Photo

GTA:O is pretty boring isn't it?

84 replies to this topic
LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Do you agree it's pretty boring? I mean, I've done everything it has to offer and I gotta say it's not quite the gem Rockstar think it is. Maybe I've just been playing it too much! 

Cool Story Bro
  • Cool Story Bro

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

GTA Online = boring

GTA Online with glitches = fun

I mean ALL glitches

• MackRotten likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

It's boring. Addictive but boring. Feels like a demo compared to story mode..
  • madhojo likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Tbh the most fun I've had in the game is driving round with a couple of people doing drive-bys and general "griefing". But it's only fun when players bite back. I don't really enjoy fighting player who don't fight back. It feels like the most enjoyable moments are few and far between. Because lets face it, the missions get repetitive. 

• kphitter25 likes this

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

It's boring. Addictive but boring. Feels like a demo compared to story mode..

Agreed.
  • pilscy likes this

xX-EmptyClip-Xx
  • xX-EmptyClip-Xx

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Agreed!  I can't even muscle the will to play anymore.  I used to play 6hrs+ a day.  Missions are pointless now.  I make way more $ per hour from just robbing stores but that gets old real quick..

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by Omnicr0n, 26 October 2013 - 11:23 PM.

I logged in today and ground out a Rank, it saved, (on a Saturday! :blink: ) and bought some new duds. Then I thought, meh.

That's okay, it's an online game, come back in six months, it'll either be good, or dead.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

If you're bored of this game after a month, I've got bad news for you... This game got Game of the Year awards already, so there's a chance you're not going to like gaming much at all. Better find a new hobby.

• SAVILLAIN and FJack like this

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Gotta get creative. That's what made GTA IV fun. But it's hard to be creative when you have so much to worry about. Cops, money, ammo, etc

Peiva's Laahdin
  • Peiva's Laahdin

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Do you agree it's pretty boring? I mean, I've done everything it has to offer and I gotta say it's not quite the gem Rockstar think it is. Maybe I've just been playing it too much! 

Do you mean by "I've done everything" that you've glitched all the money you'll ever need? If so, no wonder it's boring for you.
  • SKaREO likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

If you're bored of this game after a month, I've got bad news for you... This game got Game of the Year awards already, so there's a chance you're not going to like gaming much at all. Better find a new hobby.

Pretty sure that applies to the single player portion of the game. I'm talking about the Online aspect. GotY is arbitrary nonsense anyway. Not saying I didn't love GTA V single player though, I did. 

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by SAVILLAIN, 26 October 2013 - 11:28 PM.

I'm having a blast ........ not even playing around

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

It's addicting

Yet unfulfilling

I can't wait for a new AAA FPS
  • SAVILLAIN likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Do you mean by "I've done everything" that you've glitched all the money you'll ever need? If so, no wonder it's boring for you.

I haven't done any money glitches. It doesn't seem like there's anything interesting I'm working towards. Lack of focus on the games part. 

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

It was a good run...well, not really. But it was a run.

Peiva's Laahdin
  • Peiva's Laahdin

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's addicting

Yet unfulfilling

Are you actually serious?

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Still fun for me. I love speeding around in my Futo or Sabre getting into police pursuits and goin for those 5 to 9k bounties. I haven't even been in story mode since GTA Online started. The story mode didn't catch my interest like GTA IV did. But I don't think I'll be leaving GTA Online for a quite some time

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by LillyOfTheValley, 26 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Still fun for me. I love speeding around in my Futo or Sabre getting into police pursuits and goin for those 5 to 9k bounties. I haven't even been in story mode since GTA Online started. The story mode didn't catch my interest like GTA IV did. But I don't think I'll be leaving GTA Online for a quite some time

That's good for you. I used to have the same enthusiasm for those things. Running from bounties is pretty fun. 

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

guys some of you aint thinking long term here... content creator is out soon and if you have ever played Infamous 2 and had fun with their creator you'll have some idea of what to expect and how awesome that is going to be and it will change the online experience for the better.  

patience    :)

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Sigh...people get bored of things so easily these days. 

You know what was boring - trying to reach rank 10 in GTA IV multiplayer.  Playing the same 2 missions [Bomb da Base II/Hangman's N.O.O.S.E.] over and over and over and over...with no guns to unlock, no cars to store and customise...nothing!  The most fun was buzzard/annihilator wars in TBOGT free mode.  But that got boring after a while.  Really boring [especially people going under the map]

So before you people talk about grinding and whining at how you can't get all the guns/cars/money all at once within a month of GTAO coming out [unless you cheat], consider that at least compared to IV there's TONS of stuff to do. 

• Barcelonic likes this

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Most games after one month are boring. That's why we see people move from game to game.

Trick is to be creative in how you counteract that boredom. Find a crew that's fun. Play the game in different ways. I agree that the game's limited at the moment, but at least there are heists and player made content on the horizon. I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of race tracks next month. lol

Pelle
  • Pelle

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

since it's still in its early stages so to say i expect it to be boring lol. hopefully some spark will be added to it once we get to do heists and such

Son_Of_Sparda
  • Son_Of_Sparda

Demon Desparado

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

It's Incredibly boring at the moment. None of my friends want to play it either because there is nothing remotely interesting to do. 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Maybe you guys shouldn't like obsessively play one game only. I don't know about you guys but there's a ton of games I've yet to play, are playing, and will in the future.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Madden wins that crap all the time and madden is a terrible game, not to mention a copy year in and year out. (Not john madden, he needs to come back and announce). But seriously, GoTY is bochey.

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

rockstar have given us no good reason for not playing this game until the cows come home, even if they weren't adding new content

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

I think its an Awesome game that could be very fulfilling  if you don't play it10hrs a day.

Its even a game 3 months from now you say...you know what...ima take out the Stinger and just cruise the coast line and maybe get involved in some sh*t....perhaps just picking up a pack of smokes in the local mart minding your own business acting chill and BAM! Car Crashes into the building and a player tumbles through the doors stumbling to get up....and ya think to yourself should I?

And yeah....before you know it the fun explosive action begins.

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

It's addicting

Yet unfulfilling

Bring on the copy and pasted linear adventures of a modern military shooter!

Oh how video games have fallen.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

It can be a fun time, but it is majorly lacking in content.

Can't buy hardly any properties and can't customize the ones you can buy
Half the vehicles in this game have no body mods
Most of what you can do activity/mission wise isn't worth the time

It's got a tin of potential, but then again so does any game.

(Anyone play the yakuza series? This game should have a dating sim, would have people actually playing the activities then. Not to mention it needs a job system like ff5)

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

And what does this have to do with being bored with a game? "Game of the Year" does not mean "Game you will never get bored of". It means they sold a lot of copies and had good reviews. Most of those reviewers usually review the game and then move onto another game to review.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users