Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point of calling Merryweather? Read.

57 replies to this topic
Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

You can sell the jeeps for 8k if you to sell it :p

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Free Merryweather jeeps?

You cant keep those jeeps, they disappear when you try to enter.
yes you can...I have one...my friends have them...
from calling mercs?

yes

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

I think it is fun when you are trying to gun someone down who is hiding and waiting for you.  It provides a distraction for you to move up.  Plus it is pretty cool that you get a refund if they don't kill their target.

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by Shakengandulf, 27 October 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Free Merryweather jeeps?

You're totally right.
 0_0.jpg

There's no way you can keep them.
This picture proves nothing because there are legit ways to obtaining this jeep, I'm not saying you cant keep it online.
you are on the online section of the gta V forum...so if you say "you can't keep them they disappear" then everybody will assume you mean ONLINE...who even bothers with story mode these days...
Im not talking about story mode, when i call the mercs on anyone and try to get in it, they vanish every single time..
I know you can get this jeep during certain missions.
Not sure where Sp came into this.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by creaper210, 27 October 2013 - 01:02 AM.

To annoy someone who has annoyed you?

Or to just mess around with low level players? I love sending mercenaries to attack a level 4 player.

Im not talking about story mode, when i call the mercs on anyone and try to get in it, they vanish every single time..

Never happened with me. The Merryweather jeep I had was taken from them when someone sent mercenaries after me.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by crazytrain424, 27 October 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Free Merryweather jeeps?

You're totally right.
 0_0.jpg

There's no way you can keep them.
This picture proves nothing because there are legit ways to obtaining this jeep, I'm not saying you cant keep it online.
you are on the online section of the gta V forum...so if you say "you can't keep them they disappear" then everybody will assume you mean ONLINE...who even bothers with story mode these days...

which led me to believe you were talking about story... stole mine from mercenaries same with everyone else I know...sucks it don't work for you

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Call the mercenaries. Watch on tv.

yeah it can be great entertainment but at $7500 it's kinda expensive. :die:
$6500 no? But yes, pricey nonetheless.

$7500 for the Mercs. But if they fail to kill the target, it does get refunded.
not if they succeed. :lol:
i did it earlier today and had them go after a random player (i chose radomly) and watched the player take out the chopper pilot and take the chopper (oh well).

You never called them at all because they don't send choppers. Nice lie.
I think he meant the chopper backup option which does exist. Thats $5000 though, not $7500.
Don't be so quick to jump down peoples throats over a simple mistake.

I didn't know shooting the pilot causes the helicopter to land perfectly and not blow up. Have YOU even called in a backup chopper yet? It flies entirely too high to be taken by killing the pilot.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

I thought the mercenaries were useless until there was this one guy who was pissed that i killed him a few times(which was his own fault for attacking me first)but he had a 7000 bounty on him.and i had just gotten a 9000 bounty put on me so i went into ammu-nation to stock up when i see the red dot arriving outside.

i could just about see him out the window crouching behind his car waiting so i waited a few minutes because i wasn't gonna let him get me that way.then i thought to call the mercenaries and when they arrived he turned around to try defend himself and i came out the door at that point and shot him and claimed the bounty which covered the price of the mercenaries too hahaha the roaring and shouting he was doing was crazy

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

2 money services

Heli pick up

Mercenaries

The rest is useless although I did use a boat pick up,to escape a troll

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

Merryweather Mesa is stupid easy to get. Either call mercs on someone, kill the mercs and take the jeep or in a few of the missions involving Merryweather they have jeeps occasionally, hop in, take it to garage, finish or fail the mission.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I had a fully modded, chromed out Merryweather jeep.  It sucks.  It's slow as hell, doesn't turn well, and flips over a lot.

Sold it.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

I ALMOST beat a sanchez in an off-road race with my Merryweather Mesa. But of course, I flipped over on the last sharp turn and by the time I caught up to him, he was crossing the finish line. It is not a good racer, shame.

