Quantcast

» «
Photo

So what exactly do you guys do post-game?

62 replies to this topic
TGroves14
  • TGroves14

www.thesgn.com

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by TGroves14, 27 October 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Online is not garbage. It's extremely fun. BUT you have to have friends to enjoy it. One of my friends and I both have a sandking SWB lifted truck and we took them out mudding in this swampy area and we loaded up the back of our trucks with ATVs we found on the beach. Here's a snapshot http://rsg.ms/1awdp8s

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

At the moment I'm searching for a few Trailer Locations, other than that I'm still trying to get that perfect scenery shot using my Snapmatic app.

I am casually doing this, along with other things.   We lived so many months of our lives with the magical, mythical scenes of the first trailer and then eventually the other trailers and screenshots, that it is almost like a holy grail quest to actually find those scenes now in the actual game.  Seriously, that is a more substantial and meaningful quest than anything that Rockstar designed into the post-game period. 

I will also save a couple of duplicate gamesaves so that I can do invincibility and weapons cheats http://gtaforums.com...tsxbox-360-ps3/ and actually have some fun without being chased by cops every 2 minutes.  I am looking forward to some epic 3 to 5-star cop battles. 

In the meantime, I am using the Construction Assassination replay glitch to enable Franklin to roam around the world and explore and cause havoc as desired, without cops.  It's decently challenging because you can still get killed in fights with NPCs (such as the Ballas at the end of Grove Street). 

Here is the Construction Assassination glitch (from mr. libs http://gtaforums.com...435576-mr-libs/): 

Useful trick for getting rid of the cops in GTA V

http://gtaforums.com...ee-san-andreas/

also checkout Shadow Paws YT video presentation Never Wanted

http://gtaforums.com...ty-cheatpolice/

• SaboteurSniper likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Using my imagination maaaaaaannn..... Playing pool, beating Amanda, bribing army and seeking revenge on cops with shiny UFO and aliens who sold me Jetpack for Trevor's
Spoiler

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:11 AM Edited by mariana_dm1989, 27 October 2013 - 06:13 AM.

loads of exciting things I do which keep me playing and wanting more:

1) mod a car like the dominator with full armor, max engine, transmission, turbo upgrades, bulletproof tires, then have 4 or 5 star high speed chases across the map. Really fun. This alone allows for you to be creative and make fun for yourself. I always manage to ecape by hiding in the tunnel you use to get away in the jewelrly heist mission.

2) I have shootouts with the cops on foot. Really fun. I don't stay In once place because cop AI is so good that they will easily find a way to surround you and sneak a fatal shot in. I just run around to a corner of a building, start shooting, kill 4 or 5 cops, then run for the next corner, take cover and repeat the process. Just run around the streets and take advantage of building corners and alleys.I can last like 20-30 minutes on foot out in the open with 5 star wanted level. The helicopters are not a problem so long as you keep on sprinting and only focus on the ground forces. Also have full grenade launcher and rpg ammo to take out the police cars that try to cut your path when you are sprinting for the next block.

3) flying planes and landing them is good fun. So is doing stunts.

4) have shootouts with the gangs in the various hideouts across the map.( There are many you have to find for yourself. Grove street is the most obvious one)

5) Many times I just like to mod a car and just drive around trying not to crash. I try to power slide and just make perfect maneuvers. It's so fun, especially in los santos county countryside( you can make nice drifts here)
  • saintsrow likes this

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

singleplayer is trash. 

online is trash as well, but i cope with it. i really like the survival missions, and i like to race a lot. 

currently, im trying to unlock all the mods at LS CUSTOMS. 

other than that, the game was a letdown... not a MAJOR one, but a letdown nonetheless 

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:26 AM Edited by lizardman563, 27 October 2013 - 06:29 AM.

Well, OP, using your imagination isn't too general of a response. Typically that is what I usually say to people who ask this question. Besides the strangers and freaks, random events, various races, parachuting, and other events, using your imagination is all we've got for now. If you'll recall, the base GTA IV game was also somewhat lacking, but this was fixed in the DLCs, with the addition of gang wars and what not. I expect that to be the same way with GTA V, though, GTA V, unlike IV, has many more features as is and has certainly kept me entertained. You can try hopping online, which is ridiculously fun, or, if you are more of an SP person, which I am somewhat myself, you should infact "use your imagination", as much as you didn't want to hear that. Since online came out I've been playing that mostly, but today my internet was a little screwed up, so I played SP most of the time, and found myself thoroughly entertained just by giving myself things to do. For example, I found myself going to the various gang locations in LS (strawberry, el burro heights, ect.) and getting in shootouts with the gangs and evading police, or giving myself goals to accomplish, like driving a panel van up Mt. Chilliad with only its rims, and so forth. I could list all the sh*t I usually do in SP but I doubt you want to see all of that. I'm going to be abrupt here, but only stupid people get bored. Like it or not, if you want to find yourself entertained with games likes GTA, you're going to have to use some imagination. I used to be like you and expected scripted events to keep me pre-occupied, but then I realized that the beauty of GTA is you can do whatever the f*ck you want.

