Beginner Tips?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic
PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Well i just started playing gta 5 online and my first impression is that you really can't compare this to other online games on pc, now there are many things that i keep not understanding for example why i spawn where all the lvl200 guys are with their armored cars andbest weapons anyway i thought the beginners would be together but that was wrong.. now i started some mission a race vs another guy lvl57 or smth, he saw me at lvl6 and let me like 5 seconds to start over, once he was catching me, he got caught by a car which he didnt see cause it was just in front of me and i moved in the last second.. so what happens, like 5m before the race is over, that guy leaves and i dont get any   cash / xp or what ever its called here and like if that wouldnt be enough, i got somekind like reported for bad behaviour cause i left the game wtf?  he left the game not me... 

would be nice to have some tips how to start over and what i have to look after..

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by stocksyuto, 26 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Dont join a race that has custom cars on .unless you have it fully modded

Use passive mode and make sure you are out of the way of bein run over

If a blip is coming towards you fast get out your car and use it as cover .

Cosmo1010
  • Cosmo1010

Rule-Breaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

No.1 rule Don't trust anyone not even your friends or your granny.

psychopants
  • psychopants

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

No.1 rule Don't trust anyone not even your friends or your granny.

Word

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Honestly never thought of the second part, tho that might night always work if the person is coming to kill you and has sticky bombs :-/

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Buy snacks at the shop so you can replenish your health.

Passive mode only protects you from direct damage from other players on foot. By that, it means that:

-NPCs can still attack you, in that case you are f*cked since you can't draw your weapons.

-Players can still run you over and kill you.

-You can use weapons while your are in a car and kill other players. They can kill you aswell.

Always store your money in your bank, but don't use the ATM machines, simply do this:

Phone>Internet>in the search bar type "atm">acces the only link available

Now store your precious cash.

Also, you can only go passive mode if you have at least 100$ in your pockets, not in your bank.

Survival and races are the best way to make money. And never, ever, do the Death from above mission. NEVER.

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Do not cheat/glitch.

It will take the fun and challenge of the game away.

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

think of it as growing up in the hood, you don't want to be flashing weapons, or instantly shooting people the moment you see them. But you want to be careful, and be aware of how they react. You might find this easier on a free-aim servers because it makes a person less likely to instant kill you if something does go down. Try to stick with a Bag-and-tag policy, meaning you kill them and you leave. Don't stick around and let them drain you of money and resources.

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Buy snacks at the shop so you can replenish your health.

Passive mode only protects you from direct damage from other players on foot. By that, it means that:

-NPCs can still attack you, in that case you are f*cked since you can't draw your weapons.

-Players can still run you over and kill you.

-You can use weapons while your are in a car and kill other players. They can kill you aswell.

Always store your money in your bank, but don't use the ATM machines, simply do this:

Phone>Internet>in the search bar type "atm">acces the only link available

Now store your precious cash.

Also, you can only go passive mode if you have at least 100$ in your pockets, not in your bank.

Survival and races are the best way to make money. And never, ever, do the Death from above mission. NEVER.

do you seriously type "atm" in the search bar istead of just clicking the bank link on the startpage? lol...

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

-Don't worry about passive mode; if people can't shoot you, they'll just run you over.

-Racing is the best way to make money; don't race with custom cars (until you have a nicely modded car).

-If you have ANY friends that play, your best bet is to race with JUST them and swap races (great way to make money and experience)

-Missions are fun, but the payouts are halved after you do them for the first time (or if you're below the required level for the mission)

-Until you have a decent amount saved up, I'd recommend being in private sessions (Go to single player, press Start, go to Online, go to GTA Online, and select invite only).

-Get used to aiming - whether it be auto-aim or free-aim.

-Don't spend money on trivial things. Get an apartment. Get one car. Upgrade only that car until you've gotten more into the hang of things and have more money.

-Always assume any player in free roam will attack you on sight; don't attack first, but wait and see if they're determined to get near you. If so, kill them.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Op if you need a group of chill people to play with and help you make money and shoot the breeze hit me up man, pm me.

We play every night, do tons of missions, dont worry about buying ammo or needing weapins, I can drop you ammo and a good gun (because max shooting skill lets you carry 9000 rounds of ammo), we can help you get an apartment, help you do races, no custom cars, catch up on to counter top drive skill vs new character skill levels, and we can have your back if you get jumped by other players.

Its not necessary to join our crew, just jump in and play.
  • Udrift likes this

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Op if you need a group of chill people to play with and help you make money and shoot the breeze hit me up man, pm me.

