GTA:O is pretty boring isn't it?

84 replies to this topic
Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

i played gta 4 multiplayer for hundreds of hours. from 2008 until gta 5 launch in 2013 and i never really got bored of it..... gta 5 does not have the same vibe. after less than 2 months ive found myself bored and annoyed with the game.  im afraid to even go near other players because 9/10 are complete assholes and will kill you instantly. the minigames are boring. racing is dull and the addition of slipstream ruins it. deathmatches suck because they brought back the 'hidden' noise style back from RDR.....

and free mode sucks because player blips arent colored. finding people is a pain in the ass, even when highlighted (the highlight goes away after you find them)

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Did someone say Madden wins game of the year awards? Please, share your drugs with me.

Lol, ok that may have been the booze talking

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

It's getting a little boring to me so I bought a tank

Dude

Change ur avatar

Tanks are fun watch out for bad sport

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

To answer OP's question...

Nope.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Dude

Change ur avatar

Already found out the hard way, c*nts just driving into me to suicide. Bored of it already.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Dude
Change ur avatar

Already found out the hard way, c*nts just driving into me to suicide. Bored of it already.

Spawn trap people on foot.

Rex budman
  • Rex budman

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

I've honestly just fully worked a bike, rode to the windmills and do jumps non-stop until I get sick of it.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Dude
Change ur avatar

Spawn trap people on foot.

Did some until they cried and left.

I also parked parallel in front of LSC and watched the reactions of people driving towards it, realising there was a tank there and handbrake turning/reversing to get the hell out.

JiNN-ELITE
  • JiNN-ELITE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Once you've done the missions & joined random ones they get boring same sh*t...

Going around starting sh*t with people is fun only if they come for you but that gets boring

Police = dont even bother these mofo's r robocops

Racing is only fun when you have a bitch crying down the headset

Last my favourite chasing people down starting a lil race then blowin out their tyres thats dead now people have finally invested in bulletproof tyres

I give gta until feb before its completely dead....

But BF4 :D that looks good

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

I agree that it will die within the next 6 months.

New cars = meh

Heists = once finished are repetitive

Aircraft are too sh*t to battle in.

Ground battles are hard to find in such a big map

Deathmatch maps are too small

IIluminati
  • IIluminati

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Boring.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

I agree that it will die within the next 6 months.

New cars = meh

Heists = once finished are repetitive

Aircraft are too sh*t to battle in.

Ground battles are hard to find in such a big map

Deathmatch maps are too small

It will take a major hit when next gen launches

Rockstar didn't care they sold the most games ever

They're already working I next gen and they know they'll sell even more then

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by TheInsider, 27 October 2013 - 07:43 AM.

It's fun when playing with friends. The difference between playing by yourself in a free roam and playing with friends in on is remarkable. Multiple hours of fun just by driving around and killing people, starting mini-wars between everyone, killing each other, etc. 

It's basically what we had to do on GTA IV, which is where the disappointment comes in, because there was supposed to be so much more to do on "GTA Online". They gave it its own name-- not GTA V Online-- because of how big and expansive it was going to be. 

I have patience but not optimism as Rockstar's main focus just seems to be on making it as hard as possible to make money, forcing people into buying GTA$. At least on GTA IV when my friends and I messed around like we're doing now, we didn't have to make money to pay for guns, ammo, insurance bills, etc. 

Overall I'd say it's not close to being a failure yet, but it's on the verge of being labeled a massive disappointment. It's getting to the point where unless I have a ton of friends on, I'd rather play story mode, and that was never the case with GTA IV for me. The story mode itself had me somewhat disappointed, but I figured online would redeem all of that with the ability to do whatever, whenever.. and it just hasn't happened yet. 

I thought the game was an auto-lock to be a 10/10 and win GoTY, but I'm starting to think otherwise. 

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

If you decided to hammer through 150 ranks of content in a few weeks and cheated to fill your bank account and buy everything, you have no one to blame but yourself for making the game boring.

Yea its not full of content. Yes more stuff is planned down the line. Still, freeroam with friends is very enjoyable even without picking on other players. Y'all however decided to just rush to the end instead of just playing and are blaming someone else for it.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I look forward to playing with none of you when GTA:O hits next gen consoles with a lot of content.

Much like RDR they're working it out as they go. Free roam in RDR was a lot of jack sh*t at first too.

Next gen won't kill this, as a) not a ton of people will own next gen at first, b) it will eventually move over to the new systems. It won't be GTA:O 2, it'll be an updated version. They would be foolish not to.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

yeah ive played about 3 hours in the last 5 days.. gets boring very very fast, mainly doing all the same sh*t over and over, and im not interested in half the missions available, jet ski or bike rides or motorcycle race isnt my thing, so will just keep the game as something to do when im bored playing with my ball sack

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Get some friends, really, It is a lot better with friends.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

I look forward to playing with none of you when GTA:O hits next gen consoles with a lot of content.
Much like RDR they're working it out as they go. Free roam in RDR was a lot of jack sh*t at first too.
Next gen won't kill this, as a) not a ton of people will own next gen at first, b) it will eventually move over to the new systems. It won't be GTA:O 2, it'll be an updated version. They would be foolish not to.

you talk an absolute load of sh*t, shutup.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

Get some friends, really, It is a lot better with friends.

very true

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Agreed as well. I used to love the game but I'm about over it at this point. I'm just holding out for next gen and I'll likely be done with GTA 5 until (if) they port it over. Sad that something so hyped quickly dropped from the graces of so many players.

