Quantcast

» «
Photo

The official I'm not disappointed thread...

57 replies to this topic
Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 27 October 2013 - 03:12 AM.

Love the game, one of my only gripes is about the story. I hate the fact that the majority of the heists are

Spoiler
That and it's a little short and left me wanting more,

Also, there's a distinct lack of content after the main storyline is over for SP. The focus seems to be solely on GTAO after you completed SP. Not that I don't enjoy GTAO, in fact I think it makes up for the lack of SP content for the most part.

I could go into Online's issues, but I'll save that for another day.

• dontneedanotherusername likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by spamtackey, 27 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

I said I'd say it again and say it again I shall: 

Regardless of my personal disappointment in GTA V, it remains one of the better games available. I consider GTA V to be the worst main series GTA release because  cannot make the case for it being strong like I can the others. The weakest GTA release is still a pretty damn strong release and Rockstar is one of the higher quality developers out there. I see signs that they are approaching a slippery slope but it will take more than one fun game with problems to make me completely doubt the company. 

GTA V has(IMO): 

A wonderful story. (except Franklin who didn't get enough focus)

Very fun missions.

A wonderful amount of optional side missions. 

Random events are awesome (although I hate any that are time-based and that I can miss completely.)

The map is wonderful.

The driving is very fun.

The shooting has been improved.

Hand-to-Hand is actually good for the first time in the series. 

A good variety to the side missions. (Towing cars, taxi, hunting)

I liked what music I heard but I tend to turn the music off so I don't have to hear the radio. 

Planes are awesome.

There are things I don't like but there are definitely things I love about it. 

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

hey people i am not sure if i already asked this, but did this game beat san andreas, the people i have seen say this game is not as good as sa is simply because of nostalgia, so could you tell me?

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hey. I am not saying this is a bad game. I am addicted to it, but the way Rockstar launched the Online mode... just freaking horrible. And no, "give them time" does not cut it. They suck at this, they are incompetent and they can't handle basic things.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

I would say it's my favorite game right now. There has not been another game in my console since release.

This^

The only time I've taken this game out of my ps3 is to put in a DVD :)

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

The majority are quite positive about the game I'd say.

Oh no the majoprity is not, either. That's so false that it can hardly be dignified. Too much missing and too many things wrong for it to be as great as the OP suggests. I like how these liberals and nazis all think the same; To lock out any opinion different than their own. Pathetic way to think, really.

No. Literally all the hate I have been seeing for this game has been on this forum. I'm not kidding. Every. Single. Bit of it. And that's because little kids, like yourselves, took everything R* said, and magnified it by 100x to overhype yourself to the point of believing a massize game would have no faults. There's valid complaints about the game, but you just make yourself look foolish, time and time again.

Don't believe me? Look in the threads from before the game released, the threads where R* released screens or announced info. Every comment is "OMG JIZZ IN MY f*ckING FACE I GOTTA CHANGE MY PANTS"

• dontneedanotherusername likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Oh no the majoprity is not, either. That's so false that it can hardly be dignified. Too much missing and too many things wrong for it to be as great as the OP suggests. I like how these liberals and nazis all think the same; To lock out any opinion different than their own. Pathetic way to think, really.

No. Literally all the hate I have been seeing for this game has been on this forum. I'm not kidding. Every. Single. Bit of it. And that's because little kids, like yourselves, took everything R* said, and magnified it by 100x to overhype yourself to the point of believing a massize game would have no faults. There's valid complaints about the game, but you just make yourself look foolish, time and time again.

Don't believe me? Look in the threads from before the game released, the threads where R* released screens or announced info. Every comment is "OMG JIZZ IN MY f*ckING FACE I GOTTA CHANGE MY PANTS"

I never over-hyped myself. I just expected it to at least be on par with the last one, but I also expected it to have more innovation, not less. And I'm no little kid; I've played since GTA 1, and I have watched it evolve and get better with each new installment. With IV, it took many steps back, but had some positives too. With V, it's just inexcusable for how lacking it is. I can't even believe that R* would let it out the door in that condition. It just looks like a ca$h grab from where I'm sitting. It's great that you like it so much, but I hold R* to a certain standard---A standard that they created and followed......until now. They have to hear the truth. There is more hate on Youtube and a lot of other places. There are loads of ppl disatisfyed. There have been so many ppl banned from Newswire that it's mind-blowing. They're telling R* the truth and R* doesn't wanna hear it. I think they better listen if they plan on continuing making games.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

It is the best game I have ever played. Of course it could have done certain aspects better, but let's accept it for what it is.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

It hasn't been ejected from my PS3 since launch if that says anything.