• TGroves14 and ShinobiFixer like this

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Typical GTA V fanboy responses, just like I said. "Scenery and imagination maaaaaan". BORING! This game sucks until you can convince me otherwise.

Nobody cares if you're bored. Go play something else moron.
  • ten-a-penny and TGroves14 like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Let's try and be a bit more mature about things here, yeah? Learn how to discuss properly, like men, or don't at all.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Let's try and be a bit more mature about things here, yeah? Learn how to discuss properly, like men, or don't at all.

Hey f*ck you you're not the boss of me

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Oh, and I just fully customised my weapon and broke into the prison. I also used stocks to gain money and saved up to buy a private jet.
Is that enough (including my old reply) to convince you there's plenty to do in the game?

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Well, OP, using your imagination isn't too general of a response. Typically that is what I usually say to people who ask this question. Besides the strangers and freaks, random events, various races, parachuting, and other events, using your imagination is all we've got for now. If you'll recall, the base GTA IV game was also somewhat lacking, but this was fixed in the DLCs, with the addition of gang wars and what not. I expect that to be the same way with GTA V, though, GTA V, unlike IV, has many more features as is and has certainly kept me entertained. You can try hopping online, which is ridiculously fun, or, if you are more of an SP person, which I am somewhat myself, you should infact "use your imagination", as much as you didn't want to hear that. Since online came out I've been playing that mostly, but today my internet was a little screwed up, so I played SP most of the time, and found myself thoroughly entertained just by giving myself things to do. For example, I found myself going to the various gang locations in LS (strawberry, el burro heights, ect.) and getting in shootouts with the gangs and evading police, or giving myself goals to accomplish, like driving a panel van up Mt. Chilliad with only its rims, and so forth. I could list all the sh*t I usually do in SP but I doubt you want to see all of that. I'm going to be abrupt here, but only stupid people get bored. Like it or not, if you want to find yourself entertained with games likes GTA, you're going to have to use some imagination. I used to be like you and expected scripted events to keep me pre-occupied, but then I realized that the beauty of GTA is you can do whatever the f*ck you want.

Even before the DLC's came out GTA IV gave me a completely satisfying single player experience. Then once you finished it there was multiplayer to look forward to. Unlike V where the story is too short and multiplayer is a complete bust. 

And you don't even know what you're talking about when you say I need scripted events to keep me entertained. Most of the enjoyment I got out of GTA IV came from making my own fun with friends online in free mode. Back when free mode wasn't a boring grind-fest that punished players for killing each other(how some of you see this as a good thing is beyond me). And before we had to pay for basic necessities like ammo and cars. You know back when free mode actually had...freedom?

V's online is just a trick to make you work for sh*t that should be given to you from the get go, it isn't fun by any means. Objectively it's f*cking horrible if your opinion differs from me on this one you're wrong. Sorry.

Oh, and I just fully customised my weapon and broke into the prison. I also used stocks to gain money and saved up to buy a private jet.
Is that enough (including my old reply) to convince you there's plenty to do in the game?

No, I have done most of the sh*t mentioned in this thread already. 

I hit the money cap after doing Lester's assassination missions. But honestly I have bought everything I want and still have over 2 billion for each character. I bought all the properties and vehicles I wanted. That goes for aircraft and boats as well. All weapons & attachments. 

A lot of the fun I've had post game has come from collecting and customizing rare cars but now that I have everything I want there ain't sh*t to do. Multiplayer was meant to compensate for a short story. It didn't. 

• saintsrow likes this

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

What is repeatedly been fun for me is doing cop shoot outs with all 3 characters together in creative locations, once you get bored with that, do it with your friends i guarantee you'll have fun. if that doesnt sound fun get a sanchez into the back of a Sandking XL and try to get it to the top of Mt. Chiliad (its insanely hard).

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

I haven't found any GTA to have much to do after the story completions.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Serbia

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

I feel sorry for anyone who chose ending A for the first time 

Spoiler

I wish the property management wasn't so sporadic too.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Stranger missions, collectibles, property missions, customize cars, take pics around the map, rob stores. That or Online, which people here are too stubborn to accept as part of the game.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

I completed IV few weeks after it´s release and still I played it until GTA V, well actually I still play IV because my V disc got broken  :/ only now I am starting to get bored to aimlessly roam Liberty City while listening to same songs over and over again.

• ten-a-penny likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 27 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Go for 100% - I'm sick of so many people saying this (this is an actual example):

Just completed gta. Now i have nothing to do.

I mean really? Complete the game to 100% first (because thats when you have really completed it), then hang out with phone contacts, drive around the countryside/city, improve character stats etc.