We play every night, do tons of missions, dont worry about buying ammo or needing weapins, I can drop you ammo and a good gun (because max shooting skill lets you carry 9000 rounds of ammo), we can help you get an apartment, help you do races, no custom cars, catch up on to counter top drive skill vs new character skill levels, and we can have your back if you get jumped by other players.

Hey um does that go for others that need help or wanna play with some cool people too? :)

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

The offer stands for anyone.
  • Conici likes this

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

You on psn or xbl?

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Xbl. xJdKxZomBiE is my gamertag.

PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

so the fastes way to make money is with races ? but with that u play like vs 6 guys and i don't win 100% of them lol until now i did missions cause i thought they bring me more money.. now im lvl11 and i got 18k of cash and no apartment... and i've to play with guys with fighter jets armored vehicles etc ...  i thought it would be better cause i really enjoyed the single player mode but the online mode has many things to become better,anyone can explain me how it works with apartments / garages? you can have multiplay garages / apartments no? so you can have like 20 garages if needed, but how does it work if u have an apartment and another guy in the server has it too ?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

so the fastes way to make money is with races ? but with that u play like vs 6 guys and i don't win 100% of them lol until now i did missions cause i thought they bring me more money.. now im lvl11 and i got 18k of cash and no apartment... and i've to play with guys with fighter jets armored vehicles etc ...  i thought it would be better cause i really enjoyed the single player mode but the online mode has many things to become better,anyone can explain me how it works with apartments / garages? you can have multiplay garages / apartments no? so you can have like 20 garages if needed, but how does it work if u have an apartment and another guy in the server has it too ?

you can only have one property (so only 1 garage or 1 appartment with garage)

once you change you get a bit of money back

all properties are instanced, so if you drive up and there's some1 who owns the same appartment as you and you go inside, the game will create a new copy of the appartment for you

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Honestly never thought of the second part, tho that might night always work if the person is coming to kill you and has sticky bombs :-/

Na you cant be blown up by stickies anyway if your in passive mode.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

^^^

100% this

If i was starting the game today i would definitely either look for an active crew to join or look for friendly folk to play with such as this fine gentleman

Very best of luck and have a look through some of the pinned threads that have numerous game play hints, tips, tricks etc

PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

thx for the responses well that was an important info that u can only buy 1 i will wait and buy smth bigger than instead of imediately buying the cheapest one. i wastes to much money yesterday i knew it that smth was going wrong, every time i died i lost money + the ammunation of the uzi made it also expensive playing vs other players but hey i could improve my kdr from 0.57 to 1.47^^  about the selling cars, normally it is 1 / day so every 48min but often when i go to the lsc they say they dont need any cars even if more than 48min have passed, so is it normal? and about your stats, do all kills deads count you made vs online players? for example if you die by the police do you get also a + 1 death? and if you do missions or play in the ''normal'' map it counts both the same ? and what you get with combo strikes? i had them today but i guess u just win a bit more points nothing else right?

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I suggest playing on free aim as you wont get as many people trying to insta-kill you on sight. Having to actually aim can greatly deter people from starting a shoot out for no reason.

Races give you no cash if you do them alone. Best to have 1 or 2 others and trade wins. Great way to level up & earn cash. Also, winning races unlocks upgrades for the class which you win the races with.

Robbing stores, races, survivals (must be level 15 or invited) & selling cars to LSC are easy ways to make money early on.

Always be on your toes & ready to draw a weapon. I wont shoot on sight of another player, but i will have my gun drawn before they are in sight as a security measure.

Dont buy the most expensive apartment. All the $200k + apartments are the same floorplan just decorated different with different views. All the $200k and up apartments have a 10 car garage & heist planning room.

As said, try to focus on upgrading only one vehicle for starters, with bulletproof tires being the most important mod on any vehicle.

Bank your cash often & try not to destroy others personal vehicles as you pay the insurance fee.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Tips for a fellow Portuguese man;

1. Buy a cheap mask that doesn't cover your hair. When you rob a store with the mask on, as soon as you walk out, you can take it off and lose 1* off your wanted level.

3. Sell cars to any mod shop as much as possible. If you're unsure about what some cars sell for, simply log onto the internet from your ingame phone, go to travel and transport > southernsanadreassuperautos. Then what ever the price is for the car you have for sell, divide it by 10.

4. Before robbing stores, buy everything they have for sell except for redwood (cigarettes) and Pisswasser (liqour). That's of course if you don't plan on smoking a pack a day and getting drunk then trying to speed down the highway. All of which are included in my daily activity.

