!!?!?

I don't wanna have to punch my mate in the bollicks irl!! :p

yes. its gone.

and the "getit back or i quit"

well, quit, rockstar isnt giving any of peoples lost stuff back.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I would re act to the fact that you read that and took it as i was saying that I will quit... But you have a my little pony sig and I'm taking a punt that you are a "Bronie".... so I wont waste my breath/fingers lol.

stonebonez
  • stonebonez

Jaw Breaker

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

... Now what Im here to ask is if any one knows about this?...

The circumstances weren't the same, but this has happened to me twice during an Invite Only session with other players where I was taking out the garbage (pigs) for long periods of time. Car was never destroyed or impounded however, it just disappeared off the map at some point. Couldn't make an insurance claim on it either. I got it back in both cases however after I quit and started another Invite Only session by myself. On the first occasion it was the day after I played. Car was in my garage when I spawned in both cases.

Now... this happened to my friend last night in another IO session with myself and 8 other players. He got himself clapped in a mixup with pigs just shortly before, but no notice of impound ever came. He joined a mission sometime after, but his car was missing. Returned to Free Roam after and it was still missing. Couldn't make an insurance claim, wasn't at the impound lot, etc. Dropped out of the session at my recommendation and started another one. No luck. Had his mechanic deliver another car in the hope that it would restore it to the garage. No dice. Car's name was no longer on the list of available cars (either was mine though).

As of last night his car never returned. Don't know what causes the issue, but there may be some connection with destruction/wanted levels involving your character that could affect your vehicle under normal circumstances, possibly confusing the game. That being said, your problem may have occurred cuz the game never got a chance to update the status of your car to the sh1t-cloud afterwards before your system crash. Unfortunately, every time a crash occurs with GTAO (which is already too frequent) there's exists a high potential for data corruption if the game is in the process of writing/updating.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:20 PM Edited by _d3xt3r_, 27 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

No Troll Truck in sight, then it must have been the Troll Bomb,

Not good.

I'd demand a full refund from David Cameron personally speaking.

crambo85
  • crambo85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

yes. its gone.

. Learn to read

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users