Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's all this business about tow trucks freezing consoles?

70 replies to this topic
SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just sent a message to rockstar about this problem. I suggest you all go as well. The more complaints they get about it the more likely they are to prioritize fixing it. Cheers guys.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 October 2013 - 01:40 PM.

This is a very annoying occurrence yes but in this situation it is not Rockstar's fault. They Towtruck doesn't spawn in multiplayer as it clearly was not coded to work properly so why bother doing it?

It IS Rockstar`s fault for hacked files that freeze other player`s consoles, because said Rockstar can`t control it`s CLOUD SAVES . Or can`t implement a simple file check.

What was the point of all that Cloud sh*t for the last 27 days if hackers STILL can mess with their files, then? 

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

But this is only XBOX, right?

Don't if this been answered in other threads yet but is this xbox only or no? Am on ps3 and would rather my console not get f*cked over.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Just to clarify is this just freezing consoles or actually causing them to be permanently bricked?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 October 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Just to clarify is this just freezing consoles or actually causing them to be permanently bricked?

Freezing, or so the majority says.

You`ll need a major flaw in the actual software (OS software) or a hardware issue to brick it. Because, at the end of the day, consoles are just smaller PC`s and locking up comes only from 2 things: sh*t software or hardware failure. 

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Freezing, or so the majority says.

You`ll need a major flaw in the actual software (OS software) or a hardware issue to brick it. Because, at the end of the day, consoles are just smaller PC`s and locking up comes only from 2 things: sh*t software or hardware failure. 

I think people need to be clearer when posting that "Mudderf*ckin Tow Truk bricked my box"

:D

Just sayin

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

Marlo

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

send all tow truck owners to a tow truck only lobby for several days, see how they like that lol

haha

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think people need to be clearer when posting that "Mudderf*ckin Tow Truk bricked my box"

:D

Just sayin

Well, for a looong time it looked like PS3 can`t be modded. It can. They even had and released the master code which can authenticate a modded PS3 as a real one to PSN and games. 

Any console modding requires OS changes and/or USB sticks or whatever. Any save hacking requires a piece of software, which might or might have surprises for the untrained eye.

So, yes, you are correct :)

• _d3xt3r_ likes this

ChanclerDon
  • ChanclerDon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

In my only experience with seeing someone driving a tow truck in a normal online match (not private) nothing bad happened. Guy was towing his friend and dropped off the car so it could chase and kill me. After trading some kills back and forth, I managed to escape. Nothing bad happened. My console didn't freeze.

Torbey
  • Torbey

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. Just fix the code.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by Dr.Huge Poop, 28 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Because it's hilarious.....It can also corrupt their save or even better their ps3 hard drive.

50789-Charlton-Heston-Laughing-8bit-i8Lb

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by Kulgrim, 28 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

It's only funny to you because you can hide behind the safety of the internet, pricks like you however rarely have the balls to do sh*t like this to someone who can actually retaliate.

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

It's only funny to you because you can hide behind the safety of the internet, pricks like you however rarely have the balls to do sh*t like this to someone who can actually retaliate.

Do something like tow a car within a few blocks of them?  Yeah that would be incredibly ballsy IRL.

• cyberwolf00233 and DefinitelyNotBatman like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Raiders of the Laced Arc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

This explains a bit why most of the server left when I towed them. Lame, people loved getting towed.

Not sure how this didn't freeze people but me and my friends once did a tow truck chain by towing each others tow truck. There were 4 tows chained to each other and no one froze.

DrGreenThumb_NZ
  • DrGreenThumb_NZ

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

What a R-tard

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I don't know how this hasn't been patched already but hopefully early next week they'll have the tow truck and probably the other glitched cars (franklins/space) gone as well

I don't understand what's wrong with having other cars such as Franklin's Buffalo... I can understand why the Tow Truck needs to be removed or fixed to work without freezing but the other cars do no harm to anyone at all.

If those cars were intended to be in the MP, they would've been coded in like all the other vehicles. It's obviously a problem with the coding that's making players crash when they come close to one

which is r* fault and not the players

You're right. You didn't create the problem. You're too much of a retard to mod vehicles and discover glitches. You just heard about this from someone else and are now joyfully participating in the newest way to ruin an online game for other players. 

tl;dr, you suck monkey cock faggot 

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by biggsull, 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Hackers and console modders should have their consoles bricked like microsoft does to xboxs.

Enjoy your multiple hundred dollar paper weight.

send all tow truck owners to a tow truck only lobby for several days, see how they like that lol

See people like this dont understand, downloading a mod onto a console is like injecting code into a game, its hacking in the purest form.Anyone who dupes said hacked item is complicit in the hack. All tow truck owners should have sony block their consoles from ever logging into any games online or the PS store.

You should have your console turned into a single player only box whos ID number is banned for being such a stupid f*cking cocksucker... not some bad sport punishment equal to blowing up player cars.

Permanent game/console destroying punishment for them.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

"Motherf*cker glitched me with the tow truck, he had to die"

Thats why people like him don't do things like that in real life.

• Anthony lfc likes this

jake4
  • jake4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

All these mad motherf*ckers deserve to have their car towed

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

What a R-tard

Sorry dude but I don't understand why you think im a "R-tard".
I was mearly asking a question of the comunity. I had seen mixed posts about this bug, some saying it was freezing consoles and others using the word bricked.
can you please explain to me why that would make me an R-tard?
thanks dude.

NatalieJean
  • NatalieJean

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

good thing i got bored with this game 2 weeks ago. forced myself to play it this week again just to feel like i didnt waste my money (which i did), got bad sport, and said f*ck it, im never playing this dumb POS again.

f*ck you rockstar for overhyping a shallow ass boring game and taking my money

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

OK, for clarification, is it prudent to run for the hills the very second you lay eyes on a tow truck, or are there modders changing something else to have this effect? I've seen videos of people playing with tow trucks, including one where 3 guys form a trucksnake by towing each other in a line.

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

The Outsider

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I hope they fix just the freezing glitch because I really want to repo every chrome Adder I see and drop it off a cliff.

• chainsoar likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

I hope they fix just the freezing glitch because I really want to repo every chrome Adder I see and drop it off a cliff.

...can we be friends? I think I would like you as a friend.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

OK, for clarification, is it prudent to run for the hills the very second you lay eyes on a tow truck, or are there modders changing something else to have this effect? I've seen videos of people playing with tow trucks, including one where 3 guys form a trucksnake by towing each other in a line.

According to forums and forums alone, you freeze the instant you get into "draw distance" of said vehicle. It MIGHT have something to do with it towing your vehicle or others, but all this is rumor, based on browsing in a very relaxed manner those threads.

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Fixing the issue is best solution. Make all cars availible online.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

can it f*ck your console?

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

can it f*ck your console?

Perhaps, if there's a large enough hole.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

I don't know how this hasn't been patched already but hopefully early next week they'll have the tow truck and probably the other glitched cars (franklins/space) gone as well

I don't understand what's wrong with having other cars such as Franklin's Buffalo... I can understand why the Tow Truck needs to be removed or fixed to work without freezing but the other cars do no harm to anyone at all.

The tow tuck locks up everyone in lobby had it happen to my friends and I twice yesterday.  Tanks in garage now that's a bit unfair I had to pay 25k for some dudes tank then guess what he's back in it right away and was only level 30 so that needs to be fixed.   

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Till someone finds another that does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users