Photo

MerryWeather Heist

10 replies to this topic
drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

ok.. ive read a bunch of threads on this on this.. but none were 100% clear.

I have been playing alot of GTA Online.. but recently went back to story mode.

I started the Merryweather mission with Trevor.

I took the Freighter approach.

as directed.. I went and stole the Sub.

however now.. there is nothing left to do, to get the heist started..?

Ive read you have to do 3 FIB missions with Micheal and the First assination mission with Franklin, to get it started..?

I did the first FIB mission, but did not start the Lester/assasination mission with Franklin.

anywways could someone clear this up please.

thanks.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Same problem here.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

You definitely need to do the first Lester assassination mission.

After that's done, keep doing Mike's missions until the H appears over Trevor's safe house in Vespucci beach.

Also make sure you have done all Hs missions for Trevor.

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Awsome thanks!

I also read you have to do a bunch of flight school stuff?
but I think that's for the other approach?

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

I believe it goes for both options because Michael has to fly in either (if I recall correctly).. I went and did all the plane lessons which maxed out Ms flying then it let me progress

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I believe it goes for both options because Michael has to fly in either (if I recall correctly).. I went and did all the plane lessons which maxed out Ms flying then it let me progress

That is incorrect actually. If you choose the Freight option, Michael does not fly.If you choose the offshore option, he doesn't have to go through Flight School. It does change some dialogue with Trevor if you do though.

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

hi.. thanks for the extra feedback...

I have not continued playing since I started this post.. but will try to play more this evening..

ok.. so to me it makes sense that regardless the approach.. the flight school should not be a prerequisite to anything.

besides at no point in the dialogue before or after picking your approach did Trevor say, that any of the characters needed to go to flight school.  yes I do recall that doing the offshore approach required a choper, but it never said who had to fly it, and if that person had to go to flight school.

I love the story mode.. but its very annoying how things are not very clear sometimes.

I stole the sub, and then wait and wait for the next step and nothing happened.. I assumed more other misssions had to be done first, but still had to come here to clarify that.

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

That is incorrect actually. If you choose the Freight option, Michael does not fly.If you choose the offshore option, he doesn't have to go through Flight School. It does change some dialogue with Trevor if you do though.
Oh yea your right .. I forgot that's why I said if I recall correctly lol

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't know if you have already done the heist...if you have an older save go back and do offshore. That way the sub will spawn at Sandy Shores airfield. If you choose the freighter option it does not and it's a bitch to pick up on water...damn near impossible(unless you beach it. Which means you have to find a safe place to land close by and hope the heli does not dissappear).

A bit off topic I have noticed with the game patch vehicles seem dissappear quick  now, as soon as I take a few steps away and turn my back. Back before I could leave a vehicle (not personal vehicle) and walk around a corner and it would stay. Not anymore...

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

You definitely need to do the first Lester assassination mission.

After that's done, keep doing Mike's missions until the H appears over Trevor's safe house in Vespucci beach.

Also make sure you have done all Hs missions for Trevor.

It's not necessary to have completed any of the Lester assassination missions to do the Merryweather Heist.  

I chose the freighter option and did the prereq missions with Trevor then I completed Dead Man Walking, Did Somebody Say Yoga, Three's Company, By the Book, & Hood Safari before the H popped up.  I don't know if they're all required to be completed before the H will show but that's what it took for me.

I still haven't done any of the Lester missions.

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't know if you have already done the heist...if you have an older save go back and do offshore. That way the sub will spawn at Sandy Shores airfield. If you choose the freighter option it does not and it's a bitch to pick up on water...damn near impossible(unless you beach it. Which means you have to find a safe place to land close by and hope the heli does not dissappear).

A bit off topic I have noticed with the game patch vehicles seem dissappear quick  now, as soon as I take a few steps away and turn my back. Back before I could leave a vehicle (not personal vehicle) and walk around a corner and it would stay. Not anymore...

The only times the sub gets picked up in the freighter option is when the crane picks it up at the dock and both times are cut scenes which don't require any player intervention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users