It's Grand Theft Auto.

I pretty much know what I'm getting with each game, and I like them all. I really liked the missions in V, there were a few I'm not crazy about (FIB) but overall the missions and story felt like a summer action movie. Which was cool and way different from IV's dark mob tale, which I also love.

The increased arsenal is awesome as well, and I'm needing every bit of it in my never ending war with the police :cool:

Atteez
  • Atteez

From crime to legit business

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

I really like the very small details: puddles forming around you when you exit some body of water, the ability to take selfies, taking showers, petrol leaking from the gas tanks, even some components in North Yankton itself, etc...

The gameplay, too, is fantastic. Three characters, pretty cool and new to GTA, the driving physics I personally believe are impressive, turbulence in the choppers and planes aren't too bad, fighting is definitely a step forward as it feels more fluid, and I love how you could knock someone out with one really powerful hit. I could feel the power just flow through the characters' fists and pass right into someone's face. 

Online may have been a bit wonky the first few days up, but now, it feels as if nothing happened. It runs just perfectly now. 

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

I was disappinted at first, but the updates fixed the majority of that. I'm still having some minor problems with f*cked up movement and AI but it's all good.

Currently playing the story for the second time. This time I'm taking it slow, 2 or 3 missions a day and then take in what's going on in the story. The storyline is quite good so far, I hardly paid attention the first time. Just finished the first hest. I wish they made Packie an actual character and not just a crew member.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

under different circumstances, i would be more upset, but the way my life is now, i really enjoy the game for what it is.

i'm very busy with parttime work and fulltime studies, so doing a couple missions and a few activities every other day in sp is a real joy and just enough for me.  the quick saves and other subtle changes to gameplay are what help in this department the most, and i appreciate that.  they have helped turn gta into a lil more pick up and play which is a good thing.

if i had more time, i could see myself being upset with mp lacking.  but i've always known gta to be sp and immersive, so it's not a huge loss for me.    

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I know graphics aren't everything, but V makes IV look last-gen. Great job Rockstar!  :r*:

I really can't agree with that at all. GTA V isn't leaps and bounds graphically like it's made out to be and certainly doesn't make GTA IV look last gen. Have you even played GTA IV lately? I mean if you never liked the way it looked before chances are that's what's jaded your perception. Of course GTA V looks better, but not to the extent it renders GTA IV to look like a last gen game. That's quite an over exaggeration.

Anyway despite GTA V not hitting every mark to topple GTA IV as my favourite GTA these are the things I like about it.

-Car customising. I really missed this in GTA IV.

-Beautiful environment.

-Cool Strangers & Freaks.

-Michael.

-Soundtrack.

• Scaglietti likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

LOL
Support in this thread is moving at snail's pace 6 pages behind unpinned and interestingly with few disappointments , we need a new hero to lead the supporters.
I for one vote for Harvey Dent.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by Stockton209What, 27 October 2013 - 08:50 AM.

GTA 5 sucks!

Edit: Oh wrong thread sorry

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

LOL
Support in this thread is moving at snail's pace 6 pages behind unpinned and interestingly with few disappointments , we need a new hero to lead the supporters.
I for one vote for Harvey Dent.

I vote for Trevor Dent!

