Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should multiple characters be the new standard for GTA Games?

53 replies to this topic
VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

With using multiple protags should have been longer over all for sure but I do like the idea.. Not bad to try and have a character to appeal to everyone.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hell NO. GTA V feels disjointed and it ruined the immersion. Even more so with the switching between characters during missions. It makes you, the player, feel like a Godlike fourth outside character instead of being the one and only protagonist. You are surviving an exciting gunfight as Michael? Let's switch to Trevor who has a bazooka or a sniper rifle to help him out which is an anti climax. LAME.

If there would be multiple characters it should be like GTA IV and EFLC. With seperate but sometimes intertwining stories and protagonists which each have their own group of friends and family.

Obviously, a cop character could be great. I actually really hoped at the time that the then secret fourth character slot in GTA V would be a cop but it turned out to be the disappointing mute multiplayer character without any personality.  I don't understand why Rockstar Games didn't hire multiple voice actors for the same lines for different genders and races just like Saints Row. It feels cheap and dated to be honest.

That about sums it up.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I hope they will not make it in every GTA game, I mean it was awesome and something new with GTAV, but if they would do this with every future GTA game it wouldn't be the same.

Hope we'll get 1 protag. in the next game or 2.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by Scumbaggah, 27 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I found Franklin to be a pretty pointless character, He didn't add much story wise and he seemed really out of place. Didn't really make sense him being there, His scenes with Lamar were great but other than that he just seemed to be there to please the 'gangsta' crowd. A token black guy even :p
2 protags would better imo.

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yes please. But just in GTA.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Rockstar should make one GTA to celebrate the long running series with multiple characters from past.
A Trevor
B Niko Bellic
C CJ and,
D Claude ( silent protag finally gets a voice to speak )
E Tommy V

A story with all of them and for one last time.

This would become biggest game seller ever in history!...

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:58 PM Edited by o0eVe0o, 27 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

i would like to see it done again i would say this was a good first attempt but if they were going to do it again i would like to see what some have already mentioned.

1 to 3 characters not all of em hanging out as buddies like they did in this one

Maybe have them intertwine, maybe have them not even know each other just do their own things but have it effect the other characters game ripping off each others drug deals etc maybe leading to 1 of em being killed in the end. Or maybe even have them in seperate cities rockstar have already stated they had that idea in mind but the technology wasnt there with games like The Crew having a map that takes 3hours to drive across maybe next gen tech will be good for rockstar.

I Personally would like a Vagos member as a playable character similar to caesar or something part of a mexican gang.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

If they keep going with multiple characters in a single game, they should put a lot more missions for each of them.

I know

GTAV - 3 characters - 69 missions

SA - 1 character - 105 missions

Dafuq

I would rather have a few, long, great missions instead of 105 boring missions (not implying that every mission in SA was sh*t).

Jay_
  • Jay_

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

If they keep going with multiple characters in a single game, they should put a lot more missions for each of them.

I know

Dafuq

I would rather have a few, long, great missions instead of 105 boring missions (not implying that every mission in SA was sh*t).

A lot of GTA V missions were boring, and some werent actually that long, they seemed long because of the travelling...The actual action in the missions were short and simple 

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

My friends and I were discussing this. It seems like R* is pretty stuck. If the next game has only 1 protagonist, I can see people complaining, but then if they keep with the 3 protagonist idea, it could feel boring and no different from GTA V, making it feel like a rehash. They only have a few choices; Abandon the system, continue it, or add even more slots, which would detract too much detail from the characters themselves and be too much work. My guess is that they'll most likely abandon the system.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I know

Dafuq

A lot of GTA V missions were boring, and some werent actually that long, they seemed long because of the travelling...The actual action in the missions were short and simple 

not really... every mission besides the heist prep missions were innovative and were fun... You never saw a mission that was like "Go here, kill him, go back"... while in SA most of the missions in there are like that

Jay_
  • Jay_

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I know

Dafuq

not really... every mission besides the heist prep missions were innovative and were fun... You never saw a mission that was like "Go here, kill him, go back"... while in SA most of the missions in there are like that

But V had missions like "go here, steal this, go back" ... Ive always preferred the killing in the GTA series more than the stealing, its more fun for me

sSiL3NZz
  • sSiL3NZz

Hellooo

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by sSiL3NZz, 27 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Three to me felt a bit much. but they should definitly have two characters, or have no protag and just switch between several characters. Or focus on one but make minor characters playable...

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Good to be able to switch to another pro tag when youre bored of running around with the other.

iTruth
  • iTruth

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

For the next gta, the story should be a man and a woman, two protags.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I know

Dafuq

GTA V - More detailed world, larger world, more textures more polygons anything that has to do with GB really

SA - Less Detailed world, ETC

Keep in mind gta 4 not including eflc only had 73

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I know

Dafuq

GTA V - More detailed world, larger world, more textures more polygons anything that has to do with GB really

SA - Less Detailed world, ETC

Keep in mind gta 4 not including eflc only had 73

From my experience of playing the game, it's not 73 but 91 missions. Second to the longest missions in a GTA series after GTA San Andreas.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I know

Dafuq

You forgot to include the Strangers and Freaks missions. 

MusaKhan9876
  • MusaKhan9876

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

i think just 1 character with very good in depth story would be Great. you know with next Gen consoles they can make GTA 6 a very big and highly detailed game.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

I know

Dafuq

Well a lot of them are not exactly great/long/entertaining missions imo, they should have halved those and added more to the story

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just make it full RPG. That means millions of characters.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I know

Dafuq

Well a lot of them are not exactly great/long/entertaining missions imo, they should have halved those and added more to the story

But the strangers and freaks missions are part of the story.  And some of them were among the best missions in the game (and that's a big compliment considering how great some of the heists were).

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Vatus, 27 October 2013 - 07:30 PM.

I know

Dafuq

I think they could've done that too. But with San Andreas, I think you have a few side missions that were added to the main story. Like the Zero missions were side missions, and you didn't have to complete it. Some of the missions in San Andreas aren't really missions either. You go to the point A, you see a cut scene, and then you're done, mission complete.

I think GTA V have its share of short missions like that too, but you always had to do something (even though they were short). The side missions and the main missions all together adds up for about 120 something. I feel like they could've just added a few more main missions to flesh out the bad guys and the character development just a little bit more then it would've been fine.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just keep it as one, but make it so we can control robots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users