GTA:O is pretty boring isn't it?

84 replies to this topic
Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Most of what you can do activity/mission wise isn't worth the time

.... at least until the content creator comes out.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Most of what you can do activity/mission wise isn't worth the time

.... at least until the content creator comes out.

I hope so, would love to see a great content creator

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Do you agree it's pretty boring? I mean, I've done everything it has to offer and I gotta say it's not quite the gem Rockstar think it is. Maybe I've just been playing it too much! 

At 82 Im still happy roleplaying, but at 120 I can see it becoming boring easily. 

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Kiiind of. Definitely wouldn't be on as much if I hadn't found a solid group of people to play with.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

If you're bored with GTA Online, you're probably boring yourself.

The possibilities are endless and maybe you should try being creative and having fun.

Glitching does ruin the fun, but I wouldn't know. I play legit and never get bored.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Did someone say Madden wins game of the year awards? Please, share your drugs with me.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

If you're bored of this game after a month, I've got bad news for you... This game got Game of the Year awards already, so there's a chance you're not going to like gaming much at all. Better find a new hobby.

And what does this have to do with being bored with a game? "Game of the Year" does not mean "Game you will never get bored of". It means they sold a lot of copies and had good reviews. Most of those reviewers usually review the game and then move onto another game to review.
this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

GTA Online is boring as much as this thread is.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

So you agree it's boring? Ok. 

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Peeps bashing fps games, lmao

Fps ruuuule

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Then why are you reading the thread?

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Eh. I've been having lots of fun. But one thing I'll say, in GTA4, half the fun(in my opinion, of course) was facing off against the cops. In GTA5, that's not possible, since cops all seem to be trained as navy seals with 100% accuracy. Unless you have a tank, you can rule out that as something to do online.

And maybe not the other 50% of fun completely, but another fun part was chasing people down and having a little mini war in the city. You cannot do that, at least, not completely, thanks to the bad sport system. Deathmatches just aren't the same. No one wants to be limited to a small map when they're going to war in an open world game...

Something I did a lot in GTA4, was pilot helicopters. And since flying absolutely sucks in GTA5, being inaccurate as hell, and shaking/wobbling uncontrollably while also allowing ANY player, regardless of skill fire lock-on missiles... well, there goes all the fun in dog fighting.

So that is a few problems  have with GTA5, that allowed for lots of fun in GTA4. But with that said, I'm still having a blast in GTA5. Doing missions with people, racing, playing deathmatch with low level players and abusing my overpowered rocket launchers, and even hunting bounties in free roam.

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Agreed as well. I used to love the game but I'm about over it at this point. I'm just holding out for next gen and I'll likely be done with GTA 5 until (if) they port it over. Sad that something so hyped quickly dropped from the graces of so many players.

When you combine the promises from Rockstar that have failed, 700 missions which really were mainly races and deathmatch, one of the worst launches I've ever seen, no heists being released for likely yet another month, no creation system for game modes yet, and the stimulus package being pushed back twice it causes players to lose trust and leave. On top of that I think a big problem was some wishful thinking by us players overall. What we were expecting in a current gen game was a bit overboard and not that realistic.

What got me most excited was Rockstar stating they would always be releasing new content like missions. But now that we've seen that most missions are just game modes, I suspect that's what they meant we'll receive as players going into the future.

Don't get me wrong, this can be a fun game with buddies but it's nowhere near the ground breaking title we expected. It still doesn't feel anywhere near being a complete game.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

It's good and everything.

It's just over, that's all. :cool:

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Its definitely not something that you can play day in day out like COD was, but even once that gets boring its boring.  I can say this, while GTAO is kind of boring now, I don't see me ever giving my copy away.

Like COD(or whatever FPS you prefer) its always a good genre to have in the library.  Months from now, cuz I aint buying first gen XOne, I'll probably still be able to throw this game in and have a blast.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

Its definitely not something that you can play day in day out like COD was, but even once that gets boring its boring.  I can say this, while GTAO is kind of boring now, I don't see me ever giving my copy away.

Like COD(or whatever FPS you prefer) its always a good genre to have in the library.  Months from now, cuz I aint buying first gen XOne, I'll probably still be able to throw this game in and have a blast.