Dkv31XZ.png?1

Same condition as Harvey Dent, only he doesn't use a coin to make decisions. He does whatever he wants. 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:11 AM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 27 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

I spend a good amount of time in gaming websites and forums and trust me this is the only place with so much anger towards the game... generally people are satisfied... IMO it's easily the best GTA (GTA SA was my favorite but this is basically an improved version of SA with bigger map and beatiful graphics)

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well to be honest, while GTA V is probably one of my favourite played games so far, part of those that made me love V is of the new features that we have not or already seen; but I kinda disagree with the story overall because even the main characters have a very small plot such as Franklin, who doesn't have a very in-depth story as Michael and Trevor does. But still it's the best game I played yet since GTA IV and GTA SA.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 27 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

There are flaws, but I love the game.  Logged in at 12 days (not hours) playing the game since launch for my online character.  f*ck real life.  :catloaf:

• TakinThyBacon likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

I never over-hyped myself. I just expected it to at least be on par with the last one, but I also expected it to have more innovation, not less. And I'm no little kid; I've played since GTA 1, and I have watched it evolve and get better with each new installment. With IV, it took many steps back, but had some positives too. With V, it's just inexcusable for how lacking it is. I can't even believe that R* would let it out the door in that condition. It just looks like a ca$h grab from where I'm sitting. It's great that you like it so much, but I hold R* to a certain standard---A standard that they created and followed......until now. They have to hear the truth. There is more hate on Youtube and a lot of other places. There are loads of ppl disatisfyed. There have been so many ppl banned from Newswire that it's mind-blowing. They're telling R* the truth and R* doesn't wanna hear it. I think they better listen if they plan on continuing making games.

PM me why you're disappointed and your reasons for it. I seriously want to know why you hate this game so much. I'm curious.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

PM me why you're disappointed and your reasons for it. I seriously want to know why you hate this game so much. I'm curious.

Why you so hurt about it? Many of the explanations are all over this forum. I've explained it many times, many ways. It's you're own fault that you're not gettin it. It's a big ass list that you cannot debunk.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 27 October 2013 - 10:39 PM.

@AtomicPunk 

Your trolling is getting more and more abundantly clear with every post you make.

It is infact the majority who are happy with this game and enjoy it. This forum has become evident as being the worst place I've come across on the internet concerning the level of hate this game is receiving, and even still, the polls here have reflected that V is the majority of members favourite GTA to date. You and I both know you've seen these polls, so quit trying to convince people otherwise.

Here's some food for thought: if this game disgusts you so much, snap the disc, leave this forum, and you'll never have to think about this atrocious game ever again. Sound good?

• Lock N' Stock likes this

donnii
  • donnii

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Best GTA game ever created. If you want to see proof how much better looking this is than it's predecessor, pop lV in and have a look at the draw distance compared to V. This games graphics are truly remarkable.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

The game is f*cking excellent. Playing GTA IV would sometimes feel like a chore, Like I had to finish it. GTA V is just so fun and there's countless things to do, I've played 72 hours so far and i'm still trying to get 100% :p

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

Best GTA game

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

Why you so hurt about it? Many of the explanations are all over this forum. I've explained it many times, many ways. It's you're own fault that you're not gettin it. It's a big ass list that you cannot debunk.

I'm not hurt at all. Why would I be? I'm curious. Many of the explanations on the forum are personal things people wanted, but didn't make in, and people are butt-hurt about it. So, if you want to stop me from thinking you're stupid and have no argument, PM me. I'd like to see this list that I cannot debunk.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm not hurt at all. Why would I be? I'm curious. Many of the explanations on the forum are personal things people wanted, but didn't make in, and people are butt-hurt about it. So, if you want to stop me from thinking you're stupid and have no argument, PM me. I'd like to see this list that I cannot debunk.

I think you and Niko Bellics Half Brother have serious problems with objectivity and other peoples opinions. Commies. You'll eat what ever R* will shovel in your mouths and that's not good for future GTA's. I never said anywhere that I hate V, because I don't. It is, however, my least favorite. I expected better from R*. In almost every area of design, besides the graphics, R* faultered with bad design choices. This game doesn't have anymore really than San An, and that was how long ago? OH!!! We gotz da yogaz!!! YAY!
It is a pretty game, and it's just ok the first play through. It is no masterpiece like some people are pretending it to be. 10/10 it is not. Not even 9/10 and this is based on the many things that all games are measured by.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

You heard him mods. Pin this thread and make sure all positive posts about the game are made in this thread and this thread alone.

I support this thread, despite how sh*tty GTA 5 is

Oh not you again, take your penis obsessed mind elsewhere please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users