Photo

Preventing sharks from spawning.

11 replies to this topic
JonasRC
  • JonasRC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I've been playing for alot of hours and haven't spotted one shark yet.

As Franklin, i called to Michael to hang out. I figured he would improve my survival odds if I encountered any sharks. So I went to the dinghy (where the sub is) and drove out to where I could find collectibles.

I got bored after collecting two items so I drove around and jumped out of the boat to have sharks spawning, but they never did, not even on the east coast.

I also made Michael swim behind the boat but still no sharks.

Am I just unlucky(or lucky) or does hanging out with someone prevent sharks from spawning?

I know that taking chop for a walk will disable some of the wildlife. Have anyone tried this?

/J

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

I think you need to get out to a large distance from the map and then they will mysteriously come and eat you. You can't be on a boat though. 

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

I think you need to get out to a large distance from the map and then they will mysteriously come and eat you. You can't be on a boat though. 

They do appear if you're on a boat. But yes, you need to go out into deep water for them to appear.

JonasRC
  • JonasRC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Are You sure? I get that I need to be in the water but do I really have to risk my boat?

gnrdeth13
  • gnrdeth13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

If you're in your diving gear, head out to deep water and hop off the boat.  When one appears go under immediately.  They seem to only eat you if you're on or close to the surface.  Diving down a little distance will cause them to stall and stop coming after you.  From there, you can observe them safely.  Or, you can hop off the boat and stay VERY close to it.  Shark will appear quicker and you can hop back on the boat and splatter the fish with any of your guns.

Happy fishin'!

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by tresshold, 26 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

let the game find them for you !!

complete the dinghy mission.

you can shoot them while in a boot

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I haven't even went shark sight seeing yet! This game is so massive and amazing that I still haven't experience ALL it has to offer. I am at 59% in SP and rank 28 on MP and I'm just overwhelmed with everything. I'll make it a point to check them out soon!

JonasRC
  • JonasRC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I haven't even went shark sight seeing yet! This game is so massive and amazing that I still haven't experience ALL it has to offer. I am at 59% in SP and rank 28 on MP and I'm just overwhelmed with everything. I'll make it a point to check them out soon!

Yeah, I love this game. I drove into the shore and it started to rain, waves made the boat jump up and down and then the thunder hit. I jumped up in the chair, amazing. I saw a shark for the first time when in submarine, i rammed it. Accidentally of course.

Hope they release wildlife online so we can go shark gazing together. (So we can feed the sharks with other players)

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

1st time I saw a shark, I was checking the many islands out in a helicopter so naturally, I was flying low to the water. As I flew over the sea, I noticed a red dot in the ocean on the mini map following me.
I moved the camera angle to see if I could see anything and just as I did, the shark jumped out of the water just missing the bottom of the helicopter.
Very cool to watch.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I didn't just saw one....I've been EATING by one! :wtf:

now I had to start the whole mission again! :lol: at least the mission is super great! :cool:

John Angelo
  • John Angelo

"You f*ck up once, you lose two teeth."

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hopefully this helps:

The key is to go deep enough.

JonasRC
  • JonasRC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

You know what. At last last night I did spot a couple of sharks, even when hanging around with a friend. As Franklin with jimmy. But I had to change boat to a suntrap. Been using the dinghy, seashark and a squalo or whatever they are called. But they didnt spawn until I jumped into a suntrap.

They appear whenever I'm close to some collectible. And I remember getting red dots on radar from driving close to collectibles before but i thought they were some other divers also trying to find treasures. 

Amazing game, even the sharks have some sort of self discipline not to eat junk food (MIchaels son Jimmy).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users