Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your overall opinion of GTA:O

60 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your overall opinion of GTA:O (217 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your overall opinion of GTA:O

1. It's good. (89 votes [41.01%])

Percentage of vote: 41.01%

2. It's had it's ups and downs, but I still play. (105 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

3. It's bad. (23 votes [10.60%])

Percentage of vote: 10.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Em_Kayz
  • Em_Kayz

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by Em_Kayz, 27 October 2013 - 11:03 AM.

Hey,

I was just wondering what the rest of the communities overall opinion of GTA:O was. How do you feel about your experience of how the game stands today and the events of the past weeks. Do you think it's bad or good? Tell the rest of the community about your vote and experience.

Happy posting,

- Em

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

first in what will be an epic thread

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

what i think? Took them 5 years to create 20 measly jobs for online while the rest are same objective. Most glitched online game i ever played. Takes them weeks to fix patches.

overall 4/10 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Good game showing a lot of promise - will hopefully continue to get better.

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by Bottom Gun, 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM.

In a nutshell:

Rockstar tried too hard to make GTA Online a pseudo-MMO.

Wavy_Crocket_LDN
  • Wavy_Crocket_LDN

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Good ass game and room for much improvement

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Best GTA. Best open-world sandbox game. Best potential.

All in all, it's pretty goddamn fantastic.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 27 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Once we get more criminal activity going its going to grow and keep growing.  Needs a lot more RPG elements like Skyrim and Fallout.  More individual skill set classes as far as our avatars are concerned, hopefully more stealth oriented gameplay.

Edit* I vote that it is good, better than good and that is a fact.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Badly needs more content. There just is not enough to do.

I don't buy all this 'you make your own fun' That's just an excuse for R* being too lazy to make a decent amount of content.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by Bazzad, 27 October 2013 - 11:44 AM.

I still play.

The game had a lot of potential and still does, but it is fading.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Best GTA to date.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Poorly conceived, VERY poorly executed.
  • STEADYSERG likes this

unklepepper
  • unklepepper

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's excellent. Nearly a month after it's release, I still find myself having plenty of fun in new ways, whether it be doing a race/deathmatch/mission I hadn't done before, working for some cash to mod a nice car I'd found or generally having a laugh with friends. There's plenty to do, you've just gotta use your imagination and not rely on a constant flow of new content to keep yourself entertained.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

i love it. if i could get rid of half the mindless players that dont do anything but kill each other id love it.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Love the game and multiplayer. However getting really fed up with it now. Too many, glitches, hackers, cheaters and silly kids who aren't old enough to buy the game.
I've been looking through the forums, and I'm seeing people putting lazers in garages besides their tanks and buzzards. Everyone has supercars, even although it takes ages to grind legitimately. Tow trucks hacked into online freezing consoles. People duping cars. And so on.
This game has got far too many issues, and the proper fun has been removed from it completely due to all the faults, hackers and glitchers. I know I can go and play in an invite only session, but that's just avoiding the issues and not what the whole online multiplayer experience should be all about.
I've stopped playing this game now. I've gotten bored/frustrated and down right fed up with it.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

None of those apply to me.

I'd say it's got ups and downs, but I hardly play it anymore.  It just feels really dumbed down and nerfed.  And I'd like it a lot more if we had all the heists, the content creator, and the 500+ missions R* promised, but we don't.  And also, I don't like the fact that they had to go and make all the job payouts halved just because of some farmers.  You go and nerf a bunch of missions, and you'll only encourage people to farm more often.

Personally, I've been playing other games.  I thought I was going to be stuck in my basement playing GTA Online for months; now, the feeling of a fresh game won't even last a month, it seems...

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well seeing as how I have spent nearly 25 hours playing it online and the previous GTA game as 3 hours, I'd say it is good.  Is it perfect?  Nope, but I am having fun upping my character's stats.  I just wish Rockstar would release the money already so I can buy an apartment.  I'm looking at the Richard Majestic's building since that will probably suit my needs with the heist planning room.  

Bloodlustkanibal
  • Bloodlustkanibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Its nice but.....

WTF AUTOAIM ONLINE

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Decent when it works.

Frustrating when it doesn`t and now really questionable why they opted for Cloud when people can hack saves / vehicles into the game. I am beginning to question the last 27 days now...

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

It's converted me, Haven't touched single player since online released, I look forward to see what R* does with Online as time progresses. it has great potential. 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I would like to say I have a positive opinion of it, but have to admit my opinion of the online part of the game is that its bad, its way below what I would consider R*'s standards, and R*'s failure to deal with glitches has decimated any hope of a worthwhile economy.

And in many way its a step backward from previous games, its more instanced then both GTA IV and RDR, and gang hideouts are rubbish compared to what we had in rdr.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Decent

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

How about "It's not great, but there's nothing else to play right now"?

• stardusthd likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

How about "It's not great, but there's nothing else to play right now"?

Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 4 (which hit certain... mediums already), AC4...

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I haven't played a game on this current generation of consoles with more unrealized potential. I could endlessly give a high-five to R* with one hand for the environment they created while continuously bitch-slapping them with the other for filling it up with repetative, dumbed down, meaningless and tedious fodder.