My record with the Merryweather Mesa in races is 0-3. Never again.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

I ALMOST beat a sanchez in an off-road race with my Merryweather Mesa. But of course, I flipped over on the last sharp turn and by the time I caught up to him, he was crossing the finish line. It is not a good racer, shame.

BF Injection is the fastest off-roader in the game.   Heck, i'd take the Sandking over the Merryweather jeep.    As I said before, the jeep sucks ass.

GullyB
  • GullyB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

I call them to mainly f*ck with someone who's being a dick or racist. Set a low bounty, Call the Mercs, send one of Lamar's muggers, then kill them when they respawn.

Resell a jeep to recoup the money loss.

TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

To steal their helicopters. Poor Merryweather pilots.

Does that still work? I was sniping a pilot like crazy not too long ago, and all that happened was that the pilot pulled away. I was under the impression that R* fixed that and made them invincible, or maybe I'm just a piss poor shot when the aiming sights are right between the eyes of a target.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

i did it earlier today and had them go after a random player (i chose radomly) and watched the player take out the chopper pilot and take the chopper (oh well).

Ermmm yeah they do. Had one laying down fire on the mission where you're supposed to parachute into a mansion and kill a guy then take his picture.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

im no lier, i did call for mercs i just told you what i saw.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

To steal their helicopters. Poor Merryweather pilots.

Does that still work? I was sniping a pilot like crazy not too long ago, and all that happened was that the pilot pulled away. I was under the impression that R* fixed that and made them invincible, or maybe I'm just a piss poor shot when the aiming sights are right between the eyes of a target.

they must have , i tried it the other night and they didn't like me (merryweather) for doing it. :lol:

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

BF Injection is the fastest off-roader in the game.   Heck, i'd take the Sandking over the Merryweather jeep.    As I said before, the jeep sucks ass.

even i like the bf injection (because it's based off vw) but i also love the sand king xl because of it's monster truck looks.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

just up grade it if you haven't already.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

im no lier, i did call for mercs i just told you what i saw.

^ true
I've called mercs several times and most of the times the do send the usual jeeps
but once they did send an attack chopper instead of jeeps

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by WBaker, 27 October 2013 - 07:17 AM.

To get back at the person who sent mercs let the mercs kill you and you've just taken $7, 500 from them. Considering how lousy merryweather is that service should be free. Random gun toting grannies I cut off in traffic are more menacing than merryweather mercs.

Edit: I called mercs on some guy so I could watch it on tv. He left and no refund. So that's an option. Can anyone confirm this?

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Its way too expensive for simply one kill.

Even worse is if you call mercs, and someone else kills the target, Merryweather says "Mission accomplished" and takes your money.

I dunno how effective they are. I've gotten a few kills and fought them once, but they won because they were obscured by foliage and shot me to death before I could manuver the camera.

Lower the cost or make it waves that last X amount of seconds. Its not worth the price.

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I also have a Merryweather Mesa in my garage. Stole it when they were responding to a hit. I love that car.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's good to annoy trigger-happy bastards. But the airstrike is surprisingly useless.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Lordgodofhell, 27 October 2013 - 08:27 AM.

Op, get into a crew fight. Or even a large scale random battle.

With everyone shooting at each other, ducking for cover, running, etc, we can use Merryweather to gain the advantage.

Are they a terminator force? Hell no. But they provide two sweet modes of transportation and kill off noobs so you don't have to waste your precious time doing so.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's good to annoy trigger-happy bastards. But the airstrike is surprisingly useless.

The fact the game tells the target you sent mercs does the opposite. Now they're just gonna come after you again.

webdevour
  • webdevour

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

I love the mercs.  If I need to take a break in my apartment or go buy some clothes in a public lobby, there's almost always some d-bag waiting outside for you to leave the store so they can grief you. 

I get a kick out of calling Merryweather, sending Mercenaries after the guy waiting for me outside, and just waiting for him to either be killed by the mercs or notice them coming and start booking it.  Either way you get your window to leave the store

• MovieGuy786 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users