Spoiler

I chose A first time.... Luckily I had a save file made just before 'The Big Score' so I loaded that up and did C

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Mod every car (you'll be surprised at which ones you'll like!), drive through Tongva Valley, rob stores out in the sticks, go to the balcony where the random guy getting his stuff thrown everywhere is and start a huge 5* firefight, drive a truck along the highways as Trevor with a trucker's hat, press right on the D-Pad to pedestrians as Trevor, where green on Grove Street as Franklin and start a gang war, fly a plane as high as you can and free-fall for ages... I could literally go on all day.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Typical GTA V fanboy responses, just like I said. "Scenery and imagination maaaaaan". BORING! This game sucks until you can convince me otherwise.

well u suck cock

kifflom

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

kifflom

• Kifflom! likes this

ThatOneDork
  • ThatOneDork

Full of Surprises

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Honestly, the only two things that keep me on this game are these things:

A. Grab a friend and hunt down players in free roam.

B. Putting on music from the movie Drive and just driving around.

There's not much to do single player or multiplayer wise. And imagination shouldn't have to be used for a medium like videogames really, where everything is so visual.

• Stockton209What likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

For me, I roleplay and play my avatar as an extension of myself.  I do whatever the hell I feel like doing in the game.  Its hard getting five stars in this game but I prolonged a five star gunfight to 18 minutes once and have killed over 600 cops.  Getting away from police is fun as f*ck too.  Imagination can take you a long way and sad to say but most people don't have an imagination.  I'm level 105 and play the game like a Kingpin, placing bounties on people and calling mercenaries.  Getting picked up by a Merryweather helicopter when I get a bounty.  I'm finding more sh*t to do everyday, today I rode the Los Santos Transit subway and found out you can take cover on either end of the train.  Gonna try that sh*t next time I get a bounty.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I just stole a Lazer yesterday! :D

blasting through the army while on God-mode :cool:

easy way to destroy a Rhino Tank:

you'll need a Grenade Launcher first! go to the back/rear of the tank and blast it three times. it'll blow this way! just make sure to have a good time between a shot and another.

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

why do people hate on gtav for having nothing after the story, it's like that in every other gta, except this one actually has more things to do.what did you expect from the game when you bought, is this your first gta game, because i doubt it.your probably not a kid, since kids are too casual to hate a game so much.

• ten-a-penny likes this

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

I find plenty of things to do once the story is done. I take out my friends and listen to the dialogue between them. Play middle aged man style as Micheal by playing golf all day and getting drunk in the Vanilla unicorn and making it rain by night. Play bat sh*t crazy style as Trevor and kick random peds in the balls. Take chop for long walks in the country as Franklin, occassionly sic him on the odd Balla. Collect, mod and race cars and bikes. Go for long drives. Take lots of Snapmatic photos. On my next playthrough I'm going to add to that list by going for 100% and gold on every mission. Or at least as many missions as possible, I don't want to torture myself too much.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Spoiler

That's just it. I did not want to use him for the good side missions, I had no interest in him. All the good stuff was restricted to just ONE protagonist, and one that not everyone likes. I was hoping that Franklin would have some really cool gang/hood side missions, but there was none of that. And like you said, property management side missions hardly ever come about, it feels almost non-existent at times.

And for those who keep saying, "use your imagination" - yeah that's cool for a while, but there is only so much of that you can do. Using your imagination to have fun in GTA is a given, but that's not the be all and end all, there should be more. A game of GTA V's huge scope and size should really be providing the player with a ton of features that can be full utilized to have many fun and interesting things to do outside of the main storyline. Even GTA IV alone, for all it's flaws provided this - there were Police Database Vigilante missions, Drug-dealing/delivery missions for Little Jacob, Car Thefts for cash from Brucie, calling Dwayne's boys for armed backup, all this in addition to random strangers missions. GTA V should have topped that by a huge mile, but it actually fell short on this !!

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

its all about what you like to do.

if you love adventure, then just go around in the forest. that what I always do.

if you love to wreak havoc, then just enter the invincibility for 5 minutes cheat and break into the base and destroy anything you see :)

as stated in previous post, I just stole the Lazer jet and store it in the LS hanger :cool: still searching for bad-ass vehicles, I found the Bati-801 bike location. I might make a topic about it :)

really. you'll feel the game "boring" WHEN you don't think to do anything. but when you plan to make a WWIII with the police on God-mode, you'll never get tired.

search for glitches, use cheats, reach 100%, unlock all the acheivements, wreak havoc in the prison or airbase.....

mainly GTA games isn't just for stealing cars. its a game that you do whatever you want in whatever way.

if you feel that the police are just annoying, enter the wanted level down cheat until you have no stars. or just use the God-mode cheat and kill them.

really. the GTA games are pointless (after story/100%) without imaginations :^:

russisloud
  • russisloud

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm planning to one day get this big orange ball onto a highway to see how it causes havoc with the traffic. 

0_0.jpg

A bit difficult on your own but it should be possible with others in GTA Online.

whats the best place to find the big orange ball?   

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Why exactly is it other peoples job to tell you what to do after you completed the game?
You completed it and you've got all you could from it - that's it. If you don't feel like playing, then don't play.
Like every other game out there you will eventually have done everything there is to do. Then you play another game, simple as that.

Seriously OP do you get home from school/work everyday, turn on your console, look at the loading screen for GTA V and think "oh no, not this game again"?
Just pop another game in the console or better yet: GO OUTSIDE!

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

play online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users