When you combine the promises from Rockstar that have failed, 700 missions which really were mainly races and deathmatch, one of the worst launches I've ever seen, no heists being released for likely yet another month, no creation system for game modes yet, and the stimulus package being pushed back twice it causes players to lose trust and leave. On top of that I think a big problem was some wishful thinking by us players overall. What we were expecting in a current gen game was a bit overboard and not that realistic.

What got me most excited was Rockstar stating they would always be releasing new content like missions. But now that we've seen that most missions are just game modes, I suspect that's what they meant we'll receive as players going into the future.

Don't get me wrong, this can be a fun game with buddies but it's nowhere near the ground breaking title we expected. It still doesn't feel anywhere near being a complete game.

Sums it up perfectly. The hype sucked a lot of us in, and we can now see that Rockstar's overwhelming priority is just to make money. Just like with GTA IV, there's a frustration because of the potential for the game to be something so much better, whether that has to do with Rockstar's effort, the current hardware, or whatever. 

If you accept it for what it is, GTA V is actually pretty fun compared to most games out there. But for myself-- and many people on here-- the hype and idea of what it was going to be (or what it should be) is always in the back of my head. 

See a bank with doors closed, wondering why I can't rob it. See a bunch of amazing looking houses, wondering why I can't buy any of them. See a huge map with so many different landscapes, and wonder why there's so little to do. I'd go on, but I know people feel the same way I do. 

I'd call myself selfish for wanting so much, but the Rockstar-created hype is the reason I feel the way I do. 

Ofai
  • Ofai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I havnt glitched the LSC (maybe i should have ) but i find i spend most my time grinding missions for coin to get ammo to get involved with the free roam street battles. This makes it extremely boring most of the time. The prices for stuff are too high and the payouts too low, makes me feel like its more of a job to earn money than sitting down and having some fun

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Starvation would solve your problem. If you're already bored try not cheating. Getting millions is what makes you think you have nothing to buy. Build your character from zero and try playing the game instead of making more fake money.

I've played since launch and I have 40k because I spend the money I make playing, there's always something to do considering the more you level up more becomes available. You only cheat yourself by glitching millions.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by petenasty, 27 October 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Agreed as well. I used to love the game but I'm about over it at this point. I'm just holding out for next gen and I'll likely be done with GTA 5 until (if) they port it over. Sad that something so hyped quickly dropped from the graces of so many players.

When you combine the promises from Rockstar that have failed, 700 missions which really were mainly races and deathmatch, one of the worst launches I've ever seen, no heists being released for likely yet another month, no creation system for game modes yet, and the stimulus package being pushed back twice it causes players to lose trust and leave. On top of that I think a big problem was some wishful thinking by us players overall. What we were expecting in a current gen game was a bit overboard and not that realistic.

What got me most excited was Rockstar stating they would always be releasing new content like missions. But now that we've seen that most missions are just game modes, I suspect that's what they meant we'll receive as players going into the future.

Don't get me wrong, this can be a fun game with buddies but it's nowhere near the ground breaking title we expected. It still doesn't feel anywhere near being a complete game.

Sums it up perfectly. The hype sucked a lot of us in, and we can now see that Rockstar's overwhelming priority is just to make money. Just like with GTA IV, there's a frustration because of the potential for the game to be something so much better, whether that has to do with Rockstar's effort, the current hardware, or whatever. 

If you accept it for what it is, GTA V is actually pretty fun compared to most games out there. But for myself-- and many people on here-- the hype and idea of what it was going to be (or what it should be) is always in the back of my head. 

See a bank with doors closed, wondering why I can't rob it. See a bunch of amazing looking houses, wondering why I can't buy any of them. See a huge map with so many different landscapes, and wonder why there's so little to do. I'd go on, but I know people feel the same way I do. 

I'd call myself selfish for wanting so much, but the Rockstar-created hype is the reason I feel the way I do. 
How is their priority making money?

They took down the micro transaction store as soon as things got hairy with servers

It hasn't gone back up yet

They put new content and the stimulus on hold to work on stability and bugs to make sure no one lost any of their progress

GTAV made a lot of money but 0 of it comes from Online right now. There are no ads, no pay-to-win, no paid unlockables, the entire thing is free and will be free forever. Even if the store went up tomorrow, anyone e with half a brain can make plenty of money without resorting to cheating.

BUT EVIL ROCLSTAR FORCING US2 BUY CA$$$$H CARDS

Every post I read on this board complaining the game sucks and is boring and they want to quit appears to be written by literal 15 year old retards so if they all quit that would be super chill. I'd buy cash cards if the player base douched itself.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I've been playing for 2-3 hours every other day or so. It's keeping me interested. I guess when your life revolves around video games and you do nothing but play them all day every day you will get bored within weeks instead of months.

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

It's Incredibly boring at the moment. None of my friends want to play it either because there is nothing remotely interesting to do. 

bs2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users