Photo

Teenage Troubles

17 replies to this topic
JPMANUNITED1810
  • JPMANUNITED1810

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

My thirteen year old has been asking for what he says is an amazing game. GTA V. Now, I let him watch shows with adult themes and adult humour but I'm not sure if I want him playing those kind of things. Should I let him buy it?

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Age doesen't really matter.  What matters is if he can tell the difference between a fictional game and real life. That's for you to decide.

• MyBodyFlew likes this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

First of all the game is for 17+.

If your kid can handle sex and drugs then yes but honestly older GTAs didn't have sex like this or naked strippers.

damndeestar
  • damndeestar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Gta has sexual content cursing killing etc... its all like schwartz said if he can tell the difference between fiction and non fiction he is okay to play but that is all your decision....

KentuckyFriedCat
  • KentuckyFriedCat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

TBH I don't think you're going to get much more than "hell yeah's" on here.

This game is basically Call of Duty ,but you can can steal cars too. Do you let him play CoD? There is also a little more profanity but nothing he hasn't heard before. At 13 I was having sex, drugs and drink. Parents weren't even worried about games, just that I came home on time! He'll be fine. This game has no more than what he will see in real life.

JPMANUNITED1810
  • JPMANUNITED1810

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

TBH I don't think you're going to get much more than "hell yeah's" on here.

This game is basically Call of Duty ,but you can can steal cars too. Do you let him play CoD? There is also a little more profanity but nothing he hasn't heard before. At 13 I was having sex, drugs and drink. Parents weren't even worried about games, just that I came home on time! He'll be fine. This game has no more than what he will see in real life.

He has never asked for COD and he said he didn't want it cause it is more about guns than the free roaming 

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think it depends more on how mature a 13yo he is... rules are there for dinlows that dont have a brain... If you have a brain and feel your son is mature enough to deal with GTA (knows the difference between real and game... wont cry at some of the gore etc) then why on earth should you not let him play it... at 13 he could go get a weekend job it isn't like letting a 10yo play it.

I must add though, with all due respect..  If you felt the need to ask on an internet forum rather then just use your parental/human instinct, I'm swaying that you could be just the type of folk rules were made for :/

• SchwartzJesuz likes this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

You already have a thirteen year old? It seems like just last week you were thirteen years old yourself!

CrAiG_92
  • CrAiG_92

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

You already have a thirteen year old? It seems like just last week you were thirteen years old yourself!

EPIC

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by blakeney, 27 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

LOL what a looser...

Op is either a real parent that thought they would try pretend to be 13 to see what the populace of GTAF (wtf?!?! if that is true) thinks of them letting thier 13yo play... failed at that so just came out with it....

Or op is a very strange type of attention whore/ troll.

OR maybe both?? :S

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

lol @ asking parenting advice on here.

JPMANUNITED1810
  • JPMANUNITED1810

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just to say, my son posted on here last week and I am just using his account to ask!

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Just to say, my son posted on here last week and I am just using his account to ask!

Assuming it's true, don't buy it.

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Your his father. Surely you should make the assesment.

I let my 4 year old drive around in free roam under my supervision with the sound turned down.

At 13 I would probably let him play the game completely. But that would be a judgement call on his level of maturity etc.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

this world is as good as MEH.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

It depends, man. Some children get seriously hooked on gaming and won't do anything else, they sometimes even get up late and night and play the game until early in the morning. It also depends on his maturity level. If he has some respect and acts good, I wouldn't give him permission to buy it because in a year or two, he'll get all of these violent thoughts and such. It's your call, dude. 

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Me and my six kids are LOVING online

I got me and the little ones a copy of GTA V, strictly for online. We were all able to connect, and we've been having a blasty blast ever since. We all went into a deathmatch with one poor sucker, and we all took turns giving it to him. He ran out of ammo at one point and we all took turns punching him to death. My little boy Jason put a shotgun to the poor fools face and blew it clean off. My little girls were just grinning ear to ear. They love lighting the cops on fire. It almost brought a tear to my eye.

Thank you Rockstar for this special family moment. 
  • KiiWiiDeee and make total destroy like this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

My thirteen year old has been asking for what he says is an amazing game. GTA V. Now, I let him watch shows with adult themes and adult humour but I'm not sure if I want him playing those kind of things. Should I let him buy it?

So... You started an account for a game that you don't have and don't know much about? Maybe to ask a question about getting your son the game, but then he coincidently asks the question first?

13 is kind of iffy, if he/you has a good set of morals already in place towards women, he/you respects them and everyone else, I guess it's not much worse than what can be found on the internet. Back in my day, it was real hard to find a picture of a topless female. It's a different generation.

I would not buy it if my 13 year old had any sort of discipline or respect issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users