5. Get yourself a garage ASAP. $20,000 should be enough. Don't worry about apartments too soon, learn the game 1st.

6. Racing = Quick Money. And it's the best way to get your characters driving ability up as fast as possible.

7. Don't mod any car you don't plan on keeping forever or intend using for racing. It's going to slow your progress.

8. Get as many cars to Simeon as possible.

9. Don't buy armor. You can get it for free by playing survival. Survival also gives you 20k upon completion and you get to keep the weapons you pick up. That is until you log out.

10. Make sure you check your ammo before carrying out any activity that may turn hostile. I've had my Uzi jam on me in the middle of a bounty chase and ended up dying like a fool.

11. Keep your distance from white dots on the map and use passive mode if you want to avoid dying often, which costs $500 each time.

If I can think of any more hints & tips, I'll let you know..

• army_rizzle likes this

PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

thx guys for all the tips :D im trying to understand the game and the gamers aswell.. sometimes i have a nice crew but i just finished a mission after 25min cause my 2 team mates didnt do anything.. we had to steal 2 cars and bring them to a garage.. guess what i had to do both of them and my team mates were driving across the map...  im lvl11 now if smth wants to add me as friend to play with feel free i have the same name as here, im not a pro as i just startedbut im getting better with the time as in any game ;)

owlbcnu
  • owlbcnu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Which console are you on PS3/Xbox?

PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

PS3, just found a nice way to make cash, kill players that have a bounty just earned 9k but now i have a bounty of that same guy -.-

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well i just started playing gta 5 online and my first impression is that you really can't compare this to other online games on pc, now there are many things that i keep not understanding for example why i spawn where all the lvl200 guys are with their armored cars andbest weapons anyway i thought the beginners would be together but that was wrong.. now i started some mission a race vs another guy lvl57 or smth, he saw me at lvl6 and let me like 5 seconds to start over, once he was catching me, he got caught by a car which he didnt see cause it was just in front of me and i moved in the last second.. so what happens, like 5m before the race is over, that guy leaves and i dont get any   cash / xp or what ever its called here and like if that wouldnt be enough, i got somekind like reported for bad behaviour cause i left the game wtf?  he left the game not me... 

would be nice to have some tips how to start over and what i have to look after..

You need to grind and boost.

First you need to find the LSC change character car glitch and cheat to get yourself about 10 millon.  Thats about the max youll need to really get some legit stuff.  Will take a couple hours, but vs 200 hours of legitimate game play its the only way to go unless you wanna be paycheck to paycheck in gta forever.

now you need to go grind on criminal records race.  If you look on this forum you can see people posting "hosting criminal records race."  Thats because this is a 1 minute 2 lap race that gets you about 7500rp.  So you do the money glitch to get your cash, then you do the race boosting to get yourself some rank.  And it doesnt matter fi you win the race.  Just do the laps without crashing and you will get 7500 rp.  It wont show up at the end stat screen but it will add to your rank after the first lap.

Then after you have some higher rank and decent guns and a fast car, you can at least try to defend yourself.  But untill you have cash,guns,fast car, which all need rank, you cant do sh*t really.  So the sooner you bite the bullet and do your..... about 10 hours worht of boosting and money glitching, youll be able to actually play for real.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

buy a garage asap

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

oh and some douche will kill you for no reason no matter what you do get used to it try to find severs that ppl dont suck in.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

First you need to find the LSC change character car glitch and cheat to get yourself about 10 millon.  Thats about the max youll need to really get some legit stuff.  Will take a couple hours, but vs 200 hours of legitimate game play its the only way to go unless you wanna be paycheck to paycheck in gta forever.

now you need to go grind on criminal records race.  If you look on this forum you can see people posting "hosting criminal records race."  Thats because this is a 1 minute 2 lap race that gets you about 7500rp.  So you do the money glitch to get your cash, then you do the race boosting to get yourself some rank.  And it doesnt matter fi you win the race.  Just do the laps without crashing and you will get 7500 rp.  It wont show up at the end stat screen but it will add to your rank after the first lap.

Then after you have some higher rank and decent guns and a fast car, you can at least try to defend yourself.  But untill you have cash,guns,fast car, which all need rank, you cant do sh*t really.  So the sooner you bite the bullet and do your..... about 10 hours worht of boosting and money glitching, youll be able to actually play for real.

^^^

Dont listen to this fool, glitching is not the answer

PortugueseOwnage
  • PortugueseOwnage

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

and how can i participateon those criminal records race ? i mean i cant search them or so ingame can I?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users