» «
Photo

My apology to PC Gamers

19 replies to this topic
RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

I've been bashing PC Gamers for this and that and assuming that everyone who cries about GTA V is a PC Gamer... Well I've changed my mind about PC Gaming... 

Today I found out how to connect my ps3 controller to my computer... I have a good gaming rig who I bought a couple years back and some new awesome games were released for PC last week like batman and castlevania... well I have here castlevania, and I played it 60 fps on my PC with my PS3 controller and it was insane... I'm even thinking of getting the new naruto game for PC

Don't get me wrong, I'll still defend V from stupid complains but I'm just saying, being a console gamer... I realized today that PC Gaming is pretty epic and I understand why people want this game so badly for PC

• ayushisrocking, Mega and BlackScout like this

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

605803487.jpg

• RyanBurnsRed and RockstarFanboy like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Today I found out how to connect my ps3 controller to my computer...

I realized today that PC Gaming is pretty epic

No... no you haven't...

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I've been bashing PC Gamers for this and that and assuming that everyone who cries about GTA V is a PC Gamer... Well I've changed my mind about PC Gaming... 

Today I found out how to connect my ps3 controller to my computer... I have a good gaming rig who I bought a couple years back and some new awesome games were released for PC last week like batman and castlevania... well I have here castlevania, and I played it 60 fps on my PC with my PS3 controller and it was insane... I'm even thinking of getting the new naruto game for PC

Don't get me wrong, I'll still defend V from stupid complains but I'm just saying, being a console gamer... I realized today that PC Gaming is pretty epic and I understand why people want this game so badly for PC

I guess I could be considered a PC gamer, but the only game I've played in the last 10 years is GTA. I travel a lot, 8 hour flights and long waits in the airport. I'm able to bring 4 laptop batteries and a controller and I'm good to go. The mods can be pretty fun too. I bought a PS3 just for GTA V, I do kind of wish it would have come out for PC at the same time, but business is business and it was worth it. I would have probably had to get a better laptop to run V anyway.

Kind of a mirror image of you, because now that I've got the PS3, I've bought 3-4 other racing games. (bought a new 3d tv too. 3d games are the where it's at.)

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

yeah you havent quite switched over to the dark side yet. being able to aim with the mouse will change the game.

controller is useful for flight (which kinda sucks with a kb/m), and driving if you find on/off keys hard to use.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I've never used the mouse. I don't like the fact that they make it so I have to use the keyboard to type in codes; I wish it was the exact same as setup as PS3, just on my computer.

All different types I guess, I just like the portability of my computer, plus I already have one.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

yeah you havent quite switched over to the dark side yet. being able to aim with the mouse will change the game.

controller is useful for flight (which kinda sucks with a kb/m), and driving if you find on/off keys hard to use.

for FPS games I always use mouse and keyboard, but playing likes hack'n slash and TPS feels kinda better for me... at least I wasn't really hooked up to castlevania but I since I have my controller connected to the pc, I'm addicted to it o.O

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

for FPS games I always use mouse and keyboard, but playing likes hack'n slash and TPS feels kinda better for me... at least I wasn't really hooked up to castlevania but I since I have my controller connected to the pc, I'm addicted to it o.O

worst part about playing GTA5 on PS3 right now is aiming. its pretty much what is keeping me out of Online right now. cause i completely fail at those thumbsticks, i gotta use aimassist and then i feel cheep.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

worst part about playing GTA5 on PS3 right now is aiming. its pretty much what is keeping me out of Online right now. cause i completely fail at those thumbsticks, i gotta use aimassist and then i feel cheep.

same here, I just don't see how people are good at free aim using the analog stick

• BlackScout likes this

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

more thumb coordination i imagine. then again i think there is some delay going on with GAT5 making it even harder.

• BlackScout and RockstarFanboy like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by Xerukal, 27 October 2013 - 12:26 AM.

i am literally unable to adjust to a controller due to using nothing but a keyboard for about 12 years now (since i was about 7 or 8). 

The imprecision is just too much for me. I don't feel "in control" of my movements, especially in a GTA game, the way the on-foot movement handles. The shooting is an entirely different nightmare, as auto-aim is often cheap and free-aiming with a tumbstick is impossible for me. It's probably because all my thumb does while gaming is press the spacebar every now and then, lol. 

Now with a keyboard and mouse, I've grown to adapt with no matter what game I play. Hell, even fighting games. I'm not that bad at MK9 when I correctly memorize all the keyboard bindings.

It's all personal experience and preference, I suppose. 

• Mega and SilverRST like this

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

i am literally unable to adjust to a controller due to using nothing but a keyboard for about 12 years now (since i was about 7 or 8). 

The imprecision is just too much for me. I don't feel "in control" of my movements, especially in a GTA game, the way the on-foot movement handles. The shooting is an entirely different nightmare, as auto-aim is often cheap and free-aiming with a tumbstick is impossible for me. It's probably because all my thumb does while gaming is press the spacebar every now and then, lol. 

Now with a keyboard and mouse, I've grown to adapt with no matter what game I play. Hell, even fighting games. I'm not that bad at MK9 when I correctly memorize all the keyboard bindings.

driving sucks with a keyboard... on/off W key... that's terrible 

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Not for me. 

• SilverRST likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by brootalperry, 27 October 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Buy Fallout 3 or New Vegas, or Skyrim and use mods. Then you will really see what PC gaming has to offer. 

I agree. But in games like Arma and Planetside 2, it's alright. 

Other games like GTA and LA Noire I always use my 360 controller. 

I can't wait for the Xbox One to come out. I'll upgrade to Windows 8 and get a wireless Xbox One controller. Reason why I don't use a wireless 360 controller now is because it doesn't work with some games. The wired 360 controller is compatible with nearly all multiplatform games released today. Even the The Witcher 2 when it was still PC only supported the 360 controller.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Not for me. 

ok... it does tho...  enjoy your wait gta v pc version

anyway i'm off to play red dead redemption :) it's a R* game you should try it out it was released in 2010 i'm pretty sure they released it for pc too

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Just don't ever forget that PC is superior again or I might have to discipline you! I have the edjumacation stick and I'm not afraid to thwack you a good one! PC FO LIFE!

---

No really, I'm glad you found an interest in PC gaming. Since you have consoles though, I will definitely say to check up on a game to see whether it got a good PC version or not. Sometimes the ports are awful and it'd be best to get the console version. 

• RockstarFanboy likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by Xerukal, 27 October 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Not for me. 

anyway i'm off to play red dead redemption :) it's a R* game you should try it out it was released in 2010 i'm pretty sure they released it for pc too

It wasn't. 

If I didn't know better, and I probably don't, I'd say you were teasing me. But I won't. Because I won't drag this on any longer. Driving has been fine in many GTA games, for me  (Notice the emphasis on personal preference and experience).

Opinions and personal experiences are very hard to digest for some, It would seem.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Not for me. 

It wasn't. 

If I didn't know better, and I probably don't, I'd say you were teasing me. But I won't. Because I won't drag this on any longer. Driving has been fine in many GTA games, for me  (Notice the emphasis on personal preference and experience).

Opinions and personal experiences are very hard to digest for some, It would seem.

yeah it was a tease sorry about that... :'(

gta san andreas driving on PC is awesome btw (personal experience)

H1ghW1sdom
  • H1ghW1sdom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Apology accepted :lol: From me anyways

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by MegaMario1500, 27 October 2013 - 02:43 AM.

Wow, peaceful talk in a PC discussion in GTAF's V section? I'm impressed!  :lol:

I hope it lasts longer than other times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users