I got bored with COD pretty quick.... :yawn:

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's getting a little boring to me so I bought a tank

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

sometimes boring is a good thing, do something different

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

Gta online is awesome. You people need to be more creative and also play with friends. Smoking weed while playing boosts the creativity and fun factor even more. Thank you rockstar for an amazing game. I love you

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I don't blame you, but I had a crew of guys I work with and we tended to win most of the time.  Dogs, swarms, lodestars, and my favorite the warthog.  Winning takes a while to get boring, specially when the other team is raging on the mics.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by Brainberry, 27 October 2013 - 01:49 AM.

It is if you play alone, it never gets old with the homies. 

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Nope. I pre ejaculate a little when I play I'm so excited

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by silentunion, 27 October 2013 - 02:06 AM.

I don't blame you, but I had a crew of guys I work with and we tended to win most of the time.  Dogs, swarms, lodestars, and my favorite the warthog.  Winning takes a while to get boring, specially when the other team is raging on the mics.

So then if you were one of the people losing would you still say what I bolded? :)

I'm not trying to badger you or anything, I just don't really see how COD is much of a comparison to this game.

• MLO_III likes this

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

So then if you were one of the people losing would you still say what I bolded? :)

I'm not trying to badger you or anything, I just don't really see how COD is much of a comparison to this game.

I see.  Guess my point was that everyone should own a copy of each genre for their game libraries. Obviously, I've only really enjoyed gaming for its FPS gaming. Terrible at fighters, mediocre at madden, and never very good at Gears (although I did well in three). GTA is an open game world where you can do things in it that you can't in COD. I get your point, though.

For this discussion, I thought COD was a good example of game, where even though its the same maps, day after day, I was able to play it from one release to the next.  Like another poster said, having friends to play with really makes the freeroam a lot more fun when starting turfwars.

btw, thnks for not being dushy.  Always nice to forum it up with people, even when they don't agree with me.

EASTC0AST_GH05T
  • EASTC0AST_GH05T

Disallow Nation

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

It is very boring now, allot of my friends have become bad sports and choose to play other games for the time being. The matchmaking systems is terrible you can't even get a good tdm lobby going half the time in the free aim lobbies. The crew lobbie is a joke me and crew mates joined that hoping we could get some crew vs crew competitions going on and no dice. The bad sport systems is kinda killing the game along with the crappy matchmaking system because I am noticing allot of bad sports simply not playing the game for the time being. I am most irritated about simply not being able to play TDM free aim matches because most of the people are in AA lobbies and the free aim tdm lobbies are always ghost towns. That forces me to go after people in free roam to quench my pvp thirst since its hard to get competitive deathmatches going.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

I see.  Guess my point was that everyone should own a copy of each genre for their game libraries. Obviously, I've only really enjoyed gaming for its FPS gaming. Terrible at fighters, mediocre at madden, and never very good at Gears (although I did well in three). GTA is an open game world where you can do things in it that you can't in COD. I get your point, though.

For this discussion, I thought COD was a good example of game, where even though its the same maps, day after day, I was able to play it from one release to the next.  Like another poster said, having friends to play with really makes the freeroam a lot more fun when starting turfwars.

btw, thnks for not being dushy.  Always nice to forum it up with people, even when they don't agree with me.

No worries. I can see your point working for someone with more of a fps background like yourself. I never was into the fps as much as other people. I actually come from more of a racing/sports/strategy background more than anything. :)

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Got to the strip club....

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

If you're bored with GTA Online, you're probably boring yourself.

The possibilities are endless and maybe you should try being creative and having fun.

Glitching does ruin the fun, but I wouldn't know. I play legit and never get bored.

This

Someone sensible finally

People were still playing GTA IV online last time I checked a few months ago.  People will still be playing this in 4 years time.  I hopefully will be.

Vosa
  • Vosa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Somebody said it doesn't feel like a complete game and I think that's the best way to describe it. It's literally like a demo. Single player was incredible but without the ability to present that world with all of the NPCs and "life" into online, it just feels dead. It's playing the same missions and fooling around in free roam, that's it. Disappointed with it honestly, yet just like another person said, I'm sure I won't be giving up my copy. No doubt I'll play it for a while. Single player was incredible IMO. Online just didn't live up to the hype at all..

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

This game is a living world...it won't always be super entertaining but for myself it a game I can just live in. I don't know if any of you ever want that from a game, the feeling that you're in another place..no countdown till the end of the match, no disqualified for driving outside the given path, its freedom to do what you want.

Positive or negative, the outcome is different each time. It will be the most boring moment just before you find the most fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users