Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's all this business about tow trucks freezing consoles?

70 replies to this topic
SuperSpartan747
  • SuperSpartan747

The Intel Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Apparently consoles can be frozen with tow trucks now? I must have missed something, since I haven't played for a whole week. Tried searching for more info on the topic but couldn't find anything too useful. I do not wish to know how to do the glitch, but can someone tell me more about it, or better yet how to avoid it?

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Invite-only session master race.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Apparently consoles can be frozen with tow trucks now? I must have missed something, since I haven't played for a whole week. Tried searching for more info on the topic but couldn't find anything too useful. I do not wish to know how to do the glitch, but can someone tell me more about it, or better yet how to avoid it?

The tow truck was copied from Single player to Online by some players, it is actually unobtainable when playing legit in Online. When towing a vehicle, anyone within a few blocks will freeze as you enter their draw distance. They will never know what caused the freeze as they will never see the tow truck approaching.

You cannot avoid it. Because it was massively duplicated, any white dot approaching you could be one with a tow truck and I don't see the point playing if you'd avoid all of them.

The safest thing to do is play in an invite only session with your friends.

superkarma
  • superkarma

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

The tow truck was copied from Single player to Online by some players, it is actually unobtainable when playing legit in Online. When towing a vehicle, anyone within a few blocks will freeze as you enter their draw distance. They will never know what caused the freeze as they will never see the tow truck approaching.

You cannot avoid it. Because it was massively duplicated, any white dot approaching you could be one with a tow truck and I don't see the point playing if you'd avoid all of them.

Wow...that's f*cked up :(

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

wtf ... hopefully R* will fix this ASAP -_-

Again, thanks hackers

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Also, to make things worse, joining any game with a tow truck towing a vehicle in it will freeze your game before you even zoom in on the map.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

sh*t that sounds like quite a serious issue. Here's hoping rockstar can come up with a patch to fix this as this could ruin the game for everyone. We quite often play invite only sessions but often find that when coming back out of races the world seems to have become populated with randoms. All it would take is for one of these randoms to be an arsehole with a tow truck to ruin enjoyment. Its a shame people have become like this.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

just go about ur business as usual an ignore the f*ckin whiners

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Although priv sessions aren't as fun, deathmatches, races and parachute jumps all come tow truck free, them missions though, been frozen twice during pub missions :(
I'm using this time to fully mod all my cars, something I've been wanting to do for ages

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't know how this hasn't been patched already but hopefully early next week they'll have the tow truck and probably the other glitched cars (franklins/space) gone as well

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Then assholes like Trevorsmom can be farm-killed until he  rages so much his mom barges in to the basement and takes the game away from him 

• Jaggs and Hazonkos like this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

This real? any rockstar feedback about it?

KayJayEss
  • KayJayEss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

I don't know how this hasn't been patched already but hopefully early next week they'll have the tow truck and probably the other glitched cars (franklins/space) gone as well

I don't understand what's wrong with having other cars such as Franklin's Buffalo... I can understand why the Tow Truck needs to be removed or fixed to work without freezing but the other cars do no harm to anyone at all.

• Snoop_Willy and LeBron James like this

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's real apparently.

Players on these boards brag about doing it, and tow-truck duping threads pop up a few times every minute

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by philthethrill81, 27 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

I don't understand what's wrong with having other cars such as Franklin's Buffalo... I can understand why the Tow Truck needs to be removed or fixed to work without freezing but the other cars do no harm to anyone at all.

If those cars were intended to be in the MP, they would've been coded in like all the other vehicles. It's obviously a problem with the coding that's making players crash when they come close to one (tow truck)

If they don't fix the coding on this by tomorrow, I'd be pretty surprised. And largely disappointed. And unfortunately I've been disappointed by R* in the past so I don't know what to think

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's real apparently.

Players on these boards brag about doing it, and tow-truck duping threads pop up a few times every minute

These are the cock-gobblers I hope get bans. I've already notified Rockstar, with links to several of the "Tow truck/console freezing threads"

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by TrevorsMom, 27 October 2013 - 11:26 AM.

If those cars were intended to be in the MP, they would've been coded in like all the other vehicles. It's obviously a problem with the coding that's making players crash when they come close to one

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

so why does the person driving the truck not get bricked too?

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

so why does the person driving the truck not get bricked too?

Because the tow truck attaches to the vehicle within draw distance, anyone who is (and stays) close to the tow truck while attaching is safe from freezing. This is because then the game knows how the two vehicles became attached. Anyone outside of the draw distance has their console confused as to how the two vehicles are attached, which causes the freeze.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:23 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 27 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Well, the sh*t just hit the fan, Im out of GTAO for awhile...

sh*t-hitting-the-fan-o.gif

• philthethrill81 likes this

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

If those cars were intended to be in the MP, they would've been coded in like all the other vehicles. It's obviously a problem with the coding that's making players crash when they come close to one

which is r* fault and not the players

You're right. You didn't create the problem. You're too much of a retard to mod vehicles and discover glitches. You just heard about this from someone else and are now joyfully participating in the newest way to ruin an online game for other players. 

tl;dr, you suck monkey cock fa**ot 

• chainsoar and willeyj like this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

If tow trucks freeze consoles, how are people managing to use them online?

Shouldn't the tow truck users consle freeze too?

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

easy fix, ban everyone with unobtainable vehicles in their garage, such as tow truck or spacedocker.

• SkunkonToast likes this

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

easy fix, ban everyone with unobtainable vehicles in their garage, such as tow truck or spacedocker.

Banning everyone with a duped unobtainable vehicle might be tough. How about just fix the coding and remove them from the online

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Banning everyone with a duped unobtainable vehicle might be tough. How about just fix the coding and remove them from the online

Or that, but bans is more fun and people get more worked up about them :p

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

send all tow truck owners to a tow truck only lobby for several days, see how they like that lol

• WBaker and FocusedPants like this

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

But this is only XBOX, right?

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Tow truck only lobby lol
  • Ace Bandit 23 likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

To be clear - Bricking means your console is fecked for good, Freezing means you just turn off then on again.

Just to be clear.

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

This is a very annoying occurrence yes but in this situation it is not Rockstar's fault. They Towtruck doesn't spawn in multiplayer as it clearly was not coded to work properly so why bother doing it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users