The online portion is horribly executed and painfully ill-concieved. Leveling is practically meaningless; if it didn't have a forced and often non-sense unlock system (why do I have to be lvl 51 to be able to buy a plain grey t-shirt?) there would be no purpose for it at all. Currency is made too important, to the point that it actually restricts the player. For example, you can only sell a stolen car every so often for a small gain, and decent cars can't be sold at all - the only purpose for this is to prevent you from making money too fast, to force you to spend lots of time to work for (or currently, glitch for) expensive things that the game doesn't allow you to steal (despite your character being a criminal). Since they nerfed mission payouts it's actually rediculous obvious now. I am surprised they haven't introduced an hourly or daily money making/rp/levelling cap. Because it is clear to me that R* is currently attempting to force longevity into the game through monetary limitations and by bogging down player progress instead of supplying it through game content as they should be doing.

Yes, there is a ton of fun to be invented by players who are creative and look for things beyond the game parameters themselves. But before you think that to be a compliment, understand, I'm an old veteran of sandbox games. I expect that to be the case when the term "sandbox" is applied to a game (because, duh, people, that's what the term "sandbox" f*cking means!). But in almost every other of the many, many sandbox games I've explored over the years the developers also attempted to couple it with varying degrees of thought out gameplay/storytelling/rpg elements/meaning/concept/depth/etc.

My experience in GTAO suggests to me that R* created an astounding and beautifully realized world, but failed to put enough thought and time into what they wanted to do within that world. The missions are lackluster in the extreme, activities are far too few, all too redundant and rely too much on quantity instead of substance. The activity icons are an illusion. They spread across the map making it appear as if the world is full of things to do, when the reality is they just represent a buttload of variations on the same 5 things. Soon the content creator will released, and, yes, you too will be able to create EVEN MORE variations of 2 of those 5 activities.

Excuse my rant. But I won't apologize for feeling that a game that's been in developement for 5 years should have had so much more content than what is currently available. Some may argue that R* has and will be releasing much more content and SOMEDAY this game will be awesome. Cool. I'll hold on to my copy of GTAO and someone give me the heads up when someday actually arrives. I've got plenty of games that aren't built around promises and unrealized hype.

• Chaos-Elite likes this

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Excellent thread OP

I feel that most of the gamers who quote"Bored" "Its going to die in a month" "Doesn't live up to expectation" etc have immersed themselves in GTAo almost 24/7 since release while all the other games are gathering dust

Its not possible for any title to keep you entertained 100% efery day, every week no matter how much development, cost and years spent designing

With all the tools we have in this world to communicate, to meet people virtually from all parts of the world, to watch films at the click of a button, to get food delivered in 15 mins (the list goes on) has created a culture of, wait for it.....................

I want it now, i want everything in an instant, i want i want

Now i'm not trying to offend anyone but having grown up in a time where you had to write a letter to someone and wait weeks for a reply, only having 1 tv channel which was black and white, no laptops computers etc, i am able to sit back an admire what R* has created and can see the long term potential

The world is extremely fickle these days, companies like nike exploit that to the full, hopefully R* wont but only time will tell

• MovieGuy786, Bazzad and Chaos-Elite like this

MitchyK
  • MitchyK

United Liberty Paper, Employee Of The Month

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I really wanted to love this game, I really did. But I've had so many problems. Online has been a nightmare for me. Lost characters, lost progress, lost cars, lost weapons etc.

Worse still, the cloud going down corrupted my story mode save, and now I can't get half my achievements. Things like the stunt jumps should say something like 27/50 stunt jumps completed, mine just says 'undefined'. And this was after I hit the 50th one too. Annoyed wasn't the word. Now it won't let me get 100% completion, all stunt jumps or a number of other achievements. It's completely nuked. Starting a new game doesn't seem to help as it's syncing with the cloud which is corrupting it! Brilliant Rockstar, A f*cking plus!

After the screw up with Max Payne 3's launch I was wary, but figured they'd not dare screw up second time in a row. How wrong was I?

I'm happy for you guys who seem to playing with little or no issues, and I hope you have loads of fun, but for me it's been to much hassle to enjoy anything. Keeps freezing after online missions, and not letting me join lobbies with my son, with all sorts of error messages. It's just a complete balls up for me. Keep enjoying it guys, I hope rockstar don't keep nerfing it into the ground for you, and you get the heists and stuff eventually, but I don't think i'll be around for it. I even bought the special edition thinking i'd get more content, but people have bought the regular edition, and because they own an iphone, they get chop and ifruit. Way to f*ck your customers Rockstar. Everything about this launch, has sucked.

• Chaos-Elite and Mr Fyn666 like this

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I really like GTA: Online. The fact that it will be dynamic is awesome and will keep me playing for a long time. I appreciate that they've added so many things we didn't have in GTA IV multiplayer.

I like how we can create our own characters and give them a name and an age, along with customizing their clothes and hair. Apartments and personal cars are a plus too.

Other things such as these are pretty cool...

-buying items at the convenience store

-ammunation (online)

-showers, sleeping, bongs, eating, tv, telescope, etc

-being able to listen to the same song playing on the radio as a friend

-survival

-taking pictures online

-car customization

-actual missions online

-money/banking system

-text message other players within game

-heists (soon)

-gang attacks

-crate drops

-robberies

-sea races and offroad races

-tattoos (online)

-darts, parachuting, tennis, golf, movies, etc (online)

-the addition of more cities (coming in the future)

I only wish that they add filters so that we can make our own sessions for free roam. In addition, they should add animals so the country doesn't feel so lonely when playing online.

• Goldmine Sucks likes this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Better than bad, it's good!

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Its nice but.....

WTF AUTOAIM ONLINE

Cover, use it. Also, if everyone gets auto aim it doesn't really matter, does it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users